PDA

View Full Version : Wonderland closed?

May 6th, 2011, 18:56
On last visit Wonderland Go Go was closed and up for sale.
This place if I recall was previously Topman Go Go (corner site,Sunee Plaza)
I really enjoyed the shows they had there last year and am disapointed it has shut its doors,all up and down that Soi is very dark with also the closure of the Arabic Apadena restaurant.

Do we have any idea on why it shut down,considering it hadn't been long sold.

gerefan2
May 6th, 2011, 23:27
Caught in the Big Raid, drugs and underage...good riddence.

francois
May 6th, 2011, 23:50
Caught in the Big Raid, drugs and underage...good riddence.

Do you have info on the underage question? Of all the bars in Sunee it seemed to me that this club had no underage.

Marsilius
May 7th, 2011, 01:52
I suspect that many people felt it was out of place in Sunnee. In its Topman era it was just too Boyztown-y. If I wanted a Boyztown experience, I would go to the real thing. If I went to Sunnee, it's because I wanted a rather more sleazy, fun and - dare I say it? - "hands-on" evening.

For all I know, Wonderland may have adopted a format more in line with its Sunnee neighbours, but as I had had avoided Topman for so long I never gave it the opportunity to demonstrate whether that was the case or not.

francois
May 7th, 2011, 02:39
My experience was identical as Marcilius. I had not gone to Wonderland/Topman for years but did so just before it closed. The place was well decorated, comfortable, clean and the boys actually danced on stage. A class act and not sleazy at all. There was no hint of any underage activity. I thought that the owner was a farang which may be a factor in its closing?

May 7th, 2011, 06:47
I certainly did not see anyone underage there,the place was very well run with boys that actually danced.
I guess it closed around January.
Mind you this place seems to have different owners every year and a chequered past,the last I heard was a Thai businessman.

I hope they can revive it again.

lonelywombat
May 7th, 2011, 14:59
I had visited Wonderland several times before Xmas , liked several boys but it lacked management and I was apalled. The farang owner just sat around and smoked heavily. A butch lesbian seemed to be in charge and that was in name only.
I believe it closed around feb.
Wunderbar a new beer bar close to Corner bar changed its name to All of Me and I have heard nothing since.

Wildwestboys shows have had an injection of talent and I have heard the shows are back to what they used to be. Give it a try and see.

May 7th, 2011, 15:02
Hi,

How is French David doing at come inn bar in Sunnee and does anyone go in there or have a contact number for him??

A great guy.

May 7th, 2011, 15:06
I was in Sunee just recently,I did not see a "All of me" bar.

What did stand out is a bar named "P Bar" run buy a Black American man and his Thai GF.
He is a full time night DJ at Ismonia Discoteque in Walking Street,the bar is a Hip Hop themed bar.
They are quite welcoming even though it is up for sale at the moment.