PDA

View Full Version : If you wanted to promote Pattaya who would you talk to

lonelywombat
April 22nd, 2011, 08:32
The thread on boyztown came at the same time when I had bumped into a small gay bar owner here in Melbourne, who had last year persuaded an airline to donate tickets return airfares to Thailand, in a promotion for his bar.

Just assuming there was to be an offer from any airline available, where would you start to marshall interest or offers from Gay Pattaya guesthouses/hotels, restaurants, bars and internal travel agent. I know this is opening the door to all the smart ars posters with their oneliners, but the size of the problem is surprising.

Is there a gay business owners association in existence, for all of Pattaya or even Boyztown?
Is there one single owner who has the drive to get something started ,that did not include himself wearing a frock.

Can anyone give a link to where a packaged gay trip to Pattaya is advertised anywhere in the world? I remember there used to ge a German or dutch one some years ago but not recently.

I went to facebook put in Thailand and got this link. It was also gay but not requested.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2 ... 0612293739 (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=292968535338#!/profile.php?id=100000612293739)

I put in Amazing Thailand and found this
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2 ... 9321010965 (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=292968535338#!/group.php?gid=123349321010965)

There must be other links but I was surprised in how few were on Facebook.

What would it cost for Cafe Royale,Ambience, Copa or Venue to put themselves forward as gay destinations?

I am interested in hearing from gay business association[s] who want to try and promote Pattaya as a gay destination again. I wonder if any can be bothered.

dab69
April 22nd, 2011, 10:01
gay.com?

probably have to buy advertising though.

April 22nd, 2011, 10:07
Trying not to get too political, I wil tell you what the situation is here.
Boysztown area is comprised of three Sois. Soi 1, 2, and 3. NOW, if you talk to the owners of the establishments on So 3, they will tell you that Soi 3 is the ONLY Soi that they recognize as Boyztown. That is where the signs were placed decades ago and that is where the one in the frock sits on her high horse. The bars in Soi 2 and 3 are not recognized by her or her commrades as Boyztown and thus the bar owners on soi 2 and 3 are never invited to thier meetings to improve the area of Boyztown.
Sure they have thier little meetings and they have thier little group and decide many things that are good for the area, but we are not invited. We dont exist.
They plan and plot what their off fees should be and their drink prices. They plan who will do what event to make sure they dont step on each others toes on a particular day or time, to make sure they pick their "freinds" as judges for contests and on and on.

Do you get my drift as to why Boyztown has such a problem? I just want to bring customers to the "area". I dont expect ANY customer will stay at my bar for his entire 2 week vacation, but while he is here and in the area, I stand a good chance that at least one night he will patronize my establishment.

I wish we all unified as a group, but until Madame is gone, she will continue to stir the turd and convince the others that they are in this "alone".
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Khor tose
April 22nd, 2011, 10:19
I wish we all unified as a group, but until Madame is gone, she will continue to stir the turd and convince the others that they are in this "alone".
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

I actually think that any gay association would be better off without her. Friom what I've read over the years I would not want to get within a mile of her. However, why does this stop the rest of you "notworthy" from forming your own association?

April 22nd, 2011, 10:37
Good point and I dont know why. She has all the others on Soi 3 scared to anything against her wishes. When I first opened my bar, I asked to be invited to their meetings. I was not. I offerd my assistance in making up an nice color flier with the headline "welcome to Pattaya" and get many bars to join in and make "coupons" for whatever they wanted, discounts, 1/2 price drinks etc. I would have my boys go with me to Bangkok and distribute them on the gay sois to customers in the Soi. I was told it was a great idea, but I had to get madame's approval. Well we opened and brought down 4 hunky numbers from Bangkok and unbeknownst to me (not that I cared anyway) but they showed thier humongous wee wees in the show. Madame sat sternly in the audience during the grand opening show. Three days later she told me when pushed on the flier that the bar owners of the other bars on Soi 3 had decided that this was not a bar that they wanted to "associate themselves with".

When I opened, I was "told" what the prices for drinks and offs were in thier area and was advised to do as they did. After about a month, I decided that since I was not part of their group and I decided that I did have a brain of my own, I decided to break all the rules and charge what I wanted. Many of the bars on Soi 2 and 1 are Thai owned and they do as they want. I would love for the bars to get together and revitalize Boyztown. As many know, I have serious health issues and I am certainly not the strongest to unify them. They have to find themselves a leader. That is why I pulled out of many of the fundraising events that she is involved in because she is the queen. They do it her way. I guess too many people are frightened of her.
:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

lonelywombat
April 22nd, 2011, 12:16
I had a PM that suggested as soi 3 is privately owned that Ambience might hold a big stick over the others heads.

However we have moved forward as we are starting to define who controls soi3 ,maybe who is in as far as madam is concerned and whose not paying [hehe could not resist] I seem to remember that the split between Copa and Cafe Royale was for tax or similar reasons, if that is the case do they act as friendly rivals and co operate. Are Panorama and My Life under her thumb?

At the moment you have yourself, your friends next door New Orleans, and Street Life.

Previously you have mentioned Penthouse, I have stayed there and felt uncomfortable as a gay man.But that was a long time ago.

Hotels like Mercure and Royal Twins could be interested in a joint promotion, and I would believe so would Venue and Poseiden.

Dave mans club seems to have a gay affiliate in soi 1. Have never seen it. Gay night clubs operating all night 7 days would appeal to the young gays, who are not coming at present.

If you became involved then to get the tourists to make your bar their base, would be profitable for you.

To put a package forward to airlines you have to have something to offer. Unfortunately nothing seems to have been considered let alone acted on. Positive thinking produces positive results

Beachlover
April 22nd, 2011, 16:59
The first FB link in Lonely's original post points to this website where there seems to be a new forum on Gay Thailand started last year: http://www.gay.in.th/forum/index.php ... nothing being posted though and the site looks like it was primarily started to generate ad clicks through random browse ons rather than retain users.

She has all the others on Soi 3 scared to anything against her wishes... When I first opened my bar, I asked to be invited to their meetings. I was not.... Madame sat sternly in the audience during the grand opening show... later she told me when pushed on the flier that the bar owners of the other bars on Soi 3 had decided that this was not a bar that they wanted to "associate themselves with".
What a bitch!

I suspect that being rejected by them/her was probably a blessing in disguise as being independent from them enables you to be much more maneuverable as a business.

When I opened, I was "told" what the prices for drinks and offs were in thier area and was advised to do as they did. After about a month, I decided that since I was not part of their group and I decided that I did have a brain of my own, I decided to break all the rules and charge what I wanted...
So there's blatant price fixing in the Boyztown Soi 3 bars... f*ck them then.

April 22nd, 2011, 17:25
Yes, Soi 3 is privately owned but the city does come by periodically and tell them that they must do....whatever. The drainage system and everything is the responsibility of the people on Soi 3 and not the city's. I do know that the artist at the end of the street, Toy Boys, the male massage bar, Serene, New Orleans and now Street Life have all told them where to stick it. In a huff a heavy set balding man who owns 50% of two of the bars on Soi 3, maybe next door to madames and one with a large terrace, got angry because Street Life would not submit to 2,500 for colored lights each month and turned the string above street life, off. When that did not work, they spent all day pulling the lights down over the old Amor. I know that madame and her husband past were the entrapanuers of Boyztown and they must have some sort of influence over the privately owned street. I dont know the details. I am sure Kevin Quill would know.....HEY KEVIN!!! Need a little assist here..... LOL!

pong
April 22nd, 2011, 17:28
So there's blatant price fixing in the Boyztown Soi 3 bars... f*ck them then.
Well,dear, not that I want to mix myself at all in that PTY-strife (have not been there since over 5-6 years), but this is the essence of about any Thai doing bisnis. ANy Thai market has price-''fixing'' or a kartel or a mafia, whatever you wish to name it. Just look at those Phuket taxiboys, tuktuk-drivers, marketladies. And Thai can get very,very nasty to anyone trying to dive under the prices set by those mafiakartelgroups.

Beachlover
April 22nd, 2011, 17:51
Pong, keep in mind these are actually farang business owners, but you're right, price fixing isn't uncommon in Thailand.

April 22nd, 2011, 20:10
She was a bitch even when BBB first opened back in the late 1980's. If a visitor enquired as to where so and so bar was in lets say North pattaya she would often answer with "Oh that bar, it's closed now"

jolyjacktar
April 22nd, 2011, 20:49
I like to stay in a certain Hotel in soi3 and have done for many years. The staff look after me and the person everyone is having a go at as been always helpfull to me and never rude.
Ok im a tourist and visit not too often these days but i wouldnt change my hotel just because a lot of people on here dont like the boss of a place. Long may the Queen reign :tongue3:

April 22nd, 2011, 21:25
I like to stay in a certain Hotel in soi3 and have done for many years. The staff look after me and the person everyone is having a go at as been always helpfull to me and never rude.
Ok im a tourist and visit not too often these days but i wouldnt change my hotel just because a lot of people on here dont like the boss of a place. Long may the Queen reign :tongue3:

KQ Was involved with her, and had his life turned upside down so why don't you ask him?

April 22nd, 2011, 21:28
After a very brief stay in Pattaya one of many over the years I am now working a bit in BKK. I can't see as there is anything left to promote! Empty go go bars, chics with dicks, boys that want to look like girls, Arabs or Russians everywhere, sorry no it would be easier to bring the dead back to life.

April 22nd, 2011, 22:00
After a very brief stay in Pattaya one of many over the years I am now working a bit in BKK. I can't see as there is anything left to promote! Empty go go bars, chics with dicks, boys that want to look like girls, Arabs or Russians everywhere, sorry no it would be easier to bring the dead back to life.

Don't tell me you are a TEFL teacher who passed out top of your class?

April 22nd, 2011, 22:37
Don't tell me you are a TEFL teacher who passed out top of your class?[/quote]combat

Excuse me!

April 23rd, 2011, 00:58
I like to stay in a certain Hotel in soi3 and have done for many years. The staff look after me and the person everyone is having a go at as been always helpfull to me and never rude. Ok im a tourist and visit not too often these days but i wouldnt change my hotel just because a lot of people on here dont like the boss of a place. Long may the Queen reign :tongue3:

Sure they are pleasant. You put money in their pockets! You tip them. Just try changing hotels one time and see how quick their tune changes and what they say about you. You are naieve to think she doesnt say what she means behind your back. Also it is nice to know there are falangs still coming to Pattaya that can afford 180 baht for a 5 baht water and $6.00 US for a cheeseburger made of tough Thai beef. And so on and so on.
:occasion9:

April 23rd, 2011, 03:43
Hi,

I won't get into it all as nearly all of you are well aware of my views and what happened out there to me and who was responsible for it.

Those that don't accept it are either complete morons or they have chosen to do a Pontius Pilate with regards the matter. Similar, all those twats that say ' forgive and foget for the benefit of the Soi or let bygones be bygones' are totally and completely pathetic.

Would they be so keen if there was a little role reversal and they had been in my shoes?....

I have the reports, the paperwork,the real deal from all the Police, I know what happened, what was said and by whom. I know everyone involved and who played what role.

One thing the Thais are notorious for, if they see themselves going down ,they will and did totally spill the beans on all and any to try to rescue their own situation. The main error I made, I went after all those involved including the Police and I wouldn't compromise. I wanted TOTAL justice.

That was too high a price for the Thai Courts with their ' face ' when it suits them to pay and justice was not an option for ' face saving '.. :thebirdman:

I was also offered a sentence for time served on remand and deport for a guilty plea, Well fuck you all in the Courts, I didn't do it,you know it and you can a go go and swivel if you think I am putting my hands up to it.... :laughing3:

ON Topic, Pattayaland Soi 3 is a private soi when any repairs,drainage,electric problems and renewals want doing but a public soi if you put tables and chairs in the street without asking city hall and they want some money from you!.... :evil4:

April 23rd, 2011, 04:16
I was also offered a sentence for time served on remand and deport for a guilty plea, Well fuck you all in the Courts, I didn't do it,you know it and you can a go go and swivel if you think I am putting my hands up to it..... :evil4:

Good for you Kevin, others would have taken the easy route but you are to be commended for sticking to your guns and doing what you considered to be right.

jolyjacktar
April 23rd, 2011, 06:40
Justme..... look im in Pattaya for maybe 2 weeks every couple of years ok. Im treated good at the said Hotel and thats all that matters to me for a holiday.
Ok you might live out there and you see a different side to me. I speak as i find things. I have stayed at other hotels at times over a long period of holidaying in Thailand and some of the staff and bosses have been damn rude or just dont give a dam when you ask for something to get done about a problem with the room or service, these are the places i never go back too.
Ive never had this problem at the hotel in soi3.
I also get on good with the Hotel manager, so no problem there either. And as for prices i eat at different places most nights and the water i drink sure as hell dont cost what you may think. I dont drink alcahol so i dont care what a beer or whisky costs, as the tea and coffee in the room is complementry and most bars a coke or orange are priced ok for me.
Have a good day all :glasses7:

bucknaway
April 23rd, 2011, 07:46
The times are changing and I am sure that given time boyztown will change too.

When I first found Pattaya Boyztown was the only place I partied. Now when I come to Pattaya, Boyztown is where I go when everything else my be closed or full.

Let them keep their Drama and high prices. It can only help other locations sprout-up and compete.

April 23rd, 2011, 09:05
Justme..... look im in Pattaya for maybe 2 weeks every couple of years ok. Im treated good at the said Hotel and thats all that matters to me for a holiday. Ok you might live out there and you see a different side to me. I speak as i find things. I have stayed at other hotels at times over a long period of holidaying in Thailand and some of the staff and bosses have been damn rude or just dont give a dam when you ask for something to get done about a problem with the room or service, these are the places i never go back too.
Ive never had this problem at the hotel in soi3.
I also get on good with the Hotel manager, so no problem there either. And as for prices i eat at different places most nights and the water i drink sure as hell dont cost what you may think. I dont drink alcahol so i dont care what a beer or whisky costs, as the tea and coffee in the room is complementry and most bars a coke or orange are priced ok for me.
Have a good day all :glasses7:

I congradulate you and all the others that have no conscience to stay at a place that is said to have the connections that it has and has the black history of doing the things that were reported in the newspapers that they have done. Drink your complimentary tea and sit back and close your eyes to the things we, as humans should stand up for.

Sure, water is 10 baht in their mini bar, 50 baht in their restaurant and 180 in their bar.Same freaking bttle of water. Drinks cost you one price if you sit directly in front of the restaurant but if you move to smoking or on the other side of reception,(in front of their bar) well that 50 baht water is now 180. Now does that show you that I dont know what I am talking about? Dear, I lived there for 10 years. I DO know. So you sit back on your laurels and watch innocent people like KQuill trunpted off to jail, questionable wills and leaving partner shares to partners and then mysterious deaths due to fires contained in one room etc etc etc, and dont worry about it. Why should you care? You get good service!
:sign5:

thonglor55
April 23rd, 2011, 09:27
Returning to the OP's original question, I would be very surprised if an airline would be giving away free tickets in a Western country for what is clearly the purpose of sex tourism. Pattaya is synonymous with the term in the popular mind. Surely members are aware that the politically correct (the same group that promotes gay marriage) has had legislation passed in most Western countries that makes illegal the promotion of sex tourism and, in some cases, even travelling to a foreign country for the specific purpose of having sex. I'm almost certain that Australia would be one of those countries.

April 23rd, 2011, 09:30
And rather than editing my post, as you all know that one person cant stand that I that I need to add on to my original thought or want to correct spelling, I make this second post. I doubt very seriously that you get your pot of tea or coffee free, and I am sure if you do, it has nothing to do with her royal highness and should she know, well it would stop. Well that is unless you are another one that gets things for free cause you are her dear freind and then the rest of us pay for your free pot o coffee! I used to be allowed to bring and store my own foods and fruits at the hotel but soon found out that rather than storing and cooking for me, well the staff was selling some and eating some! After all she has to make up for what her staff takes!
Why dont you try the Cafe Royale or the NEW Copa? The Copa was designed by her highness so it is exactly the same and Glenn has done improvements.
The Cafe Royale gives you TWICE the size bowl of corn flakes and bananas on top for less than the other gives you a kitten bowl of flakes with a dash of milk.
Recently your hotel removed GRANOLA AND FRUIT on their Healthy Breakfast and now say you get one or the other. I dont drink tea but I remember many customers saying that a 2 cup pot of tea was outrageous. Her answer? Well this is what you would pay in Europe or America? Well dearie, we aint in America or Europe and we came here because things were cheap! Oh I forgot, you and all your partners and families need to eat free and stay free and we have to bear the brunt of the bill.

bucknaway
April 23rd, 2011, 10:43
It must be pure hell for you guys to have to suffer with all those bars, guys and day after day possibilities of fun. Tell us jealous guys how unhappy you all are. PLEASE......... :tongue3:

[attachment=0:1cox52ux]grumpy-old-men.jpg[/attachment:1cox52ux]

Beachlover
April 23rd, 2011, 12:47
I congradulate you and all the others that have no conscience to stay at a place that is said to have the connections that it has and has the black history of doing the things that were reported in the newspapers that they have done.
I agree with this but jolyjacktar probably isn't aware of the alleged history behind the Ambience Hotel Pattaya and Boyz Boyz Boyz Bar and the alleged details behind the death and jailing of their former business partners.

Why not just point him to where he can read about it instead of beating around the bush? I'm sure over 90% of their customers who happily stay at the Ambience Hotel Pattaya for a week or two have no idea of the alleged background either.

I like to stay in a certain Hotel in soi3 and have done for many years... Ok im a tourist and visit not too often these days but i wouldnt change my hotel just because a lot of people on here dont like the boss of a place.
Jolyjacktar, if you're happy with the value for money, service and amenities at Ambience Hotel Pattaya, then fine. What the others are trying to talk about regarding the history of the business and its owners is a different issue, which may make you re-think staying there in the future.

if you're interested, read this:

Background:
http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2010/03/ ... el-trials/ (http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2010/03/16/andrew-drummond-cleared-in-thai-macmafia-libel-trials/)

http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2010/03/ ... -judgment/ (http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2010/03/23/lock-stock-and-two-smoking-boys-the-judgment/)

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/u ... 153648.ece (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article1153648.ece)

Relating to 28-year old Iain Macdonald's (former business partner) death:
http://www.andrew-drummond.com/my-work/ ... oney-will/ (http://www.andrew-drummond.com/my-work/news/iain-macdonald-the-phoney-will/)

http://www.andrew-drummond.com/my-work/ ... statement/ (http://www.andrew-drummond.com/my-work/news/iain-macdonald-the-mothers-statement/)

Relating to Kevin Quill's (former business partner) framing and jailing:
http://www.andrew-drummond.com/my-work/ ... sh-consul/ (http://www.andrew-drummond.com/my-work/news/police-admitted-kevin-quill-was-framed-british-consul/)

Full Story:
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_q ... n12586343/ (http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4156/is_20031005/ai_n12586343/)

Khor tose
April 23rd, 2011, 15:09
I was also offered a sentence for time served on remand and deport for a guilty plea, Well fuck you all in the Courts, I didn't do it,you know it and you can a go go and swivel if you think I am putting my hands up to it..... :evil4:

Good for you Kevin, others would have taken the easy route but you are to be commended for sticking to your guns and doing what you considered to be right.

My thoughts exactly. It is a shame you did not win, but at least you fought the good fight, and I am sure you can sleep at nights. I admire your courage, and while I would not condemn those that take the easy way out, I think people like you provide a far better example for others of what it means to be a man.

lonelywombat
April 23rd, 2011, 15:58
Returning to the OP's original question, I would be very surprised if an airline would be giving away free tickets in a Western country for what is clearly the purpose of sex tourism. Pattaya is synonymous with the term in the popular mind. Surely members are aware that the politically correct (the same group that promotes gay marriage) has had legislation passed in most Western countries that makes illegal the promotion of sex tourism and, in some cases, even travelling to a foreign country for the specific purpose of having sex. I'm almost certain that Australia would be one of those countries.

From Thaiairways website

THAI flies 44 times a week from Australia non-stop to Thailand. There are 18 weekly flights from Sydney to Bangkok; double daily flights from Melbourne; and 5 flights a week from Brisbane. From 16 Apr'11, Brisbane will operate daily non-stop flights to Thailand.

From Perth, THAI has daily flights to Bangkok, including three via Phuket, Southern Thailand's international gateway to the Andaman coast resort areas.

Add to this BA, Qantas, Emirates,Jetstar there are so many airlines who are aghast they might be transporting sex tourists. No one has ever mentioned it. Watch the advertising explode. I can only guess they might be interested in getting thousands more per week.

April 23rd, 2011, 17:06
Beachy, your obsession with Messrs L & M (how appropriate to be named after a pkt of fags :hello1: ) appears to know no bounds - but you are missing the vital point -

Many (most?) pooves would have been quite happy to stay at Adolf's place at Berchtesgaden, had there been rentboys on the street outside. That, I'm afraid sums up the moral compass of many gay men.

- so you are banging your head off a brick wall to an extent.

:occasion9:

April 23rd, 2011, 17:28
Many (most?) pooves would have been quite happy to stay at Adolf's place at Berchtesgaden, had there been rentboys on the street outside. That, I'm afraid sums up the moral compass of many gay men.

- so you are banging your head off a brick wall to an extent. :occasion9:

I'm pleased you said 'most' Scotty as I have always given that place a wide berth ever since young Iain was, shall we say found to have died (and lost a few fingers) after a mysterious fire that only occured in his room!

BTW I'm always pleased when this topic raises it's ugly head again as it should not ever be brushed under the carpet no matter how many years pass. And that is not an obsession my friend.

jinks
April 23rd, 2011, 17:39
I am not pleased that the seculation and gossip gets regurgitated every year.

I am not willing to read every bit of crap just to be sure it's legal.

CLOSED.