PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok - Sunday morning

Rene
February 27th, 2011, 10:14
I have been in Bangkok for about a week now and have several observations and comments I could make but am somewhat reluctant to do so because of all the static that this tends to produce. It seems that no matter what one says it meets with hostile reaction from several quarters on this forum. I am somewhat inclined to reach those who have been kind and helpful directly by using the Private Message function of this board. Here's a photo I took last night on my walkabout. I should mention that while the roadway in front of Tawan looks as if it is wet, it is not. Yesterday was dry and pleasant. The wet look in the picture is due to the reflective surface of the concrete of the roadway.

[attachment=0:1s5hpw8m]DSC09700m e.jpg[/attachment:1s5hpw8m]

lonelywombat
February 27th, 2011, 11:15
Rene it is sad that a member of 30 months feels that way about posting to this forum in future.

The behaviour of several posters and their egos, have made this forum in recent months anti social and not welcoming to any opinion that disagrees with their own.

There is now a lot more former posters using PM's because of those half dozen and their abusive posts.

But those who have been around for some time and watch the trends, have noticed changes which might be positive.

Forget those whose lives revolve about putting others down. Please make your posts and see if things are in fact changing.

Beachlover
February 27th, 2011, 18:22
Rene, whoever you are... You need thick skin to post here. Anyone can attack you so set your expectations accordingly and be prepared to just ignore people who don't justify their attacks. Otherwise, don't post.

Lonely... welcome back.

dab69
February 27th, 2011, 20:26
By all means POST. It's not like you have to reply every day to each and every post
you read here without knowing shit like some people do. Those airheads have thick skulls.

Jason1988
February 27th, 2011, 20:29
Rene:

Please post often. Thanks for sharing your information and the photo.

Don't be concerned about what someone says, consider the source!

February 27th, 2011, 21:04
Post Rene...

bao-bao
February 27th, 2011, 21:29
You need thick skin to post here. Anyone can attack you so set your expectations accordingly and be prepared to just ignore people who don't justify their attacks. Otherwise, don't post.
Good advice for anyone - and might I respectfully request it be considered by those who regularly - and predictably - go off on wild "ins*lting" tangents to comments that challenge them?

Spirited discussion is one thing; perversely debating delusions and situations with no possible means of proving it is quite another.

Rene - you just go ahead and post away and don't sweat the small stuff (and trust me, the folk who will chime in with the nonsense are truly small change).

Smiles sent me this advice in a PM the first time I got slapped here needlessly within a month of joining five years ago, so I'm passing it along.

February 27th, 2011, 22:29
DON'T WALK AWAY RENE!

:sharm: :sharm: :sharm:

Rene
February 27th, 2011, 22:35
I just came back to my hotel after a busy day and was shocked to see all the nice responses. I wasn't expecting this. OK, once I get a few of my thoughts collected and make some time between whoring around the bars, I'll put together some news and photos for the forum. See you soon. Rene

February 27th, 2011, 23:03
...It seems that no matter what one says it meets with hostile reaction from several quarters on this forum...

Rene - I have to tell you my experience was the opposite. With the exception of one ignorant comment (deftly addressed by another member), I had excellent feedback from the community to my post. Granted, it's my only post and my future experiences may not be as positive, but I was pleased with the responses. I think you almost have to adopt a Ghandi-like approach to online communities and if you'll permit the paraphrase: be the change you want to see in the world.

I liked the photo, by the way.

Thor69
February 28th, 2011, 04:11
Thanks for posting Rene! Don't pay any attention to anyone that goes all negative on you. Pity them and their situation in life that makes them the way they are. It must be sad being them! :8(

pong
February 28th, 2011, 08:56
well, yesterday is now sunday (as today is mon 28th-the big day to get your lottereetickets), and yes, yesterday morning, sun, I was waken by a heavy downpour around 6.30. Better that as the blaring speeches when the redshirts have yet another of their mob=demo's.
If you walk BKKs treets a lot, you tend to get a thick skin anyway for annoying things. You will not even survive without.

Beachlover
February 28th, 2011, 17:54
You need thick skin to post here. Anyone can attack you so set your expectations accordingly and be prepared to just ignore people who don't justify their attacks. Otherwise, don't post.
Good advice for anyone - and might I respectfully request it be considered by those who regularly - and predictably - go off on wild "ins*lting" tangents to comments that challenge them?
If you mean to address me, I respectfully suggest making it clear, instead of mincing around.

In response to your comment: I don't have an issue with someone challenging an opinion. It's when someone makes a personal accusation or attack or myself or someone else unjustified that I'll challenge them.

Smiles sent me this advice in a PM the first time I got slapped here needlessly within a month of joining five years ago, so I'm passing it along.
There's irony in this since Smiles is all too often one of the arseholes berating (often new) members without justification.

Surfcrest
February 28th, 2011, 18:41
In response to your comment: I don't have an issue with someone challenging an opinion. It's when someone makes a personal accusation or attack or myself or someone else unjustified that I'll challenge them.

There's irony in this since Smiles is all too often one of the arseholes berating (often new) members without justification.

There you go again Beachlover, just after you received more good advice from the membership. If you are looking for a good scrap take it offline.....I'm sure enjoying kicking you around in private with PM's so that the rest of the board can enjoy what they are really here for.

No need responding to this thread......PM me if you have some hate to share, I love spooning with you!

Kisses.......Surfcrest

Beachlover
February 28th, 2011, 18:49
Surfcrest... I feel that advice is more relevant to you. You recently initiated a huge round of personal attacks and accusations, none of which you have proven or substantiated with anything.

bao-bao
February 28th, 2011, 21:49
Rene - I rest my case.
Please chuck your reluctance into the trash and continue to post reports, or try the suggestions I sent you in the PM. :cheers:

thonglor55
March 1st, 2011, 04:31
... be prepared to just ignore people who don't justify their attacks. Otherwise, don't post.If only our leading cyber-bully would follow his own advice.

Diec
March 1st, 2011, 04:37
Fowl mouthed beachbore will never not stop posting. He thinks he has friends...

March 1st, 2011, 05:50
and might I respectfully request it be considered by those who regularly - and predictably - go off on wild "ins*lting" tangents to comments that challenge them?

Well bao-bao you did try but with a predictable response from Beachlover.