PDA

View Full Version : Surfcrest vs Happy Place Scandal Finale! LOCKED again

April 28th, 2011, 00:25
As many are aware, Surfcrest made an accusation that he was scammed at Happy Place Bar. Unbeknownst to him, and on another thread, it was shown that ALL entertainment venues in order to get a licence, needed to have installed a CCTV system. His allegations were in fact caught on CCTV and he was invited down to see how he was incorrect which he never did. Scottish Guy and one or two others, dismissed the fact that there was actual cctv footage of the event and what it would reveal. Surfcrest still refused to witness the tape and said "I know what I look like" and that he did not need to see the pictures. That is the general jist of the situation.
After giving the situation considerable discussion and thought, a few members suggested that the footage be put on U Tube for everyone to see. I thought that this crossed the line of being proper and maybe even legal as the footage showed other people surrounding him.
What we did was to put out a request for long term SGF members to volunteer to come down and view the footage and give their opinion of what they saw. We had three volunteers, one showed up this evening and reviewed the camera footage which has date and time stamps every one second. He interviewed the person who took the money, which happened to be our assistant manager, and it showed "M" the registered OWNER of Happy Place as cashier that night taking the money and making change.
I did not ask this person what he was going to say, so I do not know what he will report but I do know that he and his boyfreind were there this evening to see for themselves what this footage would reveal.
I have opened this thread for the purpose of him giving his report to everyone on SGF when he has completed what he thinks he needs to do to give an unbiased, truthful report, no matter which way it goes. I will still await the two other people who did PM me and volunteer. All having substantial years on SGF.
At the end of these reports, I hope it is closed.
:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

bigben
April 28th, 2011, 00:59
I think most of us who have been following this drama have an opinion of what actually happened.

One thing that I am going to make a conscience effort of doing (because of this situation)is to start carrying a wad of smaller bills instead of just a couple of 1000 baht notes when I go out.

I have been short changed before in bars but it was quickly resolved then and there. In fact I have been shorte changed three times at TOPS supermarket and once at Lotus. Again the key is to confront the "mistake" cough-cough right then and there or at least that has what worked for me.

One obvious trick used by a waiter (when the black leather envelope is used to return the change) is to run away quickly and not wait for a small tip.

Usually at low-end establishments (meaning non 5* places) the waiter will allow you to remove your change and smile hoping for a tip before returning the envelope to the cashier.

It will be interesting to hear if the waiter/manager quickly ran away after returning the change to SF. It will also be interesting to hear the opinions of the long term members who viewed the tape.

I am sure jink's little finger is twitching on the delete button as we wait for the outcome.

Okay......back to the main event. :hello1:

April 28th, 2011, 01:00
....At the end of these reports, I hope it is closed.
:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Don't we all.

<yawn>

April 28th, 2011, 01:18
Don't we all.<yawn>
I find this more than amusing coming from you as you were screaming and yelling page after page that there was no footage and asking that it be posted etc etc. Calling anyone that came forward might be a plant. And now you say "yawn"?
Remember your promise. :occasion9:

April 28th, 2011, 14:56
I have been a frequent patron of numerous bars and other haunts around pattaya and jomtein
and i have never thought of actually checking the change against the bill, after reading this post
i think i will be a bit more cautious in future and not be so trusting that all waiters are honest,
BUT i can tell many instances of how much and many times i have been lied to, cheated, and used
as an atm on legs by bar boys and others from male go go bars, In fact as i am a newbie to this site i am
going to tell everyone who reads these postings some of the disasters i have had and erxperienced
aroud these traps for the unwary ( ME, TRUSTED THEM ALL AND WAS CONNED BY THEM ALL ) :protest:

April 28th, 2011, 15:25
Topic unlocked.

Money talks.

Enough said.

:occasion9:

April 28th, 2011, 15:27
Why have you got so involved in this Scotty, it's not like you?

April 28th, 2011, 15:38
Why have you got so involved in this Scotty, it's not like you?

My involvement in this is pretty basic - it has never been a criticism of Happy Place and I have never said ANYTHING negative about the bar (I did say one boy was the spitting image of Stan Laurel but that was merely an observation).
What I HAVE criticised, Combat, is the proprietor's inability so far to produce the cast-iron, 100% conclusive CCTV evidence of Surfcrest deliberately scamming him, that he has insisted for MONTHS now that he has.

He has now decided that he won't/can't produce it (for reasons of "taste" it seems) and we have to await he pronouncements of 3 un-named volunteers (all unassailable paragons of truth and virtue apparently) who are apparently going to assure us that every word that Unkie has said regarding the CCTV footage is the complete, unvarnished truth.

To ensure that he gets the word out Unkie kicked and screamed at the Mod/Admin of the board, throwing his toys out the pram and threatening to withdraw his support if he didn't get his way.

That kind of bullying behaviour appalls me (it has been evident to me from Day 1) and THAT is why I am involved - but I wish to stress that my "involvement" and interest is restricted to disputing the existance of the allegedly compelling CCTV footage. I have no opinion on who-scammed-who.

April 28th, 2011, 16:13
Hi Scotty,

i think all valid arguments and points got lost in the 'wok ' a considerable amount of time ago with justme and surfcrest and I have neiher interest nor comment on what occurred.

I am a bit sad that it has become necessary for Jinks and Elephantspike to be forced to get involved when they are busy trying to run a good informative service and a great fun board, to try and calm the situation down with Justme and surfcrest. In this situation we are leading to a face off where nobody wants to be seen to back down. There will be no winners here.

It just doesn't seem that BIG an issue for all the falling out to me??..... :dontknow:

lonelywombat
April 28th, 2011, 16:21
I feel it necessary to point out to SGT members that Unkie PM'd me today saying that he had threatened to withdraw all his advertising and funding of SGT unless the Mod/Admin of SGT unlocked this thread so that he could continue this propaganda war about who scammed who between him and Surfcrest..

Note that the thread has duly been unlocked.

I simply give you the information - and can obviously cut and paste Unkie's post publicly to that effect, or forward it privately to any doubting party.

Meanwhile, it is up to the rest of you to make of this what you will.

All I will say is that when I suggested in the past that Unkie seemed to have undue influence on the content of SGT, that suggestion was rubbished. It seems that point has now been well-and-truly proved.

Scotty Like you I am very angry at what has happened.
Just an hour ago your original post made a lot of sense d. I have copied from the other thread to here.

There is a lot at stake for this board and 30 pieces of silver has been mentioned in PMs already.

LMTU was allowed to post all his nonsense for $100 donation per year. He even tried for a refund when his membership was cancelled.
I thought all that shit had finished.

a447
April 28th, 2011, 16:23
Last night I went to Happy Place with my partner. Justme was sitting outside. He asked me if I would like to view some photos and give my opinion. I agreed to do so.
The photos were cctv snaps, each stamped with the hour, minute and second and showed a series of photos involving payment of a bar bill. Although blurry (e.g. there were 2 or 3 customers in the bar at the time, but you cannot see their faces clearly), I could see that the note handed to the waiter and subsequently given to the cashier had 3 digits, not 4 thereby indicating that it was a 500 baht note. You could, however, clearly see the pink colour of the note. I compared a 1000 and a 500 baht note taken from my pocket and, as far as I could see, there is no way it could have been 1000 baht. I asked my bf to look at the photo, pointed to the note on the cashier's desk and asked "Thaorai?" and he immediately said "Haa roi baht." No hesitation.
I don't know the ins and outs of this affair, and I'm sure lots of farangs have been scammed at bars. It is why I always check my change. I was wondering why Justme didn't just give the punter 500 baht - who knows, it could have been an innocent mistake- and move on. That is, until he told me he had photographic evidence. Now I suppose this could go on and on, with some people saying "yeah, sure. The cashier just switched notes" or "They may have reenacted the whole scenario and photographed it again." But I think you have to make a reasonable assumption here and accept the photos as fairly concrete evidence. I'm a sceptic by nature, but I don't have any problem now accepting that the photos are genuine and that the patron of the bar paid with a 500 baht note.
If I were you Justme, I'd sue the bastard for libel and defamation.

April 28th, 2011, 17:04
Thank you. and I believe that if anyone wants to know, Surfcrest was identified by the clothes he said he was wearing.

Also Scottish, I am very weary of your saying money talks and all these ikplications as to the exhorbadent amount we pay for advertising. As I feel it really is none of your business and why you are so vehemnt about this is beyond me BUT the ad space we take out costs us $500 US a YEAR! And as the homebase for this forum is in US and not Thailand, well that doesnt amount to a shit of beans now does it?

newalaan
April 28th, 2011, 17:20
But I think you have to make a reasonable assumption here and accept the photos as fairly concrete evidence. I'm a sceptic by nature, but I don't have any problem now accepting that the photos are genuine and that the patron of the bar paid with a 500 baht noteThere we have it. An independent verification that Surfcrest's allegation is unfounded. All we need is a public apology from Surfcrest and this long episode is at an end.
If I were you Justme, I'd sue the bastard for libel and defamation.If this is not a jokey/sarcastic aside, then it is the kind of brainless suggestion which is not needed and is not helpful to bringing the fiasco to a conclusion.

All Surfcrest had to do in the FIRST place is do what a447 did, review the information and evidence available. But he should have done it on the night of the incident or next day, not used cyberspace to possibly damage an innocent business. He should only have made the allegation if it was 'beyond doubt' he had been 'short changed' not just make a wreckless allegation. It seems to show Surfcrest to be a bit of a shit stirring individual, and of course puts a questionmark on his credibility about any allegation he makes in the future.

Also Scottish, I am very weary of your saying money talks and all these ikplications as to the exhorbadent amount we pay for advertising. As I feel it really is none of your business and why you are so vehemnt about this is beyond me BUT the ad space we take out costs us $500 US a YEARJustme you don't help yourself sometimes. If it has nothing to do with the attention seeking queen know as scottish-guy why give him the satisfaction of continuing to refer to him, or make public things which should be between you and your advertising host. It's clear he is a drama queen poking his nose in things which have nothing whatsoever to do with him only for the purpose of drawing attention to himself, this episode has proved that far beyond any 'reasonable doubt'.

April 28th, 2011, 18:30
.. Scottish, I am very weary of your saying money talks and all these ikplications as to the exhorbadent amount we pay for advertising. As I feel it really is none of your business and why you are so vehemnt about this is beyond me BUT the ad space we take out costs us $500 US a YEAR! And as the homebase for this forum is in US and not Thailand, well that doesnt amount to a shit of beans now does it?

Whether it is $50, $500, or $5000 is not the point.

1. Your thread was locked
2. You didn't like it
3, You threatened to withdraw your support and have nothing more to do with SGT (you told me this yourself)
4. The Moderator was over-ruled and your thread got re-opened

The actual amount you spend is of no interest to me - it's like the old joke:

Punter: "I'll give you 500B for sex"

Boy: "500B? Are you crazy? What do you think I am?"

Punter: "We've established that, we are only arguing over the price"

:occasion9:

thonglor55
April 28th, 2011, 18:47
Surfcrest was identified by the clothes he said he was wearing.Not that damn Native American headress again?

a447
April 28th, 2011, 19:18
If this is not a jokey/sarcastic aside, then it is the kind of brainless suggestion......

Well, not really. Not when you state a few lines down

....not used cyberspace to possibly damage an innocent business.

Surely defaming someone and possible affecting their business is against the law, isn't it??

Under normal circumstances I would not sue, but seeing as Surfcrest in clearly identifiable in the photos (a couple of him standing just under the cameras), I'd go for it.

April 28th, 2011, 19:22
Surfcrest was identified by the clothes he said he was wearing.Not that damn Native American headress again?

No, it was simpler than that.

My contacts have obtained one of the CCTV stills of that evening. Surfy is 3rd from the left.

[attachment=0:2uatjksi]Hp-CCTV-Capture.jpg[/attachment:2uatjksi]

April 28th, 2011, 19:23
Does that mean if Serfmouth lied about the value of the bank note he is also telling porkie pies about Beachy being a Filipino...... :sign5:

thonglor55
April 28th, 2011, 23:31
Does that mean if Serfmouth lied about the value of the bank note he is also telling porkie pies about Beachy being a Filipino......I think we've established that Beachcrest is of Vietnamese descent; he gave us enough information in a post not that long ago quoting, I believe, the square root of his grandmother's date of birth and other trivia that clearly established his links to Cabramatta (in Sydney's west, so I'im told, where all good Vietnamese gangsters hang out)

Beachlover
April 28th, 2011, 23:42
Last night I went to Happy Place with my partner. Justme was sitting outside. He asked me if I would like to view some photos and give my opinion. I agreed to do so.
The photos were cctv snaps, each stamped with the hour, minute and second and showed a series of photos involving payment of a bar bill. Although blurry (e.g. there were 2 or 3 customers in the bar at the time, but you cannot see their faces clearly), I could see that the note handed to the waiter and subsequently given to the cashier had 3 digits, not 4 thereby indicating that it was a 500 baht note. You could, however, clearly see the pink colour of the note. I compared a 1000 and a 500 baht note taken from my pocket and, as far as I could see, there is no way it could have been 1000 baht. I asked my bf to look at the photo, pointed to the note on the cashier's desk and asked "Thaorai?" and he immediately said "Haa roi baht." No hesitation.
I don't know the ins and outs of this affair, and I'm sure lots of farangs have been scammed at bars. It is why I always check my change. I was wondering why Justme didn't just give the punter 500 baht - who knows, it could have been an innocent mistake- and move on. That is, until he told me he had photographic evidence. Now I suppose this could go on and on, with some people saying "yeah, sure. The cashier just switched notes" or "They may have reenacted the whole scenario and photographed it again." But I think you have to make a reasonable assumption here and accept the photos as fairly concrete evidence. I'm a sceptic by nature, but I don't have any problem now accepting that the photos are genuine and that the patron of the bar paid with a 500 baht note.
Thanks for making the effort to do this, A447.

Well, there we have it. The only question is whether it was deliberate or a genuine mistake.

Did Surfcrest deliberately attempt to defraud this bar of a small amount of cash so that he could later post a story here to damage its reputation or make a genuine mistake?

1. Fact is, Surfcrest made a series of personal attacks on this bar's owner in the 6-7 days leading up to the incident on this website. Prior to this, he had never visited this particular bar before. There's no doubt he had malicious intent against the bar and its owner.

2. It's quite common to make a mistake when handing over cash. If I thought I'd been shortchanged and was offered CCTV footage to show otherwise, I'd either accept the staff's word for it (knowing it's quite possibly my mistake) or viewed the footage to check for myself.

But Surfcrest was quick to refuse the CCTV footage when offered. Rather than accept that he was mistaken, he quickly left to post his story about being scammed. This may suggest that he knew full well what he handed over and what the camera footage would show.

I think people will need to make up their own mind on whether Surfcrest did this deliberately or accidentally. My personal opinion is that it was deliberate.

Does that mean if Serfmouth lied about the value of the bank note he is also telling porkie pies about Beachy being a Filipino...... :sign5:
It's not so much that as it is the time Surfcrest claimed to know my dick size that I would like cleared up. :rolling:

Thank goodness I declined his request to meet me and my boyfriend. He might've come back to post a big story about me short changing him a round of drinks! :rolling:

thonglor55
April 28th, 2011, 23:49
It's not so much that as it is the time Surfcrest claimed to know my dick size that I would like cleared up.Not another Forum member with whom you've had a ONS?! Is there no end to your slutty behavior?

Nabaat
April 29th, 2011, 00:37
What I HAVE criticised, Combat, is the proprietor's inability so far to produce the cast-iron, 100% conclusive CCTV evidence of Surfcrest deliberately scamming him, that he has insisted for MONTHS now that he has.

I have started with this quote from Scottish Guy just to set the tome. Tonight I was asked for my opinion of the footage/pics/CCTV of the incident....apparently after a request that 3 people looked at the said pics etc.

Time scale from start to finish is 10 seconds as per the frame clocks.

The folder is in clear view during the acceptance of the monies and as the said monies are handed over.

The Cashier is clearly seen accepting the monies.

Here Scotch Guy is the crunch....it's a 500 baht Bill. Yes just so you are reading this right...IT"S A 500 BAHT NOTE.

The main detail that was over looked by the other independent person was that a 500 has a elongated symbol in the centre of the note, the 1000 has a circular symbol. The eleoganted symbol can be be quite clearly seen in all second by second (in fact 3 seconds of pictures) as the money is laid on the Cashiers desk.

Hope this finally puts this to bed for you Scotch Guy...move on, apologise as you said you would and stop sweating the little things in life.

So back to the beginning, 100% proof is there Scot Guy, call into Happy Place and have a look for yourself instead of having a go at an innocent party about something you have no facts/data or info about.

Oh before I forget, yes I have shortened you to Scot Guy, Scotch Guy etc etc etc...just to have you get the hump. :laughing3:

April 29th, 2011, 00:49
Well as I said before, I was looking for A volunteer. Instead, I tried to get THREE so there would be not so much pressure on ONE as this has been a bitch of a fight.
The first volunteer has still not contacted me again and NO I will not reveal his username. His choice is up to him but I have once gain asked him to come down.
On the other side, you all now have 2 views, two different people, many years on SGF. I would invite Scottish guy to be a substitute 3rd but I tend to think he might be looked at as a little bias.

April 29th, 2011, 03:07
I am quite prepared to accept the opinions of the 2 persons who say that they have seen the CCTV evidence which Unkie referred to and which I doubted the existance of.

Therefore I am entirely happy to apologise to Unkie for saying that I did not believe the CCTV footage existed.

:occasion9: :occasion9:

joe552
April 29th, 2011, 03:49
With that apology from scottish-guy, I hope that doesn't mean we're nearing the end of this saga. It's much more interesting than the royal wedding. So please, guys, try to keep the row brewing. You know we'll only have more from BL and you don't want that, now do you?

pennyboy
April 29th, 2011, 04:27
I would have voluntered to view the CCTV footage but as I would not know Surfcrest from Adam my opinion would have been meaningless.

I assume those that did view could positively identify Surfcrest handing over the 500bt note and this matter can finally be laid to rest.

SG has apologised and Beachbore has refrained from demanding the death penalty and we can all proceed with our mundane lives.

April 29th, 2011, 05:02
Well done Scotty....

April 29th, 2011, 08:00
Thank you. As Pennyboy said, its over.
please allow this thread to die an honorable and peacful death. Please BL post nothing.

April 29th, 2011, 08:22
Thank you all for bearing with me to bring this matter to its final chapter.
I want to apologize publically to JINKS. I know your interests were SGF snd you wanted to bring this to an even quicker end but I did need to bring this to a "proper" end and have my bars reputation restored. I apologize if you felt that I may have "gone over your head" or as SG says, used any undue pressure but I felt the thread should have been allowed to stay open for this purpose. The deed is now done and over.

To Scottish Guy, I truly believe I know why you have been so vindictive and you and I know what I feel and who I believe you are, lets let that die and go each others way. You can find the strength just to ignore me and I know I can ignore you.

Surfcrest. I really dont know what to say to you. You asked for proof and now you have it. I hope you can figure a way to fix this but it is now up to you.

Again thank you all and PLEASE do me a favor and just dont post and let this and the other thread about leaving under the protest of Unfair Justice, well please let them die a peaceful death now and restore SGF to its former glory.

For all who read this and would like to help me celebrate the final chapter being closed, saturday night April 30th, bring in a copy of this post and get a 50 baht drink. Any drink! :alc:

Shit, I dont knw what you all are going to read now! :sign5:

Thank you!

thonglor55
April 29th, 2011, 08:29
The first volunteer has still not contacted me again and NO I will not reveal his username. His choice is up to him but I have once gain asked him to come down.Perhaps if you'd asked him to go down ... ?

April 29th, 2011, 16:34
Please BL post nothing.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_fteYlU0pw4o/TOZYluU8OyI/AAAAAAAAAPg/OWy2qVPIErQ/s1600/1.jpg
The Six-Day 500 Baht War, according to justme. And the CCTV warning sign?

Smiles
April 29th, 2011, 18:30
First LOCKED, now PINNED to the top of the page. WTF??

If ever there was a thread which deserved neither, this is it.
Now downloaded to my Kindle: 'The Minds of Mods' (a comic novel)

cdnmatt
April 29th, 2011, 20:59
First LOCKED, now PINNED to the top of the page. WTF?

Almost first of the month -- rent's due. Needs the advertising money. :)

Surfcrest
August 14th, 2013, 02:13

I have started with this quote from Scottish Guy just to set the tome. Tonight I was asked for my opinion of the footage/pics/CCTV of the incident....apparently after a request that 3 people looked at the said pics etc.

Time scale from start to finish is 10 seconds as per the frame clocks.

The folder is in clear view during the acceptance of the monies and as the said monies are handed over.

The Cashier is clearly seen accepting the monies.

Here Scotch Guy is the crunch....it's a 500 baht Bill. Yes just so you are reading this right...IT"S A 500 BAHT NOTE.

The main detail that was over looked by the other independent person was that a 500 has a elongated symbol in the centre of the note, the 1000 has a circular symbol. The eleoganted symbol can be be quite clearly seen in all second by second (in fact 3 seconds of pictures) as the money is laid on the Cashiers desk.

Hope this finally puts this to bed for you Scotch Guy...move on, apologise as you said you would and stop sweating the little things in life.

So back to the beginning, 100% proof is there Scot Guy, call into Happy Place and have a look for yourself instead of having a go at an innocent party about something you have no facts/data or info about.

Oh before I forget, yes I have shortened you to Scot Guy, Scotch Guy etc etc etc...just to have you get the hump. :laughing3:

As you can see from this thread, all that is really left of this entire incident after Neal censored the whole matter to tell his side of the story.

There was indeed many things leading up to this incident between Neal and I, but it had nothing to do with his bar. This was actually part of a long dispute I was having with Beachlover at the time that Neal decided he needed to wade into. Neal was alleging that I wasnтАЩt who I am and that I too was not in Thailand and so I visited his bar to prove to him otherwise.

At the end of the show that night, my BF and I decided to leave and as usualтАж.we were not the only ones getting our bills. I gave what I believed to be a 1000 baht noteтАж.as I had just come from the ATM on the corner and all I had were 1000 notes from that withdrawal. When the change came back, I mentioned my concern to the waiterтАж.and from the video footage, if it captured us paying the bill, would show my BF noticing the error as well. The waiter came back a few minutes later and said that he verified the amount paid to be 500 baht, at which time I accepted the change and we left. There was no confrontation with the waiter, the whole thing was pleasant. The waiter only mentioned it to Neal when he was interrogated later. Neal made it out after the fact, that the waiter was traumatized by the incident, which of course was not so....and certainly did not demand any sort of apology.

While my BF was slightly concerned at the time, this is something that has happened to us in Thailand before and is not something we make a point of, when it happens.
I did, however mention it here on SGT more so to prove to Neal that I am real and that I was in his bar that night.

There was no lie, as I believe to this day (As does my BF) that the bill I put in the fold was a 1000 baht note. Because I did not and still do not trust Neal to this day, for the many, many reasons he has given us not to trust him, I did not go to his bar to view his blurry CCTV video. As a result, I apologized for writing that I may have been short changed at his bar. Whether his CCTV cameras captured every frame of the bill leaving my hand, to being opened by the cashier is a moot point over two years later.

It is unfortunate that Neal has used his tenure as our brief owner to edit, delete and alter most of the posts surrounding this incident to best tell his side of the story.

Now that I have added my version of the events, this incident can remain closed for the benefit of all of those who have heard enough about it.
Interesting to see, now in 2013 who's integrity is in question the most and who has set all new lows in terms of his unethical behaviour.

Surfcrest