PDA

View Full Version : pagoda

March 11th, 2011, 01:21
On gay thailand .com, forum some one has said that the pagoda in jomtiem has closed. Is this true and when did this happen?

blueboy
March 11th, 2011, 08:49
I went past it 2 days ago, and the restaurant is totally cleared of furniture and has a big sign FOR SALE.
Another Jomtien complex casualty, Helmut was always a nice host, but that new german owner did not have a clue. I hope Helmut made a few baht from it all.
Food was nothing special and far too expensive!

Surfcrest
March 11th, 2011, 15:33
Yes, it closed early this month. Location wise, that was a tough spot especially now with Jomtien looking more like Bagdad.

It sure was a nice place under the previous ownership.

March 11th, 2011, 16:03
... Location wise, that was a tough spot especially now with Jomtien looking more like Bagdad...

AT LAST! Someone else who doesnt see JC through rose-tinted glasses and who thinks it's ok because the Venue has a show at night with some drag queen or other.

The place is a disaster - almost derelict during the day - you can't even get a cup of tea around 12noon.

As I said before, I took 2 friends there to look for accommodation around that time of day. The expression on their faces was like I had taken them to a refugee camp.

:occasion9:

Narakmak
March 11th, 2011, 16:19
There are currently serious issues with the major road construction project going on. It now looks like this may actually be finished within the next months. Things might improve after that. Or not.

March 11th, 2011, 17:41
There are currently serious issues with the major road construction project going on. It now looks like this may actually be finished within the next months. Things might improve after that. Or not.

There's been road construction of one kind or another on the Pattaya - Jomtien road for the last ten years (minimum)!!

:rolling:

March 11th, 2011, 18:33
There's been road construction of one kind or another on the Pattaya - Jomtien road for the last ten years (minimum)!! :rolling:

More like 25 years Scotty