View Full Version : Professional Engineer Employment Ads

March 14th, 2011, 17:02
Hello - I would like to advertise a genuine, employment opportunity for a qualified engineer in thailand / phuket. The position is for a fully-qualified person, but we are seeking a Thai national, and we are seeking a PLU!

Can anyone suggest a classifieds site where Gay Thais may look for positions - in order to maximise the desired type of applicant? We would like to sort thru a large group of CVs for the correct applicant.

(Before anyone goes off on a tangent - NO, the fact he is gay has nothing to do with his qualifications nor suitability for the position, it is only a desire that we find an applicant who fits-in with us socially, and is comfortable in our small, friendly group)....

Sen Yai
March 14th, 2011, 20:56
What sort Engineer are you looking for? Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Process/Production, Aeronautical.....

Does he need Thai and/or English language skills? Phuket Gazette seems like an obvious starting point.

March 15th, 2011, 07:56
The Gazette is sometimes one instrument we use - of course in the mainstream press there are many options - the point behind my question was "what is the best site/newspaper/location to bring the employment opportunity to candidates within the gay community'?

obviously, we can easily find a hetero candidate, we just thought that its an opportunity for a young Thai engineer to work in amore open environment...

March 16th, 2011, 02:55
This post seems very fishy to me

:laughing3:

March 16th, 2011, 05:54
This post seems very fishy to me :laughing3:

Why, a post about finding a 'gay' engineer is a sure break from Serffroth's endless philippics...

lonelywombat
March 16th, 2011, 11:19
Might I suggest Thaivisa. Your ad could be not upfront and could include broad minded or gay friendly rather than specifically gay. The chances of getting what you want seems remote, but you will never know until you try.

Dboy
March 17th, 2011, 07:12
Assuming the post was legit, it's probably a maintenance engineer job at a gay hotel in Phuket.

March 18th, 2011, 08:58
Might I suggest Thaivisa. Your ad could be not upfront and could include broad minded or gay friendly rather than specifically gay. The chances of getting what you want seems remote, but you will never know until you try.

thanks for that - Yes, the chances probably are remote - but the goal was simply to bring the opportunity to the target audience - at the end of the day, as long as we get our candidadate, it does not matter much to us if they are male, female or otherwise... and for the purpose of clarification - it is a consulting position - not a maintenance position...

in any case, the ad has to go out this week, so I will work with what I have... At home, there is actually a 'pink media' which exists primarily for the gay community to trade within its own cricles - I am a little surprised not to find something similiar here...

pong
March 18th, 2011, 11:18
assuming the 50% chance this is genuine:
this position can only be done by a Thai. He should thus be able to read++write Thai. there are SCORES=dozens of THAI magazines, weekly or monthly, general or specific for subject, all lying for sell, but mostly for quick perusal, in any Thai mag/bookshop. they even carry names like Jobs offered/wanted or ''work market''.
TV looks like an enormous misnomer for this. hardly any Thai would read it. And the very few that do, are probably chased away in seconds bythe 1000s of remarks about cheating, unfit for work, how bad anything is in this country etc. remarks of the know it all expats, who OTOH never seem even able to know the most basic of things without their ''thai girlfriend' at hand to guide them

giggsy
April 1st, 2011, 17:41
My Resimay

To hoom it mae cunsern/mushroomhead

I waunt to apply for the job what I saw in this fourum.

I kin Type realee qwik wit one finggar and do sum a counting.

I think I am good on the fone and I no I am a pepole person.

I no my spelling is not too good.

My salerery is open, I kin start emeditely.

Thank yoo in advanse fore yore anser.

Sinseerly,

somchai

PS : Becauze my resimay is a bit short,

I sent a pickture of me.

[attachment=0:2ho6on5s]untitled.bmp[/attachment:2ho6on5s]

No problem Somchai we have spell check. You can start on monday.