PDA

View Full Version : Vincent's and Penquin House

cameroncat
April 22nd, 2011, 04:46
After 4 years of not having to worry about a hotel (I would stay with my now EX Thai BF), I will need a place in the Sathorn/Silom Bangkok area for a two month period starting in December. I want a place that gives at least some break for monthly rates. Anyone have any experience with Vincent's or Penguin House? The Blooms is by far the cheapest, but it's a long walk down a street with no sidewalk and they only service the room twice a week.

gaymandenmark
April 22nd, 2011, 06:58
I think Vinecent is a really nice place to stay.
The only problem is, if you are a light sleeper, that the room into the street can a bit nousy, from Soi Ngnam Duplee. Never the less I can only recommende Vincent and the 7 rooms, Vinsent and his staff is very nice and how to say it..is fun.
You would have no problems staying there.
Also I am sure you can make a great deal staying there longer

Sorry I dont know anything about the Penquin House but would love to know.,

cameroncat
April 22nd, 2011, 08:51
Vincent's standard size room is 900 baht a day if you book for a month. Penguin house is 700baht. I don't know what the "overnight visitor" policy is for either one. :dontknow:

yaraboy
April 22nd, 2011, 11:17
I would love to stay at Vincents but 5 of the 7 rooms are too noisy........but for 2 months maybe you can secure a quiet one...........Apartments can be rented in that area reasonably

bucknaway
April 23rd, 2011, 05:52
I have stayed at Vincent's many times and never thought it to be noisy.
I loved the staff and the place and only wished it were closer to Silom (it is a stones throw from the Malaysia Hotel)

bucknaway
April 25th, 2011, 03:19
I went to the website and sent an e-mail to Vincent asking about his policy on joiners and have not received a reply as of yet.

gaymandenmark
April 25th, 2011, 03:23
I have stayed at Vincent's many times and never thought it to be noisy.
I loved the staff and the place and only wished it were closer to Silom (it is a stones throw from the Malaysia Hotel)

For me it can not be closer to Silom, because I dont want to stay in the Silom area. Maybe it is also because I have always, in 15 years, been staying in the Sathorn area, and I like it.

There will be no problems of joiners, they even have a security guy on the front door.

searcher
April 25th, 2011, 10:25
"Vincent s" has been my "Home from home" for several years, I never found it to be too noisy. V. has security and of course joiners are no problem and there is no "joiner fee".

bucknaway
April 26th, 2011, 08:10
I know when I was last there that there was no joiners fee but sometimes things change like the did in the Pinnacle. I have not stayed at the Pinnacle in years so I don't know if the Pinnacle has come to terms with joiners or not.

April 26th, 2011, 13:56
I wonder about no reply from Vincent. He just arrived back in Bangkok after holiday in Ireland. Any hotel can give you monthly rate if you ask.

cameroncat
April 27th, 2011, 08:57
Actually, Many Hotels don't have Monthly rates in High Season when I plan on being there (Dec and Jan). Vincent is there, he sent me an email yesterday to thank me for making the reservation. Anyone has any experience with the WiFi signal at Vincent's? Some places have really spotty WiFi (and some charge extra for the crappy signal). I gotta have reliable internet access.