PDA

View Full Version : Sukumvit venues

dab69
May 7th, 2011, 07:07
Haven't heard anythig for ages about venues scattered about along Sukumvit Rd.
Has anyone ventured into any places along this way, maybe tell us alittle about them/update?

Remember my first visits to Thailand included City Boys ~ soi 2 - now a Lotus dealership.
Haven't been back to the area for 10 years. Certainly some bars there have some "points of interest".

lonelywombat
May 7th, 2011, 07:36
Shamelessmack has been posting about the area and soi cowboy, and a a thread on gaythailand petered out but has some useful stuff and a couple of maps. I get the impression that the "gay" venues are ladyboy only.

I remember a recent discussion on one of the forums about Intermustache [spelling I am not sureof ], which did not produce much joy.

Shamelessmack is well worth reading for massage and dining and other tips.
http://shamelessmack.wordpress.com/

The gaythailand thread was primarily about the Ramkhamhaeng/ Saphan Kwai area and does include links to maps in the OP.
http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic ... ay-venues/ (http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/6860-bangkoks-ramkhamhaeng-area-gay-venues/)

Several posters stated in the GT thread most of the gay guides are out of date, but the new Gay magazine might be more up to date. You can see the first 2 links in fountainhalls post but have to sign in to view the third which is a map.

Happy hunting. Keep us informed.

Diec
May 7th, 2011, 08:35
I am quite familiar with many of those venues dabby, it appears it has been a long time since you have visited. Any in particular you are interested in?

thonglor55
May 7th, 2011, 10:07
I live on Sukhumvit and those venues are the ones I pass by on my way to the bars of Silom, otherwise I head out to Saphan Kwai. With few exceptions (and I'm hard-pressed to think of one) they are massage places, not bars.

dab69
May 8th, 2011, 09:01
Thanks. I just remember lots of dots on a difficult to read map.

Took Taxi to one place and couldn't find it. Freind had said he was working there years ago,
remember the name suggested negro or something.

pong
May 8th, 2011, 16:25
yes, that is right-I also remember cityboys-century ago.
As has been said, except for Int.Moustache (not rec-mainly money+drinks grabbing staff, as was told) all places-certainly those in Mack/macaroni, are M2M-massage and these do seem to have multiplied by the year. Hero and Albury most famous, also many for more downtoearth lower prices. Maybe-for the Hi-So-wannabee's with too muth money, the assumed to be gay on sunday BED white-spaceship funplace ly-down restrt+entertainment might be interesting. Inner hi-so Thai circles may sometimes reveal about assumedtobe gay places on Thonglor (=soi 55, THE hangout for boys with too much time and too much money and hi aspirations), but that is, if it exist in real, only for among us=them-sticky Thai.

dab69
May 14th, 2011, 08:07
Albury MenтАЩs Club, Banana Club, and Hero?

thonglor55
May 14th, 2011, 08:49
Inner hi-so Thai circles may sometimes reveal about assumedtobe gay places on Thonglor (=soi 55, THE hangout for boys with too much time and too much money and hi aspirations), but that is, if it exist in real, only for among us=them-sticky Thai.No need to be rude about my neighbors!!

Beachlover
May 14th, 2011, 12:30
the assumed to be gay on sunday BED white-spaceship...
Anyone know if Bed Supperclub still has a "gay night" and what it's like? I recall reading somewhere that they stopped doing Gay Sundays...