PDA

View Full Version : Issan wedding -- anyone been?

cdnmatt
March 13th, 2011, 00:33
Looks like I'm heading off to a village wedding in the near future. Got the immediate side of Kim's family here now plus the husband-to-be, then tomorrow everyone from both families will converge here to hash out the details, get the sinsot figured, and all that good stuff. Not sure why they chose my house as a meeting ground, but whatever, up to them.

Anyway, anyone ever been to a village wedding in Issan? Anything I should expect, or be ready for? There's no elephants at this one, I know that. Then basically all I know is to dress nicely, and bring a red envelope with a bit of money as a gift. Kim said 1000 baht, I laughed, and said 5000. A gift of 5000 is more than enough, right? Hell, that's about the same amount as guests spend on a typical wedding present in the West, so I'm assuming for Issan that's quite good.

Other than that, not sure. Anything I should know? Ever been? Any stories to share?

Bonus Question: For those who have been in long-term gay relationships with a Thai, have you ever dished out a sinsot / dowry? If so, how much? I guess Kim's dad is getting 50,000 baht from the parents of the husband-to-be. Of course, while lying in bed, this sparked the conversation between Kim and myself about sinsot. He just said, "I already know you'll never give a sinsot for me", to which I laughed and replied, "yep, you're right!". Told him that him and his family having the stability and security of a hard working farang in the family in my sinsot. The parents can get fucked if they think I'm providing a large lump-sum payment, to provide their son with a good life.

How about you though? Any stories, especially about what an Issan wedding is like? Would love to hear them!

cdnmatt
March 13th, 2011, 00:36
[EDIT: Sorry, hit quote button instead of edit button]

Dodger
March 13th, 2011, 04:01
Yes, actually I attended an Isaan wedding back in October of 2009 and had a front row seat...right next to Thep as the vows were being read.

Our wedding was actually a process which started two years before the actual ceremony took place. We first bonded in a ceremony known as Pee Tee Puk Seo(SP?) which is performed by Buddhist monks, attended by the family, and considered a bonding of two persons souls for life. When we made our final decision to get married it took another year of planning. First, a meeting with the monks had to be arranged where the head monk actually decided on the date, or appoximate date, of the wedding. This calcualtion was based on birth times (not just day - but actual time) and the movement of the stars within the path of both of our astrological signs which then determined the period (or date) which was approprtie. Of course a monk can't tell anyone when they should marry, although no Thai would ever challenge this recommendation.

After the date was set we had to complete the construction of our jungle house as this is where the wedding would be held. Then after the house was completed we had another 3 month waiting period as the monks had to first bless the home and perform a ritual intended to keep out the bad spirits before we could even step through the threshold.

The wedding itself was a fastinating event. Thep's family handled the bulk of the planning and arrangements which included the constrution of tables, seating areas with overhead and canopies, music system, food planning etc., etc., and all Thep and I really had to do was get fitted for our wedding outfits and show up on time. We had an Isaan precussion band which really added a nice touch.

At my request the size of the wedding expanded from the original plan of about 100 people which included all of Thep's huge family and extended famility members and close friends - to 300 people which now included the entire village.

Buddhist monks perform pee tee puk seo bondings but they do not perform weddings. Monks do not marry people. We had 3 ordained ministers perform the ceremony which lasted for about 2 hours. The party was great...tons of food including two buffalos (an isaan favorite) and three hogs on the grill and about 100 chickens. Thep's village being comproised of farmers you could just imagine the spread and assortment of other food. It was a real feast. Tons of Thai whiskey to keep the old timers happy and a couple dozen cases of Singha and Leo.

As far as a dowry goes...you won't get married to a Thai without one, that is if you want to keep face, save your mate from losing total face, as well as the entire family for that fact. The presenting of a dowry is an age old Thai custom and you simply would not side-step this. Thep and I contributed to the building of the home (a 2-1/2 year undertaking) and his parents displayed 200,000 baht during the ceremony to represent the dowry.

For 5 days folliowing the wedding we were left alone in the house to seal our bond. Each morning we would look outside our front door to find a large wooden tray filled with food and drink sided with a vase of fresh flowers. People were delivering this food to us several times a day and we never saw or heard them - which is the custom. All I can say is if there were any evil spirits in that house they really got an eye full.

For the record, the monks who performed the pee tee puk seo ceremony were not the least concerned about Thep and I being two gay males - nor did the ministers who perfomed the actual wedding.

Diec
March 13th, 2011, 05:16
What a truly lovely story Dodgey...getting married is the most precious thing anyone can do. I bet you can't wait for little Thep to get out of prison so the two of you can enjoy your life together.

March 13th, 2011, 08:07
I guess Kim's dad is getting 50,000 baht from the parents of the husband-to-be. Of course, while lying in bed, this sparked the conversation between Kim and myself about sinsot. He just said, "I already know you'll never give a sinsot for me", to which I laughed and replied, "yep, you're right!".
Spot on.
A BRIDE PRICE (sin sot) is only paid to the parents of
(1) a woman in the context of
(2) a marriage.
A DOWRY is the property a bride brings to a marriage.
Even a gay marriage wouldn't change Kim's sex.

http://www.arxmanstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/calvin-klein-mens-underwear.jpg
Kim's Calvin Klein dowry for cdnmatt? http://www.reference.com/browse/dowry

Once upon a time: тАЬHoward and Howard (2002) describe (p 86) how "a woman may spend two to three years to prepare the clothing and other textiles for her DOWRY. It is customary to select the nicest blanket, mosquito net, mat and pillow to use in the su pha ceremony, which takes place prior to the wedding."

On p69 they say "As a girl matures, the signs of her eligibility for marriage begin to proliferate. To be seen weaving industriously is itself a mark of a properly disciplined woman; a young woman also begins to amass textiles which she will use to establish a new home, pending a willing man and a marriage settlement ...

Among many Tai, a prospective bride's "hope chest" includes mattress covers and pillows - to be stuffed with kapok or cotton - sheets, blankets, curtains and mosquito nets. Amongst most Tai, those consist to some extent of supplementary weft (and sometimes warp) designsтАж.."

On p72/3 they say "Finally, prior to marriage, some of the more accomplished young women may produce cloth that they will keep for several decades, intending to present it at an appropriate time to their daughters or other relatives. These textiles are not to be confused with textiles presented at marriages to a bride's new in-laws. Rather, they are pieces which a marriageable woman will weave as an investment in her future. She expects to marry and have children. She expects her daughters will themselves marry. With these hopes she weaves a complete warp, consisting of from two to six pieces of phaa khit. Two of these pieces may then be sewn along the selvedge and worn as shoulder cloth or shawl, phaa hom, Figure 2.21. The phaa hom may eventually be used for the woman's own funeral, as the cloth that will cover her corpse or coffin. To have foresight before marriage to plan for the marriage of her daughters and even for her own funeral is a matter of considerable pride for a Tai woman.

As she acquires proficiency in weaving, the young woman begins to take on the mantle of a mature woman; her next step is to transform this production into extra-familial exchange, the context in which she will be recognized as an adult. This she does by engaging in the formal exchange of textiles with the set of people who become newly related to her through marriage."

"The presentation of textiles by the bride to the parents of her new husband and to his relatives represents the consummation of a young woman's weaving skill ..."

Further on p74-75 they refer to "The bride's gifts of textiles are not usually a matter of negotiation - that is, rather than being given in exchange for the bridegroom's gift, they are complementary to it. The bride's presents show her ability to command and provide for the more private sphere of household. ... A woman presents cloth, showing her ability to establish and maintain a domestic economy for her husband and the children to come. In many Tai cultures, she also presents both bedding and clothes to her husband's nearest relatives.

http://www.tribaltextiles.info/articles ... ins.htm#03 (http://www.tribaltextiles.info/articles/Lao_Tai_mosquito-nets_curtains.htm#03)

Tai peoples: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tai_peoples
Tai languages: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tai_languages

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bride_price
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dowry

Hmmm
March 13th, 2011, 13:28
It is my impression too that a sinsot is for breeders only, especially since there is no gay marriage in Thailand.

The sinsot is a regular source of grief amongst farangs males marrying Thai women. It seems that Thai families often set a sinsot at many times what would be appropriate for a Thai-Thai union, which is largely determined by the woman's 'value' (a dubious notion if ever there was one). So in a 'marriage' between two males, there would be no basis for a sinsot.

thonglor55
March 13th, 2011, 13:59
For the record, the monks who performed the pee tee puk seo ceremony were not the least concerned about Thep and I being two gay males - nor did the ministers who perfomed the actual wedding.I take it what you mean is that no-one made a fuss, which is not the same as approving. You've been in Thailand long enough to know that, surely?

Brad the Impala
March 13th, 2011, 14:49
]I take it what you mean is that no-one made a fuss, which is not the same as approving. You've been in Thailand long enough to know that, surely?

Just as The Colonel would have put it.

Dodger
March 13th, 2011, 17:54
Dodger wrote:
For the record, the monks who performed the pee tee puk seo ceremony were not the least concerned about Thep and I being two gay males - nor did the ministers who perfomed the actual wedding.

Thonglor55 Wrote:
I take it what you mean is that no-one made a fuss, which is not the same as approving. You've been in Thailand long enough to know that, surely?

No, actuallu what I meant to say is exactly what I said... the monks and the ministers were not the least bit concerned that we were gay.

I have been in Thailand long enough to recognize when a Thai approves of something in earnest - or chooses to just appear as if he approves to avoid being offensive or confrontational. Thep and I visited with the head monk who performed the pee tee puk seo many times over a 5 year period before he welcomed us to this ceremony. The head minister who lead the marriage ceremony in 2009 grew up in Thep's village, attended the same wat as we did, and knew Thep since the day he was born.

Regarding some of the comments being posted here regarding "the dowry," I can tell you that there is absolutely no difference in how this symbolic gesture is perceived by the Thais regardless if the couple bonding and str8 or gay. Nor is there any difference in the potential for a farang to get ripped off as a result of this process regardless if the couple bonding are str8 or gay. Getting married anywhere, regardless of the cultural backdrop or symbolic aspects of the marriage process itself, relies on the good judgement and a deep sincereity between the couple who are bonding. The success of the relationship isn't based on who approves and who doesn't approve of the marriage. The level of mutual sincerety that this requires between the actual couple pretty much over-rules all bystanders.

Thais have an uncanny ability to see inside a person. I know this sounds like a real stretch to some of you guys, but it's true. Regardless if it's a monk, a minister, or just a lonely farmer standing in the mud in the middle of a rice paddy - they all seem to possess this ability. It's my opinion that it's what they see inside YOU as a person that means the most. If they like what they see - I believe your dowry becomes nothing more than a symbolic gesture. If they don't like what they see - your dowry becomes nothing more than a payment for the agrivation they had to endure during the period of your temporary existence in their sphere.

March 13th, 2011, 18:51
Doger, I wish you all the happiness and luck in the world. I mean it. I hope everything goes nicely and that the parents are sincere.
Keep a positive attitude and an eye open and everything you hope for may be within your reach.
:love4:

Thai Dyed
March 13th, 2011, 19:46
...getting married is the most precious thing anyone can do.

Now I've heard everything!

March 13th, 2011, 23:26
The amount of nonsense written about Thailand on a daily basis continues to amaze me.

Dodger
March 14th, 2011, 06:21
China Wrote,

The amount of nonsense written about Thailand on a daily basis continues to amaze me

China...just a thought:

If you find yourself being continually amazed about what others are writing - you may find it equally amazing if you apply some of the nonsense they are writing about to your own life. That is, if you have any aspirations of experiencing your life as an "amazing event". Up to you!

AMAZING THAILAND!

March 14th, 2011, 07:02
Yes I have been to an Issan wedding.
My lasting memory was of the monks, sat on the floor, hiding behind their elaborately decorated tennis rackets, and passing round a pack of Marlboro reds and puffing away until the Abbot had finished his chanting.
At the end of the ceremony there was a scrum to get to the buffet and everyone got drunk.

March 14th, 2011, 07:06
...getting married is the most precious thing anyone can do.

Now I've heard everything!

I'll bet you haven't! Dodger might even top cdnmatt in his need for a detailed account of his Farang/Thai sitcom!

cdnmatt
March 14th, 2011, 09:31
Yes I have been to an Issan wedding.
My lasting memory was of the monks, sat on the floor, hiding behind their elaborately decorated tennis rackets, and passing round a pack of Marlboro reds and puffing away until the Abbot had finished his chanting.
At the end of the ceremony there was a scrum to get to the buffet and everyone got drunk.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I imagine this one will be. So no worries, and even if I do something out of line, nobody is going to care anyway. Especially when we show up in a truck with 6 boxes of beer in it.

Beachlover
March 15th, 2011, 23:13
]I take it what you mean is that no-one made a fuss, which is not the same as approving. You've been in Thailand long enough to know that, surely?
Just as The Colonel would have put it.
I agree, Brad. Alternatively, just as an arsehole could have put it.

Beachlover
March 15th, 2011, 23:15
So no worries, and even if I do something out of line, nobody is going to care anyway. Especially when we show up in a truck with 6 boxes of beer in it.
You're the man!

Not sure why they chose my house as a meeting ground, but whatever, up to them.
Might be because you've got the nicest house out of anyone they know!

Living in the poorer parts of Asia, one of the downsides - or upside, depending on how you view it - of having a nice house or more so, a nice car is there's a good chance you'll be asked by anyone you know if they can borrow it every time there's a wedding as a favour. If someone asks you, it can be kind of "bad hearted" to say no, even if they don't mean much to you (e.g. they're an acquaintance, employee or friend of a friend) because their wedding is such a big thing to them. So if you ever decide to buy a Merc or an Audi, be warned!

bring a red envelope with a bit of money as a gift. Kim said 1000 baht, I laughed, and said 5000. A gift of 5000 is more than enough, right? Hell, that's about the same amount as guests spend on a typical wedding present in the West, so I'm assuming for Issan that's quite good.
Matt, your generosity is lovely and I'm not disputing whatever amount is appropriate for this particular instance.

But there's a certain dynamic you should be aware of if you aren't already... it's this Asian thing about "pay too much and you look stupid". Exists in the West to a degree but I think more so in Asia.

Being in professional services yourself, you probably know this to a degree. If you discount your rates too much, you might think your clients will love it and they will, but they'll also lose a bit of value respect for you on a certain level.

It's the same when it comes to paying for stuff or offering money in family/friend things like this. It's nice to be generous, but you can look stupid if you're too overly generous. I'm not saying I haven't done this myself - I probably have. I can be pretty generous tipping for something like a massage if someone's done an exceptional job but there's a bit of a grey area between being thoughtfully generous and looking foolish.

Again, not disputing what's right in this particular instance... but just putting out this concept in case you weren't aware of it.

Dodger
March 16th, 2011, 05:41
The donations Thep and I received ranged anywhere from 40 baht to 3,000 baht. The farm laborers of course could hardly afford the 40 baht which made their envelopes the most precious to me. Most of Thep's family, extended family members and close friends seemed to donat closer in the 1.000-2,000 baht range. Our donations tallied up to around 167,000 baht. We were able to re-coup the 60,000 baht it cost us for the wedding and wedding party...we gave his parents 30,000 baht and stashed the rest in the bank for our honeymoon on Koh Samui.

If a farang is attending an Isaan wedding ceremony which involves one of his boyfriends immediate family members I think a donation of 2,000 to 3,000 baht is appropriate. If the wedding involves someone who is not an immediate family member I really think 1,000 baht is enough to show your well wishes. It's not a matter of trying not to look stupid - just a matter of showing them that you understand things the Thai way. They already know we're stupid...555.

pong
March 18th, 2011, 11:31
As far as a dowry goes...you won't get married to a Thai without one, that is if you want to keep face, save your mate from losing total face, as well as the entire family for that fact. The presenting of a dowry is an age old Thai custom and you simply would not side-step this. .
sorry nonsense, Thaild is much bigger as Isan. And from what I have heard, it also only relates to FIRST marriage of a Thai lady. And then mostly of the lower classes-the purpose of it is reputedly to buy a kind of pension for the elders. if they do not need that-there is no need for hte sin either.
Often -as we all know impressing the neighbours is the most important thing in life here- part of that sinsot is paid back after. or at least you can try to arrange that in the negotiations. And do you ever ever pay first asking price to a street vendor or taxi without meter?

Dodger
March 18th, 2011, 17:11
Pong...

The tradition of presenting a dowry (sin sot) is acknowledged in all levels of Thai society from the wealthiest to the poorest of classes. All you have to do is enter the search keywords "Dowry in Thailand" on your computer if you want to learn the facts about this subject.

Gay marriages are as rare in Thailand as they are everywhere else in the world right now - so don't expect to see the word "gay" in any reading materials related to the subject of "Dowry's in Thailand". Once a farang understands the meaning and significance of this tradition he would never want to avoid it...regardless if he were str8 or gay. The problem, as I see it, is that many farang want to skip the part about understanding Thai culture and start drawing perspectives based on their "western thinking" which ALWAYS leaves them confused.

Thai Dyed
March 18th, 2011, 18:30
Dodger, it's a pity that all this wisdom you have garnered from your experience in Thailand hasn't served you very well in keeping your, what shall I call him, wife, husband, boyfriend, spouse out of the hoosegow.

March 19th, 2011, 00:27
Dodger, it's a pity that all this wisdom you have garnered from your experience in Thailand hasn't served you very well in keeping your, what shall I call him, wife, husband, boyfriend, spouse out of the hoosegow.

Thai Dyed, what kind of perverse satisfaction does that give you?

March 19th, 2011, 00:35
Thai Dyed, what kind of perverse satisfaction does that give you?

Whatever it is Scotty it's sick!

March 19th, 2011, 07:10

Bit harsh that methinks Thai Dyed?

You can lead a horse to water................and all that. I personally am full of admiration for Dodgers commitment to the lad!

Beachlover
March 19th, 2011, 10:34
Thai Dyed... I agree with what everyone else's said... That's a harsh statement, but we expect nothing less from a psychotic freak!

Having said that, I'm not sure anything Dodger or anyone did could've kept this particular BF out of trouble. You can only change a person so much. At the end of the day, the character of the boy he chose in the first place has a heavy influence on what happens. But I think Dodger's well aware of this and prepared to accept it, work at it and set his expectations accordingly. Otherwise he would've remained a butterfly or gone with another type of character.

Koh Samui Luv
March 19th, 2011, 11:29
Thai Dyed made a simple statement of fact and even expressed pity for Dodger's unenviable situation.

The reaction to TD's comment only leads me to believe that indeed the truth hurts.

Dodger
March 19th, 2011, 17:58
Thai Dyed Wrote:

No, actually what was a real pity was the time I got busted on my way to a "Moody Blues" concert when the police found a qtr/lb of Acapulco Gold stashed in the glove box of the car I was driving too fast. Evan after all the wisdom I had garnered from my experience growing up in Chicago - it didn't serve me well in keeping my ass out of the hoosegow. I was 26 y/o at the time...ironically the same age as Thep.

March 19th, 2011, 18:12
No, actually what was a real pity was the time I got busted on my way to a "Moody Blues" concert when the police found a qtr/lb of Acapulco Gold stashed in the glove box of the car I was driving too fast. Evan after all the wisdom I had garnered from my experience growing up in Chicago - it didn't serve me well in keeping my ass out of the hoosegow. I was 26 y/o at the time...ironically the same age as Thep.

Nice one Dodger, I like it.

thonglor55
March 19th, 2011, 18:13
... we expect nothing less from a psychotic freak!Oh dear, more cyber-bullying.

springco
March 19th, 2011, 18:40
Evan after all the wisdom I had garnered from my experience growing up in Chicago - it didn't serve me well in keeping my ass out of the hoosegow.

So what you seem to be saying in this most recent confession is that you never learn anything from your experience even when the consequences of your actions lead to prison. And you also seem to take some pride in this, the fact that you have a criminal past. Then Combat pays you a compliment saying "I like it."
This gets more bizarre with every post.

March 19th, 2011, 19:52
So what you seem to be saying in this most recent confession is that you never learn anything from your experience even when the consequences of your actions lead to prison. And you also seem to take some pride in this, the fact that you have a criminal past. Then Combat pays you a compliment saying "I like it."
This gets more bizarre with every post.

Obviously you didn't take the time to read what Dodger actual said!

Evan after all the wisdom I had garnered from my experience growing up in Chicago - it didn't serve me well in keeping my ass out of the hoosegow. I was 26 y/o at the time...ironically the same age as Thep.

He was refering to a time when his previous experience (growing up in Chicago) didn't help him, not that he didn't/hadn't learnt from it! I actually like paying Dodger compliments because of the way he has stuck by Thep through thick and thin which to me is something to be admired. I'm not judging either of them, this is something that only they can do.

March 20th, 2011, 02:58
Thai Dyed made a simple statement of fact and even expressed pity for Dodger's unenviable situation.

If you think that TD's comments were intended in any way to convey genuine concern then you have no concept of sarcasm.

:occasion9:

Dodger
March 20th, 2011, 03:10
springco Wrote:

So what you seem to be saying...

Springco, let me explain something to you: When I say something - it is exactly what I intend to say. Rarely do I say anything with the intent to just SEEM to say anything.

Your clumsy attempt to discredit me by putting that lob-sided spin on my words made you look like a politician. Aern't you a bit old to be playing silly kids games? Grow up!

Beachlover
March 20th, 2011, 09:16
KSL... There may have been some fact in his statement but the message behind the sarcasm was far from expressing pity, which Dodger doesn't need.

I agree Dodger might not be making the "best" decisions in his relationship but I would be looking at it from my own shoes if I said this. If I put myself in his shoes, I suspect he might be after some adventure and drama. Perhaps he finds the ups and downs of this dramatic relationship stimulating. Lots of people make career decisions, which lead them into a lot of drama and uncertainty for no real financial gain. I guess his relationship decisions may be similar. Perhaps he would be bored out of his mind and would go back to his butterfly life if Thep didn't throw up all these dramas. Or maybe he's just well and truly smitten by Thep's charm and character... who knows.

Dodger may be a middle-aged prostitute-chasing sex tourist in a pretty f*cked up relationship but I like him and his posts for a few reasons. (1) He has a great, positive spirit of adventure and is uninhibited, (2) he is very articulate and entertaining, (3) he is very open, honest and transparent and (4) what separates him from a lot of other prostitute-chasing sex tourists is he has a lot of self-awareness and acceptance about what he is and what he's doing. He seems to consciously think through what he wants, why he makes the decisions he makes and what motivates him. He doesn't shy away from it. He isn't deluded about what his relationship is.

Like Combat, I also think there's something to be admired about a person who sticks with a friend or loved one through a difficult time.

Those of you who have harsh words for him, I wonder if you've ever stopped to think who would come to your aid if you were ever in the sh*t. And if you have friends and/or family you care about enough to do the same for if they ever got in the sh*t, assuming you have the means.

I think Dodger realises there's a world outside Thai prostitutes but has made a conscious decision to stay where he is in this type of relationship with a younger partner for reasons he's thought through. So I wish him the best of luck.

homeseeker
March 20th, 2011, 10:11
Beachlover says of Dodger: that he " might be after some adventure and drama".........

In otherwise my dears, Dodger is a total,

Drama Queen!

:evil4:

Beachlover
March 20th, 2011, 10:40
icon513 is another reincarnation of the poster formerly known as homintern. This ridiculous sad f*ck has in recent weeks posted as...

- thonglor55
- China
- X-Ray
- Meeja
- icon513

... and possibly a couple of others I've missed. He has replied TO HIMSELF and carried on conversations with himself on multiple occasions.

Please ignore this sad f*ckstick. It's getting ridiculous.

cdnmatt
March 20th, 2011, 11:05
I have to say, I'm getting a bit of a chuckle out of this. It's somewhat refreshing watching someone get bitched at (Dodger) from the outside, and getting bitched at for no reason whatsoever. Usually it's me.

I tell ya, there sure are lots of lonely, insecure idiots on this board.

thonglor55
March 20th, 2011, 11:11
icon513 is another reincarnation of the poster formerly known as homintern. Oh homintern, the sight of my legs draped around your neck. Please, please just one more time.What an extraordinarily active imagination you do have, Beachlover. That ONS you and homintern had all those years ago must really have been something if you're still so in love with him. Have you had any more secret messages from him, by the way? As I recall you promised us that you would be posting any and all messages from some other supposed incarnation but as you haven't been posting I guess he's no longer interested in you. That must be pretty sad but I don't see it as a reason for you to be attacking every poster you don't like as someone who's keeping your true love homintern from you.

March 20th, 2011, 11:14
Beachlover can put himself in the place of people he has never met and quickly determine their true characters. That is one of his great strengths as a contributor to these Forums.

You mean like everything else he pretends to be?

Thai Dyed
March 20th, 2011, 16:27
When I say something - it is exactly what I intend to say.

Ah, well that clears that up! So you are a self-confessed illicit drug abuser, who has at least one felony arrest on his record and has served time in prison, and who has "married" a Thai boy who shares this in common with you. Perfect!

Dodger
March 20th, 2011, 18:21
cdnmatt Wrote:

I have to say, I'm getting a bit of a chuckle out of this. It's somewhat refreshing watching someone get bitched at (Dodger) from the outside, and getting bitched at for no reason whatsoever. Usually it's me.

I tell ya, there sure are lots of lonely, insecure idiots on this board

Honestly, I just had a chuckle myself. I had already assumed that you were not participating too much on this thread for that very reason. Personally, I get a kick out of the hydra's and trolls when they go on a feeding frenzy. It's like poking a stick at a snake in the grass. Just look at Thai Dyed's latest little venom blast...55555.

Matt, if I may offer some advice: Never let one of these idiots sway you from speaking freely about your thoughts and perspectives. If there are only five people who post on this forum who you like and respect - then only concern yourself with the responses and feedback from those five people. Treat the hydra's (those who have to hide behind silly masks) and the trolls (those who are obviously bitter and twisted) just as you would treat your mother-in-law if she were confined to a small room in a nursing home eating stale animal crackers and watching invisible bugs crawling on the walls all day. Just chuckle at their dilerious comments...nod your head when they speak as if you're really listening to them...and be grateful that your not wearing their slippers.

Life is an Adventure - not a Destiny... as I always say.

March 20th, 2011, 18:27
Anyway,

Has anyone been to an Isaarn wedding??? :laughing3: :laughing3:

March 20th, 2011, 18:47
Matt, if I may offer some advice: Never let one of these idiots sway you from speaking freely about your thoughts and perspectives. If there are only five people who post on this forum who you like and respect - then only concern yourself with the responses and feedback from those five people. Treat the hydra's (those who have to hide behind silly masks) and the trolls (those who are obviously bitter and twisted) just as you would treat your mother-in-law if she were confined to a small room in a nursing home eating stale animal crackers and watching invisible bugs crawling on the walls all day. Just chuckle at their dilerious comments...nod your head when they speak as if you're really listening to them...and be grateful that your not wearing their slippers.

Nice one Dodger, imagine if they were the only idiots left, trying to out do each other with venomous retorts...No I don't think even jinks could handle that.

Keep on posting Matt, Beachlover, Dodger, Scotty etc.. and give them cause to be bitter or resentful about.

Beachlover
March 20th, 2011, 19:50
When I say something - it is exactly what I intend to say.
Ah, well that clears that up! So you are a self-confessed illicit drug abuser, who has at least one felony arrest on his record and has served time in prison, and who has "married" a Thai boy who shares this in common with you. Perfect!
Thai Dyed, you and Springco have made a couple of pretty harsh twisted observation opinion comments.

What's the point of this? Can you actually offer any constructive suggestion what Dodger should do and justify it? Or are you just here to vent and be an arsehole? What was the point of dragging the prison thing into it int he first place when it wasn't even mentioned by Dodger in his comments on weddings/dowries?

Beachlover
March 20th, 2011, 19:51
imagine if they were the only idiots left, trying to out do each other with venomous retorts...No I don't think even jinks could handle that.

Keep on posting Matt, Beachlover, Dodger, Scotty etc.. and give them cause to be bitter or resentful about.
Sums it up nicely, Combat! Don't let the buggers get you down, as Giggsy said. :hello1:

Matt, if I may offer some advice: Never let one of these idiots sway you from speaking freely about your thoughts and perspectives.
Well put, Dodger!