PDA

View Full Version : Thais sometimes intimidated?

April 3rd, 2011, 23:35
Hey there, I'm new to the website, and have been reading through alot of the posts and thought the atmosphere seemed....amusing? :P So I thought I'd have a go at it.

I just recently turned 18 and graduated high school, and wanted to take a trip to a few asian countries before starting university. Thailand is definently on my list ;)

I was just wondering if Thais are likely to get intimidated by the way a person looks.....I'm 6'3 (191 cm) and 315 pounds (143Kg) and have always had an indimidating precense around people for some reason...even other americans. As many asians are usually...smaller, I was wondering how they might react to somebody like me.

Thai Dyed
April 4th, 2011, 00:18
The Thais will be more interested in finding out how big your wallet is. You didn't tell us that. That is what will determine how they react to you.
[attachment=0:28yx2r66]ThickWallet.jpg[/attachment:28yx2r66]

fedssocr
April 4th, 2011, 00:31
depends where you go. In BKK they have seen all sort of people. In the provinces you would be a curiosity no matter what. Thais aren't shy about gawking

francois
April 4th, 2011, 00:33
No, they will not be intimated, maybe intrigued. Saw a young farang, maybe in 20s, 5' and 300 lbs ++ and had many boys sitting with him. Also saw a 60+ farang that made you a midget and had beaucoup boys on his lap.

April 4th, 2011, 00:46
I see...so they go on how much they can make out of you :P What would be an appropriate tip for one night if you would like to leave an impression on a boy. I'm looking perhaps for a...sort of partnership with a thai boy, as I do not do commited relationships per-se. I was thinking about 3000 baht for a night or so...just spending the night around town, showing me around, and taking me to places, and an extra tip depending on how much I like him in bed.

Thai Dyed
April 4th, 2011, 00:57
I'm looking perhaps for a...sort of partnership with a thai boy, as I do not do commited relationships per-se. I was thinking about 3000 baht for a night or so...just spending the night around town, showing me around, and taking me to places, and an extra tip depending on how much I like him in bed.

You've received some excellent advice from francois and fedssocr, and from what you have said above, your wallet is big enough to make a really good impression. You are going to be a big hit in Thailand, Xenos.

krobbie
April 4th, 2011, 02:10
All I can say is, don't forget to shower as often as is practicable and all will be well. The boys can't stand a farang that does not take care with his personal hygiene.

All this and what you have already said, you should have a most enjoyable time.

Do some reading on the boards. Forget the bitching and sniping between posters and see if you can sort out how not to loose your money or fall for the little scams the boys play.

They are all on here someplace. Do some searching through the old files.

Cheers
krobbie

thonglor55
April 4th, 2011, 03:33
Hey there, I'm new to the website, and have been reading through alot of the posts and thought the atmosphere seemed....amusing? :P So I thought I'd have a go at it.homintern again?

April 4th, 2011, 04:04
I see :) Well thank you for the responses, I know when I went to Vietnam they seemed to find me intimidating, and most would be afraid to talk to me, dont know what that was about.

Anyway! Would anyone mind giving me an example of the variety of night life there? I usually prefer the night, so I'll be sleeping all day most of the time and only enjoying the night life. I've heard of the "sleazy" clubs, which wouldent be so terrible if the boys were cute and the old american men didnt make me want to punch them :P Any good clubs that have mostly cute bottoms? Links would be awesome if you could.

Once again thanks guys :D

Diec
April 4th, 2011, 04:43
Xenoy, you sound like a big tall fatty. No, the Thai boy's will not find you attractive. You must be very homely to have to travel out of the country to have sex. However, I'm sure you will be able to find someone to have sex with you giving your ugly size and stature.

April 4th, 2011, 04:52
Diec, you sound like a nasty fucking creep putting shit on an 18yo dude who is asking a reasonable question, he said nothing about a sex holiday.

Go dig yourself a fucking hole and die in it arsehole

gaymandenmark
April 4th, 2011, 05:02
I will suggest you make a profile on Gayromeo with a clear picture of yourself, and then search for belly boys.

Oh another old new member. :laughing3:

dab69
April 4th, 2011, 05:06
Hey there, I'm new to the website, and have been reading through alot of the posts and thought the atmosphere seemed....amusing? :P So I thought I'd have a go at it.homintern again?

isn't THAT just like the pot
calling the kettle "fat"?

homnitern again and again?

gaymandenmark
April 4th, 2011, 05:09
Diec, you sound like a nasty fucking creep putting shit on an 18yo dude who is asking a reasonable question, he said nothing about a sex holiday.

Go dig yourself a fucking hole and die in it arsehole

Huh?
"I've heard of the "sleazy" clubs, which wouldent be so terrible if the boys were cute and the old american men didnt make me want to punch them :P Any good clubs that have mostly cute bottoms? Links would be awesome if you could."

I agree with Diec, no one will find him attractive even with a big wallet. Not many cute thai buttoms would like to be fucked by a guy in his size. Even if they agree they will not even find it funny, only if they have a fetich. :evil4:

April 4th, 2011, 05:19
You all obviously have not considered that perhaps 315 pounds isnt totally huge for somebody as tall as myself? Then you would also not have considered that the weight could be made up of more muscle than fat seeing as I did graduate from a christian school that I went through on a football scholarship as a lineman. Perhaps it's just that the ones throwing insults are the 50 year old men who actually DO go to Thailand on "sex holidays" because nobody in any place except a go-go bar would spend time with your old pedophiliac selfs?

I was simply asking what types of clubs they had in Bangkok and other large cities in Thailand? I've heard of the drag shows and havent seen one in america :P they dont do many of those here on the east coast, what exactly do they involve?

April 4th, 2011, 05:31
Just go and have a good time. There is no shortage of places to go and things to do.
You'll find the Thais to be friendly and approachable and fun to be with.
If you meet them half way you'll do fine.

Here's a web site to get you started. Lot's more information out there just go find it.
http://www.travelgaythailand.com/

gaymandenmark
April 4th, 2011, 05:48
Xenos, I hope your weight is becouse of muscles, if your are in doubt take this test.
http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/bmi-m.htm

Obesity, and not just overweight, is a BMI of 30 or greater, and you know your own BMI. I really dont think that any thai will find it a pleasure to be together with an obese person in bed. Remember a lot of money in your wallet, if you are going for sex.

BTW Xenos, sorry to say it, but I think most thais, if they can choose for themself, will go for a fit, handsome and smart dressed 50 years old man, than a obese 18 years old guy, even if the 50 years handsome and fit man, has a smaller wallet than you.

April 4th, 2011, 07:27
You are aware that the BMI is faulty, correct? It is no longer used; in its place there is now the skin pinch test, which is if you can pinch more than inch of skin within two fingers and your thumb. In the event that you CAN pinch more than an inch, it gives you the indicator of which part of the body you need to tone. Weight and height cannot always indicate whether a person is obese or not, because each person has a different biological makeup, bone density and such.

Of course....judging from your tone of writing, your not educated well enough to know any of that, SO......

cdnmatt
April 4th, 2011, 07:58
You are aware that the BMI is faulty, correct? It is no longer used; in its place there is now the skin pinch test, which is if you can pinch more than inch of skin within two fingers and your thumb.

hehe, I'm actually laughing as I type this. Honestly, that sounds like the typical American trait of simply lowering standards. "Ohhh, not enough students are passing. I know the solution! We''ll lower the standards!". Seems kinda the same with this. "ohhh, too many Americans are fat. No problem, we'll just redefine what 'fat' is."

Weight and height cannot always indicate whether a person is obese or not

Uhhh, no, weight and height are usually pretty determining factors.

Anyway, I don't actually give a shit. You'll be fine in Thailand, so no worries. Just go in with a smile, good attitude, and I'm sure you'll have a great time. The only real suggestion I can give is, don't EVER get confrontational with anyone. If you end up in a confrontation with someone, just walk away. Don't fuck with Thais, because they'll come at you with a vengeance.

April 4th, 2011, 10:10
http://www.twofishillustration.com/images/sketch89.jpg

Thais will inspect your 18-year-old tits and make fun of your twins or triplets. "Sumos may have a great deal of subcutaneous fat, but their huge frames harbour relatively little of the arterial or deep body fat that leads to heart attacks. This is because wrestlers take far more exercise than ordinary obese people. Unfortunately, many wrestlers carry on eating at the same pace after they retire, and itтАЩs then that the distribution of their body fat soon changes in dangerous ways. High blood pressure becomes uncontrollable and coronary heart disease is a big threat."

francois
April 4th, 2011, 19:12
I am beginning to feel like a fish who swallowed the bait!

pennyboy
April 4th, 2011, 19:34
Having read and thought about your posts the best sex advice I can give you is " go fuck yourself"

gaymandenmark
April 4th, 2011, 19:43
Having read and thought about your posts the best sex advice I can give you is " go fuck yourself"

To whom are you writing? ?

April 4th, 2011, 23:37

To whom are you writing? ?

Hopefully you :laughing3:

francois
April 5th, 2011, 00:13
I am beginning to think I sense a troll.

krobbie
April 5th, 2011, 02:05
I am beginning to think I sense a troll.

Fran├зois, don't feel alone. I too seem to err on the side of, "why would anyone bother", and take the bait most of the time.

I am feeling quite full presently.

Cheers
krobbie

Smiles
April 5th, 2011, 10:34
You are aware that the BMI is faulty, correct? It is no longer used
Not so. The (American) National Institute of Health still uses BMI as a quite reasonable measurement of obesity, although not the only one.
Acknowledging that, NIH publishes on it's website a 'Limitations of the BMI' link alongside the BMI page and it's calculations: http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

pennyboy
April 5th, 2011, 12:21
Sorry gaymandenmark for any confusion.
My remarks were aimed at Xenos who is clearly a troll.

Koh Samui Luv
April 5th, 2011, 16:19
Oh, don't be too hard on Xenos. After all he had a full scholarship at his christian school as a sportsman. I found his photo from the school sports team. We should be so blessed with his good looks. A real cute bundle.

[attachment=0:11mo8k3w]Xenos.jpg[/attachment:11mo8k3w]

April 5th, 2011, 19:15
Today, even 18-year-old American graduates of Christian football schools know the limits of the BMI.
Surprisingly, it is used for 18-year-old Thai graduates of Buddhist go-go schools as well:

Appropriate body-mass index for Asian populations and its implications for policy and intervention strategies:

A WHO expert consultation addressed the debate about interpretation of recommended body-mass index (BMI) cut-off points for determining overweight and obesity in Asian populations, and considered whether population-specific cut-off points for BMI are necessary. They reviewed scientific evidence that suggests that Asian populations have different associations between BMI, percentage of body fat, and health risks than do European populations.

The consultation concluded that the proportion of Asian people with a high risk of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease is substantial at BMIs lower than the existing WHO cut-off point for overweight (тЙе25 kg/m 2 ). However, available data do not necessarily indicate a clear BMI cut-off point for all Asians for overweight or obesity. The cut-off point for observed risk varies from 22 kg/m 2 to 25 kg/m 2 in different Asian populations; for high risk it varies from 26 kg/m 2 to 31 kg/m 2.

No attempt was made, therefore, to redefine cut-off points for each population separately. The consultation also agreed that the WHO BMI cut-off points should be retained as international classifications. The consultation identified further potential public health action points (23┬╖0, 27┬╖5, 32┬╖5, and 37┬╖5 kg/m 2 ) along the continuum of BMI, and proposed methods by which countries could make decisions about the definitions of increased risk for their population.

http://www.who.int/nutrition/publicatio ... tegies.pdf (http://www.who.int/nutrition/publications/bmi_asia_strategies.pdf)

WHO Global Database on Body Mass Index: Maps, tables, graphs, detailed country data
http://apps.who.int/bmi/index.jsp

Beachlover
April 5th, 2011, 20:46
Possibly a troll but he's sparked some discussion in any case...

I was just wondering if Thais are likely to get intimidated by the way a person looks.....I'm 6'3 (191 cm) and 315 pounds (143Kg) and have always had an indimidating precense around people for some reason...even other americans. As many asians are usually...smaller, I was wondering how they might react to somebody like me.
Yes... Asians who haven't spent much time around Caucasians can be intimidated by their larger size. It's nothing to be worried about. They'll get used to it.

I see...so they go on how much they can make out of you :P What would be an appropriate tip for one night if you would like to leave an impression on a boy. I'm looking perhaps for a...sort of partnership with a thai boy, as I do not do commited relationships per-se. I was thinking about 3000 baht for a night or so...just spending the night around town, showing me around, and taking me to places, and an extra tip depending on how much I like him in bed.
In Bangkok, if you're at all good looking, don't got for paid sex. Go somewhere like DJ Station, GOD, Babylon or some other gay club where you can meet ordinary Thai boys... not money boys. Be aware, DJ Station does have some money boys but if you stick to the ground floor you should mostly stay clear of them. If you're butt ugly, then by all means, visit a gogo bar.

I see :) Well thank you for the responses, I know when I went to Vietnam they seemed to find me intimidating, and most would be afraid to talk to me, dont know what that was about.
Might be shy about their lack of English.

50 year old men who actually DO go to Thailand on "sex holidays" because nobody in any place except a go-go bar would spend time with your old pedophiliac selfs
Hehe... so true.

April 5th, 2011, 23:13
50 year old men who actually DO go to Thailand on "sex holidays" because nobody in any place except a go-go bar would spend time with your old pedophiliac selfs
Hehe... so true.
Your young self is of the pedophiliac kind as well, Beachlover?

francois
April 6th, 2011, 12:08
Possibly a troll but he's sparked some discussion in any case...

Isn't that what trolls/xenos do best? Spark a discussion over something absurd and they laugh as people reply with both serious and nonsense answers?

Or, am I being "xenophobic"?

April 7th, 2011, 20:26
I was just wondering if Thais are likely to get intimidated by the way a person looks

I just recently turned 18

I'm 6'3 (191 cm) and 315 pounds (143Kg)

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/01/18/mariobaseball19.jpg
"indimidating precense around people for some reason"

Or, am I being "xenophobic"?

You are clearly xenophobic.

have been reading through a lot of the posts

No one has ever asked Xenos' question before.

dab69
April 11th, 2011, 01:15
intimidated? probably not.
revolted, hysterically amused, comes to mind

dorayme
April 11th, 2011, 08:24
I've found that many Thai will be interested if you have a nice smile and nice manner. Some will appreciate you if you are a nice person and some won't. A lot will depend on how you treat them. I have a friend who is over 6 feet and 400# plus who seems to do very well. 3,000 Baht a night is a little to much. Consider 1/3 to 1/2 that amount. Good luck. There is a lot to do here in Thailand.

thonglor55
April 11th, 2011, 09:24
There is a lot to do here in Thailand.There are a lot to do here in Thailand, shurely?

dorayme
April 11th, 2011, 10:28
They are everywhere.

April 11th, 2011, 11:16

Anyway! Would anyone mind giving me an example of the variety of night life there? I usually prefer the night, so I'll be sleeping all day most of the time and only enjoying the night life. I've heard of the "sleazy" clubs, which wouldent be so terrible if the boys were cute and the old american men didnt make me want to punch them :P Any good clubs that have mostly cute bottoms? Links would be awesome if you could.

Once again thanks guys :D

Are you serious??

350 pounds and you want a Thai guy to bottom for you?? You are winding the board up!

and Then you ask about how much more on top of the 3,000 baht tip he gets for showing you around depends on how good he is in bed

Well you better make sure you got a king size super! Nope, not having it, you are ' having a laugh! ' ............... :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

April 11th, 2011, 12:45
[quote="Beachlover"]
In Bangkok, if you're at all good looking, don't got for paid sex. Go somewhere like DJ Station, GOD, Babylon or some other gay club where you can meet ordinary Thai boys... not money boys. Be aware, DJ Station does have some money boys but if you stick to the ground floor you should mostly stay clear of them. If you're butt ugly, then by all means, visit a gogo bar.

Hi,

There goes the voice of reason. Are you speaking from experience Beachy?..... :laughing3: :laughing3:

Remember, Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder!. :evil4:

dab69
April 13th, 2011, 03:58
Maybe he's 18 in Beachlover years,
so if he's carded or in a raid it will be no problem.