PDA

View Full Version : Random thoughts on a recent visit

anonone
April 10th, 2011, 07:01
I posted this in another forum as well, but I am not sure how many members check multiple sites. I really appreciate hearing of the happenings in the Pattaya area when I am stuck in the doldrums of home, so I am posting here as well (with minor edits)....in case anyone is interested in my particular point of view.

To begin with the mundane, Immigration upon late evening arrival once easy. Walked right up to the desk and was through in about a minute. Awesome.

On this visit, I elected to stay again in the Sunee Plaza area. Last visit, I stayed in Jomtien and found it just not as convenient. In my opinion, the value in the Sunee area combined with the location is just ideal. A quick 5 minute walk to Boyztown or a quick walk to the main street to catch a moving song taew to Jomtien. In addition, there are several bars in Sunee that seemed to stay open a bit later, so that is usually where I end up as the night progresses anyway.

Overall, it was a great trip. Lots of fun times; lots of beautiful guys.

The bars....

Krazy Dragon
Stopped in a couple of times. One of my usual favorites, but seemed very quiet during both my visits. Bought a couple guys drinks and while chatting, learned that one night was an Isan concert that lured alot of the guys away from work. Probably about 8 guys working, and all were looking good and eager to chat. Again noticed that several of the guys were not wearing the KD shorts, but instead had on briefs. Bought one a drink and learned the briefs were an option for those guys that were a bit more cock shy, at least according to him. I can attest that several of the short-wearing guys remained not cock shy at all.

Drinks remained at 99baht, both customer and staff. I am not sure why this place is not as busy. Maybe I was just there at off times, but I still think this is one of the better gogo bars, including a nice mix of body types.

Copa
Several visits to the Copa and just as impressed with it as during the last trip. Very enjoyable cabaret show. Good mix of humorous lady boy routines, with actual audience interaction. A whole lot of fun. In addition, the musical numbers were original and well done, and not repeated on any of my visits. Not the usual boring songs at work here.

The gogo boys are a real mixed lot. Range from the muscular to the fem, everything in between. Lots of smiles and playful attitudes. There also seemed to be more of them working then during my last visit in January. The wait staff are some of the best, very attentive without constantly scheming for drinks.

The only negative to the place is the underwater show. It just does not do anything for me. Not revealing, nor overly sexy to my tastes. Others may enjoy it, but not my thing.

Happy Place
Still a nice place to visit. You certainly get the vibe that the place is well run. The boys are friendly, comfortable environment, reasonable drinks. They still have the slow rotation where 5 or 6 guys are on stage. When the song ends, one guy leaves and one new guy comes up on stage and they stay that way for an entire song. Then repeat. It seems to make the boys more engaged as they are not on stage forever, but just seems very slow to me as a customer.

A new feature I noticed....2 bells hanging from the ceiling in front of the dance stage. According to the signs, if you ring one of the bells, every dancer on stage gets a drink. The other bell I think was all staff members get a drink. Interesting idea, and I really like that Happy Place is always trying new things. And no, I did not ring either bell nor did anyone else during my visit.

I caught some of the new show and it seemed OK. I have to be honest and say I can't remember many of the details. It starts off pretty bad with every gogo boy having to be on the small stage doing some lame choreographed dance number that seems to go on forever. It is the one time when the guys really seemed bored to death and just didn't want to do it. Pretty bad lady boy lip sync number, a revealing cock show if I remember correctly....a couple guys involved.

YaYa's place
Again, another fun place to visit. Cocktail of the month was back and the guys are just as friendly as ever. I get the sense there is a real bond between the boys here, something I am sure Ya puts great effort into. Unfortunately, I didn't get to spend a lot of time here this trip. I was impressed that on my first night in town, walking past YaYa's for the first time, I was immediately remembered by both Ya and a couple of the guys. Either I am much more attractive then I imagined, or these guys have incredible memories. Either way, good for the ego.

X boys (I think)
I feel rather foolish to admit this, but I really cannot recall with certainty the name of this one. It is Boyztown area, maybe on Pattayaland 3? A Thai friend and I wandered into it for a cock show, and we were not disappointed. This was not any type of ladyboy / cabaret type of performance.

Started with some break dancers that I don't believe were associated with the bar. They were fun to watch, but circulated through the audience after their performance for tips. A very defined-muscle guy with a hulu hoop was next. Very talented hips on that guy, as he will again demonstrate later in the evening.

A big cock parade commenced, with 6 or so guys taking turns on the cat walk for a bit of a peek. A golf putting green was then produced on stage and these same 6 guys took turns giving the golf ball a "willy whack" in an effort to score a hole in one. Some baht in the cup provided additional incentive. All I will say here is some of these guys were using a very large club.

I was then a bit surprised when a full on fuck show started up. First time I have seem this type of Bangkok show in Pattaya. The slim but well defined muscle man showed back up to put those hips at work with gusto. He was also one of the 6 parade participants earlier....a very versatile and well endowed performer.

There was no wandering through the audience; all the action was on stage. But it certainly was a lot of fun and the guys were all smiling and having a great time.

Wild West Boys
One visit here and it was OK. Not the best place in town. Rotation of dancers is on the Happy Place method and it just seems to slow for me. Did not seem very busy and the guys seemed to abandon the bar as soon as possible to hang out in the outer lobby and smoke.

The Corner Bar
Visited a couple of times later in the evening and was impressed with the staff here...a lot. A laid-back, fun place with a pool table and the willingness to stay open late. And did I mention the impressive staff here? Seriously, the wait staff was very friendly and full of energy. These guys were not just sitting around waiting for the night to end. I will certainly be spending more time here on future trips.

Missed Places
As I am putting these thoughts together, I realize I failed to stop into Happy Boys Bar, which is usually a very good time. I really don't know how I missed this one. I also meant to stop into Eros, to see the changes there first hand.

I think that wraps up the bar list. I may have dropped into others, but either did not have a strong opinion or have simply forgotten to list them.

Jomtien
Played a bit of pool in a Jomtien bar, but I can't recall the name. It is across the street from Two Faces. Had 3 very nice tables, but charged 20 baht a game. Come to think of it, I think Two Faces charges for their table as well. Is this a Jomtien thing?

T-N-T Disco
I did experience my first visit to T-N-T disco. Had a blast and partied with my group of guys until the sun was way up. Not someplace I would wander into on my own, but with the right group of guys, an absolute exhilarating experience. Again, certainly on my list for the next trip. This is one of those to take advantage of when you have the right group on a roll and just want to keep on going.

Dongtan Beach
I do want to mention Dongtan beach. I am becoming more disappointed with this area. Literally had a large contingent of a Russian extended family descend onto my little oasis and just killed it for me one day. I felt bad for the beach staff for having to deal with them (and all their liquor they brought over from the 7-11). The only other visit I made to the beach was just dull. Very little Thai activity, not much eye candy around, pretty lame.

It was standard for me to spend most days on the beach, but it is quickly losing the appeal. Anyone have ideas for other day time activity? I detest shopping and really don't have a desire for the more routine touristy things. Beside Gay Romeo, are there daytime options that I am missing out on? Not necessarily for full on pickups, but someplace reliable to meet some guys and chat and such. I don't think the bars really get going until 3 or so in Jomtien, and even later in Sunee....correct? Any ideas gratefully received.

Massage
Despite my intentions to get a massage in the Day Night area, it just did not work out. I did get a chance to wander around a bit, but it was during the day so nothing much to report. I am keeping it on the list for further exploration as I have not ventured around this area much at all.

I did get a massage at Copa, and was pretty disappointed in the experience. This was due more to the guy then the place. The room was nicely appointed and the price was reasonable. A different choice in guy may have made all the difference here. Oh well, there are worse ways to spend an hour.

We com to the end of one particular poster's view on the world of Pattaya. No real complaints, an excellent time, and of course looking for a speedy return.

thonglor55
April 10th, 2011, 08:25
Also known as "Homo thoughts from abroad"? Unlike so many others who write here, I can speak only for myself - this is the one site I visit and the pacemaker is constantly in need of a re-bore once I finish reading the entertainment currently being provided by Surflover and Beachcrest.

a447
April 10th, 2011, 10:59
Speaking of X-boys in Pattayaland (soi 2 ??), I went there last year and saw the fuck show. i got talking to a young girl outside the bar later and she said that he was her boyfriend. She was from Finland or Norway if I recall. She said she had no problems with him having sex with guys for money. She did say that the both of them had a great sex life and that his cock was a huge attraction for her.
I said it was a huge attraction for me, too.
I also remember going to an upstairs bar around that area last year but can't remember the name. It was fully packed with punters, but I didn't find anyof the guys attractive. Does anyobne know which bar I'm talking about? Anyone been there?
I'll be back in LOS next week and hope to do a bar report every day from either Bangkok or Pattaya.

thonglor55
April 10th, 2011, 11:27
It was fully packed with punters, but I didn't find anyof the guys attractive. Does anyobne know which bar I'm talking about? A bar in Pattaya full of unattractive boys? There are so many.

Rolling Stone
April 10th, 2011, 12:56
Speaking of X-boys in Pattayaland (soi 2 ??)

I also remember going to an upstairs bar around that area last year but can't remember the name. It was fully packed with punters, but I didn't find anyof the guys attractive. Does anyobne know which bar I'm talking about?

I think X-Boys is on Soi 1 (not that matters :D) Somehow I always find their shows resemble much of those at X-Boys on Soi Twilight. Not sure whether the two bars are related somehow.

The upstairs is Dynamite. My impression is this is a quite popular bar (certainly better than a lot on the sois, IMHO). The two are probably the only ones that stage naughty shows in Pattaya (at least in the three main areas).

Come to think about Dynamite, a somewhat upsetting event came to my mind. It was raided (together with X-Boys) one of the nights last year, and yes I was there. Nothing much actually happened to me (or other customers) but it did spoil my mood for the rest of the night.

Koh Samui Luv
April 10th, 2011, 13:11
...a somewhat upsetting event came to my mind. It was raided one of the nights last year, and yes I was there. Nothing much actually happened to me (or other customers) but it did spoil my mood for the rest of the night.

No doubt about it. It's a real mood spoiler.

[attachment=0:359g99jn]BIB raid bar.jpg[/attachment:359g99jn]

April 10th, 2011, 14:09
Yes, X Boys is on Soi 1 and the upstairs one WAS Dynamite but we have gone by several times and there is a for rent sign outside and it has closed.
:sharm:

anonone
April 10th, 2011, 22:41
Speaking of X-boys in Pattayaland (soi 2 ??), I went there last year and saw the fuck show. i got talking to a young girl outside the bar later and she said that he was her boyfriend. She was from Finland or Norway if I recall. She said she had no problems with him having sex with guys for money. She did say that the both of them had a great sex life and that his cock was a huge attraction for her.
I said it was a huge attraction for me, too.
I also remember going to an upstairs bar around that area last year but can't remember the name. It was fully packed with punters, but I didn't find anyof the guys attractive. Does anyobne know which bar I'm talking about? Anyone been there?
I'll be back in LOS next week and hope to do a bar report every day from either Bangkok or Pattaya.

He was an impressive guy, very toned and athletic. Lucky girl, and I am sure they have a very robust sex life....

It was my first visit to X-boys in Pattaya, and I enjoyed the show. I did buy a couple of the dancers a drink and chatted a bit, but nothing much came from it. I was already with a Thai friend, so was not really looking for anything to really develop.

Please post some reports on any of the bars / clubs you visit. Very helpful way for me to pass the time until I can get back.

Thanks.