PDA

View Full Version : Trip report - April 2011

colmx
May 5th, 2011, 04:22
Hi All
Back 6 days now from 2.5 weeks in Pattaya - so i thought i should post a report before my information becomes too old!
Sorry if its overly long :blackeye:
On this trip i was with 10 guys (GR boys, Bar Boys, T&T Boys) and never had such good sex as on this trip. Each one surpassed the last!

Accomodation:
As usual we stayed in Renu house on 3rd Road - its the 2 pink buildings on the corner of 3rd road and Soi 17
600B per night for a (relatively) new and well maintained apartment.
No problems with guests... just a knowing smile from the Security guard!

Had a few friends stay in nearly Chanthong hotel @500B per night. Rooms a little tired - but nice pool and relatively unknown hotel.

Sunnee:
Eros: Nice remodelling job has been done on this bar. Didn't see anyone to take my fancy here, except one guy (who i know is a poochai - so no interest for me)but the guys were eager to flash what they had.

Happy Boys: Lots of guys working here. all rather fem. can be quite imtimidating if you are the only farang there!

Nice Boys: around 30 boys - something for everyone here. The old Chuk wow show at 22.00 seems to have been stopped but there are still plenty of cocks on show. I find that they have too many managers/mamasans/waiters in the bar. They are always standing around, blocking views and getting in the way.
BF offed a guy from here... Turned out to be a complete dud in bed (but nice company!)

Krazy Dragon: As usual i paid my once a holiday trip to to Krazy Dragon and found it completely empty of boys. Don't know where they all disappear to when i am there! Of the boys that were there - one was a guy that i had been flirting with all over songkran (kept bumping into him) so he was dutifully offed. Unlike BFs boy above... my guy didn't let me down when to came to bed room fun

Mic My: Still my favourite bar in Sunnee. Boy numbers down to around 20. But still plenty of guys.
We would regularly open a bottle or 2 (even 3 on my last night)of 100 pipers here @1000B and invite the boys to join in. Lots of fun to be had with whiskey after 1AM.
Farang friend that didn't want to drink whiskey was given a free G&T on the house (and offered a second freebie) - which i was shocked at... Last time i got a free drink in a gogo bar was when the paint on the walls of Throb was still new!
In 2-3 hours in Mic My they easily have 50 customers and most customers buy a boy drink or 2. and a lot get offed. So i think they have a nice turnover going there...

Beer Bars: didn't visit any beer rars on this trip. But the new beer bar where Kaos/Villa Rouge was has certainly brightened up the street

PattayaLand:
Toyboys: visited once - around 8 boys, mostly fem. Was really annoyed by the stinky Thai manager who sat beside each customer, smelling like a bottle bank, whilst singing and muttering to himself and generally scaring the customers away. Recognised the tiles in the bathroom from a lot of profiles on GR!

Copa: Visited twice. Good show. Motley crew of gogo boys with some strange shapes! Customer numbers definately down on numbers in the bars on pattayaland 1 and 2

Funny Boys: Visited 3 times. Boy numbers down. Seems to be a good mix of boys and men working there. (including a few bald guys for anyone thats intoi skinheads) Nobody that really caught my eye and Mama Rose still runs a great ship.

BoysBoysBoys: Didn't visit this time

WWB: Great show. Visited 4+ times. Must have 20+ show boys with a nice mix of full ladyboys, half lady boys, fem boys and macho boys. The very cute Mr. bank (previously of Wonderland, Happy Place and Dave man club) is now working the show there and not afraid to show his expansive family jewels. Most the 20 Gogo boys here are gay without being overly fem.

Happy Place: Like others have posted happy Place is definately the rising star in pattayaland. Good show, with some naughty bits and a great mix of gogo boys. For anyone that hasn't seen the show - you will be surprised at how macho the bottom guy is! Some of the guys here that look straight have Gayromeo profiles... so can only presume they are gay too.

A-Bomb: Not too many boys working here. Maybe 8. with only 5 on the stage at ay one time. I recognised one of the boys as a regular Island Caprice boy (anutin) He has muscled up a lot since his ICS days and looks very straight. Although he is very versatile in his movies!

Vassa and Dynamite: closed now

David Bar: didn't venture in here as Mamasan Leila annoys me!

Cupidol: Well run bar, boy numbers are down, but has quite a few good looking boys. Still in my top 3. BF offed a guy from here twice and was very happy with him!

Sawatdee Boys: a few good lookers here. But numers down again. offed one boy that i have known for a while from GR

Kawaii Boys: i think this is the hidden jewel in patttaya for guys that like cute gay boys. Some can be fem, but others are just normal gay boys. Offed one guy from here, student working in Pattaya during his holidays. Once again a great off.

Dream boys: 0 out of 10
What oh what has happened this bar?
Tam the popular mamasan there has moved on to Cupidol.
Jojo (another popular guy) is now mamasan there but they don't seem to be able to attract any boys

Lucky 7: probably the best selection of boys in pattaya. Some very offable guys. But i loathe Louis the owner!

X-boys: Show not at all as risque as it used to be. Some cute gogo boys. offed one guy from here, again a great off

One thing i learned about a lot of the bars is that most of the boys are now freelancers or casual employees.
Unlike the old days where everyone was on a salary - a lot of bars now carry a salaried staff of 8 boys and all the others are "up to you" as to when they come to work (or leave work)... these boys rely entirely on tips for survival.
Only occasion when the boy MUST come to work is the day after he is offed (guess this is to prevent the farang from short changing the bar if he decides on a long term off)

Other nightlife:
X-zyte: has closed for refurbishment. Not sure if this is Thai speak for permanent closure of whether it will re-open or not.

Hollywood: Really benefited from the closure of x-zyte. Most importanly they have changed the DJ. No more non-stop Hip Hop and full every night now. Still not as good as the old Hollywood - but worth a visit from 23.00 until 01.00 when the gay clubs get going

NAB: Same as usual. Full everynight. Although the quality of Coyotes has dropped a lot compared to previous vsists. Coyotes seem to be offable again now. Defiately the place to go to meet non money boys visiting from outside thailand of BKK. Met a very nice Laos visitor there. Can be very cruisy compated to dave - but not as cruisy as T&T

Dave: Have re-modelled the club with round tables and a new raised VIP area. Net result is to make the club seem smaller and busier when not full. We went there most nights.
Coyotes here have really improved and some real lookers there.
Trouble is the coyotes must get 3 customer drinks per day (@200B each) and 10 offs per month (@600B each) or their salary gets cut. so if you fancy a coyote - it might be expensive!
One coyote i spoke to told me (without me bringing it up) that he wanted 2000-2500B minimum for tip. needless to say he wasn't offed!

T&T: Also went here most nights. gets going around 5AM and is a great place to meet off duty waiters/coyotes from Dave and NAB. Very cruisy. Brought home 2 gusy from there and had plenty of other opportunities but no room in my apartment!

Watchout for the waiters though, they regulary try to:
-Short change customers
-Take away half bottles of soda/ quarter buckets of ice
-charge for 4 sodas when they have only brought 3
Especially if they think you are drunk (which you propably would be!)
From reports online T&T is shut now...

Thats all foor now... i'm sure i'll think of a few things to update the report with later...

colmx
May 5th, 2011, 04:35
By the way... My top 5 Pattaya bars:
1. Wild West Boys
2. Happy Place
3. Mic My
4. Lucky 7
5. Cupidol

joe552
May 5th, 2011, 04:44
Just have to admire your energy! Great report. Not usually a clubby person, but at least once per trip I get carried away to wherever. Maybe I'll try to remember the name and report back (but probably not).

May 5th, 2011, 08:11
Colmx you always seem to have a lot of fun on your trips.

I however must disagree with you about the Mic My go go bar in Sunee Plaza,I did happen to get "dragged" into that go go bar recently, only to meet a very very pushy short haired mamasan who demanded a gin and tonic and then refused to let me leave demanding I buy the waiter the same ,she then proceeded to cry on my shoulder when I refused to off one of her boys,"boys now cry,boys not eat"she wailed.
I had to wait until she was distracted by one of her staff and she had briefly wandered off and then I took the opportunity to make a quick dash for the exit door.Sorry never again.I certainly dont see anything special about this bar,a few average looking boys,nothing great about the interior,but that's my opnion.

Do you have any information about the now closed "Dude Man" Club?

Happy Place in Boyztown was one of my favourite bars and I went nearly every second night.I did like the "big" Ladyboy there (no not the owner)in the show that did the hand stand on stage.
Unfortanetely on several ocassions I witnessed arguments between farang customers and staff over very childish matters,for eg an elderly farang refused to move up the seat to let others sit down,and on the way out the door he abused the owner with a abusive one liner about being overweight.
Another was a quite irate older farang(had glasses on,if this is you,Late March 2011) who was shouting about a coupon which he said was not being honoured, I gather going by the argument ensuing next to me that the coupon was for one drink at half price.(I think you can cut these out of Spice magazine?)
He had another farang and his older Thai BF with him and I think he may have wanted half price on all three drinks,he then went into a shouting match with the manager,he was getting quite loud and I was ready to tell him myself to calm down before he stormed off in a huff,he was being so loud that they had stopped the music to address his problem.
I noticed the farang and Thai bf he left behind then began apologising to staff about their friends behaviour,obviously embarassed and doubt they will be seen with him again.
Despite all this I really enjoy going to watch the shows at Happy Place.

lonelywombat
May 5th, 2011, 08:37
Colmx you always seem to have a lot of fun on your trips.

I however must disagree with you about the Mic My go go bar in Sunee Plaza,I did happen to get "dragged" into that go go bar recently, only to meet a very very pushy short haired mamasan who demanded a gin and tonic and then refused to let me leave demanding I buy the waiter the same ,she then proceeded to cry on my shoulder when I refused to off one of her boys,"boys now cry,boys not eat"she wailed.

I agree Colmx report fantastic. I have a friend leaving in a few days and I have sent him a copy.
What was the off fee for coyotes. I had heard it was 5/600

The coyotes need to get 3 drinks a night.? How do they work out coyote share of a bottle of JW if it was bought before they were invited to join table? I remember the Dudes club now closed [off South Rd], where the boys were requesting and being given shots, whilst on stage. So many I wondered how they continued standing.

The boys not eat stunned me. Every night a meal is delivered for each of the boys and I have had
a boy leave me saying " I go eat" and return 5 minutes later for his drink. My friend always asks a boy do they want to eat when he offs, and no boy from Mic has ever said yes. I also find the waiters a pain, I rarely go there by myself.

thonglor55
May 5th, 2011, 13:41
on several ocassions I witnessed arguments between farang customers and staff over very childish matters ... I really enjoy going to watch the shows at Happy Place.If that sort of thing is the floor show I think I would enjoy it too. It is much more immediate than the Beachcrest/Surflover/MiniMee slanging match we've seen over the past few weeks (months?)

lonelywombat
May 5th, 2011, 15:00
Just had a PM from a member who had been sitting on the patio of Cafe Royale his last visit. He had been musing on what he would do to BBB to make it back to the prime location , big money spinner it was in the nineties.

Quote " rip the guts out of BBB and the coffee shop and gym and make it into a disco like NAB or Dave's.
perhaps more sound proofing of the rooms upstairs and relocate reception, but they would make f****** more money than they are now"

""""and I would sack Madam f****** Jim "

"""maybe invite him/ her to a friendly BBQ to discuss things amicably""""

Interesting comments!

thonglor55
May 5th, 2011, 15:05
Just had a PM from a member who had been sitting on the patio of Cafe Royale his last visit. He had been musing on what he would do to BBB to make it back to the prime location , big money spinner it was in the nineties!So we can expect a change of ownership as he puts his money where his mouth is?

May 5th, 2011, 17:09
Just had a PM from a member who had been sitting on the patio of Cafe Royale his last visit. He had been musing on what he would do to BBB to make it back to the prime location , big money spinner it was in the nineties.

Quote " rip the guts out of BBB and the coffee shop and gym and make it into a disco like NAB or Dave's.
perhaps more sound proofing of the rooms upstairs and relocate reception, but they would make f****** more money than they are now"

""""and I would sack Madam f****** Jim "

"""maybe invite him/ her to a friendly BBQ to discuss things amicably""""

Interesting comments!

I thought I had identified the member who PMd you.

But since there was no mention of using "f****** napalm on everybody and dancing on their dead f****** bodies", I am re-considering my selection.

:rolling:

lonelywombat
May 5th, 2011, 17:45
I thought I had identified the member who PMd you.

But since there was no mention of using "f****** napalm on everybody and dancing on their dead f****** bodies", I am re-considering my selection.

:

Give him time!

May 5th, 2011, 19:01
"""maybe invite him/ her to a friendly BBQ to discuss things amicably"""" Interesting comments!

I hope you advised him that if invited the fingers should be removed first so as not to get them burnt Lonely?

stkyricesf
May 5th, 2011, 19:40
Colmx,
I just got back too. I concur with your assessment. Great report. :hello1:

Beachlover
May 5th, 2011, 21:14
Thanks Colmx... The info about the nightclubs is fantastic.

" rip the guts out of BBB and the coffee shop and gym and make it into a disco like NAB or Dave's.
Great idea. But I wonder if he could get around the restrictions on late night opening hours in that area.

I agree, having a nightclub/disco in Boyztown would ramp it up a lot.

1. The area could centre around one or two DJ Station style late-night discos (11pm onwards)

2. Have a couple of more chilled out hang out bars (non commercial sex) like the type Silom Soi 2, Bangkok has.

3. Then add few gogo bars.

4. Add a few street eateries, restaurants and cafes and such to give it some street life...

... the place would be buzzing with all these venues feeding off each other. That's the sort of thing, which would attract a younger audience of gays to Pattaya.

I think the problem now is NAB and other popular gay discos are located a long way from Boyztown so there's not much synergy.

colmx
May 6th, 2011, 01:00
to meet a very very pushy short haired mamasan

Oh i forgot about her! (Shes a lesbian in case you were wondering!)
She always leaves us alone as we are considered to be "Em's" cusomers (Em is the short round guy that sits outside and greets people - has been working in Sunnee for as long as I've been there)

I did hear her give very good advice one night as to what each boy could and wouldn't do. And found her advise to be pretty accurate - based on the boys that i already know... Although she is quite forceful in demanding drinks

Do you have any information about the now closed "Dude Man" Club?

Dude (on Soi Bunkot) closed around 2 years back

At one stage it was the "in" place to go in Pattaya... but its time at the top of the tree was short lived!

At the Time there was X-ray, Dave Man Club and Dude competing for the late night Gay business, X-ray moved to a new premises and the crowdmoved to the new X-Ray

The opening of NAB finally deprived Dude of its remaining customers...and it closed

Incidentally a lot of the bar boys now live on Soi Bunkot and there are at least 6 Boy karaokes in the immediate vicinity (as well as Si Saket restaurant which is full of gay people after closing time(s))

colmx
May 6th, 2011, 01:06
I agree Colmx report fantastic. I have a friend leaving in a few days and I have sent him a copy.

The coyotes need to get 3 drinks a night.? How do they work out coyote share of a bottle of JW if it was bought before they were invited to join table? I remember the Dudes club now closed [off South Rd], where the boys were requesting and being given shots, whilst on stage. So many I wondered how they continued standing.

The off fee in Dave is now 600B. Of course you can avoid the off fee by arraging to meet the guy in T&T after their shift finishes at 5AM - but they are still expected to get 10 offs per month. If not it comes out of their 9000B per month samary.

The 3 "drinks" that the Coyotes must earn each night are cocktails

They are generally not supposed to drink from the JW bottle until after a "Drink" has been bought for them.
Some "drinks" cost 200B and are counted as 1 drink (e.g. Tequila or beer) others cost 400B and are considered to be 2 drinks (e.g. Flaming Sambuca, Kahlua Milk)

The Coyotes are expected to earn 600B of drinks per night on a normal nght
And 800B of drinks on a special night (e.g. Foam Party)

lexusgs
May 6th, 2011, 01:44

The off fee in Dave is now 600B. Of course you can avoid the off fee by arraging to meet the guy in T&T after their shift finishes at 5AM - but they are still expected to get 10 offs per month. If not it comes out of their 9000B per month samary.

The 3 "drinks" that the Coyotes must earn each night are cocktails

They are generally not supposed to drink from the JW bottle until after a "Drink" has been bought for them.
Some "drinks" cost 200B and are counted as 1 drink (e.g. Tequila or beer) others cost 400B and are considered to be 2 drinks (e.g. Flaming Sambuca, Kahlua Milk)

The Coyotes are expected to earn 600B of drinks per night on a normal nght
And 800B of drinks on a special night (e.g. Foam Party)

Hey Colmx,

Well done on your report. I'm currently on another 3 month break in LOS splitting time between Pattaya and BKK and concur with your comments on quality of offable guys in NAB. Dave defo has some quality guys right now. You didn't expand on your GR experience...how was it mate compared to the bars you mentioned?

colmx
May 8th, 2011, 01:46
You didn't expand on your GR experience...how was it mate compared to the bars you mentioned?

I met only 2 guys on GR
One was Thai and the other a holiday maker from Laos
There were lots of other opportunities on GR... but the timing always sucked!

colmx
May 8th, 2011, 01:57
A couple of people have PM'ed me with request for more information on Chanthong Place and Renu house:

Renu house is located on the corner of Soi 17 and 3rd road - it is diagonally opposite the 7-11 and Sophon food market and directly opposite Piyada Residence.

Chanthong is 50M west of Renu House and across the street - it is also on 3rd road
Both easy walking distance to Sunnee or Tuk com area

Chanthong is cheaper and has a pool. but renu is newer and more relaxed...
e.g. You must give up your key to reception on exiting Chanthong, in renu everybody has a swipe card and may come and go as they please

Chanthong:
http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/?cTsRUCepkczD7CAA

Sorry i have no pics of Renu House (or at least none that don't have boys in them!)- will try to take some on my next trip!