PDA

View Full Version : This is what I liked when I was last in Pattaya.

bucknaway
April 16th, 2011, 11:05
The first time I visited Pattaya I stayed at Le Cafe Royal and also let them handle my transportation to their hotel. I was in my room with a friend when I received a call from reception letting me know that my driver was in the lobby waiting for me. My friend helped me with my bags and once we were in the lobby there was my very handsome driver in a sharp Pink Shirt. Right away I could tell it was a uniform and my Asian friend, like me, was impressed. He whispered many compliments to me about the driver. The driver was very friendly and Professional, the car was clean, looked new and was comfortable. As I said goodbye to my friend, he had to know what hotel I was booked with and where the driver came from. I told him Le Cafe Royal and his only reply was "Wow."

The driver and the car provided me with a very good feeling and once we arrived at Le Cafe Royal, the driver let them know who I was along with other information and handled my bags. The Hotel staff made it seem as if I was doing them a favor by staying there. One day I asked the host about travel to Chiang Mai and he asked me about the details and took care of it for me and got me a better travel deal than I could have gotten on my own.

They also had a deal with Throbb that allowed me to charge my drinks to my room which came in handy! Once the check came I would just right my room number on it and my initials and that was that.

I was not thrilled with staying in Boyztown but I was Proud to be staying at the LeCafe Royal.

When I returned home and told my friends about my time in Thailand, I mostly told them about LeCafe Royal and Throbb.

Now when I talk to my friends about Pattaya, I tell them about Krazy Dragon.

a447
April 16th, 2011, 17:56
Buck, have you stayed at the Ambiance across the soi? Just wondering about a comaprison between the 2. I always stay at the Ambiance but often wondered whether I should make the change. What did you pay per night?
And what did you like about Krazy Dragon? Last year when I was there, they didn't have many guys. Is it different now?

bucknaway
April 16th, 2011, 21:36
I will only say that LeCafe Royal and Ambiance were a lot alike. But when I was at the Ambiance I considered checking out and going across the street to the LeCafe Royale but they were fully booked. The difference was service. The staff was not as attentive as I had hoped. They asked if there was anything they could do for me and when they were asked to help, all they did was point and inform me as to where to get what I wanted where LeCafe Royal would seem all to happy to help me get what I wanted or get it for me.

If I remember correctly, I booked what was listed as an Jr. Executive for about 1700 baht at LCR and the matching room at Ambiance. Now I prefer to stay in a Condo.

I was last in Thailand in October. I met a guy in Bangkok who spent time with me in Pattaya as a self invited guest and we made the rounds to the bars. The thing I liked about Krazy Dragon was the guys, some nights were better than others. I had fun tipping the guys 20 baht at a throw and they seem to truly appreciate the tips. It's hard for me to explain the fun, I can only say that I was smiling when they seated me and I was smiling when I left.