PDA

View Full Version : Only in Thailand...

cdnmatt
May 3rd, 2011, 06:04
... will you be running around a neighborhood at 6am, chasing a run-away chicken, in partnership with your dog who is only more than happy to help the chase. Whew, I'm tired! Those little fuckers are fast. Got 'em though!

Let's see if we can keep this thread going (without the asshole remarks). Finish the sentence:

Only in Thailand...

thonglor55
May 3rd, 2011, 09:56
Only in Thailand ... will you know which came first, the chicken or the dog.

pong
May 3rd, 2011, 16:53
oh no. Quite possible on a more frequent occasion too in Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Myanmar=Burma, Phillippines. or even the east of Europe-Slovakia, HUngary, Romania etc. Even at 5.00! midsummer even at 4.00-get woken up by crowing cocks=roosters by 3.21

May 3rd, 2011, 17:24
Only in Thailand can you get a haircut at 3:00 am.

May 3rd, 2011, 17:41
Only in Thailand can you get a haircut at 3:00 am.

And enjoy a beer or two while he snips.

:occasion9:

thonglor55
May 4th, 2011, 09:34
Only in Thailand can you get a haircut at 3:00 am.And enjoy a beer or two while he snips.And speak in Thai (or possibly Lao) with him

cdnmatt
May 4th, 2011, 17:44
... will you get asked, "is that your dad?", simply because your drinking buddy is white and old enough to be your dad.

Get that all the time. Apparently, all of us white people look the same. :-)

May 4th, 2011, 18:47
Toilet rolls on the dining table.....

luvthai-2
May 5th, 2011, 04:38
Up to You____ but really not up to you.

a447
May 5th, 2011, 15:59
A youngish woman came into A Bomb in Pattaya last week with 2 children. Yep, children. The guy I was sitting with was horrified, as was I. She sat up the top next to me and the 2 boys sat right in front of me. I asked the guy how old they were. "One maybe 10 or 11, the other maybe 14," was his reply. Just then the waiter turned up with a bottle of Heineken each for the kids.

Only in Thailand!

May 5th, 2011, 16:08
I don't wish to be a party pooper but I doubt allowing child customers into go go bars is legal.
I wish they would try that with somewhere like Happy Place,im sure the owner would show them the exit quick fast.

kittyboy
May 5th, 2011, 16:47
Toilet rolls on the dining table.....

At the risk of splitting hairs, toilet paper on the table and none in toilet is pretty much the norm in china....though I did go to place once and they had toilet paper on the table and paper towels in the toilet....it was a dissonance moment.

May 5th, 2011, 16:47
..I wish they would try that with somewhere like Happy Place,im sure the owner would show them the exit quick fast.

Judging from recent posts, getting refused entry to Happy Place would be the least of their problems.

The possibility of a hit-squad bursting into their loom at dawn and spraying everbody with automatic gunfire as a reprisal, ought to be of more concern.

:sign5:

christianpfc
May 8th, 2011, 01:23
Only in Thailand ... can try to off a boy in a bar to be told "him forgot ID" or maybe you off him and at the hotel reception you get "I forgot ID".