PDA

View Full Version : Moving On

elephantspike
May 8th, 2011, 15:04
I really need to disassociate myself with this website ASAP. I will be deleting it soon.

Smiles started the community which I am thankful to him for, all 275 members on a sub-domain of ezboard. It's a domain with thousands of members and lots of hits from search engines now, though. Different animal now. Whatever. Anyway...

I just don't want to have anything to do with the talk about going up-country to fetch a new batch of "boys" to service you guys, much less do I want to have anything to do with any of these petty infights which have, on at least one occasion, led to the death of a sacred human soul.

I am washing my hands of it. Any data you have on this site that you wish to keep download it and save it.

This domain will be one of those domain space-saving pages by July 4th.

May 8th, 2011, 15:12
Instead of deleting it, would you be willing to pass it on to someone to continue running it?

stkyricesf
May 8th, 2011, 15:23
A shame... another one bites the dust. :crybaby:

Khor tose
May 8th, 2011, 15:45
Instead of deleting it, would you be willing to pass it on to someone to continue running it?

Good suggestion. Go ahead and quit if you want, but why not ask someone to take it over for you first.? Not all members of this board engage in these kind of fights, and in between all of the petty spats, there is some great information and conversations. Heck, why not give it to Jinks, if nothing else.

Beachlover
May 8th, 2011, 15:51
What a shame to hear of this... especially when SGT is buzzing along so energetically now.

Would you consider handing it to another owner? Perhaps the current sponsor would be interested. I assume the site generates more advertising revenue than the cash it costs to run it.

I just don't want to have anything to do with the talk about going up-country to fetch a new batch of "boys" to service you guys...
I hope people can see SGT is about much more than just prostitution in Thailand. Whilst prostitution is a significant part of the gay scene in Thailand and is heavily discussed, SGT still has plenty of discussion on topics unrelated to prostitution here.

There is also a lot of healthy discussion about gay life in other Asian countries in the "Any Country" forum.

Brad the Impala
May 8th, 2011, 16:20
I really need to disassociate myself with this website ASAP. I will be deleting it soon.

That's sad. I can understand if you want to disassociate yourself and move on, but I don't think that the exchanges here are all that much worse than when Smiles passed it to you. There are peaks and troughs over the years, but this board certainly has a special character which can be frustrating and also enjoyable.

When Smiles wanted to move on, he took the time to find someone else prepared to take on the forum, and rather than just deleting it, it would be appreciated if you could do the same.

May 8th, 2011, 16:33
This is terrible news, I have been reading here for many years now and when I finally decide to take the plunge, the carpet has been taken away.

I wondered though how long it would last, when you had just a few flamers stopping other genuine posters speaking, so many left at that time to never return, I see some of them have gone to baht-stop now may be they needed a new flaming ground to hide like cowards,The New "gaybuttonthai" forum would not stand their poison pens, they were soon shown the door on that well monitored site.

R.I.P

I just canтАЩt understand why you canтАЩt just hand it on as smiles did to you for free, it will only make chicken fodder on the open domain market. Maybe someone will pay the going price even if you give m a chance.

newalaan
May 8th, 2011, 16:57
I really need to disassociate myself with this website ASAP.This is very sad news. But Elephantspike has presided over this website/forum for a number of years, that in itself is worthy of a heartfelt vote of thanks for the mounds of excellent helpful information to have come out of the forum over the years.

I can understand the need to disassociate if the reasons for running this board have changed over the years (different animal now, as ES says) to the extent where ES now is clearly fed up with running it. Over the piece it has been the most consistant fixture in the gay thailand forum world and has always been the main forum to most of the readers/posters interested in gay thailand life. I always felt it to be worth every baht of any annual donation made for the upkeep of the website/forum.

I don't think that the exchanges here are all that much worse than when Smiles passed it to you. There are peaks and troughs over the years, but this board certainly has a special character which can be frustrating and also enjoyable.Yes, i concur with Brad's sentiments, but if it has reached the stage of feeling the need to to disassociate himself ES obviously feels strongly enough that the animal he was associated with at the start has changed sufficiently in his eyes to have him come to this decision.

I would like to add my thanks to Elephantspike for the running of the website which has given very much pleasure over the years to many and although I'm very,very disappointed at his annoucement, wish him the all very best of good heath and best wishes for the future. I certainly hope he may have a change of mind, but from his comments here that doesn't seem likely.

May 8th, 2011, 17:18
Whatever you decide to do Spike, thanks for the time and effort. Good luck with any future endeavours that may come your way....

May 8th, 2011, 17:20
ES,

I understand that you wish to call it a day for your own reasons. Good luck and thanks for having the time and patience for running a forum.If you feel it has run its course,so be it.

I have actually tried today to delete all my posts but can't find the function to achieve this, Can you tell me how to do this please or can you delete them all for me?

Thanks for everything,

Kevin.

Beachlover
May 8th, 2011, 17:21
Elephantspike has presided over this website/forum for a number of years, that in itself is worthy of a heartfelt vote of thanks for the mounds of excellent helpful information to have come out of the forum over the years.... I can understand the need to disassociate if the reasons for running this board have changed over the years (different animal now, as ES says) to the extent where ES now is clearly fed up with running it.\

I would like to add my thanks to Elephantspike for the running of the website which has given very much pleasure over the years to many and although I'm very,very disappointed at his annoucement, wish him the all very best of good heath and best wishes for the future. I certainly hope he may have a change of mind, but from his comments here that doesn't seem likely.
I agree with these sentiments by Brad and Alaan. Most of us are aware Elephantspike lost interest in the gay Thailand scene years ago so to him, this site has probably just been a source of pocket money along with the occasional headache.

Thank you Spike, for keeping this site going as long as you have. Since the social/community rewards of running the site passed some years ago, I hope you've at least gotten something out of it financially to make up for the head space SGT takes up. Best of luck with your future endevours.

I noticed just recently this site has again become the busiest of all the gay Thailand forums.

Why not simply pass the ownership of the site to someone else? It could be done free of charge or for a small payment (since the site does generate ad revenue).

luvthai-2
May 8th, 2011, 17:22
Many thanks for the work over the years and for the info the board has supplied to both newcommers and regular viewers. The board will be missed.

bigben
May 8th, 2011, 18:46
Been a great site for years and I am sad to see E/S call it a day. I am sure all offers will be considered. A lot of good guys post on here and this site has provided many many hours of enjoyment to many many people.

May the force be with you.......

Thai Dyed
May 8th, 2011, 19:57
Spike said: "...much less do I want to have anything to do with any of these petty infights which have, on at least one occasion, led to the death of a sacred human soul."

Who the fuck died because of a "petty infight" here? That's not so petty any more. I never knew about that. Pray tell!

giggsy
May 8th, 2011, 20:53
Spike said: "...much less do I want to have anything to do with any of these petty infights which have, on at least one occasion, led to the death of a sacred human soul."

Who the fuck died because of a "petty infight" here? That's not so petty any more. I never knew about that. Pray tell!

Remember Homitern ?

bao-bao
May 8th, 2011, 21:47
Spike - thank you again for taking the heat here as long as you did. Overall I've been pleased to be a contributing member here and I wish you the very best of luck in whatever you choose to do after SGT.

I'm sure the same unpleasant folks who currently spoil so many threads on the board will find new places to keep their cyber/fantasy lives going. What a shame to see such a popular board go away.

DCbob
May 8th, 2011, 22:31
Thanks for giving us the information.
It is better than one day clicking and finding out that the site is no long good, but with no explanation as to why.
You have legit reasons. I will not even begin telling you what to do.
If you sell/give this site away that would be noble.
But if you really just want to close it down, it is yours to do with as you see fit.
Best of luck, and thanks for letting me be a part of this.
posting.php?mode=reply&f=9&t=21040# (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/posting.php?mode=reply&f=9&t=21040#)

elephantspike
May 9th, 2011, 00:14
I've slept on it and given it some thought and have read your replies on this thread and your PMs. I guess it would be hasty to actually delete it, but I just want out. I should just pass it on to someone else.

Brad the Impala
May 9th, 2011, 04:24
That's good news. I hope that something will be worked out.

May 9th, 2011, 04:29
It's always good to sleep on something before coming to a decision Spike. Let's hope you find someone to take SGT over as, even with the ups and downs it's still the best forum around.

dab69
May 9th, 2011, 06:52
Imuch less do I want to have anything to do with any of these petty infights which have, on at least one occasion, led to the death of a sacred human soul.

How about Beachlover promising not to bore any more people to death?

1PR4BKK
May 9th, 2011, 09:21
Glad to hear that you will not delete this site. For me, this site has been a treasure trove of information for my visits to the Land of Smiles. It has also been a source of entertainment and nostalgia when I am back in my home country.

Thanks for putting up with us for as long as you did and I hope that it continues to live on.

Best wishes...

CoffeeBreak
May 9th, 2011, 09:50
Glad to hear E/S that this site will continue as it is head and shoulders about any other gay forums. Not only is the sawatdee gay site informative and interesting but it is a good support system for many westerners who live or come in Thailand. Its a valuable service.
Also it is extremly well moderated where members are treated as adults even though some do not behave like that and its a pity there are some nuisance posters but hopefully you can or have learnt to regard that like water off a duck's back, eh, and in any event well done for all your work and efforts etc.

Beachlover
May 9th, 2011, 17:06
Let's hope you find someone to take SGT over as, even with the ups and downs it's still the best forum around.
Totally agree... It's been buzzing with activity lately, which is great. Let's hope it continues.

Speaking of continuing... anyone heard from Unkie/Justme? He seems to be AWOL.

May 10th, 2011, 07:02
No, I am here. I have been quite ill lately and just got out of the hospital again. Was rushed by ambulance to BKK/Pattaya last Monday very ill. Turned out it was a serious infection. Got back home a few days ago to find my internet not working and it came back up late yesterday.

SGF is a great forum and I would like to see it continue. The work, the efforts of E/S and JINKS are very commendable and they go through tons of crap to make sure that the forum is run to the best of their ability, but we are adults and they have lives of their own. They, like some advertisers and other people get alot of shit from only a select few and it would be wonderful if all or most of that infighting could be brought to a halt. I am not sure exactly why this happens.

Last night I had a SGF visitor at the bar. I believe he said his home was in Chiang Mei. First time I met him. He said that he had been visiting Mark from Krazy Dragon and that Mark had pulled out of SGF for some time because it seemed like everyone on SGF ws picking fights with him. I heard the same reports about Yaya, which I am sorry to say, I have never been to, and of course me, at my bar.

It is unfortunate that what seems to be a SELECT FEW. seem to ruin it for many. SGF is a great, informative network and needs to continue!!
But it needs to continue with NEW rules and NEW policies in place to IMEADIATELY stop these MAJOR fights. Oh sure, I guess some little bickering is fun and entertaining, but there needs to be a line drawn as to define what is a freindly disagreement and light bickering, and where line is to avoid or stop major fights from distrupting the entire board, including mine but not limited to those that have caused mine to go horribly aray. Some of us feel that this is cute and fun. I really believe that 99% of us don't think it is cute and fun. The people who I have had the pleasure of talking to about this constantly complain about the same things. They ask an important question, well at least to them, and many times all they get back are smart ass answers which eventually break down to sqaubbling and fighting once again.
As an advertiser and therefore a major supporter of this board, I hope that E/S and JINKS will continue on this board but put these new safeguards strictly in place or find someone willing to take the helm that can.

Good luck to all, I will try to gracefully bow out of the limelight and return to my bar where I was originally supposed to be and not on this board except for announcements.
tata. :hello2:

thonglor55
May 10th, 2011, 10:09
It is unfortunate that what seems to be a SELECT FEW. seem to ruin it for many. In the light of recent multiple threads involving MiniMe's bar, in which MiniMe actively participated, this post would be sad - if it were not so excruciatingly funny. I've just spat a mouthful of mid-morning coffee down my front as I read it - a real LOL post. Fortunately I wander about in the morning completely naked - no need to get dressed until I go out - so it only requires a shower before I go out for me to clean up.

May 10th, 2011, 10:31
Thonglor, as I stated above, yes, I actively participated in a few very lengthy threads BUT it is important to remind you that the posts at first were due to the fact that a very few found it necessary to pick on others because of what they believe to be false descriptions of themselves. This is an annonymous board and thus, it really should not matter if some of us say we are 19 years old, blonde hair blue ayaes and a 12 inch dick. I am not sure why it is so important for some to prove who they are and where they have come from. Then when this is pointed out, of course it escaltes into defensive posting to attack me, rather than confronting the issue and of course we all know what happened next.

While you feel this is funny, and maybe it was to many, it was the way things are talked about, and then break down into outright fighting/attacking and making wild accusations.
I think I recall when first talking to you, you first started by saying it was ok if I thought you were a drunk and some other stuff. I dont remember exact words, but I have no want or need to know if you drink excessively or what you do. That is your God given right to. I have never attacked you, dont want to and I dont really think you have done this to me.
I am referring to, the deliberate baiting one into wild fights and clawing that are nt necessary. if you feel that defending myself was what ultimately CAUSED the fight you are referring to, well then so be it, but if proper moderation was in place, those type of wild accusations that I was accused of would have not stayed on the board long and therefore never created the long battles for which I finally proved that I was lied about.
Thanks!

Khor tose
May 10th, 2011, 11:09
Thonglor, as I stated above, yes, I actively participated in a few very lengthy threads BUT it is important to remind you that the posts at first were due to the fact that a very few found it necessary to pick on others because of what they believe to be false descriptions of themselves.......I am referring to, the deliberate baiting one into wild fights and clawing that are nt necessary. if you feel that defending myself was what ultimately CAUSED the fight you are referring to, well then so be it, but if proper moderation was in place, those type of wild accusations that I was accused of would have not stayed on the board long and therefore never created the long battles for which I finally proved that I was lied about.
Thanks!

тАЬRemorse for what? You people have done everything in the world to me. Doesn't that give me equal right?тАЭ---Charles Manson,

May 10th, 2011, 13:38
Whatever,I personally think it was time for this board to move on and close,I am surprised it was not earlier,especially when it was at it's lowest point last year when every new post was accused of being a troll or abused.

The mods did do their best during this time but many people spoiled it by being abusive to new members and those seeking new information.
There were some extremely abusive and threatening posts towards each other,I guess some advertisers lost interest as well as bar owners and people too scared to post about what was happening.
Even apparently one member even dying due to this board?

I do remember one thread from a guesthouse owner who was posting information about accomodation only to be followed by post's such as "Troll.Troll" and then followed by more "you wanker" and "Did you pay for this advertising"? ,finally then he decided to delete it and post no more.

God knows the mods at that time even warned that the forum could end if this kept up,but still this was largely ignored.

On another point "brownies" to poster Lonely Wombat who done his best to try to ressurect it,but seemed to be a lone figure on an uphill battle,I thought he should of been made a moderator.
I think at times he even issued warnings about the possible closure of the board.

I am sad to see it go but it was more or less "expected".It's time to move on.

Surfcrest
May 10th, 2011, 15:59
I am referring to, the deliberate baiting one into wild fights and clawing that are nt necessary. if you feel that defending myself was what ultimately CAUSED the fight you are referring to, well then so be it, but if proper moderation was in place, those type of wild accusations that I was accused of would have not stayed on the board long and therefore never created the long battles for which I finally proved that I was lied about.

No this is not true. You have never proven that this was a lie.
The petty infight (wild fights and clawing) were started by you long before the incident.
No need for the author of the most posts to have been deleted by a moderator to blame moderation.

newalaan
May 10th, 2011, 17:04
Jesus, i'm as guilty as some for continuing off topic posts in threads. But here we have a thread about spike moving on, about the possibility of SGT at worst closing or hopefully moving to a new owner. Spike has given years of presiding over this forum which taking all the negative stuff out has entertianed, amused and given tons of very useful information. His opening post mentions how tired he is of the negative pettiness etc and what is the response?

Justme instead of just wishing the best to Spike, and leaving it at that, starts off yet another barage of exactly the type of things Spike was alluding to. Now there are a few joining in on an off topic debate with nothing whatsoever to do with the subject matter and you are surprised by Spike's getting fed up? I mean, of ALL the threads to take off topic and start another petty infight.

I'm very sorry to hear of Justme's bad health and wish him all the very best, but could'nt he have just stopped his post at the second paragraph regarding hoping the SGT forum can continue.It would be easy just to start a new thread "discussions about why SGT has problems" or suchlike and take the arguement/debate/petty infight over there. THIS thread is about Spike and the possible future of SGT, just for ONCE for godsake can we just discuss that topic here.

If i were Justme I would give a bit of respect to Spike and delete all the stuff from the second paragraph of his first post onwards and take it to another thread with all the rest of the off topic contributors comments not relevant to "Moving On".

thonglor55
May 10th, 2011, 20:45
THIS thread is about Spike and the possible future of SGT, just for ONCE for godsake can we just discuss that topic here.I think a high-minded fellow such as yourself should take on the ownership of SGT, newalaan.

elephantspike
May 11th, 2011, 05:19
I have been made a reasonable offer by a credible person for the purchase of the board. It happens to be a longtime contributing member with whom you are all acquainted. He says he intends to keep it pretty-much the same as it has been. If anyone else has a credible reasonable offer, please make it to me by PM ASAP. Otherwise, I intend to finalize this deal within the next few weeks.

bao-bao
May 11th, 2011, 06:20
I'm happy for you if you've been able to find a civil member of the forum to buy the board and leave you ahead of the game. I'm guessing it will be a relief to have it off of your plate.

I'm sure it's been a challenge for you (and jinks, naturally) to keep it running the past few years, especially with the all too frequent unpleasant and ongoing bitchfests.

I just wanted to say thank you, and the very best of luck in whatever you choose to do in the future.

elephantspike
May 11th, 2011, 08:40
Thanks for all the warm fuzzies, guys. I'll still pop-in to read and perhaps occasionally post and I think the new owner will need my help for the software maintenance for a while.

Khor tose
May 11th, 2011, 08:41
That is fantastic. I would hate to see this board closed. I to wish you the best of luck.

Beachlover
May 11th, 2011, 11:18
That's fantastic news... The board has a lot of potential.

Newalaan, I like your reasoned arguments, but can't help but notice your post was almost as long as the person you're criticising. In any case, yes, let's keep it positive on the future of the board.

May 12th, 2011, 00:28
LetтАЩs hope the 2 Forum Bullies are Banned Immediately and the new owner knows who they are, if he does not IтАЩm sure there are hundreds who will tell him, as they nearly brought this site to its closure, I have no idea why they were allowed to exorcise their bitterness here its beyond me, as most fair minded members are beside themselves with frustration IтАЩm Informed, good luck to sawatdee, may it live a long happy flameless life.

May 12th, 2011, 07:04
Well many could pick the board's demise as far back as early last year im sorry to say.

But I do think that most if not all the "forum bullies" were not even in Thailand and possibly a few had never even been here to Thailand and at least a few were from homophobes posing as gay men,one only has to look at baht stop to see 2 posters there,I think one recently banned,but im sure the "organisation" they work for will start reposting under other names.
It's quite surprising middle aged fat women do this,but I suppose with hubby being at work and there quest to stop those old men seducing Thai boys it becomes a mission for them during their days or evenings at home.

This forum had slowly changed over the last few years to banning many former informative and humorous posters and dare I say it LMTU and others, to allowing posters who in some cases made threatening posts and allowing this to continue out of control,with even the death of one member who I was informed committed suicide after a member here tracked him down and "outted" him via emails to his workplace and I believe his family.
Even a poster LMTU says he gets hate mail.
Obviously some people have a lot of time on their hands and hatred to start tracking people down and sending information to their relatives and employers,but someone did it.I am unsure of what "information"was sent but it certainly had an impact.
I believe a few of you knew what really happened and I probaly did also but stopped short of mentioning the suicide.
You may ask how they have so much time? Some of these actually volunteer part time for various organisations who hate gay men,especially those who they perceive as old and travel to Thailand to have sex with younger males.
There was a few warnings issued after this so beware when someone sounds too good to be true,they maybe very very opposite of who they led you to believe they are.
They could even be angry middle aged females with a face like a horse's ass pretending to be beutiful and gay.
Usually they try to get your trust through using PM's but they have other tricks too.
You only have to look at bahtstop board to actually see the true feelings of these people to see what they think of older gay men that travel to Thailand.

May 12th, 2011, 15:39
All sound like a novel and it is novel IтАЩm sure, but any story like this written on forums should always be backed up with proof, I know itтАЩs the first I have heard of it and IтАЩm sure itтАЩs the first everyone else has too Including LMTU. You could of stuck any name of a guy you want to fight with how devious of you..

Why you canтАЩt leave to poor man alone, itтАЩs a wonder he was not to blame for killing Osama Bin Laden from what I have seen over the years of reading all the forums before I took the plunge, all he ever did was try to protect himself from all the lies drummed up, itтАЩs so funny as LMTU always says, if you stand up to a bully you will be called LMTU and wait for it to happen again and again, have you seen how many guys have been called LMTU here alone, let alone other gay web site, what a joke that is.

LetтАЩs not forget itтАЩs the School bullies here we need to ban, not those giving interesting posts and with a fun slant to them. You must come from Australia donтАЩt they have Kangaroo Courts there.

Last edited by tonyfromkent64 on Thu 12 May, 2011 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oh good to see you have edited out all your libelous accusations now.

May 13th, 2011, 12:26
Libeliuos? Maybe it's not clear what I had written.
I said that Sawatdee had failed because they had banned "informative and humorous" poster's such as yourself/LMTU and allowed threatening posters to stay!
You have constantly complained about how you were bullied on this forum and I agreed with you.

Do you not understand? I was sticking up for you! I actually enjoy your posts or rather I did, you ungrateful old cow!

May 13th, 2011, 19:47
Libeliuos? Maybe it's not clear what I had written.
I said that Sawatdee had failed because they had banned "informative and humorous" poster's such as yourself/LMTU and allowed threatening posters to stay!
You have constantly complained about how you were bullied on this forum and I agreed with you.

Do you not understand? I was sticking up for you! I actually enjoy your posts or rather I did you ungrateful old cow.

Yes I see what you wrote, its another back handed way of suggesting IтАЩm LMTU, I donтАЩt know what this obsession with this man is, may be he is to close to the truth for some members, from what I read of him on gaybuttinthai all he wants is a peaceful life with NO Flamers, not much to ask I would have thought.

If you are to read many messages here, most of the sane members, seem to want a free flamerтАЩs area, where the 2 or 3 offenders still attacking members, are banned. Not much to ask from the new owner Im sure. like a welcoming present to us all. let them stay on B-S where they seem to be venting their poison wholesale.

thonglor55
May 14th, 2011, 04:47
Most of us are aware Elephantspike lost interest in the gay Thailand scene years ago so to him, this site has probably just been a source of pocket money ...You rate the revenue stream as lowly as "pocket money" Beachlover?

Beachlover
May 14th, 2011, 12:22
Jesus Christ... Would Jinks or someone please put LMTU ("mothersruin") out of his misery?

LMTU is as usual wrong in every aspect... LMTU's idle incorrect and speculative comments are trying to give the impression that he knows all, in fact he knows NOTHING (as usual).
Good on jinks for making this statement on GBT.

Oh dear when you [a447] make up stories... See your original post below and all will be revealed. hate to call you a fake, but your own words do, so I donтАЩt need to.
After you registered, the first thing YOU did is call a respected poster named a447, a liar (wrongfully so), saying the above. People wouldn't attack you if you didn't start with that demented shite.

the death of one member who I was informed committed suicide after a member here tracked him down and "outted" him via emails to his workplace and I believe his family.
Are you referring to Chao Na? Not sure if you are but the person behind that handle (and other replacement handles) stopped posting without an explanation last year. But whoever he is, he's not dead.

He emailed me sometime after he stopped posting saying... "No, no blackmail or anything. He has no idea who I am, so what is there to blackmail? Just got sick of low lifes and fuckwits and impecunious old sex addicts blathering on about the price of things."... whatever that means.

thonglor55
May 14th, 2011, 14:45
He emailed me sometime after he stopped posting saying... "No, no blackmail or anything. He has no idea who I am, so what is there to blackmail? Just got sick of low lifes and fuckwits and impecunious old sex addicts blathering on about the price of things."... whatever that means.Al, these emails and PMs. There's homintern of course and now we find out about Chao Na. Your life must be one big social whirl.

gra46
May 14th, 2011, 19:31
OHHHH NOOOO SMILES IS BACK

dab69
May 20th, 2011, 03:57
Well many could pick the board's demise as far back as early last year im sorry to say.

But I do think that most if not all the "forum bullies" were not even in Thailand and possibly a few had never even been here to Thailand and at least a few were from homophobes posing as gay men,one only has to look at baht stop to see 2 posters there,I think one recently banned,but im sure the "organisation" they work for will start reposting under other names.
It's quite surprising middle aged fat women do this,but I suppose with hubby being at work and there quest to stop those old men seducing Thai boys it becomes a mission for them during their days or evenings at home.

Obviously some people have a lot of time on their hands and hatred to start tracking people down and sending information to their relatives and employers,but someone did it.I am unsure of what "information"was sent but it certainly had an impact.
I believe a few of you knew what really happened and I probaly did also but stopped short of mentioning the suicide.
You may ask how they have so much time? Some of these actually volunteer part time for various organisations who hate gay men,especially those who they perceive as old and travel to Thailand to have sex with younger males.
There was a few warnings issued after this so beware when someone sounds too good to be true,they maybe very very opposite of who they led you to believe they are.
They could even be angry middle aged females with a face like a horse's ass pretending to be beutiful and gay.
Usually they try to get your trust through using PM's but they have other tricks too.
You only have to look at bahtstop board to actually see the true feelings of these people to see what they think of older gay men that travel to Thailand.

Surprised to see this, have always thought this years back .
My first trip I ran into (evidently) some social workers from Australia running a stupid scam,
running down the bar boy (they called it meat market) scene.
Now I just stay away from any not associated with a bar.
USA regularly funds "interventions" also.
Too damn bad for them their budgets keep getting cut.
You can read about them only if you are taking a psyche class at university
where you can read "Journal of Early Intervention"(/stupid pet tricks).
It was only in the psych prof's office and not allowed in
the general library- can't let it get out.