PDA

View Full Version : My Visit to Happy Place Bar

CoffeeBreak
April 22nd, 2011, 12:23
On a different thread on this forum I made some comments about my visit to Happy Place Bar, and after some discussion/banter with the owner on that thread(who I do not know and have never met) I said I would re-visit the place and give my opinion which I now do as I recently paid a second visit to the bar.
Happy Place Bar is located next to the Boys town soi entrance and a short walk from the Lucky 7 etc soi. It is a small but cozy bar with 2 tier seating in front of which there is a stage for the boys taking turns to dance. The seating is comfortable, the staff welcoming and the drink prices very reasonable.
The location seems to benefit itself sofar as volume of customers by getting 'straight' customers as well as gay.
I went there fairly soon after opening time and it was doing a brisk trade. I had previously complained that in my opinion the boys on the stage bore little resemblance to those in the advertisement for the bar. Now whilst on my latest visit there seemed to be few of those depicted in the advertisement on display I have to say the selection in the bar was decent, with different types and definitely a number who could be described as тАЬoffableтАЭ. No sign of any under age, and many of the boys looked experienced in life and cute, with good bodies and from my enquires versatile.
A person whom I guessed is the Mama San is a gaybar version of Sarah Palin and he was friendly and helpful.
All in all I am glad to now say I enjoyed my latest visit to this bar and will recommend it as it certainly now lives up to itsтАЩ name as a happy place!

April 22nd, 2011, 16:31
Thank you very much. BTW, we dont have a Mama San but do have a Manager and assistant that will be ready to help anyone in translation with a boy if you call upon them. A non stressful non pushy bar. Again, thanks!

April 23rd, 2011, 16:25
...A non stressful non pushy bar.....

It certainly seems to stress you out, dear.

However I'm glad to find you "sounding" refreshed and calm after your recent break.

:occasion9:

joe552
April 24th, 2011, 03:49
Well, the advertising is working - I'm looking forward to checking this place out in June. Non-pushy? Must be a good thing. (Do I get a free drink for this, justme?)

April 24th, 2011, 10:06
Well, the advertising is working - I'm looking forward to checking this place out in June. Non-pushy? Must be a good thing. (Do I get a free drink for this, justme?)

Sure, why not! :sign5: n Stop by and remind me that I promised you a free welcome drink and you got it! :hello2: