PDA

View Full Version : TJ's Travel Tip - Get 100,000 miles - Come to Thailand

travelerjim
April 14th, 2011, 07:09
TJ's Travel Tip - Get 100,000 ff miles FREE...

Hello Friends from USA,

This is NOT spam...it is just a helpful travel tip for you...

As a frequent flier traveler, I do like to get travel perks and
I do my best to "work the system"..
to get as many frequent flier miles as possible...FREE or next to FREE!

This deal from British Airways is among the BEST ever offered...
as reported on frequentflier.com newsletter:

http://blog.frequentflier.com/2011/04/t ... cards.html (http://blog.frequentflier.com/2011/04/the-comeback-100000-miles-for-british-airways-credit-cards.html)

If accepted for their British Airways Visa Card (issued by Chase Bank)
you can receive 100,000 frequent flyer miles in the British Air Club.

Since American Airlines is a partner airline with British Air, as well as
other airlines are partner airlines, free flights
can be earned and flown on American Airlines and others.

Go for It! 100,000 miles will earn you up to two FREE flights to Europe from USA...
a trip to Bangkok, Thailand....Asia, and to many more destinations around the world.

Act quickly, apply NOW as in last years 100,000 miles promotion by British Air,
they pulled the promo without notice.

Note that the annual fee is $95.00 ....a cheap fee for 100,000 miles!
..and you can cancel anytime...after the first year...and keep your miles.

Get 50,000 miles on first purchase
+ added 50,000 when spend $2,000 in first 3 months...total of 100,000 miles.

Hope this helps you get some real valuable miles...
Get Out & Smell the Roses, While You Can!"

You can apply for yourself ...100,000 ...
and again for others - your partner - in your family...+ 100,000 each...
and also apply for your business too...100,000 + 100,000..

Oh my...that would result in
100,000, 200,000, 300,000 or 400,000 miles and more...
just think of the possibilities.

Good Luck & Happy Travels...

tj

travelerjim
April 14th, 2011, 08:40
OOPS! Correction...
My error, Thai Air is not part of same alliance
as British Air & American Air
But still a great deal!
tj

fedssocr
April 14th, 2011, 09:03
Cathay Pacific is also a member of One World, and a great carrier to Asia using these miles, especially in F class.

Among the nice aspects of this BA Visa card is that it accumulates 1.25 miles per US$1 spent and no foreign transaction fees. Those two things make this card more useful than most.

Note also that you can also get 75K free miles on AA by signing up for their Citibank Visa and/or Amex card (it is possible to get both if you play it right and collect 150K miles). Fee waived the first year, get the miles after $1500 spend in the first 6 months. see post #2 here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuz ... bonus.html (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/1110784-american-airlines-card-75-000-sign-up-bonus.html)

Another nice thing about these plans is that you can get one way awards. So, you could get a one way award using AA miles and then another one way using BA miles for the return. BA has different mileage requirements depending on whether you fly BA only, one partner only, more than one partner or BA plus a partner. So that is a little complicated.

The bottom line is that 100K miles gets you well on your way to a "free" business class or first class flight.

GWMinUS
April 16th, 2011, 05:05
Maybe to Europe, but not to Bangkok or other points in Asia.
I have 60,000 miles on American Airlines and another 32,500 miles on Cathy Pacific. Both part of OneWorld Alliance.
BUT
try to use them...

AA says they only have Business Class to the Philippines, 55,000 miles, one-way. Thank you.
Economy is 35,000, but ALL GONE even in January.

And Cathy Pacific is worst.
Their web site says 90,000 RT for Economy, LAX to MNL to LAX, so 45,000 miles each way.
But when you go to book a Flight the requirement is 120,000 or 145,000 miles depending on the date.
Looking closely, this is also for Business Class.
So AA will give you Business Class for 110,000 miles and CP wants 120,000 miles.
:crybaby:

What can I say. Of course they still have "paid fare" economy seats available.
US$1,200 to $1,350.
:thebirdman:

Hotman

fedssocr
April 17th, 2011, 22:25
Typically you need to book 330 days in advance for the best selection. But sometimes you can get a seat very close to departure. Business and first class awards to Asia from NA do require a lot of miles, but they are halfway around the world. That's what is so great about these free bonus miles, they allow you to have enough miles to book premium class seats for little cash layout. It helps to have flexible dates. And I have found that it often helps to call the airline, and if the first agent can't/won't find what you want, call back again and talk to some one else. You can also use tools like Expert Flyer or AwardNexus to determine if open award seats are available before you contact the airline.

Brad the Impala
April 18th, 2011, 01:30
Typically you need to book 330 days in advance for the best selection.

Wow, you guys really plan ahead!

jinks
April 18th, 2011, 02:16
Wow, you guys really plan ahead!

Every December trip is booked by February.

lonelywombat
April 18th, 2011, 11:52
I applied for the special offer and was rejected-" available for US residents only'

Pity as I can only get Qantas 1 point for $2 spend here in OZ. I dont want AMEX.

bucknaway
April 24th, 2011, 19:08
I want to try Korean Air this time. I had a friend fly with them and he seem to like them a lot. I did a search for a credit card offering a mileage deal with Korean Air and could only find a card offering 15,000 miles at the most.
http://www.usbank.com/cgi_w/cfm/credit/ ... ss_sig.cfm (http://www.usbank.com/cgi_w/cfm/credit/korean_air/usb_skypass_sig.cfm)

fedssocr
April 25th, 2011, 09:55
For Korean you may want to pick another SkyTeam carrier for collecting miles. I guess that would mean Delta which I have not heard great things about. But you would likely have better partner miles-earning opportunities in the US with them. I am not all that familiar with SkyTeam since I travel most with Star Alliance but am now getting a lot of credit card bonus miles on OneWorld partners. But you should eventually be able to book a partner award with Korean using Delta miles.

blazer
May 22nd, 2011, 04:25
Just got my BA Chase card in the mail for the 100K bonus. That is a great find, TJ!

BA also lets you book one way awards at half the round trip rate, and free stopovers en route, even on one way tickets. No fuel surcharge yet to Latin America or within USA.

On top of that, all foreign transaction fees on this card waived (normally up to 3%) regardless of the country you use it in, so great for use outside of USA.