PDA

View Full Version : Don't bother ordering last drinks at The Venue

Wazza
May 4th, 2011, 12:14
Arrived at The Venue last night midway through the first show. Drinks were ordered and we settled back to enjoy the show. Gone are the glory days of old when it was a fast paced well costumed spectacle now we have a series of ladyboys swaying in the front while a number of male dancers wave there arms and march on the spot at the rear.
The costumes are now recycled between numbers 1 white boa appeared at least 3 times lastly around someones waist. Cardboard cutouts with pasted on sparkles and a array of paper flowers are meant to pass as headdresses. The male dancers wore black boxers and shiny cumber band for 3 numbers only the top changing. Only in the finale could one glimpse what the show once had been.
Which brings me to the subject line just as the finale started the waiter asked if we wanted to order another drink we did and it duly arrived just short of the show finishing. 1 minute later as the half full house traipsed out the waiter is back asking us to pay the bill I said wait until I finish my drink, 2 minutes later a different waiter with a message from the cashier can we pay he got the same answer within minutes every chair and table around us was stacked we left 860thb bill paid no tip no sign of the owners.

May 4th, 2011, 16:24
It sounds as though they were getting ready to close,obviously the waiter should not have asked you if you would like another drink if this was the case.
I apologise if I have misunderstood your post as I have found your writing style a little hard to comprehend.

It seems you are complaining about several things, namely costumes,and the waiter constantly asking you to pay the bill.
Actually myself,I prefer to pay as the drink arrives,it saves the trouble of trying to find the waiter when you are ready to leave.

But having said that,I do agree with some of the things you have brought up.
I personally enjoy the shows performed by the farang performers there such as Ray and Madame Karen.
They did at one time have a "sexy boy show" which I also liked.

thonglor55
May 4th, 2011, 17:45
... it saves the trouble of trying to find the waiter when you are ready to leaveI wonder how many people have had this problem in a go-go bar? :idea: