PDA

View Full Version : Great summer offer from Poseiden.

lonelywombat
May 7th, 2011, 11:40
Poseiden have just released their summer offer for those who are looking for more upmarket than say Howards or Twoguys. It is the addons that are interesting and whilst not many of the posters are seeking comfort and style, it is an option worth a look.

http://www.poseidon-pattaya.com/special ... glish.html (http://www.poseidon-pattaya.com/specials_poseidon_english.html)

May 7th, 2011, 11:59
Sounds good thanks mate.

allieb
May 7th, 2011, 12:49
I would hardly call this an offer worth taking.

A double superior room for 14 nights at the time they are offering would cost you 20,300 Baht rack rate, based on the daily rate. I'm sure that in these hard times any hotel would discount for a 14 night stay

The offer, if you were having a friend stay with you is for 37.900 Baht. A whacking great 17,600 on top. The extras ofered are interesting but not worth it. It is a way to make you spend more money. In my opinion only good for those who have to to be told what to do because it is either their first time in Pattaya or unable to organise their own life.

lonelywombat
May 7th, 2011, 13:12
There are people on this and other forums who are seeking rooms without extras for 500 baht per night. There are also others that stay at Royal Cliff, Dusit, Dusit d2,Marriot and Hilton. Rates are double plus what Poseiden is offering.

You dont like it others might.

May 7th, 2011, 13:27
I would hardly call this an offer worth taking.

A double superior room for 14 nights at the time they are offering would cost you 20,300 Baht rack rate, based on the daily rate. I'm sure that in these hard times any hotel would discount for a 14 night stay

The offer, if you were having a friend stay with you is for 37.900 Baht. A whacking great 17,600 on top. The extras ofered are interesting but not worth it. It is a way to make you spend more money. In my opinion only good for those who have to to be told what to do because it is either their first time in Pattaya or unable to organise their own life.

Hi allieb/lonelywombat,

30,900 baht and 37,900 baht for double. You'd probably get a month easily in downtown Pattaya at Royal Twins with a great pool in the middle of everything for considerably less.

I tend to agree with allieb, when you consider the current climate and time of year it is being offered, it's not a great deal, although the Hotel transfers are in there,which is a 4,000 baht plus consideration.

The side trips would be OK for newbies and greenhorns, the four course meal would not be a lot of fun UNLESS there were TWO of you. The rest is pretty much packaging and window dressing, but nothing against that, they're trying to make it sell as an attractive deal.

We've all been guilty of that in our lives I should imagine!

May 7th, 2011, 13:30
There are people on this and other forums who are seeking rooms without extras for 500 baht per night. There are also others that stay at Royal Cliff, Dusit, Dusit d2,Marriot and Hilton. Rates are double plus what Poseiden is offering.

How on earth can you compare this guest house to the above mentioned hotels?

May 7th, 2011, 13:32

How on earth can you compare this guest house to the above mentioned hotels?

You can't!

lonelywombat
May 7th, 2011, 15:07
Ambience on their website are quoting for similar size room as Poseiden 3000 + per night. That is the shelf price but they most certainly would negotiate. Did not bother to check Cafe Royale or Copa.

http://www.ambiancehotel.com/rooms.lang.en.html

Beachlover
May 7th, 2011, 16:21
I agree... The maths on this "special" sucks. For 37,900 (double) you get to stay in their shittiest room for 14 nights and you get NO saving from their nightly rack rate (1,450 rack rate x 14 = 20,300).

You're actually paying an extra 17,600 for all those extras. I'd say they're making a good profit on the extras too.

Good effort to pitch it though...

Instead of 37,900 for 14 nights, I think you're better off paying slightly more for the Hilton, Dusit Thani or D2, without the extras...

Poseiden... for those who are looking for more upmarket than say Howards or Twoguys.
LOL... Come on, that's like saying, "more upmarket than McDonalds".

lonelywombat
May 7th, 2011, 17:51
I agree... The maths on this "special" sucks. For 37,900 (double) you get to stay in their shittiest room for 14 nights and you get NO saving from their nightly rack rate (1,450 rack rate x 14 = 20,300).

You're actually paying an extra 17,600 for all those extras. I'd say they're making a good profit on the extras too.

Good effort to pitch it though...

Instead of 37,900 for 14 nights, I think you're better off paying slightly more for the Hilton, Dusit Thani or D2, without the extras...

Poseiden... for those who are looking for more upmarket than say Howards or Twoguys.
LOL... Come on, that's like saying, "more upmarket than McDonalds".

What a fuckwit you are beachlover. Have you ever been to Poseiden . In fact have you ever been to Pattaya. Jinks stays there but maybe will shift to the Venue based on his last few posts.

What are you comparing Poseiden with ?

I have stayed twice at Dusit d2 for a total of only 8 nights. Tried for other visits but could not get the spread I wanted.
I have stayed at Poseiden 4 times for over 3 weeks.

Where have you stayed in Pattaya . Put up or shut up.You have no creditability here and maybe it wont be long before you will be treated like you are on baht-stop.

You claim you have employees earning over 3 million baht per year. If so why are you fighting a few dollars. That is all we are talking about.

Beachlover
May 7th, 2011, 20:54
why are you fighting a few dollars.
Lonely... Two other posters before me pointed out this deal offers crap value for money. Why not throw a tantrum at them too? :happy7:

The suggestion that it's a crap offer is not a reflection on you or your credibility. All you did is point it out.

The fact is, 14 nights in that room at their rack rate is only 20,300 baht. To add on a few little extras and charge 37,000 isn't good value.

Where have you stayed in Pattaya
Last time I was in Pattaya was 2009. I choose not to name the places I stayed for privacy reasons because they were small guesthouses and boutiques.

I wasn't putting down the Poseiden, just joking about the comparison you used to talk it up. I also suggested that someone who's willing to spend 37k for 14 nights might be prepared to spend a little more and get a whole nicer hotel.

May 7th, 2011, 21:20
As far as I can see, all Lonelywombat is "guilty" of here is posting news of a Hotel offer which people are free to research for themselves and decide whether or not it represents good value for THEM or otherwise - the kind of info some people might find useful.

Why on Earth are you jumping on his head about it Beachy?

:dontknow: :dontknow:

*edited due to spelling error

Beachlover
May 7th, 2011, 21:25
That's exactly what I was just saying. The comments are aimed at the "offer"... Not the person who posted it.

newalaan
May 7th, 2011, 22:26
lonelywombat wrote:
LOL... Come on, that's like saying, "more upmarket than McDonalds".Or indeed more upmarket than the small guesthouses you stayed in during your visit.

Last time I was in Pattaya was 2009. I choose not to name the places I stayed for privacy reasons because they were small guesthouses and boutiques. For "privacy" reasons? I fear you will need to explain further, maybe it's just me, but.........I fail to understand the connection between your not naming some guesthouse/boutique you stayed in 2 years ago where you presumebly did not check-in as 'Beachlover' and any 'privacy' issues. Are these issues your privacy or the establishments in question privacy?

I assume are being serious and not simply taking the piss, because to all intents and purposes it seems................

Dboy
May 8th, 2011, 06:08
Have never stayed at Poseiden, but those interiors look great. Wish I had the skills to create a space like that. To put that pricing in perspective, you could get a house with a private pool and 3-4 naked pool boys for the same money, especially this time of year. Up to you though.I imagine many people would take the Poseiden offer.

Dboy

May 8th, 2011, 06:18
Have never stayed at Poseiden, but those interiors look great. Wish I had the skills to create a space like that. To put that pricing in perspective, you could get a house with a private pool and 3-4 naked pool boys for the same money, especially this time of year. Up to you though.I imagine many people would take the Poseiden offer.

Dboy

I'd take the latter but that's just my slaggy nature!........... :laughing3:

By latter, I meant the villa not the hotel!

May 8th, 2011, 06:25
Ambience on their website are quoting for similar size room as Poseiden 3000 + per night. That is the shelf price but they most certainly would negotiate. Did not bother to check Cafe Royale or Copa.

http://www.ambiancehotel.com/rooms.lang.en.html

Hi,

I think I would definitely be choosing Poseidon if there were only the above options, (nothing against Le Cafe Royale at all),...............safer with no hidden extras!

Also, the only person I want opening my hotel safe is me.

Beachlover
May 8th, 2011, 16:36
Are these issues your privacy or the establishments in question privacy?... I assume are being serious and not simply taking the piss................
Alaan... the difference between a 5-room guesthouse or small boutique hotel and a 100-room hotel is their standards of privacy are often lower and there are less room guest records to sift through if you happen to want to profile someone. So while I'm happy to mention staying in the Royal Paradise or Dusit Thani, I'm not so keen to mention staying in a little guesthouse, especially when some nut case stalkers here have talked of sifting through my posts to determine the precise dates of at least one of my visits.

Or indeed more upmarket than the small guesthouses you stayed in during your visit.
No... they were on par or slightly above the Poseiden. But that's not the point being made.