View Full Version : Mama Leila is back - Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

March 21st, 2011, 04:35
I meant to post this a few weeks back...

I spotted "her" working in the "David" bar in Boyztown.

Still as obnoxious and pushy as ever - came right over and sat down without any invitation, expecting a drink.

:occasion9: :occasion9:

Dodger
March 21st, 2011, 05:08
I don't think I know Leila - but she can't be as bad as that lesbian who works the door at My Mic Bar in Sunee. I'm hoping she's gone by the time I get to town in 2 weeks. I get along with most of these bar workers - but she's a genuine pain in the ass.

stevehadders
March 21st, 2011, 06:51
Is this the delightful Leila previously of W.W. Boys fame? If so I shall be giving her a very wide berth - most irritating in my humble opinion!

quiet1
March 21st, 2011, 07:01
The old Leila was not for the faint of heart.

As Smiles can attest, I can be quite intolerant of any action remotely close to assertive from bar staff. One time I took two out-of-town friends to WWB for a look-see and Leila plopped herself next to the friend sitting to my left. He was practically traumatized by her. She is not only assertive, she is outright intimidating. The friend sitting on my right was praying she wouldn't move and sit next to him -- he engaged me with non-stop chatter so Leilia couldn't make eye contact with him.

March 21st, 2011, 09:15
i'm sorry. For the rest of us, who is Mama Lella?

quiet1
March 21st, 2011, 09:24
S/he's a rather (to put it mildly) annoying aggressive ladyboy who has worked as a mama-san at several bars in the Boystown area. I think she even worked at Crystal Boys at one point?

arsenal
March 21st, 2011, 10:06
She was there in December actually, standing outside the virtually empty bar. One day perhaps the Thai owners of these bars will realise that she does no more than drive customers away. I personally won't go into any bar where she works.

lonelywombat
March 21st, 2011, 10:11
Where is Davids bar , which soi and near which bar?

March 21st, 2011, 10:44
David is in Soi 1 just near Cupidol and across the street from Dream Boys.

Are you talking about the fat ones that used to work at Wild West bar? If you are, she has been at David since it opened. I am not sure if she ever worked for Crystal Boys although since Wild West Boys and Crystal were one in the same owner at that time, it is very likely.

I never knew her name, although I will say that when we were closed for remodelling, she came to me for a job as mama san and I very politely told her that we did not need a mama san with a repuation as she has. She seemed like she really did not understand but she stayed away.
She has a horrible reputation for ripping customers off, short changing them, getting them to buy drinks for her and her staff. ALTHOUGH in her defense, I will say that most bars (unlike mine) the mama san makes her LIVING off commission she earns for pushing drinks and offing boys as well as if they disappear for awhile the boys are usually charged a fee to come back. She gets that also. While she is one of the worst (!!!) and carla from BOYZ BOYZ BOYZ is probably second, that would be the reason Mama sans are so pushy. No drinks, no offs, no money.

We dont have mama sans and the managers, waiters do not make commission on offs or drinks. The boys make 20 baht.
:love4:

stevehadders
March 21st, 2011, 13:44
That's the one Buckie! You made the right choice in not engaging her. I understand the financial angle of the mamasans - but he/she is particularly bad and blatant!

March 21st, 2011, 15:11
Yes, you have all identified her correctly - she's worked (ruined) several bar - but was at her notorious worst in WWB, where she actually had her own BUSINESS CARDS!! She's the only mamasan who I have seen actually hound customers out of a bar.

Come to think of it "Hound" is a particularly apposite word for her.

Unkie I know she's been @ David's a while - I did say I meant to post several weeks ago - it's not a competition dear :rolling:

March 21st, 2011, 17:36
Not sure what you mean Scottish. Nothing was incinuated or taken improperly.
:love4:

1PR4BKK
March 21st, 2011, 23:04
When I first started coming to Thailand she was the first mams san I was exposed to and I thought it was the norm for how mama sans behaved. Once I visited other bars I realized that she was the most pushy and nauseating of them all. Every time I visited WWB she would come sit with my party and expect us to buy drinks for her. I noticed that she performed this routine throughout the evening with many other patrons. My friends were very annoyed by her and always looked to me to be the bad guy to tell her to leave us alone. Usually with a smile I would let her know that we needed space and wanted to be left alone.

I do not wish anyone ill-fortune but I am thankful that during this recent trip to Pattaya I have not run into her at any of the bars my friends and I visited so far.

Thanks for the warning...

March 23rd, 2011, 07:32
Some of you may remember that 20 years ago Leila worked as a "boy" on Pattayaland Soi 3. I have forgotten the name she used in ancient times. Naturally she/he was not nearly as chunky in 1990.

In her present incarnation, as Mama Leila, she is not only unpopular with bar patrons - she is also highly unpopular with other mamasans - including those who are competing for runner-up as most obnoxious mamasan in Pattaya.

thonglor55
March 23rd, 2011, 09:25
I always find the simplest approach is the best. My invariable response to an unwanted approach by a mamasan in a strange bar (although there are few of those left, in Bangkok or Pattaya) is "No speak English. Bosnia." An alternative is to sit there mouthing words soundlessly. Those who have a hearing aid can point helplessly and say "No battery".

March 23rd, 2011, 14:49
I always find the simplest approach is the best. My invariable response to an unwanted approach by a mamasan in a strange bar (although there are few of those left, in Bangkok or Pattaya) is "No speak English. Bosnia." An alternative is to sit there mouthing words soundlessly. Those who have a hearing aid can point helplessly and say "No battery".

I find a very simple approach as well,tell her to "Fuck off" like I used to!

Too aggressive?? :dontknow:

Lunchtime O'Booze
March 24th, 2011, 18:40
I meant to post this a few weeks back...

- came right over and sat down without any invitation, expecting a drink.

:occasion9: :occasion9:
so what's wrong with that ? I do it all the time.