PDA

View Full Version : Do You Know About Grindr?

May 6th, 2011, 01:29
Unbelievable app. for IPhone, Android or Blackberry......Check it out! :headbang:

lexusgs
May 6th, 2011, 01:35
Unbelievable app. for IPhone, Android or Blackberry......Check it out! :headbang:

Been around for 2 years mate.....glad it's a revelation for you tho :bounce:

May 6th, 2011, 01:42

I am glad I found out about it. "Better late than never". :notworthy: Maybe I can be "Menfucker" there? :8(

May 6th, 2011, 01:46
Are you trying to suggest there are telephones without wires that you can carry around with you?

I'll believe it when I see it.

:evil4:

lexusgs
May 6th, 2011, 01:51

I am glad I found out about it. "Better late than never". :notworthy:

Lol...yup I did appear to be a smart ass with my comments.....sorry. Of course some places are ahead of others in how heavily it's used. I've just come back from a 3 day trip in KL today.
It was a fantastic tool there compared to GR. In UK it's very very popular. Not sure where you are but I'm sure you will have hours of fun :hello1:

joe552
May 6th, 2011, 05:12
It'll be just like that 'television' thing - it'll never catch on. I'm with Scotty on this one - I won't be rushing out to invest.

DCbob
May 6th, 2011, 07:36
Sorry, I am not interested in the cell phones.
Grindr does not make it enticing to get me to buy into that.
But glad that you found something you like.

bucknaway
May 6th, 2011, 07:52
One thing I LOVE with my Iphone is having the Bangkok Transit map on it. It came in very handy when I was there.

The other thing I LOVE is the Credit Card APP that lets you see your Credit Card activity in real time, make payments, check balance and view credit limit all at a glance!

Also having the Travel Apps were a BIG help too. I think I used Trip-it and Worldmate Gold the most. XE Currency came in handy too!

Oh and OneNote was a big help in sharing documents, photo's and the like between my PC and my phone!

Oh! Oh! Oh! the Map app on the IPhone is AWESOME! During the day I would walk around and once I found something interesting I would use the "Place a Pin" feature on the phone to have it GPS me back to that location at night when I wanted to find it again! And it also let me see ahead of time if I was about to walk up a dead end street!

I also used it to play mood music back at the room with the 10 Gig's of music I had stored on it.

Oh... And it worked great as a phone too when I was not using it to surf the web, reply to emails, send sms messages and play with the social media apps.

thonglor55
May 6th, 2011, 09:22
I'm with ScottyDoes it beam the boys up?

cameroncat
May 6th, 2011, 09:45
Bucknaway, How are you using the Maps feature while walking around without using Data? Data Roaming is outrageously expensive. The first thing I do when I arrive in Thailand is turn "Data Roaming Off". Are you using an unlocked iPhone with a local SIM? I didn't know you could purchase Pay as you go SIM cards that include Data.

thonglor55
May 6th, 2011, 09:52
I didn't know you could purchase Pay as you go SIM cards that include Data.So you haven't bothered to scroll down a few threads on the first page then? gay-thailand-f9/thai-sim-cards-for-iphone-and-ipad-t20945.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/thai-sim-cards-for-iphone-and-ipad-t20945.html)

cameroncat
May 6th, 2011, 10:41
Yes, I read that thread, even contributed. Just missed the mention of True offering Data in 50mb bundles. I'll have to check the price, because you can go through 50mb of Data in a day if you are using any data intensive programs like maps, streaming music, video etc.

This board is definitely not a good place for someone who isn't thick skinned...

May 6th, 2011, 15:41
Yes, I read that thread, even contributed. Just missed the mention of True offering Data in 50mb bundles. I'll have to check the price, because you can go through 50mb of Data in a day if you are using any data intensive programs like maps, streaming music, video etc.

This board is definitely not a good place for someone who isn't thick skinned...

Absolutely,

You need a hide like an elephant to survive on here!.... :sign3:

bao-bao
May 6th, 2011, 21:47
Absolutely, You need a hide like an elephant to survive on here!....

...and thicker still in some instances. :cheers:

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z56/khunbaobao/W-CrocodileWelcome.jpg

allieb
May 6th, 2011, 21:59
Are you trying to suggest there are telephones without wires that you can carry around with you?

I'll believe it when I see it.

:evil4:

Here it is Scotty.

bucknaway
May 7th, 2011, 04:24
Yes, I had my Iphone unlocked and used a 1-2 Call Sim card. I turned on data when I needed it and turned it off when I the phone was in my pocket. At the hotel I just logged onto the free Wifi.