PDA

View Full Version : Taxi to Pattaya

jolyjacktar
March 30th, 2011, 18:59
Not having been to the resort of Pattaya for sometime im looking for a current taxi co. which offer reasonble rates for pick up from Airport to hotel. Years ago i use to go with Gem and pons taxis but i dont seem to get a reply from them so i take it they may not be driving now. I know this subject gets covered a lot on this forum but like everything in thailand one day its business next day its goodbye no business.Thanks for any good info.

Pet
March 30th, 2011, 19:11
Last year I ordered a taxi from Mr. T. Pattaya Taxi Service for B. 1000,- incl. Good experience, but I am not sure if he is still doing his business. Can't find out. When I come tot Pattaya next month I probebly take Mr. Dream for B. 1200,- incl.

March 30th, 2011, 19:42
Call Phon from Gems & Phon: 081 761 6455

Beachlover
March 30th, 2011, 20:41
When I come tot Pattaya next month I probebly take Mr. Dream for B. 1200,- incl.
Are you talking about Mr Dream Transport?

Use them (make sure you're dealing with a Thai, not a farang) but whatever you do, don't pay any fee in advance.

Read the warnings on this thread: gay-thailand-f9/airport-taxi-t20238.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/airport-taxi-t20238.html)

I used them before and had no problem but the driver who picked me up was a Thai who took the initiative to explain he was "Mr Dream" the owner of the business. He seems like a nice honest guy.

The farang guy named Jason who used to post here claiming to be Mr Dream, the founder of the business was actually just some farang trying to earn some cash for generating bookings... and apparently did a runner with a bunch of deposits.

bao-bao
March 30th, 2011, 21:03
I've had nothing but good experiences using Mr. Toom's taxi service. The only glitch was last trip when I wasn't clear on the pick-up day and date. Only once out of over a dozen times have I felt the need to tell the driver to slow down a little. Emails are answered within a day and the rates are fair. Bangkok to Pattaya (or reverse) is Bt1200. Clean, comfortable Toyotas or similar.

toom39@msn.com
081-4827148 or 083-0178066

Dani69
March 31st, 2011, 01:49
I use www.pttaxiservice.com (http://www.pttaxiservice.com) all the time 1000baht to Pattaya all inclusive .

colmx
March 31st, 2011, 02:29
I will second the Mr.T recommendation
Have used them for my last 4-5 visits and they have never let me down
(despite some very delayed arrivals from my airline(s))
1000B from Bkk to Pattaya
+66 (0)812587716

gerefan2
March 31st, 2011, 05:03
I usually use Gems and Phons.
A few weeks ago I ordered a taxi from them (1500 Bt to BKK, expensive I know) and they sent a taxi from another company.
Had to ask him twice to turn on the Air Conditioning and he drove like a typical Thai. Even tried to use the emergency lane to get off the Motorway quickly.
Not impressed ...

Avoid Mr Dream

lonelywombat
March 31st, 2011, 07:22
Here is the email confirmation a friend received last trip, phone and website.

Note the location specified is not at the exit from baggage collection. look for the signs that direct you to exit 3.

Hello
Everything confirm taxi on 15/10
1,000 bath include everything
My driver show your name
MR.----------------
at exit no.3 inside terminal arrival floor
my mobile 0863921240,0854449035
how many people?
Thank you
P.T.
http://www.pttaxiservice.com

Rolling Stone
April 1st, 2011, 23:27
I've had nothing but good experiences using Mr. Toom's taxi service. The only glitch was last trip when I wasn't clear on the pick-up day and date. Only once out of over a dozen times have I felt the need to tell the driver to slow down a little. Emails are answered within a day and the rates are fair. Bangkok to Pattaya (or reverse) is Bt1200. Clean, comfortable Toyotas or similar.

toom39@msn.com
081-4827148 or 083-0178066

I second. Have been using Mr Toom for a few years now (for many trips BKK vv Pattaya), could only recall a couple of glitches (perhaps the fault was on my part?) Bangkok airport to Pattaya is 1200B and Pattaya to BKK airport is 1000B, all inclusive.

P.S. the second phone number does not seem current, but agree that he replies to emails fairly quickly.

newalaan
April 1st, 2011, 23:47
Bangkok airport to Pattaya is 1200B
1,000 bath include everything Wow. It's a long time (years) since i've needed a taxi from the airport to Pattaya as I've always borrowed a Thai friends pick-up, but on my up-and-coming trip I will have to taxi to Pattaya from the airport as i'm missing out my usual initial Bkk stay and meeting up with my friend in Pattaya. I really thought the prices would be way more than Bt1000-Bt1200, thats the price I remember paying as long as a decade ago, and I know from driving around Thailand myself how expensive the fuel can be, so that's a very reasonable if not downright cheap 140 km or so journey.

I use http://www.pttaxiservice.com all the time 1000baht to Pattaya all inclusive When you say all inclusive, do you mean including the tolls? they are way up as well, it must be over Bt100 just for them. If so that price is a real steal. Do the cars have rear seatbelts which actually work and plenty room in the boot/trunk for luggage? unlike some of the Bkk taxis who have the gas tank in the boot/trunk and no rear seat belts. On a 1.1/2-2 hour journey seatbelt's a must.

April 2nd, 2011, 02:46
.. seatbelt's a must.

Do you think you could find a big enough safety belt for your mouth?

:occasion9:

Marsilius
April 2nd, 2011, 03:28
I recommend Mr Toom. On arriving in Bangkok from Pattaya a few years back, I inadvertently and stupidly left a small bag in the boot ("trunk" to you Americans) of his car, realised an hour later and called him. The driver, en route back to Pattaya, was told to turn around and deliver it to me at my Bangkok hotel at no charge (though of course I gave him a tip). Great service!

newalaan
April 2nd, 2011, 04:16
Do you think you could find a big enough safety belt for your mouth?For christs sake man! Look you pathetic old attention-seeking has-been, it was your cavernous cakehole's sweary diatribe which started the derailment of the 'end of boys town' thread, so you might well want to address that particular question to yourself. Given that we've had to endure over 1700 posts worth of pure self indulgence, the bigger question would be "is there a big enough harness for your massive ego and puffed-up sense of self-importance"?

But more pertinent to THIS thread, the posters who have already contributed on topic to the subject might want to ask....have you anything to add to this thread about Taxi to Pattaya that does'nt consist purely of you talking about yourself and your obsessions? ....if so......please do, you know how we just love to experience your rapier sharp wit, BUT if not, PLEASE kindly fuck off and try not to infest yet another thread with your sad creepy stalking. Nobody can be bothered with you.

The thread topic is Taxi to Pattaya not scottish-guys slow-motion mental breakdown. You'll have to start a new thread for that.

April 2nd, 2011, 04:40
1769 to be precise - with LOTS more to come.

:sharm:

newalaan
April 2nd, 2011, 05:07
1769 to be precise - with LOTS more to come. Instead of that couldn't we just have another picture of a monkey? If it's a picture of a monkey in a Taxi to Pattaya, that would be even better. Thank you.

April 6th, 2011, 04:09
1769 to be precise - with LOTS more to come. Instead of that couldn't we just have another picture of a monkey? If it's a picture of a monkey in a Taxi to Pattaya, that would be even better. Thank you.

[attachment=0:15z619ld]mt.jpg[/attachment:15z619ld]