PDA

View Full Version : Chez Vickie sold?

May 1st, 2011, 15:43
I have heard from a friend that Chez Vickie restaurant is for sale and possibly being sold to Italian restauranters?
For those not into Fine dining it's located within the Day Night area opposite Le Bordeux,was formerly O"Briens before Googie departed.
It is a or was a gay owned operated restaurant with a Ladyboy typer show on Sunday evenings.
I hear the owner was hoping to sell quickly and go back to his home country, and had erected a large For Sale sign outside.
Im unsure of the selling price,perhaps someone may know,however as written on the For Sale sign there is no key money.
My dining experience there was most positive and I thouroughly enjoyed the Sunday evening entertainment.
Hopefully a gay person with enough flair and experience will purchase it rather than see another fine establishment that may change its original concept.

However as an Italian food lover,I think an Italian restaurant maybe be popular in this location.

May 1st, 2011, 18:57
Before Chez Vickie found her way to Pattaya he had a restaurant in Bangkok between the Pinnacle and the Ibis hotel, I walked by many times and never saw a customer.

May 1st, 2011, 19:05
It seems many "fine dining" establishments,if that's the right description,find it difficult to succeed in Pattaya,particularly in the Day Night precinct.
I recall Monte Christos going under ? and another I cannot recall the name of.

Another also although well away from Day Night was the Pagoda in the Jomtien complex,which I thought was well run by a young farang and his Thai BF.
It seems many may have disagreed.

PinkSilom
May 1st, 2011, 20:28
Vickie was always a good host and I found her waiting staff to be friendly and efficient. The buffet made for an interesting starter but the main courses just didn't cut the mustard. Not by any definition of the word was Chez Vickie a 'fine dining' experience. A good Italian restaurant would be a welcome addition to Soi Day Night, whatever the sexual orientation of the proprietor.

May 1st, 2011, 20:56
Isnt the cafe just opposite Chez Vickie on the corner a Italian style cafe?

cdnmatt
May 1st, 2011, 23:14
Not by any definition of the word was Chez Vickie a 'fine dining' experience.

Pattaya doesn't have fine dining, or at least I never seen it. I do love to read the stories from expats who brag about their "fine dining" experiences though, as if they're eating at Morton's or something.

May 1st, 2011, 23:33

Pattaya doesn't have fine dining, or at least I never seen it. I do love to read the stories from expats who brag about their "fine dining" experiences though, as if they're eating at Morton's or something.

I don't know if Morton's originally of Chicago would be considered fine dining. Morton's, Ruth Chris, Peter Lugar are all wonderful steakhouses. I've been to the Dome here in Bangkok it was fine dining, but I agree that other than the Dusit Thani, you would be hard pressed to find fine dining in Pattaya.

May 2nd, 2011, 00:19

I don't know if Morton's originally of Chicago would be considered fine dining. Morton's, Ruth Chris, Peter Lugar are all wonderful steakhouses. I've been to the Dome here in Bangkok it was fine dining, but I agree that other than the Dusit Thani, you would be hard pressed to find fine dining in Pattaya.

Obviously then, neither of you have ever eaten at the Mata Hari or the Royal Cliff. :8(

Cheers,

George.

May 2nd, 2011, 00:29
Hi George, I disagree, I haven't been to Mata Hari since shortly after Louie opened his new location I think it's good for where it is but nothing special. My only experience was as an invitee to a wine club dinner at The R.C. so I can't really say as this is a once in a while event.
F.Y.I. Word has it M.H. is up for sale......Yes the grapevine goes all the way to BKK.

May 2nd, 2011, 00:46
Hi George, I disagree, I haven't been to Mata Hari since shortly after Louie opened his new location I think it's good for where it is but nothing special. My only experience was as an invitee to a wine club dinner at The R.C. so I can't really say as this is a once in a while event.

Everybody has their own opinion OIAW, but in mine as far as the food is concerned, Mata Hari hasn't changed in the slightest since Louis moved from 2nd road. The new restaurant is far superior to the old one in style, elegance and space, although having said that, I also loved the atmosphere at the old Mata Hari.

As far as the consistency of the food and the quality of the service at both the new and old restaurants, where Pattaya is concerned, I think it is second to none. I also think that in the Mine Host stakes, Louis wins by a mile.

Cheers,

George.

P.S. As far as being up for sale goes, Louis has had it up for sale for over 2 years, but no one has yet come up with the money that he is quite rightly asking for it.

May 2nd, 2011, 00:49
Everybody has their own opinion OIAW

Sorry mate but I don't have a dog in this fight.

May 2nd, 2011, 00:56

I wasn't aware we were in one. :dontknow:

May 2nd, 2011, 00:58

I wasn't aware we were in one. :dontknow:

Neither was I. :dontknow: