PDA

View Full Version : Gary Glitter on BBC News 24 at midday UK time 2 May 2006

May 2nd, 2006, 16:53
The BBC are conducting an interview with Gary Glitter as detailed above. I suspect it will be repeated at various times throughout the day.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-p ... 964292.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4964292.stm)

click on the Video link and you can get the interview.

May 2nd, 2006, 17:07
Is he in prison in Vietnam? Should be facinating.

May 2nd, 2006, 17:09
Yeah, almost as good as reality TV!

May 2nd, 2006, 21:30
Presumably GG's life in a Vietnam jail, as he doesn't seem to be short of money, is not exactly as terrible as many might think. The main difficulty being his inability to leave when he wants-although I 've heard that similar schemes operate as in Bali and a prisoner can actually pay to have freedom days outside.

The most fascinating aspect of his adventures will be when he is deported-if it's back to the UK then authorities there will have to take action against him and proving similar allegations in a British court may be far more cumbersome. It's then that the role of a Fleet Street newspaper will come under the spotlight..there is life in this sordid tale yet and I predict a concerted campaign to demonise the old rocker even further.

His stage act really was a shocker as well.

May 2nd, 2006, 21:57
His stage act really was a shocker as well.

I thought that as well. he has obviously changed his style of defence, i.e. he seems to me to be very angry in previous reports - its as if he is taking a softer approach and bowing-in to the media in order that he can relay his side of the story. I wonder if it is eventually "sinking in" what he has or has not done.

May 3rd, 2006, 01:31
he said he hopes to be going back to UK one day. I wouldn`t if i was him!

May 3rd, 2006, 13:50
I understand that Mr. Paul Gadd (a male) has been convicted of activities with young girls, i.e. females, in Vietnam (which is not part of Thailand). So why is this posted on a gay board about Thailand.

Could we yet again be faced with someone conflating all forms of sexuality not conforming to the the missionary espoused?

May 3rd, 2006, 14:05
Old men young boys, old men young girls, I suppose they got confused.

May 3rd, 2006, 14:12
No reason to dump it here.

May 3rd, 2006, 22:45
and it is unfortunate that this subject keeps cropping up on here as though it were somehow connected..(and why are we/I contributing ??)

However..I saw a brief clip on cable tv and there is one slight connection which although I have no clue about GG's guilt or innocence..although one should presume the Viet officials act honestly ( although I find it somewhat amusing that the country is labelled an evil Communist dictatorship when necessary and at other times an innocent struggling third world country when it suits the purposes of the media ).and that was when the BBC reporter listed a host of countries the man had visited and claimed they were all "pedo paradises" or words to that effect..meaning he has guilt merley by travelling to those places.

I was rather shocked to hear one place was Cuba !..which I've visited twice and never seen activity like that at all ! But then again I was on a state visit to see my old pal Fidel who I spent many weeks with in a Bolivian jungle when I was a chic young revolutionary and was sone of the original virgins who foot rolled cigars for the great Castro.. ( he taught me tricks that Bill and Monika could only dream of !)

I have no interest in this interview but he clearly was a fool doing it if he thought he would somehow benefit.

This is yet another alert to those who travel to Thailand and many farang visitors ( gay and straight)complain that they rarely mention where they are going to on vacation for fear of being labelled because of this countries reputation.

Herein lies one terrible problem..everyone wants to rid the place of offendors of this nature but the sleazy side of the media insists on sensationalising so many aspects and who knows if it helps or hinders ?

May 4th, 2006, 04:18
he did stay in Thailand quite a while...............didnt they try arrest him there too?

May 4th, 2006, 05:54
...I saw the interview and seem to recollect that Gibraltar was included. I had no idea it had such a reputation.

May 4th, 2006, 12:49
Gary G seems to be a glutton for punishment. He almost seems to court his infamy. Why wont someone please just lock him up in a hospital for the mentally challenged and throw away the key. He is turning into the Emelda Marcos of the pedophile world. Next they will have him singing karaoke style from his chalet in Sri Lanka.