PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya Hotel Recommendations

Rolling Stone
March 21st, 2011, 22:38
I have been reading the forums for quite a while and made a lot of visits to Pattaya. Both for company business and leisure. I know those gay hotels/guesthouses in the three main areas of action where I stay during my leisure visits.

When I was on company business I used to stay at Dusit D2. But it seems that D2 has changed their pricing structure (?) The website now shows that the lowest daily rate is 9,400 THB (excluding the plus plus I presume). I also stayed in the past in the Marriot (almost opposite D2) but I did not like their joiner policy so when I discovered D2 I never went back to Marriot again.

My question is: any recommendation on a decent hotel (around 5,000 THB per night), not gay, but gay friendly and does not charge a joiner fee around the boyztown/beach road area?

thanks

March 21st, 2011, 22:43
not gay, but gay friendly

Have you checked out the Penthouse Hotel on Boys Town Soi 2?
:dontknow:

krobbie
March 22nd, 2011, 02:07
Panic not Rolling Stone. You can still get a Deluxe room for under 5000 baht. Here you go. I only ever book though Agoda and you build up credits also.

Good luck.

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/patt ... hotel.html (http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/pattaya/dusit_d2_baraquda_pattaya_hotel.html)

March 22nd, 2011, 05:20
Panic not Rolling Stone. You can still get a Deluxe room for under 5000 baht. Here you go. I only ever book though Agoda and you build up credits also.

Good luck.

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/patt ... hotel.html (http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/pattaya/dusit_d2_baraquda_pattaya_hotel.html)

Krobbie,

You never told me that, and I got you the hotel in Pattaya,call yourself a mate?? lol. :evil4:

lonelywombat
March 22nd, 2011, 05:29
When I was on company business I used to stay at Dusit D2. But it seems that D2 has changed their pricing structure (?) The website now shows that the lowest daily rate is 9,400 THB (excluding the plus plus I presume).

thanks

I was looking at D2 on Expedia yesterday for a friend coming in May, and the rates are much lower than you quote unless you want the upmarket suites.

Sat Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Avg per night
Deluxe room >>
wk 1 $193 $157 $157 $145 $145 $145 $157 wk 2 $157

I have always got a better price for D2 from their website and suggest you try that.

The room is small but cleverly designed. you have access to the lounge on the first floor , the pool and the bars.

Agoda rates are cheaper and there seems to be a loading some weekends.

Here is a link to Agoda website and current rates,

http://www.agoda.com.au/asia/thailand/p ... hotel.html (http://www.agoda.com.au/asia/thailand/pattaya/dusit_d2_baraquda_pattaya_hotel.html)

March 22nd, 2011, 06:13
Rollingstone,

If yu can't get a fabulous room in Pattaya for 5,000 baht or less,as Pattaya is now,there has got to be something severely wrong.

Anyways,what's wrong with Hard Rock Cafe or Cabbages and condoms or the like?

The place has got to be swimming with deals with a bit of googling and a few e mails,you'll get what you want.

E mail them and tell them you want a deal like everyone used to do to me when I had a hotel in Pattaya! :violent1:

krobbie
March 23rd, 2011, 02:15

Good luck.

Krobbie,

You never told me that, and I got you the hotel in Pattaya,call yourself a mate?? lol. :evil4:

Kquill don't fret, I stayed at Royal twins as you got me v. good rate. That time NOT through Agoda but that was in the early days before my awareness. Sorry NO accrued Agoda points to share and you'll have to take my word. LOL.

Cheers
Krobbie

March 23rd, 2011, 14:51

Good luck.

Krobbie,

Kquill don't fret, I stayed at Royal twins as you got me v. good rate. That time NOT through Agoda but that was in the early days before my awareness. Sorry NO accrued Agoda points to share and you'll have to take my word. LOL.

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Cheers
Krobbie

Beachlover
March 24th, 2011, 20:21
The new Hilton Pattaya looks stunning... possibly better value than the D2 now. I'd check it out.

Rolling Stone
April 3rd, 2011, 22:51
Thanks for your suggestions. I had gone and come back to my home country. I did stay in D2 and I had figured out why the website showed a much higher price. That is because only the upmarket suites etc are available. Anyway since I could not get a reasonable price for my last night so I moved on to Bangkok. Mmmm ... my impressions on the scenes in Pattaya versus Bangkok ? I would say Pattaya is fairly quiet but Bangkok is looking still strong (a lot more customers), some places are packed during show times. And the drinks are more expensive (I think DreamBoy charges 300B, Jupiter 270B and others seem to be 250B; not sure whether DreamBoy charges different drink prices for weekdays and weekends, I was there on a weekend night).

April 5th, 2011, 02:24
I always go to Mercure Hotel. It's behind D2 and very close tot Boystown. You pay for the room, they have no joiner fee. And always very friendly to my joiner(s) :happy7:

lonelywombat
April 5th, 2011, 06:37
The new Hilton Pattaya looks stunning... possibly better value than the D2 now. I'd check it out.

They are quoting 1000baht joiners . not many here would consider that good value.

Thanks for your suggestions..... I did stay in D2 and I had figured out why the website showed a much higher price. That is because only the upmarket suites etc are available. Anyway since I could not get a reasonable price for my last night so I moved on to Bangkok. .

As D2 appeals to you . Dusit's new magazine EI8HT, just announced today available online and through facebook, might be appealing to you. I have just in the last 2 months looked at D2 Phuket and Chiang Mai, and very tempted. Dont forget to use Agoda.

http://www.dusit.com/en/press-centre/pr ... May%202011 (http://www.dusit.com/en/press-centre/press2/179-dusit-international-introduces-ei8ht.html?catid=26%3Apress-release-2011&utm_source=dusit%20international&utm_medium=email&utm_content=13687605&utm_campaign=Corporate%20e-Newsletter%20for%20April%20to%20May%202011)

Beachlover
April 5th, 2011, 20:32
They are quoting 1000baht joiners . not many here would consider that good value.
Really? Where did you see this? Is it first hand info and has anyone reported having to pay this?

I don't mind paying an 1,000 baht but would like to know in advance.

Thinking about grabbing a suite and having a little party. They have a sexy jacuzzi on the balcony overlooking the sea! It's what every hotel should have.

Rolling Stone
April 6th, 2011, 01:08

Mmm ... how do you get to know in advance whether there is a joiner fee? Do you expect the hotel to inform you that "Sir, our joiner policy is such and such ..."? LOL.

What I do is I ask the front desk before I actually take someone back to avoid being stopped by the security guard or something. I recall one time I thought I sneaked in a joiner in a hotel room but after no time there was a knock on the door and I was asked to sign on a joiner fee. Hehe ...

Do you know what is the joiner policy at Dusit Thani at Rama 4? Yes I did ask the front desk ... and the policy is "dont bother reporting to the front desk and we will leave you and your friend alone", it works fine for me since.

While at D2, the policy is like any other gay hotels/guesthouses, the front desk will safekeep the ID card of the joiner and they do not charge a joiner fee.

April 6th, 2011, 01:30

Mmm ... how do you get to know in advance whether there is a joiner fee? Do you expect the hotel to inform you that "Sir, our joiner policy is such and such ..."? LOL.

It's astonishingly simple - just ASK in advance of booking - that's what I do.

I'm not in any way shy about it.

If they charge for joiners, I don't stay - or if I'm enquiring for friends, they don't stay

:bee:

lonelywombat
April 6th, 2011, 06:25
[quote=Beachlover]

It's astonishingly simple - just ASK in advance of booking - that's what I do.

I'm not in any way shy about it.

If they charge for joiners, I don't stay - or if I'm enquiring for friends, they don't stay

[/quote:3todmlv6]

A member this forum did email and got that info in a reply. I can get the reply emailed to me but cant be bothered. Asking in advance is not embarrassing.

I have never had a problem with Dusit Rama 4. I would not take a scruffy go go through the main foyer[ first floor]anyway. I always take street level lifts to my room. If they are really scruffy Id hire a short time room at Suriwongese.

Beachlover having a little party in Pattaya is not like Bangkok. Every boy you invite will expect a tip. Makes it expensive .

Beachlover
April 6th, 2011, 22:45
Do you know what is the joiner policy at Dusit Thani at Rama 4? Yes I did ask the front desk ... and the policy is "dont bother reporting to the front desk and we will leave you and your friend alone", it works fine for me since.
Yeah, there's been mixed reports about the BKK Dusit Thani but I've stayed there three times and never been stopped or asked to pay a joiner fee. In fact, of all the hotels I've stayed in Thailand the only time I was stopped for a joiner fee was at a hotel in Phuket (no longer exists) and that was with the one and only gogo boy I've ever been with.

I have never had a problem with Dusit Rama 4. I would not take a scruffy go go through the main foyer[ first floor]anyway. I always take street level lifts to my room. If they are really scruffy Id hire a short time room at Suriwongese.
The street-level entrance gets closed and locked sometime between the 12-midnight and 2am mark (forget the exact time) and then you have to go through the main first floor entrance. I've never had a problem there... all my guests get is lovely wais and smiles from the half a dozen staff who hang around the door and lifts. They couldn't be more accommodating and welcoming to guests.

Beachlover having a little party in Pattaya is not like Bangkok. Every boy you invite will expect a tip. Makes it expensive .
... Yeah, I'm wondering if it's actually possible to meet ordinary Thai boys (not moneyboys) in the clubs/discos in Pattaya. Never tried there. Or perhaps I'll meet other young Asian tourists as I have in Bangkok.

newalaan
April 6th, 2011, 23:06
and that was with the one and only gogo boy I've ever been with. Just to clarify. Your use of the word gogo boy, is that to try and have us believe you have only enjoyed the paid company of a boy on all your trips to Thailand ONCE? Or that you HAVE had other instances of paid sex with boys but only one was 'procured' from a gogo bar. Specifics required in the answer if you care to give it.

Beachlover
April 6th, 2011, 23:21
the answer if you care to give it.
Now isn't that nice... someone asking politely rather than demanding as if they have a right to every private detail.

I've only ever enjoyed paid company with one boy, a gogo boy who I've seen a few times. He no longer works in a bar but we still keep in touch. I accept him for who he is, sweet and warm hearted but also a really lazy boy! The only other instances of paid company are a few happy endings I've come across (excuse the pun).

On my earlier trips to DJ Station and GOD, I believe one or two of the boys I met may have been moneyboys (I know one who wasn't a moneyboy but later became one) but they never asked for anything and other farangs have advised me these are "opportunists" who will only ask for cash if you're an old farang.

Now if I go out clubbing in Thailand I tend to look for ordinary Thai boys and steer clear of anyone who looks like they could be a moneyboy. Most I meet are successful working class boys (i.e. they work in a decent job like a call centre, hotel or interior designer) or middle class... usually they're in groups and just out having fun with their friends so it's great to get to know a group of them too.

gaymandenmark
April 6th, 2011, 23:53
On my earlier trips to DJ Station and GOD, I believe one or two of the boys I met may have been moneyboys (I know one who wasn't a moneyboy but later became one) but they never asked for anything and other farangs have advised me these are "opportunists" who will only ask for cash if you're an old farang.

I think is a quite reasonable behavior, the only one who will think that this is "opportunism", must be the old farang.
And if the old farang feels that way, he has a big problem and has understood nothing.

April 7th, 2011, 02:46

I think is a quite reasonable behavior, the only one who will think that this is "opportunism", must be the old farang.
And if the old farang feels that way, he has a big problem and has understood nothing.

Guys,

Just for the record, I LIKE moneyboys. No complications,watch your wallet and your property,keep your wits about you and its over when the 'fat lady sings!'

I just can't see a problem with a non complicated relationship like this,shallow as I am. :sunny: :sunny:

In my view its preferable to getting delusional or believing they are with you because they love you,they don't,deal with it and get on and have a great time. God,you don't buy the first pair of shoes you try on,do you? No,so get shopping with no guilty feelings........because they don't have any!

For the price angle and if you keep your wits about you,as I said earlier,where better in Asia than Pattaya,Bangkok, Chiang Mai etc :dontknow: :dontknow:

lukylok
April 7th, 2011, 02:56
How right you are, Kquill, both here and in the thread on private parties !

Beachlover
April 7th, 2011, 17:22
I think is a quite reasonable behavior, the only one who will think that this is "opportunism", must be the old farang. And if the old farang feels that way, he has a big problem and has understood nothing.
I don't see anything wrong with the behaviour either. But I don't think the farangs were using the word "opportunist" in a negative sense. That's just YOUR perception of the word.

The idea I get is these types of boys aren't "full-time" moneyboys... They just go out and if they happen to get hit on by an old farang who's used to paying for sex they use it as an opportunity to make some money... hence, an opportunist.

April 7th, 2011, 19:32
For someone who has only paid for sex once and may have met a couple of money boys at DJ or GOD you certainly seem to know a lot about what those who charge for sex do and don't do and what motivates them.

April 8th, 2011, 01:11
For someone who has only paid for sex once and may have met a couple of money boys at DJ or GOD you certainly seem to know a lot about what those who charge for sex do and don't do and what motivates them.

Beachy,

Over to you!..................... :box:............................ :duel: :duel:

:laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: