PDA

View Full Version : bangkok hotels

February 28th, 2011, 22:14
am interested in staying at 1 of the following hotels for a long weekend in bkk, Landmark , Jw Marriott , or the silom Holiday inn. Has any one stayed in any of them and if so which 1 would u recomend ?( not bothered about joiners)

Thor69
March 1st, 2011, 05:20
am interested in staying at 1 of the following hotels for a long weekend in bkk, Landmark , Jw Marriott , or the silom Holiday inn. Has any one stayed in any of them and if so which 1 would u recomend ?( not bothered about joiners)

The Landmark and JW Marriott are on Sukumvit Road and are more luxurious than the Silom Holiday Inn. I have stayed at all three and would recommend the Silom Holiday Inn as it is nearer to the fun places on Suriwong Road such as the Patpong Night Market (which is off Silom Road and Suriwong Road) Duangthawee Plaza with all the massage places, the go go bars, including Dicks Cafe, etc. If you like muscle guys, the Tawan Bar is on Soi Tantawan opposite the Tawana Hotel.

If you are looking for rest and relaxation, lots of luxury and want to be spoiled the other two hotels on Sukumvit Road are your best bets.
Thats my two cents.
:glasses7:

March 1st, 2011, 14:22
Out of the one in your list, I would choose Holiday Inn because it is the closest one to all the fun. But if you want a bit more upscale, I would recommended either the Sofitel on Silom Road or Le Meridien on Suriwong Road. The latter is as closest as possible to all the bars.

thonglor55
March 1st, 2011, 14:39
am interested in staying at 1 of the following hotels for a long weekend in bkk, Landmark , Jw Marriott , or the silom Holiday inn. Has any one stayed in any of them and if so which 1 would u recomend ?
I would recommended either the Sofitel on Silom Road or Le Meridien on Suriwong Road.So that's that question answered :idea:

March 1st, 2011, 14:57
am interested in staying at 1 of the following hotels for a long weekend in bkk, Landmark , Jw Marriott , or the silom Holiday inn. Has any one stayed in any of them and if so which 1 would u recomend ?
I would recommended either the Sofitel on Silom Road or Le Meridien on Suriwong Road.So that's that question answered :idea:

Hi,

Well it appears to be in his World! :dontknow:

Beachlover
March 2nd, 2011, 16:49
Out of the one in your list, I would choose Holiday Inn because it is the closest one to all the fun. But if you want a bit more upscale, I would recommended either the Sofitel on Silom Road or Le Meridien on Suriwong Road. The latter is as closest as possible to all the bars.
Good recommendations...

The Silom area is convenient for nightlife if you're going to the Silom gay bars/clubs but after staying in this area so many times, I'm starting to think the Central World/Siam Square or Sukhumvit would be better living...

March 2nd, 2011, 21:40
After checking on agoda webb site i have booked to stay at the sofitel on silom ,as they are doing 3 nights for the price of 2
during the period i wish to stay

Beachlover
March 6th, 2011, 20:21
Good choice... Sofitel Silom has great rooms. Try to get a high floor room because you can get a nice view. Recommend booking a club room if you can as the club lounge there is really nice.

If you need a good laundry place, when you go out the door of the Sofitel (1) turn right until you hit the first intersection, (2) then turn right and go down the street until you see a beauty/hair salon, which should be on your left (on the other side of the road). They do laundry there and charge by weight so it's cheap! (This is from memory 2 years ago but 90% sure the directions are accurate)

martin911
March 8th, 2011, 00:22
Another option is the brand new Ibis hotel in Satorn,directly off the maylaysia hotel --only 1400/1500 per night --aps no prob with joiners and will let you stay till 6 on checkout day for half day price if you have been partying in god or swing --really nice rooms and as i said brand new --with the babylon just down the road !!

colmx
March 10th, 2011, 03:55
I second Martins nomination for the ibis - can get it for 8-900 sometimes on the Ibis website by booking in advance

April 16th, 2011, 11:38
Try Heritage Chong Nonsi or Furama Xclusive Sathorn, it's walking distance from the gay area.
www.ppenthousebangkok.info (http://www.ppenthousebangkok.info) is also very nice penthouse at the riverside but it has 3 bedroom, probaly to big if you travel alone!