PDA

View Full Version : The fat lady has sung

May 9th, 2011, 05:50
Hi Gents,

I have already mentioned previously my gratitude to Spike and Jinks (and all the posters actually), but if the party's over, we move on. Spike mentions about handing over but now Jinks has already resurrected another board.

For my part, I guess I'll just move on myself and whilst it's not life or death, there used to be a facility to delete your own posts, is that facility still here please??

I only ever bothered with this board anyway and if the chapter is now closed it never seems the same in another place, and the other boards never did really appeal as this had a more diverse and larger membership or appeared to,unless maybe that's just me!

I might even do something useful and financially profitable with my time,instead of whiling away the hours on here.Anyways I have the rest of Asia to explore soon, so that should occupy me.

At the end of the day it is a messageboard/forum where there has been over the years some great and informative posts, sometimes you have to sift, but it was all there and all free information which give many of us tips,advice and insight.

It is not the end of the World. is it?? Goodbye all. :alc:

May 9th, 2011, 15:27
Bye Kevin + good luck.

On the strength of Spike's original post I decided to leave also and PMd Jinks to that effect since, as you say, there seems to be no "self-destruct button" Quite obviously my deletion has not yet taken effect!!

In the interim, Spike seems to have changed his mind - but I think I'll stick to my decision.

See ya around!

SG

:occasion9:

Beachlover
May 9th, 2011, 17:09
Well, it seems Spike is happy to hand the site over to a new owner. Let's hope this happens.

I decided to leave also and PMd Jinks to that effect since... I think I'll stick to my decision.
We'll miss you Scottish! So long... :occasion9:

thonglor55
May 9th, 2011, 18:27
Well, it seems Spike is happy to hand the site over to a new owner. Let's hope this happens.I can't imagine much worse, jinx track record on moderating is abysmal. I shall not be crossing over.

Diec
May 10th, 2011, 07:57
Bye Kevey and Scotty...wonder if they'll show up under different handles???

May 10th, 2011, 12:35
Goodbye,farewell and Amen.
Wasn't that from the TV show M.a.s.h?

Do we have a link?

May 10th, 2011, 17:19
I can't imagine much worse, jinx track record on moderating is abysmal. I shall not be crossing over.

That makes the other board sound very promising indeed :hello1:

May 11th, 2011, 01:22
Kevin and Scotty, if you both carry out what you have said, it will be very sad. I believe that you would both be greatly missed by many here, and certainly by me.

I would like to think that you will both reconsider your decisions, for the following reasons. The fat lady has not sung yet, and where this board is concerned; it is my firm belief that she never will.

Cheers guys,

George.

Beachlover
May 11th, 2011, 11:45
George is right... It looks like the board will continue.

thonglor55
May 12th, 2011, 15:49
Wrong fat lady, Kevin. I guess being back in the West, with so many lard-arsed women around, it's difficult to identify which is the correct fat lady doing the singing.

May 12th, 2011, 18:57
In my oponion you brought the demise on yourselves. You either were very partial in your moderating or did not moderate at all! The never ending posting on the subject of what rally happened or didn't happen at said bar in Boystown was a prime example.

Goodbye and Goodluck!

lonelywombat
May 21st, 2011, 08:21
In my oponion you brought the demise on yourselves. You either were very partial in your moderating or did not moderate at all! The never ending posting on the subject of what rally happened or didn't happen at said bar in Boystown was a prime example.

Goodbye and Goodluck!

Can you imagine what this board will be like in future , if one of those brawlers is to be the new owner of this forum. Ugh.

thonglor55
May 21st, 2011, 09:05
Can you imagine what this board will be like in future , if one of those brawlers is to be the new owner of this forum.Much the same as it is now, I would imagine. It's called the First Amendment.

May 21st, 2011, 10:34
Can you imagine what this board will be like in future , if one of those brawlers is to be the new owner of this forum. Ugh.
I imagine much more tolerable and interesting than a board run by you.
Since this board is not currently to your liking and probably won't be under new ownership, why don't you just piss off somewhere else?