PDA

View Full Version : Is Sunee Plaza Coming to an end

April 2nd, 2011, 05:40
What with all the police activity, and endless empty bars, is this the end of Sunee, will the Russians take over, or will there be a battle with the Arabs, maybe a safe haven for Gadaffi and his family?

April 2nd, 2011, 07:02
What with all the police activity, and endless empty bars, is this the end of Sunee, will the Russians take over, or will there be a battle with the Arabs, maybe a safe haven for Gadaffi and his family?

Hi,

From recent reports (including estate agents),your description above describes most of Pattaya.

April 3rd, 2011, 04:30
[quote="justme"]Amazing new dreary topics!
Is Boyztown coming to an end....is Jomtien Complex coming to and end, is Sunee Plaza dead and deserted and coming to and end. Oh my,give me a knife to bring my life to an end!! :sign5:
Sweeties, Sunee Plaza is seeing low % of tourists due to high prices and the economy. Throw in the red shirts for a few percentege points and there ya haz it.
When the econonomies around the world pick up, so will the number of tourists because they can travel back and forth more often.
Until then, you need to read the papers and watch the news although all of them paint that the world is ending!! :sign5:

EVERYWHERE IS DEAD! Monet exchange is down.
:dontknow: :hello1: :dontknow: :hello1:

April 3rd, 2011, 06:12
Amazing new dreary topics!
Is Boyztown coming to an end....is Jomtien Complex coming to and end, is Sunee Plaza dead and deserted and coming to and end. Oh my,give me a knife to bring my life to an end!! :sign5:
Sweeties, Sunee Plaza is seeing low % of tourists due to high prices and the economy. Throw in the red shirts for a few percentege points and there ya haz it.
When the econonomies around the world pick up, so will the number of tourists because they can travel back and forth more often.
Until then, you need to read the papers and watch the news although all of them paint that the world is ending!! :sign5:

EVERYWHERE IS DEAD! Monet exchange is down.
:dontknow: :hello1: :dontknow: :hello1:

I agree,

It is indeed a global recession and problem but what about the complete change in your tourists frm USA/Europe to Russian/Arabs and Chinese?? :dontknow:

dab69
April 3rd, 2011, 06:37
I am sure Nice Boys are still packed every night there.

Sorry I didn't check my calendar.
Every year there is the same post/poster of the doom
and gloom of the tourist economy of Thailand.
Every year there are still reports of certain bars packed every night.
What is the point? To disuade others from going?
Would be more of an incentive for me to visit.
Less tourists more fun for me.

See this post repeat itself in another year +/- a couple months
by yet another "newbie"/hydraa

newalaan
April 3rd, 2011, 08:17
Would be more of an incentive for me to visit. Less tourists more fun for me.As well as being a rather selfish attitude, it's also a bit short sighted in my opinion. Busy venues mean they are more likely to remain open and be available for YOU to visit. I've never really understood this attitute about [less tourists=more fun for me]. If you mean more attention from the boys for you because there are less potential customers, what do think the other 1,000 boys you DON'T take off and sleep with will do for the night, wait for you to come back for them? How many boys do you need each day.....200? Or what? because there are less tourists, the available boys will be so desperate you might be able to knock a couple hundred baht off their tips?

If not for these reasons then why is it MORE fun to have less tourists?

Dodger
April 3rd, 2011, 15:03
newalaan Wrote:

If not for these reasons then why is it MORE fun to have less tourists?

Because tourists are a pain in the ass....and my holidays are timed for the Spring and Fall seasons for this very reason.

The last thing I want to be surrounded by is a flock of westerners wearing those flowery Don Hoe style shirts clogging up the airways with their opinionated and self-severing banter of politics and other meaningless gibberish. I want to see boys. Preferably boys who don't speak a word of Engish...have nevew read a newspaper in their lives...with hot chillies on their breath...a smile on their face..and a preference for having hot sex versus small talk.

I like to see all the boys making money and the bars being profitable, but if I have my choice, and I do, I'll stick with the slow (actually faster) season.

thonglor55
April 3rd, 2011, 15:28
I want to see boys. Preferably boys who don't speak a word of Engish...have nevew read a newspaper in their lives...with hot chillies on their breath...a smile on their face..and a preference for having hot sex versus small talk.Good lord, Dodger, you have no desire to discuss Chaos Theory with them, or the works of Charles Dickens or the Second Law of Thermodynamics - all the reasons why Westerners on this Forum bother to learn Thai?

naklua
April 3rd, 2011, 17:07
What with all the police activity, and endless empty bars, is this the end of Sunee

At least for the last 3 weeks I have not noticed any police activity in SP. Neither are all the bars empty. Nice Boys, Mic My Boys, Tom Yum and often Good Boys are often at almost 100% capacity. It is another story for Krazy Dragon and of course Eros does worst.
The bars with good customer attendance do have one feature in common: the employ a lot of handsome boys/men and not only fems as is the case with many Boys Town gogo bars.
Nevertheless I have got the impression that the beer bars are getting less customers than last year. These bars are almost exclusively staffed with fems, but I think their attraction lies less with the attractiveness of their staff and more with the cheaper drink prices compared to the gogo bars and the view you get on the people strolling through SP.

April 3rd, 2011, 17:16
...EVERYWHERE IS DEAD! Monet exchange is down...

That's interesting Unkie, I didn't know you offered that @ Happy Place.

I have a couple of Rubens - how much free drink will you give me for them - and can you throw in a couple of boys?

:occasion9: :occasion9:

thonglor55
April 3rd, 2011, 17:45
...EVERYWHERE IS DEAD! Monet exchange is down...I have a couple of Rubens - how much free drink will you give me for them - and can you throw in a couple of boys?Wouldn't a couple of Hockneys be more appropriate than the two Rubens - that painter is too much associated with a description of the female form as Rubenesque (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Rubenesque) (not the sort of figure we want on our Sunee Plaza boys at all)?

louis50
April 3rd, 2011, 20:13
I was in Sunee Plaza a couple of weeks ago and it didn't seem that quiet. Mic My, Nice Boys, and even Good Boys were pretty busy on the couple of nights I was there. All the outside bars seemed busy(ish) too. The two really empty places were Krazy Dragon and Eros. Not sure why Krazy Dragon is so dead - the boys are pretty friendly and there are a few cute ones. Compared to some of the bars in Boystown, Sunee really was quite lively. I suppose it just depends on what night you happen to be there.

dab69
April 3rd, 2011, 20:24
... you happen to be there.

seriously doubt the OP was even there.
just stirring up crap .

funny to hear Good Boys was even open
despite reports of police activity earlier.
TIT
another post has a different area dead because
of LACK of police activity.

April 4th, 2011, 04:40
What with all the police activity, and endless empty bars, is this the end of Sunee

At least for the last 3 weeks I have not noticed any police activity in SP. Neither are all the bars empty. Nice Boys, Mic My Boys, Tom Yum and often Good Boys are often at almost 100% capacity. It is another story for Krazy Dragon and of course Eros does worst.
The bars with good customer attendance do have one feature in common: the employ a lot of handsome boys/men and not only fems as is the case with many Boys Town gogo bars.
Nevertheless I have got the impression that the beer bars are getting less customers than last year. These bars are almost exclusively staffed with fems, but I think their attraction lies less with the attractiveness of their staff and more with the cheaper drink prices compared to the gogo bars and the view you get on the people strolling through SP.

Really, well the Police raided Sunee again tonight, and as usual carted lots of under age boys, drug users, illegal's etc... off to Chon Buri for their 45 day rehab. Also, the bars you mentioned, Nice boys, Mic my, Tom yum, Good boys, are basically full of kids, in fact, the only one that does have 18 year olds up, is Krazy Dragon.

April 4th, 2011, 05:30
... the only one that does have 18 year olds up, is Krazy Dragon.

I guess the cataracts are no better then?

:occasion9:

dab69
April 4th, 2011, 09:04
wow a day later and no report of a raid.
It MUST be dead there if no noe was there to report it.

thenorthguy
April 4th, 2011, 18:43
As i said in Boyz Town who really gives a fuck if it does come to an end.....

naklua
April 6th, 2011, 23:21
Really, well the Police raided Sunee again tonight, and as usual carted lots of under age boys, drug users, illegal's etc... off to Chon Buri for their 45 day rehab. Also, the bars you mentioned, Nice boys, Mic my, Tom yum, Good boys, are basically full of kids, in fact, the only one that does have 18 year olds up, is Krazy Dragon.

I was in SP Saturday & Sunday, did not see any police acticity, nor did anybody (mamasan, waiters, boys) say anything to me in this regard. The allegation that NB, MMB, TY & GB are "full of kids" is not correct. Of course one should check ID in case of doubt. At NB I did not see a single boy who looked younger than 18y. Some of the other bars do have a percentage of (too) young looking boys. In any case these percentages are quite below 20% to 30% and thus the description "full" does not fit. KD does not have boys below the age of 18y (I think), but they do not have that many boys at all, especially considering the huge size of the establishment.

April 11th, 2011, 23:24
All of Pattaya's gay venues are dieing, its not the economy stupid! They have done nothing to attract new customers, their base are the same tired lot and they die or can't get a hard-on and no one comes to replace them.