PDA

View Full Version : so what was songkran like

billy2bs
April 18th, 2011, 22:23
So now that Sonkran is over. please tell what it was like in Bkk and Pattaya. I want to plany maybe to be in one of those 2 next year if it is lively enough to be around. I dont want to go there at that time if it is dead in Bkk or Pattays. Pattaya preferably for the beach.

cdnmatt
April 18th, 2011, 22:58
Can't speak for BKK or Pattaya, but KK was shitty. Well, I'm sure it was good, but my experience wasn't, especially considering how excited I was for it. First day (12th), Kim insisted I absolutely must party with him. Sure enough, the dumbass takes me to morlam (issan concert), which he knows I don't mind, but don't particularly like either. Then I got stuck sitting with some German cunt, who shows up to Thailand 3 times a year for 2 weeks at a time to fuck cheap whores, and had to listen to him go on all about how Thai people are. Hate people like that, especially when they don't have the slightest clue as to what they're talking about.

Next day was good. Friend came by in his truck with a drum full of water in the back. So the whole family got in, and we cruised around town throwing water around. That was pretty much the highlight of Songkran. Then my friend and I went to the market, had some beers, and played around in the water with the kids there, which was pretty decent.

Next day I was thinking of heading into town alone, but my friend insisted I come with him. Said he knows of a great place, we'll go out and have a blast with his BF and friends, etc. I ended up sitting in the truck all day, listening to 60 year old country & western music, bored out of my mind. Maybe only the last 30 mins in the day, I decided hell with it, and hopped into the back of the truck with everyone. Then I had to come home to a drunk Kim bitching at me, because I went out with a bunch of gay guys, and accusing me of cheating. Honey, I don't know them, don't like them, and they don't seem to like me -- so no worries honey.

Last day wasn't anything special either. Everyone here just sat around, played cards, and watched TV. I went out on my own for a bit, but wasn't very pumped up for it I guess, so only lasted a couple hours. And yeah, not the answer you were looking for, and not sure why I wrote all that, but there ya go!

billy2bs
April 19th, 2011, 01:22
Ok so maybe I cross of KK for next year.

lonelywombat
April 19th, 2011, 13:01
On gaybuttons forum there is a large thread and aussie has posted some good pics, that looked fun. There is also a link to GTT for pics of Songkran in Chiang Mai.

Some eye candy even if the rest is not of interest to you.

http://www.gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic. ... 5&start=70 (http://www.gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2765&start=70)

thonglor55
April 19th, 2011, 16:20
The Kingdom is in uproar, so the Bangkok Post reports, over two girls who flashed their tits on Silom. Apparently there's a video on Youtube. The road kill was down.

Beachlover
April 19th, 2011, 20:13
Then I got stuck sitting with some German cunt, who shows up to Thailand 3 times a year for 2 weeks at a time to fuck cheap whores, and had to listen to him go on all about how Thai people are. Hate people like that, especially when they don't have the slightest clue as to what they're talking about.
Next time you meet a worthless farang like that, tell him to f*ck off back to where he came from.

newalaan
April 19th, 2011, 21:04
who shows up to Thailand for 2 weeks at a time to fuck cheap whores, and had to listen to him go on all about how Thai people are. Hate people like that, especially when they don't have the slightest clue as to what they're talking about.By all means bitch about a boring old farang disrespecting Thais, I dislike that myself, but be careful of how far you go, if you have ever 'fucked a cheap whore' yourself while visiting Thailand, then your are in no position to criticise others. I'll give you the benefit of young niavety in this occasion.

Next time you meet a worthless farang like that, tell him to f*ck off back to where he came fromLikewise as above BL, I woudn't be so quick to jump in with your criticism of holidaymakers who come to Thailand for 2 weeks at a time to fuck cheap whores, I remember your admitting to having your share of fucking cheap whores in Thailand yourself when I asked you if you had paid for sex with a boy you took from a bar. As suggested before, there are some things you would be much better keeping quiet about. If you've fucked a cheap whore once or one hundred times,which you have, it still puts you in the 'fucking cheap whores' basket yourself.

please tell what it was like in Bkk and Pattaya. I want to plan maybe to be in one of those 2 next year if it is lively enough to be aroundThis year I gave Songkran a miss. Last year I was in both Bkk and Pattaya for Songkran. I enjoyed Bkk much more because even in the farang enclave that is silom/suriwong there is none of the madness of large parts of Pattaya..all the beach road sois etc... Also the Bkk rachada clubs/bars, rachada soi 8, GStar have fantasic Songkran celebrations and no insane farang nonsense to spoil it.
Last day wasn't anything special either. Everyone here just sat around, played cards, and watched TVThe area around my bf's village 70km from KK, start songkran on the 9th and finish 15th as they have done for generations. Large chunks of this are more about playing cards, sitting around. It wasn't till I started visiting the village regularly that I realised just how much of this card playing goes on. Many who would never play during the rest of the year, my bf included, somehow get caught up in it at songkran and always at funerals too. The old hands make a fair bit as the once a year suckers lose what they can't afford to. Work a very hard 8 hours planting/cutting rice for Bt150 to chuck it away on cards, thats just some of the mentality you come across in the 'sticks'. Last year bf lost over bt500, thats the profit from the sale of 10 tee shirts, this year it was only bt200.....he's getting there.

Beachlover
April 19th, 2011, 21:25
I woudn't be so quick to jump in with your criticism of holidaymakers who come to Thailand for 2 weeks at a time to fuck cheap whores
You might've missed the point here Alaan. I don't speak for Matt, but I suspect it wasn't the "2 weeks at a time to fuck cheap whores" which Matt had an issue with. It was the listening to "him go on all about how Thai people are"... which I agree with.

Ive no issue alone with farang who go to Thailand to f*ck prostitutes... it's when they've been hanging around nothing but prostitutes and the poorest working class Thais and they start assuming all Thai people are like the ones they hang around with that pisses me off... or when they're just arseholes without any sense of common decency and charm who think they're entitled to be served and treated like royalty by Thais.

newalaan
April 19th, 2011, 22:05
You might've missed the point here AlaanNo! the point was not missed, well not by me anyway.
but I suspect it wasn't the "2 weeks at a time to fuck cheap whores" which Matt had an issue withAnd THAT is the very point BL. If It's not about having a dig at those who do visit Thailand for 2 weeks to fuck cheap whores, it's best not to say it in the first place. It is also best not to agree with it if you've done that yourself.That was the point.
It was the listening to "him go on all about how Thai people are"... which I agree with.and I agree with that too that's why i said.....
farang disrespecting Thais, I dislike that myself, but be careful of how far you go, And that's why i said but be careful of how far you go, in other words don't be criticising the part about fucking cheap whores when you are equally guilty. Have you got the point now?

Beachlover
April 19th, 2011, 22:12
The point I was making was I don't think Matt was criticising the cheap 2 week whoring thing. He was attacking the "going on about how Thai people are" thing.

Whether the German's whoring was worth mentioning... well, I think it helps paint the picture.

cdnmatt
April 19th, 2011, 23:36
By all means bitch about a boring old farang disrespecting Thais, I dislike that myself, but be careful of how far you go, if you have ever 'fucked a cheap whore' yourself while visiting Thailand, then your are in no position to criticise others.

Ohhh, don't get me wrong, I have no issues with sex tourists. I've been a sex tourist many times, and hell, why wouldn't I be? It's great fun! No inibitions, 24x7 party, never know what's going to happen in the next hour, let alone next day, etc. It's great.

However, please understand I live here... this is my home, my neighborhood, my city, my family, my entire life, etc. I live in a totally different reality than someone who shows up for a couple week a couple times a year to party. Again, absolutely nothing wrong with that, but I don't have the patience or energy to spend my time with people like that, especially when they assume to know everything about Thailand.

I'll give you the benefit of young niavety in this occasion.

And here's a prime example of what I mean. Just because you're older than me, you think you understand Thailand, Thai people, and Thai culture more than me? Get fucking real... you're probably just another of the typical jackass farangs I see all over the place, with whom I have absolutely no desire to converse with.

billy2bs
April 20th, 2011, 05:42
Hey you dumbasses! Cut the crapH I did not ask the question of who or what whore you came to have it on with. I asked what the scenario was this past week during Songkran. Just leave you stupid bickering about nothing somwewhere else. Since it was my question posed, I take exception to you pettinesses to make it personal. Go jump in a lake or some other deep pool of water.
So where were we? Oh yes..Songkran...what was the atmosphere?

Billy :laughing3:

newalaan
April 20th, 2011, 05:58
Hey you dumbasses! Cut the crapH I did not ask the question of who or what whore you came to have it on with. I asked what the scenario was this past week during SongkranIt's been answered, can't you read? And what? you the new moderator in town mr billy2bs? I wasn't addressing you..butt out! I'll answer what i want, with who and how i want. Now if you've something else to add about songkran get on with it otherwise.......

Just because you're older than me, you think you understand Thailand, Thai people, and Thai culture more than me? What are you babbling on about...what a crock of complete and utter fucking crap......see here's a prime example of what i mean about niavety.Who said anything about knowing about thai culture, Thai people or understanding Thailand more than you or anybody.....Take a deep breath go back and READ what I actually posted I said NOTHING about any of that you dipstick. You complained about a farang, YOU are a farang, coming to Thailand for cheap sex, as YOU did..
I've been a sex tourist many timesit IS niave to accuse another farang of doing EXACTLY what you did yourself...and according to you, you ARE young. Which one of those facts do you want me to go back and change to make you feel better about yourself.

you're probably just another...blah blah blah I could give a flying shit what you THINK you know about me or what I know and don't know, because you don't have a clue do you?

However, please understand I live here... this is my home, my neighborhood, my city, my family, my entire life, etc Maybe you are young but you sound EXACTLY like an old, typical been-there, done-that expat who after a whole 10 fucking minutes of living in Thailand suddenly knows ALL there is to know. Do me a favour. Doesn't matter how old you are there is always something new to learn about a new country. And what has any of that got to do with it? You were bitching about farang coming to thailand to fuck cheap whores, and you did EXACTLY the same thing yourself.....that's what i picked you up on, not the rest of the stuff you are droning on about.

typical jackass farangs I see all over the place And you're not?
with whom I have absolutely no desire to converse with.And you actually think that i'm bothered about that? you dummy, I avoid farangs like the plague when in Thailand, NEVER interact with them, usually it's the older ones you need to avoid, but now i realise i'll have to make sure i avoid the younger know-it-all wankers too. I go there to meet Thais, mix with Thais, I dont come half way round the world to converse with some jumped up full of himself fat-mouthed North American I can guarantee you that. And while we're at it, calling Thai sex workers 'cheap whores' doesn't give me the feeling you understand all there is to know about the country you call home.

cdnmatt
April 20th, 2011, 06:30
http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo14/Wayne8559/drop_kick.gif

heh, anyway...

I avoid farangs like the plague when in Thailand, NEVER interact with them

So then why were you so condascending before, when the exact same farangs I was bitching about, you say you avoid like the plague? There's a word for that... hypocrite.

You obviously underestand what I'm talking about, so really, would you want to be stuck drinking beer for two hours with someone like that on the first day of Songkran? Sitting there, listening to some guy go off about how wonderful and charming Thailand is, and how open sexuality is here. Then of course, proceeds to tell you how stupid Thai people are, and goes on about how they should be running their own country. You know what I mean...

lonelywombat
April 20th, 2011, 07:41
Back on topic. Songkran is now over and the thread on gaybutton is 9 pages and incldudes more pics by aussie and some video clips.

Gave me a new impression od songkran. Some great eye candy as well.

http://www.gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2765

Khor tose
April 20th, 2011, 12:39
Back on topic. Songkran is now over and the thread on gaybutton is 9 pages and incldudes more pics by aussie and some video clips.

Gave me a new impression od songkran. Some great eye candy as well.

http://www.gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2765

Most of the pictures come from Bob in Chiang Mai where we had three days of water sports with no fights seen. Here in Chiang Mai it is not a holiday but one of the top events of the year. Well worth a trip to see.

newalaan
April 20th, 2011, 18:03
the thread on gaybutton is 9 pages and incldudes more pics by aussie and some video clipsYes I've got to say this type of thread is the only reason to bother visiting GBT nowadays, so it's worth an occassional quick check of the thread headings from time to time. Worth importing this type of thread over to SGT.

I know it's off topic, but it's now part of this thread as far as i'm concerned so if you dont like the following just skip past it
So then why were you so condascending before, when the exact same farangs I was bitching about, you say you avoid like the plague? There's a word for that... hypocrite.The ONLY bit i referenced was the coming to 'fuck cheap whores' bit, the rest I agreed with and said so. The hypocracy as you correctly point out which was present, was your accusation of others coming to 'fuck cheap whores' when you indulge yourself, likewise Beachlover.
You know what I mean...I know exactly what you mean and thus my avoidance of other farangs where possible, but I do it as politely as I can, unless the farang is persistant. Why did you waste so much of your time with him in the first place? i would have been making my excuses to move on 10 minutes into the conversation, or the second he started on wth any shit.

What i took issue with is you on this occassion, but more to the point was Beachlover's ongoing tiresome obsession with putting down all/any farangs he regards as sex tourists and sexpats for chasing after cheap prostitutes when he does exactly the same himself,I just think there are times when it's best to choose words more carefully.

Now, any more snippets from songkran in the sticks? I only have my bfs version to chew over from his area.

cdnmatt
April 20th, 2011, 21:54
Why did you waste so much of your time with him in the first place? i would have been making my excuses to move on 10 minutes into the conversation, or the second he started on wth any shit.

Kim's friends put me with him to be nice, so I'd have someone to talk English with. He was Kim's friend's aunt's brother's niece's gigk, or some bloody thing. I don't know who he was, but it was one of those situations where it would have been bad manners not to play along. Besides, it was either that, or dance with the 40yo, drunken fat lady who wouldn't stop hitting me. Just no winning that day. :-)

Anyway, in typical SGT style, we totally blew that little event out of proportion.

it's best to choose words more carefully.

Ahhh, so we're in agreement, except for my semantics and choice of words. Sounds goods!