PDA

View Full Version : Happy boys want higher tips

March 21st, 2011, 12:20
I have deleted this post as several poster's have considered it a troll post.
This was not my intention to come across as a troll .
My intention was to gather opinions about higher upstairs pricing apparently being charged in a certain go go bar in Sunee.
I received this information second hand from a friend from Ireland currently holidaying in Pattaya.
I do apologise and personally apologise you to Thonglor for sounding like a troll post,I have received your PM and sent you an apology.
I am unsure why many of you are very nasty to each other unlike the straight expat community boards.

Mods please lock this thread.
thankyou

March 21st, 2011, 12:43
I am not sure if I should even comment here or I may get my ass chewed again but......

First, I would have the need to say that a post should be FROM YOU and not what you heard from someone else. Businesses can easily be ruined that way and I think you should have suggested that your friend make the post instead of you. He has the facts. If he is not a memebr, then he can easily become one.

Second of all he could have joined just as easily as you did JUST TODAY and THIS is your FIRST post???? I find all of this quite odd even though I have never been to Happy Boys.

I also find it rather odd that if YOU did have a good time and HE did not, and you told him to try it again, why would YOU write a damning post against the place rather than wit and see what happened next visit.

me thinks me smells a rat.
Strange indeed and I would give this post and user NO credibility whatsoever.

:occasion9: :occasion9: :occasion9:

thonglor55
March 21st, 2011, 13:16
me thinks me smells a rat. Strange indeed and I would give this post and user NO credibility whatsoever.homintern again?

March 21st, 2011, 14:01
While I thank you for the compliments, I think that locking the thread and asking the moderator to DELETE the thread all together would be a step in the right direction. Go to the PM area and send a MESSAGE to: JINKS He is the moderator.

thonglor55
March 21st, 2011, 15:32
I think that locking the thread and asking the moderator to DELETE the thread all together would be a step in the right directionI think Beachlover should have the final say.

March 21st, 2011, 17:44
And while this thread is still open, I would like to add that I am unaware of ANY bar asking for a mandatory tip or specified amount for sitting with a boy and drinking with them in thier bar. I could be wrong but I don't think so.
The boys obviously make money from tips and offs and if you take them off the stage to drink with them, it is doubtful that they will get an off while they are with you, so it is only right to give them a tip.
:love4:

Marsilius
March 21st, 2011, 18:12
Well, Happy Boys certainly DOES ask for "a mandatory tip or specified amount for sitting with a boy and drinking with them in thier [sic.] bar" if you do so in the upstairs area.

March 21st, 2011, 18:24
Thanks for letting me know. I would have mixed feelings about that policy. I think if you want to take a few minutes and see what and how long the boy is going to do, a mandatory policy is unfair to the customer. However if you are just going to sit with a boy and buy him a drink and paw all over him, as I said in my post above, it is taking the boy out of the ability to get an off and maybe a mandatory tip is fair?
:love4:

Marsilius
March 21st, 2011, 18:54
The mandatory charge is not the tip to the boy. It is a charge levied by the bar (and it goes to the bar - not to the boy) for simply climbing the stairs to the upper level. The tip to the boy is payable in addition to that.

Beachlover
March 21st, 2011, 20:56
I do apologise and personally apologise you to Thonglor for sounding like a troll post,I have received your PM and sent you an apology.
tonyfromkent64... I never caught what you originally wrote and then deleted, but "Thonglor55" is a troll so just ignore anything he says or sends you. If you scan through his past posts you'll see he's just here to attack people, stir shit up and generally be an arsehole.

Whatever you wrote, you've sparked a positive discussion...

newalaan
March 21st, 2011, 21:00
The mandatory charge is not the tip to the boy. It is a charge levied by the bar (and it goes to the bar - not to the boy) for simply climbing the stairs to the upper level. The tip to the boy is payable in addition to that.I didn't see the original thread as it seems some posts have been deleted and I could well be in the minority here, but assuming the reason for taking a boy 'simply' upstairs is to have a sexual experience with him, given the bar will not receive an off fee since the customer is not taking the boy out of the bar, a charge (if made) seems reasonable to me, depending on how fair that fee is.

Also the bar in my opinion is taking the risk for allowing sexual activity to take place within its premises as well as the fact there is no payment for the short time facility of a room as all the activity presumebly takes place in the open on the upper floor, all adds credence to the bar expecting some payment for the services which are being used by a customer which would be considered outwith the reasonable expectations of a 'normal' bar visit.

It is not really clear from the thread title if it is the boys or the bar which the OP is aiming at. Boys get tips....bars get fees.

atri1666
March 21st, 2011, 21:09
Good idea to take fees for going upstairs when soon low season is starting. Seems they have to much customers.

bao-bao
March 21st, 2011, 21:21
tonyfromkent64, check your private message box.

March 21st, 2011, 21:35
OK see it is all coming out now. If there are rooms where something can be "done" then a fee to the bar is absolutely within reason as that is actually a kind of out fee, and then of course the boy gets a "tip" also.

The original OP was stating that Happy Boys was demanding higher tip for talking to the boy. There was no indication that it was upstairs or in a private room or for any type of service. The problem with the post was that it was all THIRD PARTY. His freind went there and said this and that and the other and it was very down on Happy Boys. Of course NOT KNOWING it wass upstairs in a private room and there were services, I like probably many others would have been offended at Happy Boys but these latest developments make it sound all proper.

It was also that this negative post was made only the same day as the poster joined SWATDEE and since none of it was first hand knowlege and the posters ONLY post, it all looked very fishy.

thonglor55
March 22nd, 2011, 03:35
tonyfromkent64... I never caught what you originally wrote and then deletedI'm sure if you looked hard enough you could find the original post in the Google Cache, Beachlover. It's an absolute treasure trove of deleted threads.

anonone
March 22nd, 2011, 04:37
My understanding is Happy Boys has always charged a fee for going upstairs with a guy. I have not done so myself, but I remember reading last year they were "waiving" the fee to go upstairs during the low season / curfew mess. This was an alternative to an off fee, payable to the bar, for some on premises fun upstairs.

I would have no issue with this policy. Think of it as rent for a short time room that is pretty public :sign5:

Obviously, a tip would still be in order as well.

I have only been in Happy Boys a couple of times, and so far no offs there. Seemed like an OK place. Dancers were fun and attractive.

lonelywombat
March 22nd, 2011, 05:02
Several years ago there was a series of patrons who came into Happy Boys selected a boy without buying a drink for themselves or the boy, and moved upstairs. Several of these cheap charlies had their pleasure and left with a less than minimum tip, and spoilt it for all.

The introduction of a minimum drink spend before being permitted to go upstairs was introduced. As a regular who enjoyed a drink or too and would buy a boy a drink before taking him upstairs, it never was a worry to me.

I was never charged extra to take a boy upstairs. It may have changed since then, or it might be that posts are coming from people who have never been there.

March 22nd, 2011, 05:08
tonyfromkent64... I never caught what you originally wrote and then deletedI'm sure if you looked hard enough you could find the original post in the Google Cache, Beachlover. It's an absolute treasure trove of deleted threads.

:laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

I am allowed to laugh at humour,No?

I'd want a bloody tip as well for going upstairs with some of the horrible smelly fat bastards I've seen in Pattaya! :snorting:

Rolling Stone
March 22nd, 2011, 21:01
The upstairs used to be where one could smoke a cigarette or two while enjoying a drink. It was the previous operator, if you guys remember the German manager (or boss? I am not sure), who introduced a fee (I think it was 150 B) for going upstairs. The boys would normally come around to see whether you were interested in having some fun and trying to earn a tip. As soon as the boy sat down with you, the waiter would emerge asking whether you would like to order a drink for the boy.

When the current operator took over, they have retained the system I believe, though they talked about waiving the fees during those "ultra-low" seasons (during the time of "red-shirt uprising" in Bangkok?). I have since been to the bar quite a few times, but never ventured to the upstairs again.

Happy Boy
March 22nd, 2011, 21:54
The upstairs is a lounge simular as downstairs, if you buy a boy a drink you can sit upstairs with him.
There is no fee, but the customer is asked to buy the boy a drink. the tip is for the boy not the bar.
The 150 Baht fees are waved since last years low eason and not charged since.

Dani69
March 22nd, 2011, 22:35
The upstairs is a lounge simular as downstairs, if you buy a boy a drink you can sit upstairs with him.
There is no fee, but the customer is asked to buy the boy a drink. the tip is for the boy not the bar.

There you go straight from the horses mouth not a load of old second or third hand gossip. NO CHARGE.

anonone
March 22nd, 2011, 22:52

Great timing for a definitive answer. I will have to stop by next week and venture upstairs...just to see what all the fuss is about.
Thanks HappyBoy for setting us....um...."straight" :sign5:

joe552
March 23rd, 2011, 05:24
Now that we've cleared up the issue of the 'charges' for upstairs, would someone like to explain why I might want to take a boy up? Is there something I'm missing?

bucknaway
March 23rd, 2011, 05:53
Is the bar being talked about the bar where the guys wear custom made socks? If so, I found that bar last year when I was wondering the streets of Pattaya. It was a night when I was throwing my money around and invited a few guys to sit and drink with me along with the hostess. One guy persuaded me to go with him upstairs after promising me that it was not a short time area. We went upstairs, sat and talked as I finished my drink and handled himself well.

When I settled my check there was no added charge for the trip upstairs but that was during the month of October.

lonelywombat
March 23rd, 2011, 06:21
Now that we've cleared up the issue of the 'charges' for upstairs, would someone like to explain why I might want to take a boy up? Is there something I'm missing?

Earlier posts alluded to off rooms upstairs and there might be on the second floor. The first floor can be claimed as sex on the premises with more privacy than in the bar area. It is more a lounge area and the boy you select will be keen to earn a tip for hand or oral sex.

It is less full on downstairs than say krazy dragon who have a similar lap lap/ no undies approach , where the customer is persuaded to feel the merchandise for a tip. It is preferable to other bars where the sex act is carried out in full view of other patrons e.g. Tom Yum where the boys are frequently fully naked and touting for tips.

It is not completely private on the first floor and often curious boys waiting for their rotation downstairs, will observe at first from a distance and maybe close up, on several cases they have jacked off without joining in.

If they are not pushy I will give a small tip to the watchers and perhaps even buy them a drink.

gaybuttonthai has a poll on bad behaviour in gay sex bars

http://www.gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic. ... 23&start=0 (http://www.gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2623&start=0)

There were 10 options and GB has added 2 more. Before you criticize the above you might look at the options that are listed.

Happy Boys is about a raunchy in public as I choose to go. I would recommend you give it a try. It is not as raunchy as Golden Cock, where I went once only. BTW here is cut and paste from an earlier thread which includes the url.

We have now new price list for happy Boys Bar.

Soft Drinks, Chang Beer, Leo Beer.99 Baht

Alcoholic Drinks. 120 Baht
Bottles
100 Pipers 1000 Baht
Red Label 1500 Baht
Boys drinks 99 Baht

http://happyboysbar.com/

francois
March 23rd, 2011, 12:27

The upstairs lounge provides a more intimate and private area for non-verbal communication and discourse.

thonglor55
March 23rd, 2011, 13:22
The upstairs lounge provides a more intimate and private area for non-verbal communication and discourse.While it may be non-verbal, both boys and customers have been observed improving their oral skills.

Rolling Stone
April 1st, 2011, 23:35
I went to Happy Boy bar very recently and I could confirm that there is NO CHARGE for going upstairs.