PDA

View Full Version : Is Boys Town coming to an end.

Marsha-old
March 29th, 2011, 20:58
What a change a few years has made.
Boys Town use to be fibrant and full of tourist. Now its like a ghost town.
Have made my comments known about BBB, but visited The Copa Show Bar. Half full, not so bad. But there are less chairs than before so does not take a lot to make the place look half full.
The show use to be fun and full of cheers and laughter. Now its full of lady boy dancers looking in the mirrors as they are dancing loving themselfs. At one part of the show i felt embarassed for them as they finished a number and about 2 people clapped.
What happened to the sexy boy show where they took stripped down to G strings with upto date numbers and men not lady boys. Also the pricing of drinks has gone through the roof. Dont they know that the baht is so high at the moment and everything is costing a lot more than what it use to be.

Then went into Le Cafe Royal, or should i say retirement home for the elderly. All i needed was a zimmer frame and i would have felt at home. There were 4 people at the bar and a few on the terrace. Left after one drink.

Went into funny boys. This was not to bad, had a few customers in. There was also a good selection of boys. Had a few drinks there and chatted and brought a few boys some drinks. Tipped them then left.

I know its low season, but it never use to be so dead.
:crybaby:
It seems a shame that the main gay area in Pattaya is so outdated. It needs a new lease of life. It will soon come a time when no one will go there, as it will out price itself and there is nothing to offer for the price. :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

March 29th, 2011, 21:10
Marigar, I'm afraid that even in HIGH SEASON (apart from the Xmas/New Year period)it is dying a death.

You are right about the numbers - which are well down on what they used to be. If it were not for the Russians it would be even worse.

You are right also about the prices generally. 3000B for a bottle of JWBL in Copa equates nowadays to around ┬г70/$100 which, although affordable to me, certainly makes me think twice about a second bottle - but I tolerate it because I like the bar, I like the entertainlent (mostly), and I enjoy sharing it with the staff.

On the other hand, the average price of a drink in a gogo bar with very little entertainment (if any) is now around 200B which is getting on for ┬г5/$7.50 I exonorate Unkie because he is charging more reasobale prices.

I will keep paying it, because I can, and because there is still nowhere in the world that I am aware of which comes close. But it is pretty clear to me that it is dying on its feet.

:occasion9:

March 29th, 2011, 21:15
Well our prices are 150 for a top shelf mixed drink and 2,500 for a 1 liter bottle of JWB with all the mixers. True 500 baht isnt a huge amount, but its less.
A group of us went to the Copa a couple of months back and it was packed and we enjoyed the show.

March 29th, 2011, 21:20
Well our prices are 150 for a top shelf mixed drink and 2,500 for a 1 liter bottle of JWB with all the mixers. True 500 baht isnt a huge amount, but its less.
A group of us went to the Copa a couple of months back and it was packed and we enjoyed the show.

Point 1, yes I agree that your prices are more reasonable ( I did say so)

Point 2, Yes, Copa can still be packed on occassion - but it used to be packed 3 x a night, and it isn't now. One fairly recent Satuday night I visited for the 12.15 show and it was almost deserted.

frequentflier
March 30th, 2011, 00:04
I think most places are very quiet now ,no matter what part of Pattaya you go to.The price of drinks is alarming in some places and BBB should really get their act sorted out.
As for Funny Boys,I think its still the best venue but should move away from fem.type boys,its just my opinion.

newalaan
March 30th, 2011, 04:22
Now its like a ghost town.I suppose it depends on which time of year, which day of the week, which time of the evening you are there. In mid-late February certainly the beer/host bars were fairly full every night we paid a visit, as were the terraces, Copa and BzBzBz (only at show time) as well as our beloved Happy Place.

It's the agogo's which really seemed to be suffering, and i'm fairly sure i'll have said the same 3-4 years back, 10 years back? now that's a different kettle-of-fish altogether those really were busy days in the Boyztown agogos back then. But as long as most of the beer/host bars are busy and the main two are busy at show-time i can't really see anything coming to an end just yet.

and 2,500 for a 1 liter bottle of JWB with all the mixersJustme........WHAT??? MIXERS??? there are actually people who come into your bar and pay Bt2500/┬г55 for a bottle of 12 year-old deluxe whiskey and then drown/dilute it with coke/soda/whatever to the extent where you can't even tell what the fuck it is they are drinking? I always thought that's what JW red was for...mixing. For Black that seems to be a real waste of money. Only in my opinion of course.

A drink designed to be taken straight, or maybe with a touch of water or even over-ice is drank with mixers? There are western customers who actually pay Bt2500/┬г55 to do that? I'm a bit surprised.

And here was me thinking that my previous understanding of JWBL in Thailand, was that it is no more than a show of perceived wealth, a classic bit of Thai snobbery by those who put more importance of the colour of the whiskey bottle label 'on show' to all around, than it's contents. I always assumed that was the basis for it's large sales......playing to the...... He's got Blend285, he's got 100 Pipers, he's got Red Label........but I'VE got BLACK! ha!

My bf once tried to convince/persuade me to have a bottle of Black one night he had invited 2 or 3 good friends who were in town, 'apparently' because it didn't give him a headache the next day......but really, I knew, he knew, his friend's knew, the waiters knew exactly what that bottle of Black standing proudly on the tall Hollywood table would have been all about. The Red went down just fine.

Dboy
March 30th, 2011, 05:29
Another way of looking at things is that the gay area is EXPANDING. In the ol' days (2001ish) Pattayaland Soi 1/3 was all straight host bars. Now the majority of the bars on both sides of the street are gay.

March 30th, 2011, 06:50
..I suppose it depends on which time of year, which day of the week, which time of the evening you are there.

-No it doesn't - it's quiet all over on average - anybody saying otherwise is blind, dumb, or both!

In mid-late February certainly the beer/host bars were fairly full every night we paid a visit, as were the terraces, Copa and BzBzBz (only at show time) No, they aren't - you're seeing double you inebriated vagrant

...as well as our beloved Happy Place.

Your beloved place - have you ever said anything fainty critical of Happy Place? Frankly, I think you're a plant. I liuke Happy place but you're like some kind of fucking groupie

..WHAT??? MIXERS??? there are actually people who come into your bar and pay Bt2500/┬г55 for a bottle of 12 year-old deluxe whiskey and then drown/dilute it with coke/soda/whatever..Only in my opinion of course. Your opinion is shit- JWBL is a fucking blend not a Malt, get you facts right - it's perfectly acceptable for ANYBODY who knows ANYTHING (that's you excluded) to use mixers with a blended whisky

My bf once tried to convince/persuade me to have a bottle of Black one night...The Red went down just fine.[/quote]

Oh for fuck sake, I give up - what a tosser

:protest: :protest: :protest:

March 30th, 2011, 06:52
duplicate

March 30th, 2011, 08:04
Hey, I don't drink alcohol so who knows, who cares. We have 100 Pipers, JW Red, Black, Green, Gold, and Blue. I believe the red is much less and the Pipers is about 1,200 whereas in most bars it is 1,900 and up. I cant comment on thier prices. if you want mixers with anything, you can have them for as long as you have alcohol in the bottle. You can put your name on it and put it on the shelf for your return and still have free mixers. Just not mixers alone.

I appreciate the comments he makes about happy Place of course :notworthy:

While numbers are down because it is cold and going back into off season, I do have to say that my numbers are still about 30% above off season.
Sure, we never had a strong peak season, but to call it dead or dying I think is incorrect, or so I hope. I think that the stronger bars will survive and the weaker bars will die. When the world economy starts to fix itself (if it does) then the bars and hotels once again will start to fill with people who have oodles of cash to spend. Until then, hold on for the rough ride. But we aint dead yet!

thonglor55
March 30th, 2011, 09:14
While numbers are down because it is cold and going back into off season, I do have to say that my numbers are still about 30% above off season.I'll be you're looking forward to Songkran week where you takings will exceed the money you'll take for all of the next three months (so cdnmatt asserts).

March 30th, 2011, 09:33
While numbers are down because it is cold and going back into off season, I do have to say that my numbers are still about 30% above off season.I'll be you're looking forward to Songkran week where you takings will exceed the money you'll take for all of the next three months (so cdnmatt asserts).

Slightly confusing. Are you saying that he says it will be extremely crowded? I do know that reservations in the hotels are really up that week, but I for one will try to hide out.

thonglor55
March 30th, 2011, 09:40
Slightly confusing. Are you saying that he says it will be extremely crowded? I do know that reservations in the hotels are really up that week, but I for one will try to hide out.His actual comment is
And of course the bars will be open. They'll bring in more during that one week than probably the following 3 months. in the thread gay-thailand-f9/sonkron-t20866.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/sonkron-t20866.html). As for a clarification, he has none.

puckered_penguin
March 30th, 2011, 11:14

Maybe cdnmatt was referring to bars in Khon Kaen or places other than Pattaya. I have not read the thread but is he not the guy who lives barn nok?

stevehadders
March 30th, 2011, 15:31
I definitely agree the numbers are down - Thailand has had it all in the past years - yellow protests, then red and now the global crisis combined with the strengthening baht which has made tourism challenging.
The numbers will, in theory, start to increase if we ever have an upturn, but at the same time the new generations of visitors with have different expectations which have to be met - the bars that adapt will survive and i guess several wont. I still think there is a place for gogos (certainly hope so), but todays client wants good service, reasonable and evolving show, reasonably priced drinks (we all know the costs of gogo bars, and we expect to pay more, but in a measured (pun) way).Attractive staff is an obvious basic. If you walk around the Pattayaland Sois you will see the places that have got it right, and those who havent by the numbers of customers

On the subject of whisky and mixers - you pay your money and take your pick - drink it neat or with coke your choice! Just dont tell me how to drink my gin!

March 30th, 2011, 15:58
Just dont tell me how to drink my gin!

Gin.... our bar brand is Tanqurey or Bombay, your choice. Slice of lime and its heaven. Sure there are finer gins but these two are certainly much better than the standard Gibley or Gordon served in most bars

naklua
March 30th, 2011, 19:03
I still think there is a place for gogos (certainly hope so), but todays client wants good service, reasonable and evolving show, reasonably priced drinks (we all know the costs of gogo bars, and we expect to pay more, but in a measured (pun) way).Attractive staff is an obvious basic.

I of course can only speak for myself, but the most important feature of any gogo has always been the attractiveness of the staff. I dont care about the interior design, selection of drinks and so on. I go for these things to other places.

If you walk around the Pattayaland Sois you will see the places that have got it right, and those who havent by the numbers of customers

I visited a few of the Pattayaland bars in the last two weeks. I was very much disappointed but not really surprised, as the quality of the staff has gone done for quite a few years. Happy Place has got one or two attractive, masculine looking boys. But I talked to one of them the other day ("Tom") and he was not interested from the beginning and did not want to do anything of substance in the bedroom. That is not the reaction I get normally from the gogo staff.
David seems to have spent all the money on interior design and nothing was left to recruit handsome staff. Saw only a handful of fems there.
Sawatdee was not that bad, had two handsome boys. Offed one, he was so-so.
I took a look at some other bars, most of them almost without customers, low on staff. For example Wild West Boys was empty at 8.45. 4 dancers, 3 of them fem, one quite handsome, but he left just after finishing his act and sat himself at the outside patio. Thai way of making money?
A-Bomb has the usual selection of rather beefy guys. At least almost no fems there.
I did neither visit BBB (retirement home) nor Copa.

naklua
March 30th, 2011, 19:09
And here was me thinking that my previous understanding of JWBL in Thailand, was that it is no more than a show of perceived wealth, a classic bit of Thai snobbery by those who put more importance of the colour of the whiskey bottle label 'on show' to all around, than it's contents. I always assumed that was the basis for it's large sales......playing to the...... He's got Blend285, he's got 100 Pipers, he's got Red Label........but I'VE got BLACK! ha!
This attitude is not specific to Thais I think, it is rather Asian. As a matter of fact it is all about face. Most people would not be able to taste the difference between the different brands / product ranges. When mixed with Coke it might become impossible to make a distinction even for rather experienced drinkers. In my opnion JWRL is almost not drinkable in its straight form. JWBL, however, is quite OK. Mixed there is no difference.

pennyboy
March 30th, 2011, 19:57
My preference in whisky in JWBL. I rarely buy it by the bottle and usually by the glass with soda. I don't ask for a big sign to be placed next to it informing all that this is NOT 100 Pipers but JWBL. It is simply my liking for a superior tasting whisky.

Beachlover
March 30th, 2011, 20:54
JW Black is fine for mixing or drinking. Anything less (e.g. JW Red) is only ok for mixing.

Not sure I can tell the difference between JW Black and JW Red when it's mixed with coke (definitely can when straight) but I can definitely tell the difference when there's cheaper whiskey mixed with coke... the cheaper stuff does taste rough and give you headaches etc.

I once saw a mate mixing JW Blue with coke and was horrified...

newalaan
March 31st, 2011, 08:57
It's brilliantly entertaining when Scottish-guy "goes off on one" getting his frilly little knicks in a real kerfuffle..he gets all sweary and nasty. Great fun.

newalaan wrote:
..I suppose it depends on which time of year, which day of the week, which time of the evening you are there.

-No it doesn't - it's quiet all over on average - anybody saying otherwise is blind, dumb, or both!-Yes it does- Any Muttonhead would know <time of year>busier at peak times: <Day of week>Fri, Sat busy, Mon quiet in Pattaya: <time of the evening>8.30pm-11pm very busy 12.30am Quiet. SO it would seem that it does depend when you go as to whether it's a ghost town. The OP said Boys Town is a ghost town and is coming to an end...I said it was neither a ghost town at certain times, and not coming to an end anytime soon....anybody saying otherwise is indeed...blind, dumb or both!

newalaan wrote:
In mid-late February certainly the beer/host bars were fairly full every night we paid a visit, as were the terraces, Copa and BzBzBz (only at show time) No, they aren't - you're seeing double you inebriated vagrantYes, they ARE....We sat at Serene because there were NO empty tables at Panorama. On the BzBzBz terrace we had to take a table down at the Ambience cafe because ALL the tables outside were taken. IT WAS BUSY. You were'nt even there! how the fuck would you know you retard. Crystal Ball again madame-Scittish?

newalaan wrote:
...as well as our beloved Happy Place.

Your beloved place - have you ever said anything fainty critical of Happy Place? Frankly, I think you're a plant. I liuke Happy place but you're like some kind of fucking groupie Boy are you DUMB AS FUCK.......I was referring to my bf and myself as the 'our' you cretin! i spoke for nobody else... And what's there to criticise? As YOU even say yourself.."you like it" speak about picking a fight with your own shadow... I've visited once, the 'groupie' would be the one who spends most time hanging around there and has visited more than once or many times ....Errrr wouldn't that be YOU?

Your opinion is shit- JWBL is a fucking blend not a Malt, get you facts right - it's perfectly acceptable for ANYBODY who knows ANYTHING (that's you excluded) to use mixers with a blended whisky WHAT a complete idiot! WHO mentioned MALT?..are you "blind,thick-as-shit or both"? I said it was a 12 year-old deluxe whisky...no mention of MALT you dummy, because it is a deluxe 12 year old blend whisky...would you be one these ANYBODY'S who knows ANYTHING? a dumbarse who does'nt even know what he's drinking! follow your own advice you joke......GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT!
It's 'perfectly acceptable' for anybody to put fucking anti-freeze in their blended whisky, but again that would be the same waste as putting in a ton of mixers if that blend was 12 years old. JWBL 12 year old deluxe whisky IS THE SAME BLEND AS JWRL except older you tit....and therefore smoother, so neat or tad water/ice it's vg, when mixed it's near impossible to taste the difference between JWRL and JWBL. So in my opinion it's a waste of money to mix Black, when mixing Red has EXACTLY the same taste only MUCH less expensive.
Not sure I can tell the difference between JW Black and JW Red when it's mixed with coke
In my opnion JWRL is almost not drinkable in its straight form. JWBL, however, is quite OK. Mixed there is no difference.Yes I would agree with both.

My bf once tried to convince/persuade me to have a bottle of Black one night...The Red went down just fine.
Oh for fuck sake, I give up - what a tosserNO!.. the tosser would be the one who doesn't know that Red and Black are the SAME blend, only the Black is 12yo and costs WAY more.....the tosser would be the one who doesn't know he is drinking 12 year old deluxe whisky....the tosser would be the one who pays double for the SAME mixed taste...that's who the tosser would be.The tosser would be the one with the Black bottle on his table with his sniffy nose in the air deluded into thinking he's part of the jet-set because he's arrived with a fat wallet in a country where the average wage is Bt200 per day and then BOAST that Black is... "affordable to ME"...and I "keep buying it because I CAN"' (yes, yes ok we get it.. we are MOST impressed with your 'wealth') on a forum of westerners where the average wage is probably multiple times that of the sad old loser. Now there's yer REAL TOSSER for you!

What a barrage of 'own goals', a prethora of rounds into one foot...Oh dear! I'd better watch my self...the next thing I know is the pathetic, odious little creep will be running to the Mods with one hand in the air..."please sir mr Mod... please sir" "a bad man has made me look foolish again...even-though-it-was-my-own-fault-for being-as-thick-as-shit...but I want him banned, censored, killed-off...."I'm the only gaytroll in the village" "mr Mod...Mr Mod"

Icing on the ironic cake?....Scottish-guy....belittling a former Happy Place Thai employee because (according to SG) he was the spit of Stan Laurel....THIS from a man who, if you stuck a moustache on his fizzog, would pass for a 'heavy set' pasty-faced scottish version of Oliver Hardy..You couldn't make it up!

Why don't you stick to posting pictures of monkeys and emoticons, you seem quite good at that. Were there enough swear words for you?

Up2U
March 31st, 2011, 11:10
Is BT coming to an end?

Year, 1998, and I vividly remember my first visit to Pattaya and the Ambiance in BT as if it were yesterday. After coming from Bangkok with friends and arriving midday my first thoughts and impression was, what a disappointment! All that changed when I came downstairs for dinner and saw the Xmas decorations and the bright lights of BT and the nightlife waiting at the door. BBB was great fun with energy and atmosphere and a huge selection of boys for all tastes. It was the Pattaya edition of Dream Boys (Bangkok). All the other bars also had energy and were fun.

Then over the years BT lost itтАЩs allure. We started staying at the Flamingo and enjoyed the blossoming nightlife of the Day-Nite (short-lived of course) and Sunee areas. It was obvious the тАЬinтАЭ place to be was no longer BT. The gay tourist and expat now had other options available. Times change, but did the BT business model change? Obviously, there in lies the problem. The BT venues seem incapable of change or rolling with the punches. They cannot adapt or accept criticism but adhere to a business model that clearly needs an overhaul. I wonder if they really understand who is their base clientele. Nobody like to be taken for granted, but that's what happened. They make excuses and blame others or circumstances (SARS, tsunamis, bird flu, yellow shirts, red shirts, the recession, the strong baht), all of which may be partly true but failing to look at their own business practices.

Now my friends and I stay in Jomtien and enjoy its many restaurants, lodging, emerging bar and nightlife scene. My group of friends rarely visits BT but will also venture to the Sunee. In mid-February, I went to StreetLife by myself and there were 2 other customers (good sandwich BTW). At 7:30, I left and noted there were 5 customers at the Panorama and 4 at the Serene. There was nobody eating at the Ambiance Caf├й or LCR. Is BT coming to end? Who really knows, but unfortunately who really cares. High prices, boring shows, bored staff; BT is definitely on life-support and for some with a DNR tag.

Beachlover
March 31st, 2011, 11:32
Newalaan... You are cute when you get mad. :blackeye:

The only thing funnier than seeing Scottish in a spat with Unkie is seeing Scottish in a spat with Newalaan. :blackeye:

As for the whiskey thing...

To most of us, JW Black is fine to mix and nothing special. I wouldn't call it a "deluxe whiskey" (just my opinion). I'd only think it's a waste to mix JW Gold or above.

I don't typically consider JW Red or below to be ideal for drinking (straight or mixed) BUT if I'm out with a bunch of Thai boys of different socio-economic means, I'll happily drink whatever they're comfortable with ordering... whether it's JW Red, Pipers or otherwise.

But if I'm with some Thai boys who want JW Black and feel comfortable with it, then great. Why deprive them of it when JW Black is a pretty ordinary whiskey to us? I think that's what Scottish is trying to say. It only gets outrageous if they start asking for JW Gold or JW Blue.

As for Newalaan saying JW Black is pretentious... that's a valid point, but since I don't usually consider drinking JW Red (even mixed) myself, it would be hypocritical to say your BF is just asking for JW Black to gain face. He might be genuine about preferring JW Black for its superior drinking qualities... but even if he isn't, why deprive him of the "status" thing? Make him happy!

March 31st, 2011, 15:20
Newalaan... You are cute when you get mad...

I hope you don't mean that literally.

He wouldn't be cute in a blackout dear, trust me.

March 31st, 2011, 16:55
Why don't you stick to posting pictures of monkeys and emoticons, you seem quite good at that.

OUCH!
:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

March 31st, 2011, 17:04
Why don't you stick to posting pictures of monkeys and emoticons, you seem quite good at that.

OUCH!

Great double act you guys have.

Reminds me of Mike & Bernie Winters.

Or maybe Rod Hull and Emu

:love4:

March 31st, 2011, 18:58

OUCH!

Reminds me of Mike & Bernie Winters.

Or maybe Rod Hull and Emu

Why Scottish, because I said OUCH? Oh get a grip on reality, dont get those tits in an uproar and put them back in your bra, dearie. All I said was OUCH!
I thought it was kinda funny, personally. Who was the last one that gave you a new asshole? I think it was NIRISH when you tried to tell him about his shit and he just took the piss outta ya.
Love ya dear. Dont take it so personal.
:sign5:

March 31st, 2011, 19:14
Well I don't actually have time to search through topics and posts to find out how many times you "two" have backed each other up, but from memory it seems pretty frequent. And of course Newalaan has recently declared your venue as "our beloved place"

Also interesting that you drag NIrish into this - because, again from memory, it was one of you "two" that flew to his defence.

And another interesting fact is that both of you have/have had multiple IDs on this forum

So it seems pretty much like a double-act to me - or maybe it's just a case of "birds of a feather".

Finally, whenever you or your sidekick bite back it reminds me of the famous remark by Denis Healey on being attacked by a particular opponent - that it was 'like being savaged by a dead sheep'

PS I have just noticed that Unkie has logged off - but guess who has just logged on???? Why it's Newalaan - so I guess it's his turn to comment - unless he sees my PS of course :sign5:

Beachlover
March 31st, 2011, 22:31
I kind of thought it was a triple act with you as the third... :rolling:

March 31st, 2011, 22:35
I kind of thought it was a triple act with you as the third... :rolling:

It could be a Troupe - if we incorporated yourself and Surfy

:rolling:

newalaan
April 1st, 2011, 04:38
Is BT coming to an end?No it's not. I thought i'd better address the thread subject before addressing other some 'bits'n'pieces' from the thread, only one or two!

seeing Scottish in a spat with NewalaanNaaa....there won't be much of a spat this time after this post. I answered his ill informed, rather bitter and niave mouth-frothing diatribe, he knows he doesn't have a clue what the fuck he was blathering on about this time and has ALREADY resorted to insipid, tired, boring old tat. There is nothing more to be said regarding that. Also i've learned from the last difference of opinion with SG, that while he may get an audience (however small, it may have risen to 4 recently) with his picking-off of threads originated by others one at a time and in very small snippets, when he's pushed for any long haul spats..he frankly becomes tedious and boring VERY QUICKLY and dealing with his "witty repetoire" is a bit like defending a wicket with a four foot square bat from some tosser lobbing beachballs at you.

As for the whiskey thing... Now Beachlover, there are some things you can 'get away with' discussing or arguing about on this forum, BUT giving us the 'benefit' of your all-of-ten-minutes on this earth around 'Scotch' whisky isn't going to carry any weight here with guys who have been drinking the stuff for more years than you have (apparently) been alive. There are some things you would be much better advised to keep quiet about.......THIS being one of them.

To most of us, JW Black is fine to mix and nothing special. I wouldn't call it a "deluxe whiskeyOk BL lets stick to the facts. Johnny Walker describe their whisky as DELUXE because that's what it is Beachlover. 12 year old matured whisky is classed as deluxe the world over, whether YOU call it that or not, matters not a jot...DELUXE it is. However I do agree its 'nothing special'. JWBL is a mass market whisky sold via strong advertising to the brainwashed, it would never be on most whisky drinkers wishlists. Quote Scottish-guy.... "Anybody who knows Anything" about whisky.......would spend their ┬г15-20 or in Scottish-guy's case ┬г70! on something else.

But if I'm with some Thai boys who want JW Black and feel comfortable with it, then greatBeachlover, most Thai boys wouldn't know the difference between "song-phet-ha" "100 pipers" or a "25 year old Macallans" if swimming in mixers, that is just the fact of the matter nothing to do with being judgemental. They have their strength of knowledge regarding their home produced alcohol, and many are able to tell the difference between 40% Lao Khao and 35% Lao Khao just on the tasting...my friend in Bkk can tell the difference between original Lao Khao from it's Khon Kaen factory compared to Lao Khao sourced from any other production plants.That bet cost me 80 baht!

Now if you want to pay ┬г70/Bt3000 for you or your 'bannock' boy to 'feel comfortable' or gain a few HISO brownie points from complete strangers it is certainly 'your call' for me its an insane waste of money. Money which, would be much better off being used to stuff in the boys pocket and it might even make its way back to mama in Issan or the monthly room rent.

Why deprive them of it when JW Black is a pretty ordinary whiskey to us?Being deprived BL, is when somebody who is starving doesn't get something to eat, "missing out" on two hours of advertising HISO status does NOT count.

And of course Newalaan has recently declared your venue as "our beloved place"That means my bf and I "like it" same as yourself, only I've visited ONCE not multiple times like yourself and I've NEVER met the owner, have you? I'm pretty sure you have! Double act you say?
'like being savaged by a dead sheep' Ho Ho Ho! Sooo funny! and only heard it a million+ times. if you can't think of anything ORIGINAL Scottish-guy....steal someone else's!....... its a good idea and would certainly improve the 'material' but best to steal from somebody who is actually funny.

Well I don't actually have time to search through topics and posts to find out how many times blah blah blah Can we take it your obsession with me is complete for the time being, or can we expect more 'gems' from that back catalogue of dust covered rusty old garbage you pass off as 'wit' because the 'tediumometer' reading has ALREADY lurched to 'rock bottom'.
PS I have just noticed that Unkie has logged off - but guess who has just logged on???? Why it's Newalaan Do you require help with your irrational paranoia? I've trained the cat to log on and off all evening is it confusing you?
trust me.Not on your fucking life!
Oh get a grip on realityThat's unfair...let him enjoy his HISO jet-set status, in that world he is a 'high roller' he'll find 'reality' quick enough back in farangland, when he realises 20 year old farang boys just AIN'T interested in his classy Oliver Hardy 'look', his bottles of Black and his fat wallet which has deflated to gossamer since the baht notes got replaced by ┬г's.

April 1st, 2011, 06:46
You certainly like the sound of your own "voice" don't you.

Pity there's so few listening OR taking you seriously, isn't it.

Must be galling I guess - hence the latest tirade, a form of masturbation I suppose.

Oh well - happy wanking.

:occasion9: :occasion9:

Beachlover
April 1st, 2011, 09:06
I've trained the cat to log on and off all evening is it confusing you?
I love you both. :bis:

newalaan
April 1st, 2011, 17:06
Once again apologies to the OP for the off topic diversion, but scottish-guy's inaccuracies and deluded ramblings requred an answer.

You certainly like the sound of your own "voice" don't you.This reply is coming from a 1,764-post tosser who has somthing to say about everything to everybody about absolutely nothing. At least you have come up with something that's actually funny this time, arbeit unintentionally......you have'nt managed that in a post for ages.
Pity there's so few listening OR taking you seriously, isn't it.The remarks were directed at you and Beachlover, as long as you are reading them thats WELL good enough for me. We dont ALL crave/need/yearn for an 'audience' to acknowledge our very existance.
Must be galling I guess - hence the latest tirade, a form of masturbation I supposeIS THAT IT? this is the very best you can come up with? Oh dear the 'original funny quip' cupboard seems VERY bare. Placed beside your lastest sad, unfunny reply those two emoticons look more out of place than ever, as soon as they make an appearance I KNOW the written stuff ain't going to be up to much
Oh well - happy wankingAt least you are getting some pleasure from it - enjoy your ten seconds of ecstasy!

And as the lights dimmed a sad forlorn figure shuffled wearily from the stage as the last two members of his audience acknlowedged his pathetic departure with a sigh of relief "come on Scottish-guy" they enthused "dont give up just yet!" "give The Krankies a call they've got some great material that'll suit your style!". I've never met scottish-guy but going by info received from his very naughty little shit-stirring (supposed) supporters.....he would be able to take the place of Janette Krankie and no one would be able to tell the difference. That might seem a little harsh on Janette Krankie but that's the rumour.

thonglor55
April 1st, 2011, 17:22
Perhaps an audience singalong might help the shows and these bars survive. I propose one of my favorites, still taught in Sunday School. It begins:

I plow the boys and scatter
My good seed on their face

All together now ...

April 1st, 2011, 18:48
(insert various ramblings of little import, interest or literary merit here)

There's ONE part of your outpouring that I found enlightening and surprising:

I have supporters?

By Jove!

Unfortunately the rest of your contribution was just a pot of pish.

:sharm: :sharm:

newalaan
April 1st, 2011, 23:10
the rest of your contribution was just a pot of pishGiven that it's all about you, a 'pot of pish' would seem about right. Here was me thinking you had 'dried up'...but no! you can still come back with that 'killer' one-liner even a five year old would be proud of! Would the "pot of pish" be your example of the "literary merit" you mention? You are SUCH a loser.....blathers on about others lack of 'literary merit' and follows it up with 'pot of pish'......

I have supporters? Well not the kind I'd like to have. However i did say (supposed) supporters. You know, those who publicly goad-you-on with support and stand quietly by as you make an arse of yourself, then go behind your back to reveal what they really feel, at the same time giving out little bits of unkind information about you, the FULL details of which I would of course, never reveal, not even about a snivelling little sad old tosser (that's you by the way) who thinks nothing of running to the first mod who will listen to his queeny pathetic whining when unable to stand up for himself against an online, cyberspace, anonymous forum handle. "mr mod" "mr mod" "help...help!".

as soon as they make an appearance I KNOW the written stuff ain't going to be up to much I didn't think this claim would be proved beyond all shadow of doubt quite so quickly. Two 'organ grinding' emoticons appear in 'scottish-guys' hopefully last desperate claim for the 'last word' and true-to-form the accompanying text isn't EVEN as good as 'not up to much'.

Is there another round to go or has that neurotic paranoia finally settled down? The cat and I are bored with this now.

April 2nd, 2011, 02:42
....Is there another round to go or has that neurotic paranoia finally settled down? The cat and I are bored with this now.

Oh there's more to go - but I'll restrict it to 2 challenges:

Firstly, these alleged or "supposed" supporters (whom I never even knew I had, whom I certainly have never met, and who know precisely no personal details about me at all) - these people with whom you are allegedly in constant conniving conversation (that's called alliteration by the way) - who exactly would these people be and why would you accept what they have to say (if anything) as being in any way accurate? Hmmmm?
Come on - just ONE will do.
If you can't name any then don't expect to be taken seriously.
More bluff and bluster from the resident windbag, I suspect.

Secondly, I am only aware of ONE Mod on this board - ie. Jinks - and I will state here and now that I have never complained to Jinks about ANY poster on this board or sought ANY intervention on my behalf. In fact I'm almost certain I have never even PM'd Jinks on any subject - and if any of those statements are untrue then Jinks has my full agreement to contradict them and give full details. Just in case there is MORE than one Mod - I give the same agreement to any others.

So.... it's over to you - put up or shut up.

newalaan
April 2nd, 2011, 05:33
So.... it's over to you - put up or shut up.I SAID! the cat and I are bored with this now!

then don't expect to be taken seriously.I don't.
almost certain yes but that's not exactly the same as 'certain' is it? thats the same as 'not certain' but trying to bluff it. definitely certain is acceptable, anything which contains....almost, nearly, fairly, kinda,maybe,quite, just about......will not.

Oh there's more to go - but I'll restrict it to 2 challenges:Ohhh there's more to go is there? ...really?...well excuse me for not giving a rats arse. nobody...that is NOBODY could give a flying fuck about you or your obsession...you are one creepy individual..so how about THIS for a challenge.......try to shut-the-fuck-up for more than a minute.

Firstly,...blah blah ho hum.....
Secondly....blah blah ho
thirdly...blah blah
forth...blah
fifth..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

WE ARE PAST CARING.

April 2nd, 2011, 05:58
What mirrors? the only mirrors i could see are on the sides, so how the fuck can they look at themselves, unless they have 360 degree revolving heads? if you don't like the place, don't go. I was in there tonight, and the place was at least 80% full, and as for lady boys? they had about 12 boys and 3 lady boys in the show, and for sure they do the best lady gaga i have ever seen, the i who have nothing song is rather boring, but that aside, it is good fun, and some nice a gogo boys

April 2nd, 2011, 06:50
Hi,

Who was that guy who sai 'Brevity is the soul of wit' :dontknow: :dontknow:

I am sure some genius can google it up, Me, I can't be arsed! :evil4:

April 2nd, 2011, 16:15
(insert hysterical outpourings to mask frenzied backtracking here)

Weeding out all the bluff and bluster from your last offering - it's crystal clear that you can't substantiate either of the claims you made:

1) The alleged vitriolic comments you are receiving from people who allegedly know me.
2) your repeated accusations that I have complained to SGT mod/s about other posters.

I think that tells anybody who was tempted to take you seriously, all they need to know.

newalaan
April 2nd, 2011, 22:56
With regards to the topic of 'Is Boys Town coming to an end' ......'devilsadvocate's' fair and unbiased opinion has to be taken note of.

more zzzzzzzzHaven't you finished yet? Well at least you haven't interupted any more threads with your inane irrational behaviour. Scottish-guy, EVERYBODY has switched off from this thread, there is NOBODY reading this now, just you and me, your audience sneaked out LONG ago during one of your sleep-inducing attempts to deflect everything away from your ill-informed embarassing ramblings, so what's the point in continuing with this cringingly sad and desperate attempt to claw back your dignity?

Weeding out all the bluff and bluster from your last offering - it's crystal clear that you can't substantiate either of the claims you made:
1) The alleged vitriolic comments you are receiving from people who allegedly know me. 2) your repeated accusations that I have complained to SGT mod/s about other posters. I think that tells anybody who was tempted to take you seriously, all they need to know.It's interesting to see that since I hinted there may have been indiscretions from possible members here, there have been absolutely no comments/denials/anything from anybody regarding scottish-guy, mind you there weren't any earlier either, such is the disinterest in him. As I say, they, along with the rest of the forum, have long since 'switched off' from this....scottish-guys latest self-indulgent 'all about me' marathon of hot air.

But, you were indeed right all along IT WAS ALL BLUFF. I admit it. However....I did not at any time say 'they' knew you. I said 'they' gave info on you. 'They' know OF you. The comments were NOT vitriolic you just made that up for dramatic effect (as usual). I do not know these people, 'they' are handles on the internet, in cyberspace, i cannot vouch for their authenticity.If you do not look like Janette Krankie as has been suggested i apologise to Janette, it was mean to suggest she could actually be that ugly.

It is clear from your level headed, controlled and non-confrontational manner you are the type of member who would never have the need to be in dialogue with, or have had contact in any way, in either direction, with any mods, owners or those with anything to do with SGT, and any information you may have gained in advance of any action being taken by said individuals regarding any handles on SGT would have been quite by accident. It was an unfair rouse by me to suggest that you might be in any way, shape or form a snivelling little creep.

I wholly accept that you are not in any way either mentally abnormal, or retarded. You are a sane, well balanced individual with no chips on your shoulder nor are you at anytime fazed when another poster criticises any of your down-to-earth opinions. You are not and have never engaged in differences of opinion which show you to be a pompous self obsessed tosser with an ego the size of Glasgow. It is clear that part of your humble character has been vastly overplayed.

After printing-off to read and absorb your very serious concerns about unfair and possibly untrue allegations regarding your good character, after some seconds of consideration, passed them over the cat who promptly shit on them, after which she seemed satisfied to acknowledge that your comments do indeed now have considerable litter-tray merit.

I hope this genuine retraction will finally deal with your insecurities and hopefully put an END to your obsession (even though i'm much flattered by your attention) with me. A reply in emoticons would be most welcome, as would a picture of a meerkat or some other amusing creature in place of a reply with literary merit.

April 2nd, 2011, 23:18
Hey Scotty, some of your one liners and comments are fine by me. :king:

Up2U
April 2nd, 2011, 23:30
Is BT coming to an end?No it's not. I thought i'd better address the thread subject before addressing other some 'bits'n'pieces' from the thread, only one or two!

Spoken like a true BT apologists.

gaymandenmark
April 3rd, 2011, 00:04
Nothing is more boring than laptop warriors that hijack a thread. :lam:
Get a life, grow-up and get out of that kindergarden.
BTW my father is bigger than yours. :nud:

April 3rd, 2011, 01:42
Scotty sorry I am so late in responding dear.
The onl,y side kick I have stayed with in backing him up here, is beachie, and I might say that I have posted recently that I am disappointed in his posts where he keeps dragging these things on and on. Kinda dished out some shit.

Newallan a side kick? Wow, first of all, YES I have read some of his posts, but I do not know him, dont PM him and I dont BELIEVE I ever responded to any of his posts. I may have said thank you some time but I do believe that is about it. If he logged on after me, well I think that may have been a coinsidence, and you are just getting a bit paranoid again. like the time someone called you or you b/f on the phone and would not say who they were, or when someone was following you from Boys Town to your hotel, etc etc etc. Relax baby, take a zanex.

I am not sure but I think Newallan "might" be referring to the spat you and I had along time ago and you said that you thought maybe the moderators would be interested in giving their opinion on some of the things I said. Id rather not go into specifics, but maybe thats what he is referring to as that was the only time I heard you mention something about going to the moderators.

What can I say about your quick witted one liners. Sometimes I find them a little amusing and sometimes I think you already know they are downright evil and vindictive. We have had our discussions about them.

Well I hope you dont take this as bashing you or sticking up for someone that compliments me cause that is totally untrue.

April 3rd, 2011, 01:51
Amazing new dreary topics!
Is Boyztown coming to an end....is Jomtien Complex coming to and end, is Sunee Plaza dead and deserted and coming to and end. Oh my,give me a knife to bring my life to an end!! :sign5:
Sweeties, Boyztown is seeing low % of tourists due to high prices and the economy. Throw in the red shirts for a few percentege points and there ya haz it.
When the econonomies around the world pick up, so will the number of tourists because they can travel back and forth more often.
Until then, you need to read the papers and watch the news although all of them paint that the world is ending!! :sign5:

Up2U
April 3rd, 2011, 06:14
Yes, those dreary new topics which mimicked this original thread were started by a troll to perhaps divert attention.

Justme, I give you credit for being creative and trying different things but what we need is more business ideas (like yours) that challenge the failed BT business model. As I mentioned earlier the problems with BT go far beyond the typical excuses of economy, strong baht, yellow shirts, red shirts, etc. The whole BT culture of not understanding their base clientele and taking them for granted needs to change. The gay tourists and expat now have other options, and BT is not one of them for me or my friends. If BT does not right the ship within a few years that BT sign will read "GirlsTown". This high season was one of the most memorable on record. I have never seen so many tourists. Getting a sawng taeo in the evenings going to Pattaya from JomTien was nearly impossible. Walking Street and malls were packed. But a walk through BT and the question was "where are the customers?".

newalaan
April 3rd, 2011, 07:59
Nothing is more boring than laptop warriors that hijack a thread. Get a life, grow-up and get out of that kindergarden.
BTW my father is bigger than yours. Yes there is something more boring and that is....the type of laptop lurkers like you, who hijack a thread just to tell us other laptop warriors have hijacked the thread, unless of course you do actually have something to add to the topic about Boys Town's apparently imminent demise.

It would appear you have logged onto the wrong forum....... try gaybuttonthai.com.

like the time someone called you or you b/f on the phone and would not say who they were, or when someone was following you from Boys Town to your hotel, etc etc etcWhat? scottish-guy's spat is NOT an isolated incident? It must have been one of the many of his 1,640 posts i missed when zipping right past them. Was it Johnny controversy who was following him around?

When the econonomies around the world pick up, so will the number of tourists because they can travel back and forth more often.While it seems it might be sometime yet before things pick up enough, I think your reference to 'back and forth' is relevant. Those who do still only visit as opposed to being able to retire in Thailand, will probably still try to come, but the frequency and duration of visits are already/will be cut back.

There are now many in the same boat as a semi-retired friend from England who,directly due to the world economic situation, can't yet afford to fully retire, and although will still visit Thailand has cut back the amount and length of his trips drastically, in his case from 3 trips of 2 months, to one trip per year, this since last year and expects that to go on for at least another two years. Although there are many comments about westerners not coming, i think at least some of this is down to the fact that the 'regulars' still come alright, but much less frequently and with less disposible income for any number of economic reasons over the last 2 years.

April 3rd, 2011, 08:44
Exactly, but if I agree with you I might be accused of being in bed with you or something stupid like that! :sign5:
Scottish..... you know, as I get older, fatter and less healthy, as you have been so kind to point out over the last year, ya know, I dont remember things as well or as quickly, but they somethimes do come back to me. So I forgot to ask you something my dear. Remember a few months ago when you accused me of having the mods delete some postings in various threads and having threads locked? And I said that I did not know what the f... you were talking about. Did you ever contact them to see that in fact it was just all a bad dream? When you say some things that are mean and I do mean mean, such as when you told everyone what I did for a living in my previous profession, and you were quite incorrect as I pointed out to you, or what I enjoy in bed and a host of other cutsey stuff like that, and you think its humourous. As you so candidly pointed out to me, You come to this forum to have "fun" and when it stops being fun, well you are not happy. The problem is what YOU refer to as fun.nSee the problem here is that she makes cutsey little nasty remarks and then she gets mad when someone gets mad at her for saying them.
By the way, I did not "bring NIrish" into this love hate relationship and you see he has not responded, I mearly remided you that you made a cutesy remark to him also and he blew up in your face. Of course he was not as sweet and loving to you as I have tried so hard to do, but you keep accusing me of things and I grow weary!

BY the way again, LOL, I did have 2 minutes to search thru old posts and come up with the thread where you got into a horribke tif with NIrish and NOBODY came to his defense! Is that your mind playing halucinations on you again dear?
Go here to refresh your memory.
gay-thailand-f9/expecting-anyone-from-the-don-t20504.html?hilit=nirish#p216674 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/expecting-anyone-from-the-don-t20504.html?hilit=nirish#p216674)

Lova ya! :love4: :sign5:

CoffeeBreak
April 3rd, 2011, 10:16
"justme" your postings smack of desperation. Have u got nothing better to do than place posts here which are really just attempts to advertise your bar? The gay scene in Pattaya is changing. Amongst other things the economy, the influx of Russians, the internet are all factors involved. Many boys have become wise to the fact they are better off selling their wares through the likes of gay romeo then letting some pimp who is controlling prostitutes in a bar make money from them.
I myself have had boys from the internet wanting to go with me who are currently working at HP but they are so unattractive I have rejected each and very one of them.

So I ask rhetorically: how long do we have to suffer with the ugly and boring messages posted here by the appropriately named self centered and self interested "justme"????

April 3rd, 2011, 10:46
Oh Coffeebreak, how many times do you feel the need to attack me over the last couple of months. You get boring and you are deperate to make posts about me. Find something else to occupy your time.

See your post of last time. You seem to have a history of having a hard on for my bar. Your opinion is anything but nuetral!

I have visited Happy Place on one occasion and decided never again. The decor and ambience is pleasant enough but in my opinion the quality of the go go dancers to be of a low standard. What annoys me is that on the web site there appears to be some good looking guys but the reality is on the night I went to this bar the web site cuties bore absolutely no relationship to the plain and unattractive dancers I saw on stage.

Which numerous patrons of the bar that are Swatdee members know is untrue!

OH and PS, Isnt it amazing how it is the moderator who comes up with the idea of copying my logo and putting it on mysignature on both Unkiebuck and Justme and not at my request or prodding whatsoever and it is I who gets your tongue!!! If you want to ask him if you have the balls! :sign5:

zinzone
April 3rd, 2011, 14:44
I agree with coffee-break. I have visited happy place bar twice and each time the dancers are nothing like the web pictures. The bar must be doing badly as the owner would not be spending most of his time trying to "sell" it in cyber space.

homeseeker
April 3rd, 2011, 14:49
Thx the input guys,I will be back in Pattaya this week and my friends in BKK told me that HappyPlace was a waste of time and u have confirmed it for me.

April 3rd, 2011, 17:44
Oh Coffee Break, it is obvious that you have something up your ass as I have invited you down to the bar so I can have you look at the website and I will personally show you the boys. As I also stated, some boys do go home or take a day or two off and not every single boy is there every single night.

It is obvious from your posts and the posts and the posts of your pals, that you are all one in the same and just trying to make it look like everyone hates the bar. :sign5:
really kinda stupid when our bar is near full and full almost every night and we average about 10 offs a night, so obviously, well I guess there are opinions rather than your own!
:thebirdman: :thebirdman: :thebirdman: :alc: :alc: :alc:

thonglor55
April 3rd, 2011, 17:47
Oh Coffee Break, it is obvious that you have something up your ass ...One of your boys perhaps?

CoffeeBreak
April 3rd, 2011, 18:14
"justme": no attack on you nor do I hate your bar though I note others who post on this web site seem to have come to the same opinion as me. I was actually complimentary about your bar except for the quality of the dancers. What I am prepared to do in the near future-and when I have time- is to go along to your 'happy place' and see if there is any improvement from my last visit. I will post my report here.
I will have no difficulty changing my view about the place if there is justifiable reason to do so.

April 3rd, 2011, 19:00
"justme": no attack on you nor do I hate your bar though I note others who post on this web site seem to have come to the same opinion as me. I was actually complimentary about your bar except for the quality of the dancers. What I am prepared to do in the near future-and when I have time- is to go along to your 'happy place' and see if there is any improvement from my last visit. I will post my report here.
I will have no difficulty changing my view about the place if there is justifiable reason to do so.

Wonderful. And before you say that the boys on the web are not in the bar, please bring your laptop.

April 4th, 2011, 06:08
Scottish..... you know, as I get older, fatter and less healthy, as you have been so kind to point out over the last year...

I would never say anything like that that - it would be so unfair - you're no fatter now than you ever were!

...Remember a few months ago when you accused me of having the mods delete some postings in various threads and having threads locked? Did you ever contact them?...

No, I didn't because I don't behave that way - but I stand by what I said at the time.

When you say some things that are mean and I do mean mean, such as when you told everyone what I did for a living in my previous profession

No, I don't think I did actually - I think I hinted it was sex-trade related, I certainly didnt go into specifics because I might want to save that for another time dear - and I'm entirely correct as you well know, so don't get sniffy, dear

...or what I enjoy in bed and a host of other cutsey stuff like that, and you think its humourous. As you so candidly pointed out to me, You come to this forum to have "fun" and when it stops being fun, well you are not happy. The problem is what YOU refer to as fun.nSee the problem here is that she makes cutsey little nasty remarks and then she gets mad when someone gets mad at her for saying them.
By the way, I did not "bring NIrish" into this love hate relationship

Now this is interesting, I accused Newalaan of dragging Nirish into it, not you - getting your identities mixed up again Neal? As for what you enjoy in bed, I may have mentioned you like it up the chute dear but that's not half of it as you well know. :rolling: There's the matter of QUANTITY - but if you want me to go into that, just let me know.

BY the way again, LOL, I did have 2 minutes to search thru old posts and come up with the thread where you got into a horribke tif with NIrish and NOBODY came to his defense! Is that your mind playing halucinations on you again dear?
Go here to refresh your memory.
gay-thailand-f9/expecting-anyone-from-the-don-t20504.html?hilit=nirish#p216674 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/expecting-anyone-from-the-don-t20504.html?hilit=nirish#p216674)

Refresh yours:

Thread: Pattaya Boys VS Bangkok Boys

PostAuthor: Alaan ┬╗ Tue 21 Dec, 2010 12:40 pm

That was before HE changed his ID to newallan of course. Can't remember which of your multiple IDs you were using at that time.

newalaan
April 4th, 2011, 07:53
Now this is interesting, I accused Newalaan of dragging Nirish into it, not you - getting your identities mixed up again Neal?Someone is mixed up alright YOU! I take back any retraction of your not being mentally ill scottish-guy. You accused JUSTME of dragging Nirish into it NOT me...you sad braincell-diminished old git.... Justme was enquiring who was the last one to give you a new asshole..and suggested that it was Nirish. YOUR reply to JUSTME'S post was, and I quote, "also interesting that you drag Nirish into this" YOU'RE LOSING IT scottish-guy, how old are you by-the-way? I'd assumed you are younger than the 85 year old's brain which appears to inhabit that massive head of yours!

Yes it's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world especially for scottish-guy. Is it safe to take anything he says seriously?...it seems not! Again take some of your own advice.........
Refresh yours: by going to page two of THIS thread.
Or in a language you'll understand....:laughing3: :rolling: :sign5:

April 4th, 2011, 08:53
Give up Newalaan, you are talking to the deaf. She talks without checking her facts and she thinks she must keep dishing out her catty nasty burbs or SGT will not be interesting!
:tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

April 4th, 2011, 14:04
You're correct!

It WAS Alaan/Newalaan who dragged Nirish into it - my error in ascribing the comment to the wrong half of the gruesome twosome i.e Unkiebuck/JustMe.

The multiple IDs don't help, but no excuses from SG - I was wrong on that point.

The good news is I was RIGHT on all the others!

April 4th, 2011, 17:17
Really really pathetic. He is so "funny?" No pathetic.

April 4th, 2011, 17:37
just for the record "no one dragged me into anything" as I haven't made any comment in this thread up until now and that's purely for the simple reason of I've already told Scottish what I thought of him ( i.e that he's a total dick) and hence feel no need to waste anymore of my time repeating that to him, that is all.

newalaan
April 4th, 2011, 18:17
You're correct!Really? your stating of the bleeding obvious is unnecessary we already know!
but no excuses from SG - I was wrong on that point.Only because it is so blatent, in your face, not to be disputed, FACT. If there were any chance of diversion, with even the smallest chance you could possibly squirm out of it......you would. The needless faux sincerity of your 'admission' won't count towards any saving of your credibility THAT disappeared long ago. Dignity should be your focus....trying to save that.

The good news is I was RIGHT on all the others!And the bad news (for you) is that nobody gives a fuck. You would be as well just talk to the mirror than waste your time on here, there is only me (and possibly justme) left reading your drivel. And where it was initially entertaining and amusing watching your full-flamed puffed-up sense of self-importance reduce to a 'peep', the pathetic,incoherant confused state that you now present is merely......sad sad sad
just for the record "no one dragged me into anything" as I haven't made any comment in this thread up until now and that's purely for the simple reason of I've already told Scottish what I thought of him ( i.e that he's a total dick)Even Nirish recognises the confusion you have created needs to be clarified, although his opinion of your being a 'total dick' obviously does not.

I was going to re-name you 'Lola' in recognition of the recent mixed up, muddled up, shook up world in which you appear to now inhabit, but that would be a massive insult to Ray Davies, that and the fact the subjct matter of that song may be 'too close to home' for you. Despite all the differences, and given your state of mind seems to be balanced on the knife-edge of sanity-insanity, we would'nt want you reaching for that pill cabinet, although the child-proof caps on the bottles would, on recent evidence of confusion, present something of a challenge for you.

Good god man haven't you finished making a complete arse of yourself YET?

thenorthguy
April 4th, 2011, 18:42
Really who gives a fuck......if it does come to an end what will then fill this post....

April 5th, 2011, 08:04
Scottish-guy, recently I found the need to have it out once and for all with Surfcrest. Now I find the same need for me to do the same with you as you are obnoxious in a way that you think is cutsey. Its not. Its rude and backfires against you regualrly.

Scottish..... you know, as I get older, fatter and less healthy, as you have been so kind to point out over the last year...

I would never say anything like that that - it would be so unfair - you're no fatter now than you ever were!....
Big fucking deal. I am fat. Thanks for being so kind as to exemplify that. Hello everyone, I am fat, really humongous. Big deal. I paid for it and
am paying for it dearly now, so what?
There was a time which you said you were running to seek moderation and yet you now deny that....

I await any moderation with the greatest of interest.

Remember a few months ago when you accused me of having the mods delete some postings in various threads and having threads locked? Did you ever contact them?

No, I didn't because I don't behave that way - but I stand by what I said at the time....
This is twice that you have stated that i have had threads locked and postings deleted.
Well dear, I hate to tell you that I am not a moderator and have no ability to have threads locked or postings deleted. I think its your halucinations playing mind games on you again.
Just a quick thought, IF I had that ability, then I would have been able to avoid stepping in as much poop shit over the months as I have and everyone has remind me of!! :sign5:

When you tell people what I did for a living......I told you back then and I will tell you again dear, i was a manufacturer of adult sex toys for 35 years! I designed and produced sex toys in China and sold them to 250 stores in USA and vafious parts of the world, I was also the largest producer of POPPERS in the USA selling about 30,000 bottles a month. SOO FUCKING WHAT.

If you can bring yourself to avoid the substance with the chemical formula C5H11NO2F (and its related compounds)
[quote="scottish-guy":v8z4waea]Neil, darling - you have a long and vested interest in the sex trade [/quote:v8z4waea]

No, I don't think I did actually - I think I hinted it was sex-trade related, I certainly didnt go into specifics because I might want to save that for another time dear - and I'm entirely correct as you well know, so don't get sniffy, dear.

The secret is out evveryone, UNKIEBUCK/JUSTME sold sex toys and POPPERS in the USA! Hello everyone. POPPERS. Wow, like it is cocaine or something. Dear, get a grip, 1/2 the people on this board wish they had them now.

Or how about what I like in bed?

I hear he's extremely fond of being plugged!!
Hey everyone!!! I am a bottom. I like getting plugged as Scottish puts it. I like boys with big cocks, toys, fingers, hands and a bit of S & M. Now there you have it Scottish. Such secrets. It doesnt matter to me, 80% of the boys know what I like so why not the farang?

You say you know me for at least 10 years so I do believe that even though you deny it, you ARE one of the two gruesome twosome at the AMBIANCE or an employee. But deny it and post shit against them all you want. You cant convince me as you know too any details from my 10 years at the Ambiance!
And if you are not, why dont you tell us who YOU are? Oh I forgot, this is an "anonymous forum". the only one who can reveal identities and gossip is you! :dontknow:

What an asshole! You think I care that you have a real fucking big mouth and want to put this shit in print? THERE, its even bigger now in print. The only one who looks like a shit here is you!

Now I have had my fill of you also. Bye bye and find someone else now you can make fun of.

thonglor55
April 5th, 2011, 09:37
Another self-important drama queen on the prowl. When will the Mods provide the Cat Fights Forum?

April 5th, 2011, 10:10
Another self-important drama queen on the prowl. When will the Mods provide the Cat Fights Forum?
Thonglor, I have nothing against you but if you think that anyone would believe that if someone were shooting shit at you and you would sit back and be quiet, well we all know that wouldnt happen now would you? :dontknow:

thonglor55
April 5th, 2011, 13:29
Thonglor, I have nothing against you but if you think that anyone would believe that if someone were shooting shit at you and you would sit back and be quiet, well we all know that wouldnt happen now would you? :dontknow:Do you read none of the nonsense that combat and Beachlover post about me? I defy you to find instances of me not sitting back and happily mocking them. You want to say I'm an alcoholic, dishonest, fat, lazy slob with hemorrhoids and halitosis who's old, angry, bitter and ugly? Many have. Go ahead. I won't respond.

You on the other hand are a self-important drama queen and you cannot but respond.

April 5th, 2011, 15:48
Probably 90% of posters did not pick up on Unkie's former business (unless they are Chemists) or on his sexual habits - and of the remaining 10%, 9% probably didn't care anyway.

(I've omitted any guess at the percentage who already KNEW all of it - and I can assure the gentle readers of SGT that it was common knowledge and a regular subject of discussion amongst a number of the farang bar-owners anyway)

Anyway, the irony is that Unkie's latest petulant outburst has greatly widened the circle of knowledge.

But he says he doesn't care anyway - so one has to wonder why is he throwing his toys out the pram because I dropped some hints?

I await a point by point retort, in the style of Unkiebuck/JustMe.
As Thonglor55 says - he's incapable of not responding - just like his sidekick.
Speaking of whom - perhaps the response will even come in the remarkably similar style of Alaan/NewAlaan (except he can spell).
OMG - I've just realised - maybe Unkie will respond by suddenly revealing he's a blind dyslexic and I'm mocking his disability.

:dontknow: :dontknow:

Now if you'll excuse me, according to Unkie I may well have a new frock to try on.

April 5th, 2011, 16:49
You want to say I'm an alcoholic, dishonest, fat, lazy slob with hemorrhoids and halitosis who's old, angry, bitter and ugly? Many have. Go ahead. I won't respond. You on the other hand are a self-important drama queen and you cannot but respond.
Oh my, you are absolutely correct that I need to respond to that!!
What in blazes do I have to do with Combat and Beachlover??? Nothing!

You want to say I'm an alcoholic, dishonest, fat, lazy slob with hemorrhoids and halitosis who's old, angry, bitter and ugly?
And when did I ever call you any of that crap???
I dont even think I have ever had ANY words with you both negative or positive! I may be wrong but I doubt it!

April 5th, 2011, 16:55
Scottish, maybe you can write but obviously, you cannot read!

Scottish-guy, recently I found the need to have it out once and for all with Surfcrest. Now I find the same need for me to do the same with you as you are obnoxious in a way that you think is cutsey. Its not. Its rude.... :lam:

April 5th, 2011, 18:52
You can have it in, you can have it out, you can shake it all about as far as I'm concerned.

Makes no difference to me.

I'm sure Surfcrest feels the same.

lonelywombat
April 5th, 2011, 18:58
No one is winning this pissing contest. Why dont you all let this thread die?

April 5th, 2011, 19:48
Suits me.

:bee:

April 5th, 2011, 20:27
It would suit all of us just fine...not to give anyone of you the last word!

April 5th, 2011, 20:36
But to find this lost topic again...BoyzTown is certainly coming to an end, at least in the way we once knew it....probably as most things do. Just look at the changes in the accommodation options along this street in recent years not to mention the bars changing names, hands and God knows what else. BoyzTown will always "attract" but it has so much more to compete with now whereas in years gone by it was the only game in town. The area will have to reinvent itself or die. To rely on tired old drag queens to brings the crowds in just ain't gonna work anymore...not for the older guys and certainly not the younger ones coming in.

gaymandenmark
April 5th, 2011, 21:18
I was there in december an I almost felt like being in a ghost town, at least compared to years before.
And also the boys were complaining of the lack of customers.
After one or two drinks I hurried back to Sunee.

Beachlover
April 5th, 2011, 21:23
LOL... What happened here? :dontknow:

Yes there is something more boring and that is....the type of laptop lurkers like you, who hijack a thread just to tell us other laptop warriors have hijacked the thread, unless of course you do actually have something to add to the topic
Agreed!

the owner would not be spending most of his time trying to "sell" it in cyber space.
Come on... You can't say Justme isn't a full participant in this board. He pays to sponsor this board but more importantly, he participates in all the slag fests as much as anyone else. :rolling:

I can have you look at the website and I will personally show you the boys. As I also stated, some boys do go home or take a day or two off and not every single boy is there every single night.
Consider a heap of other factors, such as the fact the portrait shots on your site are done under bright studio lighting conditions compared with your bar where it's dark.

Whatever the problem is it's clear a few members have complained about this so there's a problem somewhere... perhaps put a note on your website saying, "these photos were taken on... [date]... boys do have nights off so not every boy will be in the bar when you visit etc.". Also, maybe focus on showing the better looking boys in the photos.

newalaan
April 5th, 2011, 22:24
As Thonglor55 says - he's incapable of not responding Another 'classic' from the resident (now 1,778-post) 'mouth-on-a-stick' who can manage a response (however pitiful) even when his dignity has been subject to a forum roadkill which requires it to be scraped off the ground.

Why dont you all let this thread die? An option offered to scottish-guy on MORE than one occassion already, back then he preferred not to, however there seems to be a change of tack
Suits me.The words of a ...........?

As for "lonelywombat" and the newly arrived "come and go" with the 'all of us' he represents, if you don't like the contents why don't you.......skip-on-by, it's VERY easy rather than afford us the benfit of your enlightened wisdom...............if it dies, it dies, if there are willing participants, it goes on, much in the same way as any thread. If you don't want to further participate, the 'go' part of your handle would be the appropriate part to folllow.

at least compared to years before.
at least in the way we once knew it....probably as most things do.The title is Boys Town coming to an END as in finished, closed doors, cessation, expiry.....NOT as in "yes we dramatically declare it is coming to an END" and then shove in a few caviats such as "well compared to years ago" it's either coming to an END or it's not. As far as I can see it is NOT anytime soon. We know it's quieter than decades gone by, we know there are less customers blah blah blah...repeat blah blah.

So the day Toy Boys, Ambiance, Copa, Funny Boys, Le Cafe, Serene, Panorama, Oscars, BzBzBz etal, who have all been operating for much longer than perhaps a very small percentage of Sunee, ALL hang the "closing down notices" (a-la-sunee establishments which HAVE ALREADY in numbers) then it will be the END. Until then it may not be business quite as usual compared to 'other times' but it will still be in business, and although Sunee is by far my preferred early-evening place to lay back with a beer or wine, it is simply ridiculous to suggest the END is nigh for Boys Town just yet. In my humble opinion.

April 5th, 2011, 23:17
In my humble opinion.

That's really hard to take seriously.

newalaan
April 6th, 2011, 00:04
That's really hard to take seriously.As is your appearance. OBVIOUSLY a comment one of those already participating in this thread with a (previously) 'dormant' handle...but which one i wonder? Someone who may have previously stayed at the Mercure, Pattaya it would seem. My 'contacts' are 'onto' it and already offering me info.

April 6th, 2011, 04:19
Let me throw my hat into the ring!

I have stayed at the Mercure!!

And been attacked on threads concerning it -so it's well-known!!!

But wait a minute, according to you-know-who I have my own hotel, so why would I stay at the Mercure????

Maybe the Mercure post was a bluff!!!!!

Maybe it's a double bluff!!!!!! Or a Triple bluff!!!!!!!

Send for Quincey.

Surfcrest
April 6th, 2011, 04:43
Scottish, maybe you can write but obviously, you cannot read!

Scottish-guy, recently I found the need to have it out once and for all with Surfcrest. Now I find the same need for me to do the same with you as you are obnoxious in a way that you think is cutsey. Its not. Its rude.... :lam:
Surely if you have more to say in respect to this incident big guy youтАЩd know that thread is still open for you to comment to your heartтАЩs delight. You provided the link in your quote below to how well that тАЬhaving it out once and for all with SurfcrestтАЭ went for you. Your trolls on the CCTV warning signs thread have been noticed and dismissed as more of your bullshit for the great big pile youтАЩve already laid down for us already.

Also Scottish Guy....while you may JOKE about it, cameras are very important to see if you have a dishonest employee, or simply a CUSTOMER who is trying to run a SCAM which in this particular case, was very useful.

DAB69 you have definately not been keeping up on your reading material here on SGF. It was brought up now because one nameless member (who is clearly named in the Posting Guidelines Forum) is being accused of doing a very bad little no no and was cai\ught with hisself on camera, and dear I dont mean anything sexual! You may read all about it on that FORUM topic Posting Guidelines under the topics "Locked Homestay with HILLTRIBEs thread WTF. Entertaining to read but do so on a rainy night when you are not planning on going out as it takes too long. You may also click on this link and go directly there.
posting-guidelines-and-discussion-f11/locked-homestay-with-hilltribes-thread-wtf-t20867.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/posting-guidelines-and-discussion-f11/locked-homestay-with-hilltribes-thread-wtf-t20867.html)

And so.........

The reason Pattaya has changed is because it's full of retired low-lifes

Big fucking deal. I am fat. Thanks for being so kind as to exemplify that. Hello everyone, I am fat, really humongous. Big deal. I paid for it and am paying for it dearly now, so what?
I told you back then and I will tell you again dear, i was a manufacturer of adult sex toys for 35 years! I designed and produced sex toys in China and sold them to 250 stores in USA and vafious parts of the world, I was also the largest producer of POPPERS in the USA selling about 30,000 bottles a month. SOO FUCKING WHAT.
The secret is out evveryone, UNKIEBUCK/JUSTME sold sex toys and POPPERS in the USA! Hello everyone. POPPERS. Wow, like it is cocaine or something. Dear, get a grip, 1/2 the people on this board wish they had them now.

Hey everyone!!! I am a bottom. I like getting plugged as Scottish puts it. I like boys with big cocks, toys, fingers, hands and a bit of S & M. Now there you have it Scottish. Such secrets. It doesnt matter to me, 80% of the boys know what I like so why not the farang?

......you arenтАЩt helping my argument any justme!

newalaan
April 6th, 2011, 05:03
Send for Quincey. He's not required Lola, any further speculation regarding the mystery of DJ Hardhat's id has ALREADY been made redundant.

Beachlover
April 6th, 2011, 22:21
more of your bullshit for the great big pile youтАЩve already laid down for us already.
Surfcrest... Justme, Newalaan and Scottish could spend the rest of their days in a slagfest and still not out do your own breathtakingly stupid and dishonest act of fraud.

In fact, it's unlikely anyone will ever out do you. You posted a series of vicious attacks against a bar owner on this board, got dressed, went to that bar for the first time, LIED about the amount of cash handed over, went home, posted a fake story claiming you were scammed by the bar barely two hours later and then refused to view the camera footage, which shows you were lying!

This goes down in SGT history as the dumbest thing ever done by a "multiple billion dollar company" [your words] man! :rolling:
No need to discuss it any further here unless you can explain why you refused multiple offers to view the footage yourself... :occasion9:

newalaan
April 6th, 2011, 22:52
Surfcrest... Justme, Newalaan and Scottish could spend the rest of their days in a slagfest and still not out do your own breathtakingly stupid and dishonest act of fraud. Excuse me Beachlover, don't drag me into your 'slagfest' i have'nt been involved in that one, i was too busy with another "lively exchange of opinions" elsewhere. In fact i readily admit to reading only a very few snippets here and there,with possibly only one(or two) comment(s) even if that, and once i got 'the jist' of it, passed on virtually all of the rest.

You do realise that accusing my goodself of not being able to 'out do' Surfcrest in the "breathtakingly stupid and dishonest act of fraud" stakes does not count as a backhanded compliment, it's a full-on insult! Which makes you either one of two things....... "stupid" if it is not intentional and "breathtakingly stupid" if it is.

Beachlover
April 6th, 2011, 22:54
Newalaan... my apologies. It was not meant as an insult to you, justme or Scottish. I like all three of you and genuinely find your slagfests entertaining. :happy7:

April 6th, 2011, 23:52
YAWN!!

Surfcrest
April 7th, 2011, 00:46
This goes down in SGT history as the dumbest thing ever done by a "multiple billion dollar company" [your words] man! :rolling:
No need to discuss it any further here unless you can explain why you refused multiple offers to view the footage yourself... :occasion9:
You keep saying there's no need to discuss this further Beachlover and then you bring it up again. You weren't there Beachlover, this does not concern you. I would be more than happy to discuss this with justme in the applicable thread. No need for you Beachlover to spread your 30 pages of poo on the walls of every thread. You will grasp at any distraction (this being your favorite) to avoid the question. Let me show you the way back!

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/posting-guidelines-and-discussion-f11/locked-homestay-with-hilltribes-thread-wtf-t20867-75.html#p222394

gaymandenmark
April 7th, 2011, 03:08
Reading this is like playing Monopol, back to start, same, same but not different.

April 7th, 2011, 06:02
"breathtakingly stupid"

Was that ever in question?

April 7th, 2011, 09:33
It is not a mere coinsidence that one thread regarding Surfcrests attempt to .....well we all know what he tried to do.
We all have a brain cell or two and we know that the reason someone brought up CCTV just as the thread about the incident, well that wasnt by sheer coincidence either. To attempt to insiuate that the OP had nothing on his mind that one thread had nothing to do with the other..... well we are smarter than that arent we? So,keep bringing things up that have some relevance to the incident and I will make reference to it.
Bottom line, it is a requiren=ment here in Thailand. Doesnt matter what you quote is law or policy elsewhere in the world. There is absolutely no documentation that any CCTV footage was used for any other reason than to apprehend individuals that were blatently dishonest and CALLED in by the estabihments. The attept to make this look devious is a joke. Get on with something else.

thonglor55
April 7th, 2011, 13:27
Get on with something else.How will I be entertained over breakfast? I guess I'll have to look forward to another instalment from "The Life and Times of Homintern As Recounted By Beachlover". I'm not sure what else we can be told now that Beachlover has revealed the enormous belly below which homintern can't see his own penis. Something about his shoulders, perhaps?

April 7th, 2011, 17:26
Suits me. :bee:

Obviously "suits me" to drop this shit wasnt a suits me at all.

Beachlover
April 7th, 2011, 18:01
this does not concern you.
So your disgraceful attempt to scam and defraud a bar doesn't concern me. But your demand for private details - a list of precise dates/locations of my travels for the last five years for every nut case stalker on the web to see - does?

There's no point replying to your half-arsed stabs because almost every specific statement you make about other members(Unkie excepted since you met him) is a half-arsed guess based on false premises. It's not what we'd expect from a "multiple billion dollar company" man. :rolling:

You have a problem linking evidence to reality. Your repeated refusal to view the camera footage (evidence) of your disgraceful scam (reality) points to this.

I hope your "multiple billion dollar company" doesn't rely on you for its financial planning or reporting to be accurate. :rolling:

newalaan
April 7th, 2011, 22:46
almost every specific statement you make about other members here (Unkie excepted since you met him) is a half-arsed guess Wouldn't that premise apply to ALL members, other of course, than those actually niave/stupid/smug enough to go and reveal/flaunt their true identity/photos on the world wide internet. Surfcrest is only making exactly the same, possibly ill informed, possibly accurate conclusions about others just as everybody else, including Beachlover, HAS to make when dealing with anonymous handles on internet forums in cyberspace.

But your demand for private details such as a list of precise dates/locations of my travels for the last five years for every nut case stalker on the web to see does? Whether someone demands or kindly requests answers, it makes no difference, it's still up to YOU whether to divulge that info or not. But it's hardly worth bringing up at least twice and making such a fuss just because the question was asked.

It's absurd to think anybody could or would, use such details to 'stalk'. Firstly, details would have to be in the hands of the 'nut case' prior to their occuring, even then, standing outside the Dusit wondering in which of the 200 rooms 'Beachlover' (what no second name?) is or what he looks like, is a bit far fetched. Many of us here could be 'traced' to some degree through our snippets of trip reviews, staying where and when, and other small details we reveal during posting on forums, it seems a tad over dramatic to think it could form the basis for anything more sinisiter than a negative reply to a post. Reasoning like this,could, add to the feeling of many that it's just another deflection.

If it satisfies once-and-for-all Surfcrest, smiles and those with a similar obsession about you, while producing a verdict for those the 'jury is still out', it could be argued that the perfect opportunity has been presented to 'put the record straight' and if not taken up, could be concluded by some, that you are actually enjoying all the attention and the floods of posts that it allows you to make because of it.

Surfcrest
April 8th, 2011, 00:29
Many of us here could be 'traced' to some degree through our snippets of trip reviews, staying where and when, and other small details we reveal during posting on forums, it seems a tad over dramatic to think it could form the basis for anything more sinisiter than a negative reply to a post. Reasoning like this,could, add to the feeling of many that it's just another deflection.

This is precisely it. With 4267 posts in the last 3 years there should be something there....and for there not to be is incredibly suspicious.
Beachlover is using this bar incident as a deflection, even though this incident does not concern him, the fact that he wasn't there, has never been to Happy Boys and may never have been to Pattaya. He made a few generic descriptions about Civarome massage during a few days back in Aug 2008 and now chatters about Pattaya as though he lives there or something.

April 8th, 2011, 02:41
[quote="newalaan"]
Wouldn't that premise apply to ALL members, other of course, than those actually niave/stupid/smug enough to go and reveal/flaunt their true identity/photos on the world wide internet.

Hi,

Completely disagree. Some have reason to keep their identity and that is fine,others may feel giving their true identity gives credence to their points and ability to back these points up as opposed to vague remarks, accusations made by faceless members. :headbang:

That does not make a person smug or naive or stupid. :sunny:

Another point is with communications as they are now, is SGT any more protective of IDs than Facebook,YouTube, Twitter,it is all laid bare. Your IDs can be traced.

OK you have the guys who only use internet Cafes,but isn't that how they caught a British National in Thailand who they were anxiously looking for,through the ID of the internet Cafe backed up by the video surveillance used inside the video cafe to monitor customers. :headbang:

WE ARE ALL BEING WATCHED OVER BY BIG BROTHER.............WE'RE DOOMED! :evil4:

God, in the UK you can even follow and trace a mobile phone that you lose in a taxi.... :laughing3:

I know for a fact a friend of mine based in Bangkok traced the person bad mouthing him in Pattaya through the web user ID number or whatever you call it.

lexusgs
April 8th, 2011, 03:53
Many of us here could be 'traced' to some degree through our snippets of trip reviews, staying where and when, and other small details we reveal during posting on forums, it seems a tad over dramatic to think it could form the basis for anything more sinisiter than a negative reply to a post. Reasoning like this,could, add to the feeling of many that it's just another deflection.

This is precisely it. With 4267 posts in the last 3 years there should be something there....and for there not to be is incredibly suspicious.
Beachlover is using this bar incident as a deflection, even though this incident does not concern him, the fact that he wasn't there, has never been to Happy Boys and may never have been to Pattaya. He made a few generic descriptions about Civarome massage during a few days back in Aug 2008 and now chatters about Pattaya as though he lives there or something.

Precisely.

That's why our friend BL has been kicked off GBT & GayThailand. Come on man it's time he just gave up. It was quite interesting to see that he had the ex owner of GT going for a while too.... :laughing3:

newalaan
April 8th, 2011, 07:52
others may feel giving their true identity gives credence to their points and ability to back these points up as opposed to vague remarks, accusations made by faceless members. You are certainly entitled to your opinion on that, but I don't think that knowing someones ID matters a jot on an anonymous forum in cyberspace, if i knew a members ID and saw his photo online that would make no difference whatsoever in as much that if i regarded what he said was shite, knowing him/not knowing him would'nt change the shite to anything better. In cyberspace like here where 99% of members are anonymous, you either believe what someone posts or you don't, and unless it is crossing the legal boundries, where the moderator can simply delete and ban, it really doesn't make any difference.

That does not make a person smug or naive or stupidThe niave bit is if you think revealing your true ID with photos on the www might not lead to potential problems in the future. Stupid(maybe a bit harsh)bit is if you then reveal your true ID and/or photos and it DOES lead to hassle and stress as has happened, and more so if you then complain about it, also opening yourself up to potential problems if anything gets out of hand on the gay forum love-ins, you just never know, there are alot of strange folks out there! The smug goes with the flaunt bit, it's for those who use the internet forums simply to show off in an attention seeking manner. All subjective, all personal choice/opinion, mine is not to invite hassle for the sake of a bit of banter on an internet forum.

Another point is with communications as they are now, is SGT any more protective of IDs than Facebook,YouTube, Twitter,it is all laid bare. Your IDs can be traced. OK you have the guys who only use internet Cafes,but isn't that how they caught a British National in Thailand who they were anxiously looking for,through the ID of the internet Cafe backed up by the video surveillance used inside the video cafe to monitor customersNo I don't go along with this,there is an element of control if you want it. Your only exposure to the internet is as much as you are willing to show or reveal about yourself. ID's have always been able to be traced but it needs specialist knlowedge in IT, the time and effort, then cost, also permissions and legalities, and in extreme cases i.e. criminal activity, it can be deemed worth it, when talking as we are about SGT specifically I'll stand by what i've already said. IP addresses can be changed even working from the same computer, and it needs a massive amount of time and resources to trace anyone through an internet cafe, which if there is no specific CCTV it's snookered at the first hurdle.

I know for a fact a friend of mine based in Bangkok traced the person bad mouthing him in Pattaya through the web user ID number or whatever you call it.Yes, so all the more reason not to reveal too much in my opinion. But it's up to each individual.

April 9th, 2011, 05:53
Yes, so all the more reason not to reveal too much in my opinion.
Not "BabiiFresh", but ... (http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/W7EapGdV1T0?fs=1)

Jellybean
April 9th, 2011, 10:25
This week I made my first trip to Pattaya this year and went out on Thursday night. Pattayaland Sois 1-3 seemed quite busy to me and not the ghost town I had expected to see.

I think the original question posed by Marigar, Is Boys Town coming to and end was deliberately phrased in that manner to stimulate debate and, in that respect, I think the OP has been successful. I personally do not think that Boyz Town is going to end any day soon for, as newalaan has already said, we would be seeing gay venues closing and тАШFor SaleтАЩ signs being put up. Although, on that point, I did notice that Dynamite Boys has closed and there is a тАЬFor RentтАЩ sign outside.

Happy Place

I made Happy Place my first port of call. I saw Unkiebuck in the flesh for the first time; it was nice to put a face to the man behind the two avatars. I found him welcoming and friendly. Later in the evening he announced details of a charity scheme for which he was soliciting donations, which I was happy to contribute to. I thought he had a lovely American accent, the sort you used to hear behind American movie trailers. The bar was busy and in my view there was a wide selection of bois available to suit most tastes. I liked at least 5 of them. I stopped to see the show for the first time and was impressed with the opening number with all the bois on display, which was reminiscent of the way Jupiter Bar (in Bangkok) opens it shows. The shows that followed seemed well choreographed and were comparable to anything IтАЩve seen in Bangkok. The sound and lighting system were good and complemented the acts on stage. Thankfully there were no cringe worthy or embarrassing moments as can be seen in some of the bars in Chiang Mai. In short, I thought the bois put on a creditable performance. And lastly my drink cost 100 Baht, 50 Baht cheaper than in bars without a show.

X-Boys

My next port of call was X-Boys bar, which had just started its show. Again the bar seemed busy, but with mainly Asian customers. I was surprised to see that a large proportion of the audience was Asian and farang women. I will admit to feeling slightly irritated when some of them screamed or shrieked whenever erections were on display. I also thought that the bois on stage were showing more interest in the female customers.

I thought it odd to include a break dancing number in the show performed by 5 males stripped to the waist and wearing jeans or baggy shorts. IтАЩve never seen such an act in any other go-go bar and couldnтАЩt see the relevance of it. I know precious little about break dancing, but they seemed very good at what they were doing.

Funny Boys Bar

My third, and last, port of call was Funny Boys bar at around 12.30am. I was surprised to find that I was the only customer, as usually it is one of the busier bars. It felt quite disconcerting. The stage was full and all eyes were on me, which made me feel really uneasy. It didnтАЩt take for me long to select a boi with so many on offer.

In the midst of a global financial meltdown, I suppose fewer foreign customers from the west are to be expected. But anecdotal evidence from other forum members seems to suggest that the bars are definitely much quieter than in previous years. I for one hope they can ride out the storm and continue to operate until things pick up again.

But during my previous visit to Boyz Town, about six months ago, I did happen to notice that there were fewer customers than in years gone by. But I do wonder how the bars are able to make a profit whilst paying the boisтАЩ wages and all the other normal business overheads. For some bars surely there must come a tipping point very soon when it is no longer profitable to continue. But how close to that tipping point are they? I used to be a company investigator and before that I examined the accounts of small businesses. Go-go bars and the gay hotels in Boyz Town clearly fall under the second category. Without seeing the accounts (if such things exist) of the go-go bars it would be very hard for me to comment on whether turnover and profits are down (or even significantly down) as compared with previous years and how close to bankruptcy and closure they are. Those bars which are unable or unwilling to adapt to meet the needs of the current financial situation, say the bars which do not offer a show, may well be the first to fall. In my opinion Happy Place is doing all the right things with, for example, its price promotions, half price drinks with coupons in gay magazines, well placed advertising and trying out new things such as Boy Bingo. To survive maybe the other bars will also have to come up with new ideas for attracting a dwindling number of customers.

Lastly, I readily admit that so far IтАЩve only visited 3 bars, so not exactly a representative number, but when my casual observations are added together with my previous visit and those of other members posts, there seems to be clear anecdotal evidence of a significant downward change, which I hope is not permanent and is recoverable . If it would be of any interest to members I would be happy to submit reports on my visits to some of the other bars.

Beachlover
April 9th, 2011, 11:54
Newalaan... I already answered most of your questions in a previous thread ("Locked Hilltribes") so I'm not sure if you even read that.

Wouldn't that premise apply to ALL members, other of course, than those actually niave/stupid/smug enough to go and reveal/flaunt their true identity/photos on the world wide internet. Surfcrest is only making exactly the same, possibly ill informed, possibly accurate conclusions about others just as everybody else, including Beachlover, HAS to make when dealing with anonymous handles on internet forums in cyberspace.
You're correct to an extent but there's a difference between putting out non-specific opinions like, "you're an arsehole" and putting out specific statements like "you haven't been to Thailand for 3 years" and "none of your opinions are based on any real experience [implying someone hasn't been to a place at all]" or "so and so is an ESL teacher".

Then there's specific statements about one's posts like, "your posts haven't referred to any visits since 2007" which can instantly be proven wrong by linking to visible posts that show otherwise. Since this happened a few times with Surfcrest, I assume he has a problem with admitting when he's wrong and linking evidence to reality.

up to YOU whether to divulge that info or not. But it's hardly worth bringing up at least twice and making such a fuss just because the question was asked.
You failed to notice the person demanding such private info has made the demand multiple times.

It's absurd to think anybody could or would, use such details to 'stalk'.
I disagree with this for the same reasons Kquill described above. Too many details makes it possible to identify you from events retrospectively.

If it satisfies once-and-for-all Surfcrest, smiles and those with a similar obsession about you
But it doesn't satisfy anything. What would listing the dates and locations of my travel do? It's an endless piece of string and doesn't prove who I am or whether I was there.

Frankly, I don't care anymore. One person picked a fight because they're too bitter and close minded to believe anyone in their 20s would enjoy being in Thailand. The other person picked a fight because he had a problem with me pointing out the negative aspects of Pattaya... both losers, both a waste of time.

lexusgs
April 9th, 2011, 19:18
Newalaan... I already answered most of your questions in a previous thread ("Locked Hilltribes") so I'm not sure if you even read that.

Wouldn't that premise apply to ALL members, other of course, than those actually niave/stupid/smug enough to go and reveal/flaunt their true identity/photos on the world wide internet. Surfcrest is only making exactly the same, possibly ill informed, possibly accurate conclusions about others just as everybody else, including Beachlover, HAS to make when dealing with anonymous handles on internet forums in cyberspace.
You're correct to an extent but there's a difference between putting out non-specific opinions like, "you're an arsehole" and putting out specific statements like "you haven't been to Thailand for 3 years" and "none of your opinions are based on any real experience [implying someone hasn't been to a place at all]" or "so and so is an ESL teacher".

Then there's specific statements about one's posts like, "your posts haven't referred to any visits since 2007" which can instantly be proven wrong by linking to visible posts that show otherwise. Since this happened a few times with Surfcrest, I assume he has a problem with admitting when he's wrong and linking evidence to reality.

up to YOU whether to divulge that info or not. But it's hardly worth bringing up at least twice and making such a fuss just because the question was asked.
You failed to notice the person demanding such private info has made the demand multiple times.

It's absurd to think anybody could or would, use such details to 'stalk'.
I disagree with this for the same reasons Kquill described above. Too many details makes it possible to identify you from events retrospectively.

If it satisfies once-and-for-all Surfcrest, smiles and those with a similar obsession about you
But it doesn't satisfy anything. What would listing the dates and locations of my travel do? It's an endless piece of string and doesn't prove who I am or whether I was there.

Frankly, I don't care anymore. One person picked a fight because they're too bitter and close minded to believe anyone in their 20s would enjoy being in Thailand. The other person picked a fight because he had a problem with me pointing out the negative aspects of Pattaya... both losers, both a waste of time.

BL, man you truly are deluded. I still fail to see why you insist on thinking that some guys on here have a problem with a 20's guy having an interest in experiencing Thailand. It's fun watching you flap around like a fish out of water looking for it's last gasp of breath. Whoever you are you need to get a life man. :headbang:

Surfcrest
April 10th, 2011, 02:25
You grasp at anything Beachlover to avoid my assertion. Whether the тАЬtтАЭ is crossed or the тАЬiтАЭ is dotted in the argument is a little irrelevant. It doesnтАЩt matter if we are talking about 2008 or 2009 because we are still talking about these same few tripsтАж.regardless of what year they happened.

When IтАЩm wrong Beachlover, I have no problem admitting that. ThatтАЩs simply not the case though with this assertion. I have fully described already your limited time in Thailand based on what youтАЩve told us. Not what I have invented out of thin air Beachlover, but what you have written here. I donтАЩt need to go through your 4275 posts, I was here when you joined and here we still are today.

Beachlover, it should be so easy for you to prove that I am wrong by reviewing your itineraries over the past 3 years and showing us is your many, many posts where you are talking about all these Thailand trips you took. Jellybean just provided an excellent sample of what something like that might look like. There is no one that could identify Jellybean by what he just posted.

No Beachlover, IтАЩm in my 40тАЩs now and have been coming to Thailand for the last 20 years. This isnтАЩt about you pointing out the negative aspects of Pattaya, itтАЩs now about everything you say about Gay Thailand. Whether you are banned from Sawatdee Gay Thailand as you have other boards or more and more members put you on ignore, one thing is clearтАж.youтАЩve completely run out of rope with this argument. Your real purpose here on SGT is as a troll, an antagonist and most certainly the board bullyтАж..nothing more.

Beachlover
April 10th, 2011, 20:08
When IтАЩm wrong Beachlover, I have no problem admitting that.
LOL. Sounds like Mr "swimming in dough" got bored making things up about other people and decided to try it on himself! :rolling:

Surfcrest, you've been visibly wrong so many times I don't even know where to start...

Assertion 1 - You claim my posts aren't based on real experiences:
You based this on Assertion 2, which was proven wrong (below).

Assertion 2 - You claim I haven't referred to any trips since my 2007 trip:
I posted a few examples to prove this wrong. But you ended up proving yourself wrong by quoting several such posts to support Assertion 3!

Assertion 3 - You claim my only visit to Pattaya was a 2-day trip in 2009:
You support this by quoting a few posts I made in 2008! (Clue, I visited Pattaya in both years) In doing so you also prove Assertion 2 wrong.

Assertion 4 - You claim you have no problem admitting when you're wrong:
See above. :rolling:
The best bits are when you contradict yourself. You must be one of the most factually challenged "6 billion" dollar company men around. :occasion9:

Tell you what. I'll put you out of your misery if you take a little pain first. If you can admit you're wrong on all four assertions above (you need to make four full-sentence statements), I'll tell you precisely how many times I've been to Pattaya. All we're asking for is a little honesty. You know what honesty is right? :rolling:

Whether the тАЬtтАЭ is crossed or the тАЬiтАЭ is dotted in the argument is a little irrelevant. It doesnтАЩt matter if we are talking about 2008 or 2009 because we are still talking about these same few tripsтАж.regardless of what year they happened.
You're talking about a "few trips" now? So we've gone from NO trips to ONE trip to a FEW trips. Where's this "multiple billion dollar company" conviction of yours? :rolling:

I have fully described already your limited time in Thailand based on what youтАЩve told us.
I donтАЩt need to go through your 4275 posts
Absolutely. We all know "multiple billion dollar company" men come to reliable conclusions, evidence or no evidence. :rolling:

Jellybean just provided an excellent sample of what something like that might look like.
Sorry, as much as I like Jellybean's posts, I don't go to Thailand to visit one commercial sex gogo bar after another. There's nothing wrong with doing that. It's just not what I visit Thailand for.

Want one example of what I post? gay-thailand-f9/bkk-quiet-but-good-time-had-t18352.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/bkk-quiet-but-good-time-had-t18352.html) (bottom of page)

Surfcrest
April 11th, 2011, 06:00
Sorry, as much as I like Jellybean's posts, I don't go to Thailand to visit one commercial sex gogo bar after another. There's nothing wrong with doing that. It's just not what I visit Thailand for.

Want one example of what I post? gay-thailand-f9/bkk-quiet-but-good-time-had-t18352.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/bkk-quiet-but-good-time-had-t18352.html) (bottom of page)Author: Beachlover ┬╗ Wed Sep 09, 2009

What do you visit Thailand for then Beachlover? The link that you provided speaks of you going to visit a commercial sex gogo bar. What about having talked about restaurants youтАЩve been to, or attractions? Go-go bars arenтАЩt the only thing we talk about here.

Beachlover, weтАЩve progressed far beyond your four assertions. In the locked-homestay-with-hilltribes thread I summed up what youтАЩve told us so far in respect to your very limited time in Thailand. The quote you provided is from one of the limited times I already provided and based on what you have told us here.

posting-guidelines-and-discussion-f11/locked-homestay-with-hilltribes-thread-wtf-t20867-15.html#p221778 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/posting-guidelines-and-discussion-f11/locked-homestay-with-hilltribes-thread-wtf-t20867-15.html#p221778)

In January 2008 you were telling us Beachlover that you had only been to Thailand twice. Your first trip was direct to Phuket and surrounds and your second trip was to Phuket and Chiang Mai, passing through Bangkok for two 1-night stopovers. IтАЩm guessing these were a package deal or a tour direct from Sydney to Phuket?

I already mentioned your very short visit to Pattaya in August of 2008. Apart from that you mention being in Bangkok for a very short visit Saturday September 5th and gone by Wednesday September 9th 2009.

Have you been to Thailand on more visits other than what I have mentioned above? If so, when?

gaymandenmark
April 11th, 2011, 08:59
Why dont you just PM eachother, create your own closed forum on Facebook or maybe it would better if you created a tread here with the subject "The Fighting between Beachlover, Surfer, Justme and others."

It is the same same and same old boring arguments in every tread some of you highjack.

I dont know how other members on this board feel, and can only talk for my self, but I feel it quit boring reading, this quoting and quoting someting someone has written in 2009.
Grow up and get a life Bechlover, Mr. Surfing and who the hell you are.

thonglor55
April 11th, 2011, 09:23
I dont know how other members on this board feel, and can only talk for my self ...Quite so. I am enjoying Surflover, Beachcrest and Minime's lttle spat (as I've said several times recently). Why don't you just put them all on Ignore?

gaymandenmark
April 11th, 2011, 09:34
Maybe I will.

But I think my suggestion about creating their own tread for their internal "fighting" is a more possitive approach, because they might have some interesting views in other treads.

April 11th, 2011, 10:40
Maybe I will.

But I think my suggestion about creating their own tread for their internal "fighting" is a more possitive approach, because they might have some interesting views in other treads.

Doubt it! ..................... :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

Beachlover
April 11th, 2011, 19:17
If you can admit you're wrong on all four assertions above (you need to make four full-sentence statements), I'll tell you precisely how many times I've been to Pattaya. All we're asking for is a little honesty. You know what honesty is right? :rolling:
Come on Surfcrest... This is the SECOND time I've given you the chance to get the info you've been desperately seeking and hounding me on for so long!

Assuming you're a self made "multiple billion dollar company" man you should be used to stuff coming at a price instead of being handed to you on a platter.

Did "swimming in dough" wear you out? :rolling:

Just make a statement admitting you were wrong on your four assertions above. You were already proven wrong in each so it's not like you'll be admitting to anything new.

Maybe if you do this right we'll get you in the habit of accepting the truth and linking evidence to reality. Handy traits for a "6 billion" dollar company man. :rolling:

gaymandenmark
April 11th, 2011, 19:50
Beachlover:

6 april
"multiple billion dollar company"

7 april

10 april

11 april until now
"6 billion dollar company"
:sharm: :sharm:

April 11th, 2011, 20:06

In psychological terms it is called Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Beachlover
April 11th, 2011, 20:18
gaymandenmark... Confining it to a separate thread in a separate forum was already tried. It didn't work.

Skip the posts if you don't want to read them, unless the spat fascinates you for some reason...

gaymandenmark
April 11th, 2011, 21:18
gaymandenmark... Confining it to a separate thread in a separate forum was already tried. It didn't work.

Skip the posts if you don't want to read them, unless the spat fascinates you for some reason...

'I must ├бdmit that I find it fascinating that some people can write the same and the same, again and again, for a really long time.
In a way it also amuse me to see "grown up" men, wanting to have the last word, behaving like well ....they were not grown-up.

Surfcrest
April 11th, 2011, 22:29
Beachlover, I'm not desperately seeking any information....there is no information to seek. There is absolutely nothing in your 4286 posts to support the lies you have been telling us for the past 3 plus years. You mentioned in your posts a trip to quick Pattaya in August of 2008 and a short trip to Bangkok in September 2009 during low season.

It would be easy for you to show us in your many, many posts your other trips to Thailand...but you can't. Why? Because there is nothing there.

You've been lying to us Beachlover, lying to us pretty much every single day. Look at what you told newallan in the Locked Homestay With Hilltribes thread...WTF? ....look at the link you provided when you say, "Want one example of what I post?"!

Want one example of what I post? gay-thailand-f9/bkk-quiet-but-good-time-had-t18352.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/bkk-quiet-but-good-time-had-t18352.html) (bottom of page) Author: Beachlover ┬╗ Wed Sep 09, 2009
You say this is shit, that is shit, the ex-pats of Pattaya are creepy low lifes....you flood the board nearly every single day referring to this trip and that trip when in reality you are only talking about the few trips I've mentioned above. YouтАЩve been lying to us BeachloverтАжlying to us pretty much every day you are here on SGT. I donтАЩt need to prove anything, I already have. You refuse to defend yourselfтАжbecause you canтАЩt, Because what I am saying here means that you have wasted an incredible amount of time in the last 3 plus years both here on SGT and with all the other message boards тАж.telling lies....making up shit as we go to justify your presence here.

Beachlover
April 11th, 2011, 23:59
I'm not desperately seeking any information
Dear Mr "swimming in dough"... You've made DOZENS of posts demanding I list exactly when I was in Pattaya and how many times I've visited Thailand. You're like the most desperate stalker ever to prowl this forum. :rolling:

referring to this trip and that trip
But you've repeatedly said I NEVER refer to any trips as one of the main premises to your argument. WHICH accusation are you sticking with? :rolling:

nothing in your 4286 posts
I donтАЩt need to go through your 4275 posts
Is this the same as when you said I haven't referred to ANY trips since 2007 and then subsequently quoted posts, where I did just that?

Are you contradicting yourself AGAIN mr "multiple billion dollar company" man? Did you lie when you said you had no problem admitting when you're wrong? :rolling:

you are only talking about the few trips I've mentioned above.
First you started with ZERO trips, then ONE trip and now you're saying a FEW trips. You keep changing your story. I hope you don't do this with your "multiple billion dollar company" shareholders. :rolling:

Here's the question for you: Can you explain EXACTLY how you know for certain the time I've spent in Thailand and give us a precise number of days?

I'm not talking about the irrelevant conclusions you usually spout like, "you can't be in Thailand when you're posting on this message board" or "you never say you're in Thailand right now so you mustn't ever be there". Plenty members post while they're in Thailand and avoid detailing their precise locations/movements/timings. You should also avoid false claims like, "you haven't referred to any trips since 2007" because these have already been proven inaccurate.
--
I'm talking about solid evidence and irrefutable rationale. Give us a precise number of days and visits and locations.

If you can't do this, then considering how much you've contradicted yourself, posted claims shown to be false and made illogical statements, the fact will remain: You have no idea how many months I've spent in Thailand over the last five years. You're just a bitter, irrational man who decided to attack another member because you didn't like their opinions.
--
What's more, you have a habit of doing this as it appears you ALSO attacked a bar owner who's opinions you didn't like by attempting to defraud his bar!

You're like a nightmare in a box! Creepy low life isn't the word for you... :rolling:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit - Update 14 Apr 11:
As fun as this is, Kquill has put the thread well back on track with his big post so I won't reply to the post immediately below this.
Everything that needed to be said is above. There's nothing new of substance to address below so no point replying. :bis:

Surfcrest
April 12th, 2011, 03:54
If you can't do this, then considering how much you've contradicted yourself, posted claims shown to be false and made illogical statements, the fact will remain: You have no idea how many months I've spent in Thailand over the last five years. You're just a bitter, irrational man who decided to attack another member because you didn't like their opinions.

No Beachlover, I've made an excellent case of my assertion that these were your only limited trips to Thailand and you keep referring back to them as though you actually have something recent or relevant to say about Gay Thailand. The jig is up pal! You've had plenty of opportunity to prove me wrong and to show us where in your posts you have made all these trips you lied to us about. You and I both know there is nothing there in your 4288 posts. If there was, you would have shown us, we'd be done with this argument and I'd be apologizing to you. That's not the cause though....is it Beachlover?

April 12th, 2011, 09:32
is it Beachlover?

Do people really give a fuck?

April 12th, 2011, 10:28
Hi,

Back on thread, Do I or we believe Boyztown is coming to an end??.... :dontknow: :dontknow:

I am not sure, but I do believe the bar scene as it was has now changed forever and it will never be like the days gone by. Thailand itself is constantly changing and certainly not necessarily for the better. :dontknow:

It appears Pattaya has become a magnet for former Eastern Bloc Countries, this is no surprise as Thaksin went all out to attract both Chinese and Russian tourists with various freebee visas etc... However, this policy has all come home to roost as the big spending Russians have been replaced with the package tourists in large numbers and small wallets .....who nobody wants except 7-11!

There are also many destinations becoming more popular as alternative places to go for Westerners who dislike this change in clientele such as the Phillippines, Bali, Cambodia,Vietnam etc. This has got to be good for the customer/Holidaymaker. No, these places are not Pattaya, but Pattaya is not the Pattaya it once was. Times are a changing as they say.

To be paying ┬г6 GBP or nearly $10 USD for a bottle of standard beer in a Bangkok bar,regardless of it being a go go bar, is not what the vast majority of regular visitors and travellers signed up for. Even guys who can afford it,resent paying it. This is not down to a weaker pound or dollar as some claim, this is down to increased baht prices being charged..

I don't think these bars will go to the wall overnight,it will be as is happening,a gradual decline in people using them. All of a sudden one day they will sit up and think ' Where have all the customers gone? ' This decline has been hastened by the global economic downturn coupled with the Thai mentality of constantly trying to ' get more out of less '

The Go go boys are not stupid and have seen it, hence they have drifted to other forms of employment and/or alternative forms of attracting customers such as GR and others. It is no one thing to blame I believe,but a culmination of many circumstances.

Also, many bars in Bangkok and Pattaya are rented so at rent review times, they are at the mercy of the landlords who can either be understanding or as in most cases, greedy. This also affects the prices charged to customers as does the never ending spiralling costs of paying the BIB and city officials. :evil4:

A lot of the main areas of Pattaya and Bangkok are geared towards the tourists not the ex pats (unless the are wealthy guys with sizeable disposable income) and therefore have no interest in the opinions of this board or any other. :thebirdman:

There are stll places where seasoned veteran travellers can get reasonable value for money,you guys know these places such as Panorama and Oscars in Pattaya or Sunnee Plaza and Silom 4 in Bangkok with the Balcony and Telephone bar,to name but a few. :sunny:

April 12th, 2011, 16:08
K.K. Considering the length of your absence your statements on Boystown are on the money, however I would drop Panorama from the reasonably priced places list.
The lingering death of Btown will be as a result of it's inability to attract new customers. The same old guys are slowly dieing off and they have been unable to fill the void. There is a huge Asian gay population with growing wealth, seldom are they seen in any of the gay venues in Pattaya.

April 13th, 2011, 05:10
K.K. Considering the length of your absence your statements on Boystown are on the money, however I would drop Panorama from the reasonably priced places list.
The lingering death of Btown will be as a result of it's inability to attract new customers. The same old guys are slowly dieing off and they have been unable to fill the void. There is a huge Asian gay population with growing wealth, seldom are they seen in any of the gay venues in Pattaya.

Hi,

I also think SOME of them in Boyztown who never venture anywhere anymore tend to put on entertainment that they used to like when they did venture out and a lot of it is old hat now coupled with them being out of touch because they have been in the ' Pattayaland bubble' for too long... :dontknow:

There is an amount of arrogance attached to it in their belief that they know best or they know Pattaya better than you do... :notworthy:

No blindness like people who don't want to see and as some of you have said maybe they have been in the same place for too long.. :dontknow:

Marsha-old
April 13th, 2011, 06:45
Boys Town will never change. They dont want to change.
They think the public come to Thailand to see a lot of lady boys lype singing old sixties numbers.
Then once in a while the owners put a frock on and think there the new Dame Edna Everage. Having there friends on the front row, the white sock parade
saying how wonderful they are.

PLEASE LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS, LOWER YOUR PRICES AND STOP PUTTING FROCKS ON. :snorting: :snorting: :snorting:

Put a all new mens like chipendale show on(With a mixture of men and Boys). With upto date numbers and something more than all lady boys prancing around in knee length boots thinking that the gay trade gets turned on by some sickos dream. You dont need cock shows, leave something to the imagination.
There are so many new ideas out there if you know where to look.
Offer something new and you might get old and new customers back. :alc:

April 13th, 2011, 13:39
Hi,

They say Cambodia is now like Thailand 25 years ago,well I will soon see because those were the days I thought Pattaya was it its best,definitely 17/20 years ago before the mass development got a hold. :sunny:

They call it progress I suppose and you can't hold a City back just to hanker to the few, but in the famous last words, ' Those were the days! '.. :notworthy:

Now, the forefront of everyones mind is the best Motorbike, Playstation, mobile phone,latest scam for cheating the Foreigners and murdering them when they don't get their way,etc... :evil4:

it always had the potential for danger but it seems to be far more prevalent these days than it was and a lot of the ' fun ' has gone out of it in the fast paced resorts or maybe its just me!.. :dontknow:

CoffeeBreak
April 13th, 2011, 15:57
Boys Town will never change. They dont want to change.
They think the public come to Thailand to see a lot of lady boys lype singing old sixties numbers.
Then once in a while the owners put a frock on and think there the new Dame Edna Everage. Having there friends on the front row, the white sock parade
saying how wonderful they are.

PLEASE LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS, LOWER YOUR PRICES AND STOP PUTTING FROCKS ON. :snorting: :snorting: :snorting:

Put a all new mens like chipendale show on(With a mixture of men and Boys). With upto date numbers and something more than all lady boys prancing around in knee length boots thinking that the gay trade gets turned on by some sickos dream. You dont need cock shows, leave something to the imagination.
There are so many new ideas out there if you know where to look.
Offer something new and you might get old and new customers back. :alc:

-I agree with Marigar.

Most gay customers go to the boy bars to see sexy males and not to see Katoeys or to see males who are more like women than men.
In my opinion nothing wrong with a fem boy but everything wrong with a Dame Edna Everage!

April 13th, 2011, 16:14
Personally, I dont like Katoy shows either, but the idea that there are 6 boys around here, that are " like Chippendales" wont fly. Especially in low season.
It is a wonderful idea and certainly something to hope for, but the reality is, walk around and tell me where a few of them are? Even if we imported them from Bangkok, the reality (again) is that they will not stay more than a few days or week because we cant pay them enough in comparison to what they earn in Bankok. I go to BKK this week I will look around for some boys like this to come down for alternate weekends or something similar and an :alc: nnounce special shows here on Swatdee.
Again, great idea.

Up2U
April 14th, 2011, 09:03
Fear not Boyztown, Maise Trollette will arrive to save the day!!!

April 14th, 2011, 15:36

She will have to push Dolly John aside to even get on the stage - she turns up for the opening of an envelope.

April 15th, 2011, 02:43

She will have to push Dolly John aside to even get on the stage - she turns up for the opening of an envelope.

Hi,

I actually like both of them..... :love4: :love4:

April 15th, 2011, 03:04

Hi,

I actually like both of them..... :love4: :love4:

Oh I like all that old-fashioned stuff too Kevin - but I draw the line when they mime as Dolly John does.

Worst drag I've ever seen (in UK) is "Miss Carlisle" - i.e. Greta the barman from Newcastle (ex. of The Courtyard, now in The Eagle I believe) - she gets her drag and heels on (which is a sight in itself), puts a scratchy Judy Garland LP (it's probably a CD made from an old LP) on, gets up on an old banana box, and basically stamps up and down, miming. It's really appalling - so bad it's almost good! :sign5:

I've just remembered years ago in Liverpool (think it was called Masquerade bar or something), a drag act who was about 18 stone and had a full "clone" handlebar moustache. She looked like a miner. :sign5:

Best I've seen recently in Pattaya is Miss Jason - had me in stitches! :rolling:

April 15th, 2011, 06:09
Oh I like all that old-fashioned stuff too Kevin - but I draw the line when they mime as Dolly John does.

Worst drag I've ever seen (in UK) is "Miss Carlisle" - i.e. Greta the barman from Newcastle (ex. of The Courtyard, now in The Eagle I believe) - she gets her drag and heels on (which is a sight in itself), puts a scratchy Judy Garland LP (it's probably a CD made from an old LP) on, gets up on an old banana box, and basically stamps up and down, miming. It's really appalling - so bad it's almost good! :sign5:

I've just remembered years ago in Liverpool (think it was called Masquerade bar or something), a drag act who was about 18 stone and had a full "clone" handlebar moustache. She looked like a miner. :sign5:

Best I've seen recently in Pattaya is Miss Jason - had me in stitches! :rolling:

Ah,

So you like all the Madam Jim and the BBB stuff eh??

He's good at masquerading I hear, and loves getting up on a banana box!... :evil4:

April 15th, 2011, 06:30
He's good at masquerading I hear, and loves getting up on a banana box!... :evil4:

I have never seen Jimmy's act.

The reason for that is a conversation I had with you in September 2002, whilst sitting in My Life bar, when you outlined what had been and still was going on at that time.

I like to think that I am a reasonable judge of character, and based on that conversation I decided not to patronize that business.

I relented out of sheer curiosity in 2010 and found that I had missed nothing, although Madame was not on stage that night, nor on the subsequent 2 occasions I have visited.

So I cannot pass judgement on her performance - either on the stage OR on a banana box!!

April 15th, 2011, 06:39

I have never seen Jimmy's act.

The reason for that is a conversation I had with you in September 2002, whilst sitting in My Life bar, when you outlined what had been and still was going on at that time.

I like to think that I am a reasonable judge of character, and based on that conversation I decided not to patronize that business.

I relented out of sheer curiosity in 2010 and found that I had missed nothing, although Madame was not on stage that night, nor on the subsequent 2 occasions I have visited.

So I cannot pass judgement on her performance - either on the stage OR on a banana box!!

I was only winding you up!......................... :laughing3: :laughing3: Hope you're having a good and wet Songkran.

April 15th, 2011, 09:00
Problem with Dolly John, Miss Jason et al is that their acts appeal to basically the "older folk". There needs to be shows that appeal to younger folk also.
The younger folk don't have as much appreciation for them and and and the problem is that they are the same as Toy and El Duo! They have been doing these skits for years, the same old skits, the same old places. They do the same material over and over and over. as a previous poster said "they show up for an envelope" opening party! NEW MATEIRAL PLEASE! What killed the Cafe Royal is that the owners spent unGodly amounts of money on the place to renovate and then brought back the same old tired acts! Should have been renovate and change everything in there, acts included. :dontknow:

April 16th, 2011, 04:22
Boys Town will never die, simply because of all of the publicity you lot are giving it, ironic, eh?

April 16th, 2011, 07:26
Boys Town will never die, simply because of all of the publicity you lot are giving it, ironic, eh?

Well said,

But now, your one of ' you lot '..... :laughing3:

ironic eh?.. :sunny:

April 16th, 2011, 07:53
Kevin, I normally value your opinion BUT would you kindly reconsider your "Thatcher" tag line.

The Tories have 1 MP in Scotland out of 59 - and none at all in Leeds (out of 5) as you must well know - the only people they appeal to are the w*ankers in the South East

Add to that, the FACT that the Tories are the most homophobic and racist mainstream political party in the UK - I really don't see where you're coming from.

In my opinion, the sooner, and more painfully, that particular old bag dies, the better.

Kind regards

SG

Diec
April 16th, 2011, 11:23
Kevey also has a huge fondess for the emoticons, of which I do not know why, he's not 12 years old.

April 16th, 2011, 17:28
Kevin, I normally value your opinion BUT would you kindly reconsider your "Thatcher" tag line. SG

Type it in block capitals Kevin. :hello1:

April 16th, 2011, 18:00
Kevey also has a huge fondess for the emoticons, of which I do not know why, he's not 12 years old.

Hi Diec,

:laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

:love4: :love4: :love4: :love4: :love4: :love4: :love4: :love4: :love4:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

:thebirdman: :thebirdman: :thebirdman: :thebirdman: :thebirdman: :thebirdman: :thebirdman: :thebirdman: :thebirdman: :thebirdman: :thebirdman:

April 16th, 2011, 19:03
The Quill is mightier than the sword and considerably easier to write with!!

What was wrong with the Maggie quote Kevin?

April 16th, 2011, 19:51

Combat, don't cry - you still have that life-size cardboard cut-out figure of her that you kiss every night on your way to bed, don't you?

:rolling: :rolling:

April 16th, 2011, 20:02
Combat, don't cry - you still have that life-size cardboard cut-out figure of her that you kiss every night on your way to bed, don't you?

:rolling: :rolling:

You bet Scotty..... :love4:

April 17th, 2011, 06:07

Combat,

You know me,obliging soul that I am, anything to make his day better!

And just for Diec...................................... :love4: :love4: :love4: :love4: