PDA

View Full Version : Why Oh Why....yet another locked thread. Surfcrest apology.

newalaan
May 8th, 2011, 03:33
Why is there never/very rarely an actual explanation for threads being locked? Baht-stop and even old gaybuttfister, always give a reason/explanation as to why a thread gets locked/moved/removed. It is courtesy to all those who have spent time participating and to those who are reading and contributing to an ongoing thread which by the very nature of having posts and readers means it is very active and there is interest in it. If there is no interest, it will die naturally.

So has the OP requested that the thread "Surfcrest apology to Justme" be locked? If so, fair enough. Is there some kind of legal problem? If so,fair enough. Has it been locked on a moderator whim or because of some complaint from a screaching queeny member who finds it boring/too long/off topic/annoying, or maybe smiles has taken exception to something in it and has informed 'our jinxy' of this.....If so, for any of these reasons, that's NOT fair enough.

So what is the reason for the locking of the "Surfcrest apology to Justme" thread.

Brad the Impala
May 8th, 2011, 05:09
My guess is that there were just too many posts. Don't want that kind of thing on a forum.............................!

bao-bao
May 8th, 2011, 06:40
My guess is because it was again becoming a pissing contest between the same few members.

Don't worry - give it 24 hours or so and the same folks will be around on some new thread - if they don't start in again here first.

luvthai-2
May 8th, 2011, 17:15
With the board shutting down you won't have to worry about locked threads much longer.

newalaan
May 8th, 2011, 17:24
With the board shutting down you won't have to worry about locked threads much longer.Thanks very much for your stating of the obvious, I also won't have to concern myself with pointless sniping either, but meanwhile as the forum is still open...................

My guess is because it was again becoming a pissing contest between the same few members.If it's a pissing contest so what? if there are readers and there are posting contributions, those who don't care for the content need only not click on to the thread, how difficult is that. If it is down to a genuine request to lock it or some legal reason then fair enough.

Beachlover
May 8th, 2011, 17:31
My guess is because it was again becoming a pissing contest between the same few members.If it's a pissing contest so what? if there are readers and there are posting contributions, those who don't care for the content need only not click on to the thread, how difficult is that. If it is down to a genuine request to lock it or some legal reason then fair enough.
I agree with this. People can complain all they want but the thread racked up over 1,500 views and 80+ comments from over a dozen members in less than five days (similar to its two predecessors). There was plenty of interest in it when it was active... I don't get why people complain, rather than just skip over threads they dislike.

Having said that, whilst I disagree with it being locked and the lack of explanation, I'm not personally bothered by it either.