PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Chiang Mai in April

March 23rd, 2011, 12:55
Hi all, it will be my first time in Chiang Mai. I am very excited, anyway I would like to get some recommendation from you guys regarding where to go as to the gay night life. I will be there for 4 nights, is it enough to go see everything ? Thanks you all in advance. :hello1:

thonglor55
March 23rd, 2011, 13:33
Hi all, it will be my first time in Chiang Mai. I am very excited, anyway I would like to get some recommendation from you guys regarding where to go as to the gay night life. I will be there for 4 nights, is it enough to go see everything ? Thanks you all in advance. :hello1:That depends when in April you are going. If it is around mid-month, which is Songkran, expect to be drenched in buckets of ice-cold water every time you venure out of doors in daylight. In Chiang Mai they celebrate Songkran for longer (the provinces are generally dull so they must take what opportunities they can); my guess is that they'll include the weekend after the 15th as well, so expect at least 5 days of complete hell, finishing on Sunday 17th. So any gay life will definitley be confined to the night time, but whenever you go I tend to find the information on the Utopia site (http://www.utopia-asia.com/thaicm.htm) as good a starting point as any.

gaymandenmark
March 23rd, 2011, 18:13
I find the best updated guide is this, from Radchada, I am sure you will find answers to many of your questions there.
http://www.radchada.com/GayChiangmai.html

March 23rd, 2011, 18:52
Powerboys is an absolute must (well, that's what I think).
Located under Lavender Lanna Hotel.
2 shows, 1st starts between 22:30 and 23:00.
Really nice shows where the boys aren't shy :rolling:
No cheap jo shows or f*ck shows, but a nice soft erotic show with boys in different "shapes".

The gogo bar changes into a karaoke-bar around 1 a.m. and remains open until 4-5 a.m.

March 25th, 2011, 02:03
No cheap jo shows or f*ck shows, but a nice soft erotic show with boys in different "shapes".

Why go?

March 25th, 2011, 07:46
Look at this guys posts. He is a joke. 4 times he says its his first trip to Chaing Mei. Feb of last year, May, October and now April of this year.
All his questions are really lame. How long ashould he be in advance at the airport, will condoms go through the screener and does KFC deliver.
Read his previous posts, he is a lonely old man just trying to get people to write and answer his stupid s
:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

lonelywombat
March 25th, 2011, 10:35
Hi all, it will be my first time in Chiang Mai. I am very excited, anyway I would like to get some recommendation from you guys regarding where to go as to the gay night life. I will be there for 4 nights, is it enough to go see everything ? Thanks you all in advance. :hello1:

After the setbacks last year with the redshirts, at least you got to Tawan. Dont expect CM to be like Tawan. Quite the opposite.
It is a very pleasant small town with a lot of places to visit if you are a tourist, not just sex tourist.

You plan to fly to CM direct You will have to do immigration and customs on arrival. Check your plane is leaving from the same terminal, if you are using a cheap airline.

What are your plans after CM

You wiII find the best updated guide is this link to Radchada, I am sure you will find answers to many of your questions there.

http://www.radchada.com/GayChiangmai.html

March 26th, 2011, 01:39
[quote="lonelywombat"]

After the setbacks last year with the redshirts, at least you got to Tawan. Dont expect CM to be like Tawan. Quite the opposite.
It is a very pleasant small town with a lot of places to visit if you are a tourist, not just sex tourist.

Nope,

Chiang Mai is the Rose of Northern Thailand and Tawan is a muscle man bar in Bangkok! I am sure there is more to see in CM, and it is nothing akin to Tawan,its a bit bigger as well. :laughing3:

lonelywombat
March 26th, 2011, 06:28
to kquill No I did not get confused with Taiwan and Tawan if that is what you are implying.

In his previous posts, he mentioned his visits to Tawan bar in BKK and how much he enjoyed his experience. I think 4 days will be enough for him if he is struck by Tawan and musclemen.

March 26th, 2011, 07:13
to kquill No I did not get confused with Taiwan and Tawan if that is what you are implying.

In his previous posts, he mentioned his visits to Tawan bar in BKK and how much he enjoyed his experience. I think 4 days will be enough for him if he is struck by Tawan and musclemen.

Who me??? :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

:laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

March 26th, 2011, 09:42
I think 4 days will be enough for him if he is struck by Tawan and musclemen.

4 fdays will be enough IF he ever really does come. You are responding to an idiot who has started threads that he is coming to Chaing Mei 3 times in the last 2 years and IF KFC Delivers and all sorts of other STUPID questions and you just cant see when someone is jerking your chain. READ HIS PREVIOUS POSTS and if you think it is worth wasting your time.... well that speaks for you also!

Dboy
March 27th, 2011, 10:26
I was surprised by the amount of traffic in CM now. Used to be able to ride a motorbike all over the place without fear. Now the traffic is very heavy, and the bib have road blocks all over (mostly helmet checks I think, kinda like they do in Pattaya south road on market days). But its nowhere NEAR like the relaxed town it used to be. They have also built quite a few very big and expensive resort hotel properties. Still a very nice town, just different now.

Beachlover
March 27th, 2011, 22:41
Look at this guys posts. He is a joke...
PaneramaS? Yep, I see it now... Very strange. Just someone to keep an eye on, I guess.