PDA

View Full Version : Quick Trip to BKK

February 24th, 2011, 23:15
Coming over next week for a quick visit following some business in Sing. Need some advice because it's been five years since I was in BKK.

1. Massage. Where are the friendliest boys? Where are the cleanest establishments? (Staying at the Peninsula and I detested the masseurs there last time.)
2. Restaurants. In the Silom area, where would you recommend for great food in tablecloth (but casual) restaurants?
3. Tailor. Had some great shirts made last time, but this time, I'm looking for a nice suit or two... got any suggestions?
4. Shopping. Looking for stuff I can't get (easily) in the Emirates: underwear and swimwear. Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Sen Yai
February 25th, 2011, 02:31
1. Massage. Assuming you want more than just your feet rubbed try: Aqua (http://www.aquapanclub.com/) for younger Uni student types or Senso (http://www.sensomenclub.com/) for more macho (mature?) guys or Adonis (http://www.thaiadonismassage.com) or Fan Club (http://www.fanclub.asia) for a wider choice. All of these should satisfy your requirements.

2. Restaurants. In the Silom area - I recommend Shangrila (http://www.shangarilagroup.com/) on Soi Thaniya for Thai-style Chinese. To find it, enter from Silom with O'Reilly's on your right and turn into the first 'moo' on the right. For Western cuisine try Hu'u (http://www.bangkok.com/tatler/restaurants/huu.html) at the Ascott on Sathorn (although I have heard that it may now be closed...) and the table cloths maybe a little too starchy.

3. Tailor. ... got any suggestions? - Yes: Don't bother! Why do you want to dress in the latest cuts from Mumbai (or actually, Khatmandu)

4. Shopping. for underwear and swimwear. There are 2 sports shops on the northern side of Silom, near the BTS between Soi 2 and 4. One is Super Sports and the other is Active Nation. The latter (with orange decor) has the widest range of both swim wear and under wear. Alternatively, try the major departments stores such as Paragon or Tokyu (in MBK) at Siam Square.

February 25th, 2011, 03:23
3. Tailor. ... got any suggestions? - Yes: Don't bother! Why do you want to dress in the latest cuts from Mumbai (or actually, Khatmandu)

Agreed, agreed, agreed.
If you are coming in from Singapore then buy something there

fedssocr
February 25th, 2011, 05:09
People I know always rave about Hero massage...Sukhumvit Soi 11 I think. I have never been there but it has been recommended to me by multiple people. Supposed to have beefy guys.

Mack's blog is full of massage place reviews
http://shamelessmack.wordpress.com/

February 25th, 2011, 05:57

Sen Yai is absolutely right - don't waste your money.
If however you want to get some casual stuff done, and particularly if you have things that you would liked copied, then I can make a recommendation. Let me know.

Beachlover
February 25th, 2011, 12:27
In Thailand, I wouldn't use any tailor unless they came with a strong recommendation. I had two or three suits and a heap of shirts made up on my first trip to Phuket (didn't know much about it back then) and I think I wore them for all of a few weeks before binning the lot...

If you're going to be in Singapore, you may as well get your tailored suit there. You can be much more certain of the quality and materials. I've not done it in Singapore myself but I've a mate who gets suits made there and he's into his Zegnas and Armanis so his standards are quite high.

February 26th, 2011, 05:06
Sen Yai and all --- thank you for your input. I knew there was a reason I got my suits made in Hong Kong and only got shirts in Thailand. I appreciate you reminding me of that. The shirts I got, I have to say, were excellent quality from a place called "The Chinese Tailor". Despite the name, the dude was definitely from Mumbai.

I won't have time in Sing on this trip to get fitted for a suit, but I'll be back later in the year and can do it then. Just out of curiosity: if you had a choice between HK and Sing (and assuming the prices were similar -- they aren't, but suspend reality for a second), which would you choose for a tailored suit?

Also, thanks for the other recommendations. And yes, I was looking for something other than just a foot massage. I had heard of Senso and Adonis, but the others were new to me. Thanks for the reference to Mack's blog, fedssocr. I think if you're ever out of work, Sen Yai, you should consider applying at the tourist board! I appreciate the in-depth info on shopping. I probably wouldn't have found those shops on my own and I'll definitely make a stop there.

As far as restaurantsтАж I went to a place on my last trip that had an open air dining area where I had unbelievably spicy food (well, to me anyway) -- it was a delicious meal. If I recall, it had a huge tree and overlooked a street. It was a place my hotel driver picked out and I was the only farang there, so I have no idea what part of town it was in -- if memory serves, it was within a half-hour drive from the Peninsula. Does it sound familiar to anyone? I'd love to revisit it. ORтАж if you have a recommendation for really great Thai food, I'd love to know about that, too.

Also... is the sky bar I see featured in the Bombay Sapphire ads worth checking out? And by that, I mean in addition to the view, is there any eye-candy? Thanks.

February 26th, 2011, 07:20
The first two posts are really interesting because I'm going to Bangkok in April. But I don't expect to have to pay for sex coz I'm only like 25.

Thai Dyed
February 26th, 2011, 09:09
The first two posts are really interesting because I'm going to Bangkok in April. But I don't expect to have to pay for sex coz I'm only like 25.

Hey meeja! Howyadoin? I remember running into you and you're right, those Thai guys are going to really go for you. In fact, I think they will be PAYING YOU! Your are some hot number!

[attachment=0:s9epdvhj]Hot25yo.jpg[/attachment:s9epdvhj]

lonelywombat
February 26th, 2011, 12:06
Mack's blog is full of massage place reviews.
http://shamelessmack.wordpress.com/

Not only massage but bars in Pattaya and Bangkok as well

Thanks for the link to shameless mack It has been too long since I last visited.

I enjoyed his very large review of Jupiter and was surprised that it now includes a nude show.
It is an excellent read and very well written.

Of course their "famous towel tease" is still included. I actually enjoy it as all the boys look straight and sexy.But whenever I have taken a Jupiter boy off in the main they were disappointing. Most of them are flirting with any female that comes in and will defer accepting an off until late. Excuses like he has to do a show most common.

Still I never fail to visit when in BKK.

Beachlover
February 27th, 2011, 17:25
Also... is the sky bar I see featured in the Bombay Sapphire ads worth checking out? And by that, I mean in addition to the view, is there any eye-candy? Thanks.
If we're talking about the same ad, it's the one with the picture of the circular sky bar at the top of the Lebua State Tower Hotel. I think it's definitely worth checking out... But I haven't noticed much eye candy when I've been there and never saw anyone who looked gay other than a couple of Thai boys being taken around by a farang.

February 27th, 2011, 22:48

Since you apparently haven't had much experience in the world, meeja, let me assure you that EVERYBODY pays for sex. Some payments are just more explicit and uncomplicated than others.

February 27th, 2011, 22:51
...it's the one with the picture of the circular sky bar at the top of the Lebua State Tower Hotel...

Right you are...I will make the effort to stop by for a drink. Thanks for the info, Beachlover.

Beachlover
February 28th, 2011, 17:43
FYI in case you missed them, there's two good recent threads on Bangkok here:

gay-thailand-f9/where-meet-local-guys-bkk-t20764.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/where-meet-local-guys-bkk-t20764.html)

gay-thailand-f9/trip-ideas-for-things-bkk-t20256.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/trip-ideas-for-things-bkk-t20256.html)

Since you apparently haven't had much experience in the world, meeja, let me assure you that EVERYBODY pays for sex. Some payments are just more explicit and uncomplicated than others.
Meeja might or might not be taking the piss but I disagree with your statement that everybody pays for sex... There is such a thing as two balanced equals coming together.

February 28th, 2011, 17:48
.. I disagree with your statement that everybody pays for sex... There is such a thing as two balanced equals coming together.

VERY much a minority of cases IMHO

:occasion9:

chillnorth
February 28th, 2011, 18:51
Meeja doesn't say where he plans to be, how much of a budget he's working with or even if he has a smattering of Thai. He may well find the thrill of a lifetime here without a direct cash outlay. I doubt that's going to happen on Soi Twilight or other quarters commonly mentioned on this board. It does occur surprisingly often in other venues. I don't disagree with you, Beachie; there is assuredly plenty of free sex to be had, but "I don't pay for it" strikes me as an impractical and somewhat misplaced belief system to haul all the way to the LOS if you can let it rest for a week. One can carry that particular twist on Calvinism into any other gay zone on the globe and take one's chances on getting laid. By suspending it and throwing in a couple of thousand baht, one can exceed one's fantasies, even twenty-five year-old fantasies. On the local side, finding someone pretty to fuck is no challenge for a Thai lad, so the question becomes "what else have you got?" In my reasonably broad experience of the scene young trophy farang are only trophies if they have the baht.

Matt excepted, of course :sunny: (No offense intended, Matt.)

Beachlover
February 28th, 2011, 19:19
He may well find the thrill of a lifetime here without a direct cash outlay. I doubt that's going to happen on Soi Twilight...
Obviously... since Soi Twilight is all commercial sex venues.

"I don't pay for it" strikes me as an impractical and somewhat misplaced belief system to haul all the way to the LOS if you can let it rest for a week. One can carry that particular twist on Calvinism into any other gay zone on the globe and take one's chances on getting laid. By suspending it and throwing in a couple of thousand baht, one can exceed one's fantasies, even twenty-five year-old fantasies.
I think whether you pay is more a personal decision than a practical one (if you're not that attractive it might become soley practical thing).

I've paid for it before when I was even younger than 25 so I'm open minded about it and agree there are some benefits to paying for it.

On the local side, finding someone pretty to fuck is no challenge for a Thai lad, so the question becomes "what else have you got?" In my reasonably broad experience of the scene young trophy farang are only trophies if they have the baht.
I'm curious. Do you mean young farangs, even if they're good looking are only attractive if they still pay?

I'm not a farang (I'm Asian, not Caucasian) so I guess my experience of hooking up in Thailand is different to young Caucasian foreigners.

I don't want to be seen as a "trophy" boy as it muddles feelings/motives. I'd rather someone genuinely like me for my looks/character than whatever financial means I have so I'm happy most Thai boys initially assume I'm just another Thai boy if they start chatting me up... I have to tell them I'm Australian (wealthy Western country) but other than that, I think most assume I'm just another Asian until they come back to my hotel and by then, they probably wouldn't get to that stage unless they genuinely like me... or so I hope.

Surfcrest
March 3rd, 2011, 17:28
so I'm happy most Thai boys initially assume I'm just another Thai boy if they start chatting me up...

I think it would be pretty easy for a Thai person to mistake a Filipino for another Thai person don't you think Beachy?

March 3rd, 2011, 23:47
For a restaurant that is sensational, YES, I would also suggest the Shangri la on the river. The Chaing Paalce is great for Peking or Hong Kong style duck and other fine Chinese favorites. They also have excellent Thai cuisine in the Satahip or Angelini for Italian. You can also enjoy their enormous buffet in the Next Tow all located within the Shangri la.

Down the block from them is Boss Tailors. I have used them now going on 10 years. A little more expensive than others but the material is the best and the workmanship excellent. Any type of shirt or suit including exremely fine Italian suit materials.mA few doors down is a cafe that is owned by, (I think he said he was no longer with them) an ex chef of the Dusit Resort. The food is excellent.
:alc:

Jason1988
March 4th, 2011, 02:01
I disagree with your statement that everybody pays for sex... There is such a thing as two balanced equals coming together.

That's true but they'd have to be twins and that would be an incestual relationship! :rolling:

thonglor55
March 6th, 2011, 08:15
so I'm happy most Thai boys initially assume I'm just another Thai boy if they start chatting me up...I think it would be pretty easy for a Thai person to mistake a Filipino for another Thai person don't you think Beachy?My guess is Vietnamese rather than Filipino, as he's already claimed his mother is illiterate in English. Sydney in particular is full of Vietnamese criminals.

Beachlover
March 6th, 2011, 19:26
I think it would be pretty easy for a Thai person to mistake a Filipino for another Thai person don't you think Beachy?
Surf... I'm not a Filipino. Not even close, mate. When I'm talked to in Thai and have to explain I don't speak it I often hear the, "sorry, we thought you Chi-Thai" line.

You sent me three long PMs ranting on with absolute conviction that you believe me to be a Filipino cleaner amongst other things. It's pretty clear nothing you previously said about me was correct so you're now conjuring a baseless and vindicative story out of thin air. You have a habit of doing this to people and businesses as demonstrated by your dishonest story about being scammed at a bar owned by someone you dislike.

Can I suggest you drop it? I've never personally attacked you unprovoked. If you disagree with an opinion I've made, we can agree to disagree or debate it rationally. There's no need for you to make more personal attacks and accusations out of your own irrational frustration at being unable to convince someone else of your own opinion.

Beachlover
March 6th, 2011, 19:30
That's true but they'd have to be twins and that would be an incestual relationship! :rolling:
Not to the Nth degree!

Come on... I'm talking about two people with similar age attraction, similar good looks and maybe similar or compatible class/background, rather than this big half little half thing where one partner is superior to the other partner in power and one is meant to be "paying" the other.

March 6th, 2011, 22:05
If you disagree with an opinion I've made, we can agree to disagree or debate it rationally. There's no need for you to make more personal attacks and accusations

LOL - Do you think he even reads what he posts?

Surfcrest
March 6th, 2011, 22:11
In Thailand, I wouldn't use any tailor unless they came with a strong recommendation. I had two or three suits and a heap of shirts made up on my first trip to Phuket (didn't know much about it back then) and I think I wore them for all of a few weeks before binning the lot...

Funny how when you talk about your Thailand experiences you always come back to these first two trips (and in this very thread).....nothing sinceтАж.why is that?

I'm not a farang (I'm Asian, not Caucasian) so I guess my experience of hooking up in Thailand is different to young Caucasian foreigners.

I'm happy most Thai boys initially assume I'm just another Thai boy if they start chatting me up... I have to tell them I'm Australian (wealthy Western country) but other than that, I think most assume I'm just another Asian until they come back to my hotel.

Now, how many Asian men actually refer to themselves as тАЬAsianтАЭ men? The only ones that IтАЩve found that do this are Filipinos, who for some reason have a difficulty with their ethnic originsтАж.AsianтАж.Filipino SpanishтАж.

You talk like a Filipino service worker, someone who makes beds or flips burgers with your тАЬtaking the pissтАЭтАж..how vulgar is that Beachy?

I might be in Hong Kong soon too...

If you are there on a Sunday Beachlover, the Hong Kong boys are going to be wondering where your cardboard box is.

You sent me three long PMs ranting on with absolute conviction that you believe me to be a Filipino cleaner amongst other things. It's pretty clear nothing you previously said about me was correct so you're now conjuring a baseless and vindicative story out of thin air. You have a habit of doing this to people and businesses as demonstrated by your dishonest story about being scammed at a bar owned by someone you dislike.

A habit? No, the focus is with youтАжnot other people. The facts are on the table in respect to the bar incident, whichтАжlet me remind you again you werenтАЩt present forтАж.so now whoтАЩs conjuring a baseless and vindictive story out of thin air?

The sending PM idea was your idea sweetheart and you have to admit, it looks like I have pegged you down with who you really are.

Beachlover
March 6th, 2011, 22:37
Funny how when you talk about your Thailand experiences you always come back to these first two trips
You're saying I've always referred to my first two Thailand trips and never to any other.

Could you please substantiate that claim? Go through my posts and prove it. I've referred to many other visits. This thread for example - gay-thailand-f9/dusit-hotel-t17133.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/dusit-hotel-t17133.html) - refers to a September 2009 trip. If Jinks can check the IP address the 6th post (made on 5 Sep 09) on page 2 of the thread was made from (and any posts after) it'll indicate a Bangkok IP address. The earlier posts in the thread made in July 09 won't as I wasn't in Thailand yet.

Surfcrest, we've already seen how dishonest and fraudulent you are. If you fail to retract the above claim, you further prove your desire to lie your way through unjustified personal attacks on this board.

Now, how many Asian men actually refer to themselves as тАЬAsianтАЭ men? The only ones that IтАЩve found that do this are Filipinos, who for some reason have a difficulty with their ethnic originsтАж.AsianтАж.Filipino SpanishтАж.
Sorry, you're completely wrong. I know plenty of Asians from Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia and other Asian countries who refer to themselves as Asian. My parents originate from a mix of Asian countries so I don't identify myself with any one specifically, more Australia than any place else.

Once again, I ask you to prove your claim or provide any solid statement from my posts that I am Filipino or retract it. Failing to do this means you're lying yet again.

The facts are on the table in respect to the bar incident
Yes, the facts visible on this board are you made a number of personal attacks against a bar owner on this board.

You then went to that bar where you claimed you handed over a 1,000 baht note and the staff tried to scam you. You then refused their offer to view surveillance footage and verify the amount with your own eyes. The bar owner claims he has camera evidence to prove you handed over a 500 baht note and not a 1,000 baht note.

You then ran home and posted a long and vindicative story about how THAT bar tried to scam you claiming that you had given them a 1,000 baht note.

What does that say about your propensity to lie?

Brad the Impala
March 7th, 2011, 01:38
The sending PM idea was your idea sweetheart and you have to admit, it looks like I have pegged you down with who you really are.

"Pegged you down", dream on! Instead you have just pegged yourself down as an arsehole, and an obsessive arsehole at that. Your continued and failed attempts to fit a square theory into a round reality are reminiscent of the Flat Earth Society, although possibly rather less well researched.

http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djublonskopf/Flatearthsociety.htm.

Surfcrest
March 7th, 2011, 05:55

"Pegged you down", dream on! Instead you have just pegged yourself down as an arsehole, and an obsessive arsehole at that. Your continued and failed attempts to fit a square theory into a round reality are reminiscent of the Flat Earth Society, although possibly rather less well researched.

Brad, the PM's were shared between Beachlover and I....I don't believe you were copied, unless this is just you wanting to get involved.

Beachlover has thrown a considerable amount of mud, not just my way and he wants me to drop it?

тАжyou honestly are an anally retentive moronтАжbeing a f*ckstickтАжSurfcrest is just generally being a nosey, anally-retentive f*ckstick.. you're a small-minded, anally-retentive dickheadтАж.your pompous faceтАжPiss off and get a lifeтАжyou're either an arsehole тАжYou're a waste of space litigant .. ill-intending arsehole тАжYou're a fuckstick. Piss off and get a lifeтАжYou're a f*cking dopey moron, SurfcrestтАж you can't possibly be this much of a dumb f*ckstick. You're anally-retentive enough to dig up details, too unintelligentтАжYou can be a dopey prickтАжsmall-minded moron of limited means like youтАжyou're one of these oblivious, sleazy, low-life creeps with little self-awareness and no ethical or moral senseтАжDear Factually Challenged FuckstickтАжYou're also a liarтАж.
That's right! A fucking liar! You're a man without integrity or honest principlesтАжHey, Unkie! You sound pretty convincing when you propose Surfcrest is a lonely, uncompromising, anally-retentive f*ckstick loser no one can stand!.. envious/anally-retentive/moronic (choose one) f*cksticks like Surfcrest.. Surfcrest is a liar, a fraud and a low life who most likely seeks to deliberately and fraudulently damage the reputation of a business because he personally dislikes the ownerтАжIt's clear Surfcrest is dishonest and completely lacks integrity.тАж.I f*ck over bullsh*t frauds like you all the time.

I'm still waiting to get f*cked over by Beachlover...or was this just an empty threat?

March 7th, 2011, 06:39
I particularly love the self awareness.

There's no need for you to make more personal attacks and accusations

тАжyou honestly are an anally retentive moronтАжbeing a f*ckstickтАжSurfcrest is just generally being a nosey, anally-retentive f*ckstick.. you're a small-minded, anally-retentive dickheadтАж.your pompous faceтАжPiss off and get a lifeтАжyou're either an arsehole тАжYou're a waste of space litigant .. ill-intending arsehole тАжYou're a fuckstick. Piss off and get a lifeтАжYou're a f*cking dopey moron, SurfcrestтАж you can't possibly be this much of a dumb f*ckstick. You're anally-retentive enough to dig up details, too unintelligentтАжYou can be a dopey prickтАжsmall-minded moron of limited means like youтАжyou're one of these oblivious, sleazy, low-life creeps with little self-awareness and no ethical or moral senseтАжDear Factually Challenged FuckstickтАжYou're also a liarтАж.
That's right! A fucking liar! You're a man without integrity or honest principlesтАжHey, Unkie! You sound pretty convincing when you propose Surfcrest is a lonely, uncompromising, anally-retentive f*ckstick loser no one can stand!.. envious/anally-retentive/moronic (choose one) f*cksticks like Surfcrest.. Surfcrest is a liar, a fraud and a low life who most likely seeks to deliberately and fraudulently damage the reputation of a business because he personally dislikes the ownerтАжIt's clear Surfcrest is dishonest and completely lacks integrity.тАж.I f*ck over bullsh*t frauds like you all the time.

Surfcrest
March 7th, 2011, 06:47
The facts are on the table in respect to the bar incident
Yes, the facts visible on this board are you made a number of personal attacks against a bar owner on this board.

You then went to that bar where you claimed you handed over a 1,000 baht note and the staff tried to scam you. You then refused their offer to view surveillance footage and verify the amount with your own eyes. The bar owner claims he has camera evidence to prove you handed over a 500 baht note and not a 1,000 baht note.

You then ran home and posted a long and vindicative story about how THAT bar tried to scam you claiming that you had given them a 1,000 baht note.

What does that say about your propensity to lie?

No Beachlover, you weren't there, neither was the one who told you this story.

What the owner said on this board is that a camera shows Surfcrest putting a bill inside the folder, but they couldn't see what the bill was. You acknowledged that yourself.

I don't know if Surfcrest handed over a 500 or 1,000 baht note but a few important factors should be noted...

The show has just ended and there is the usual flurry of customers trying to get their check and go. A folder in this flurry of checks is shown to contain a 500 baht note and so it is assumed by the person reviewing the tape that this bill came from Surfcrest's table. Folder containing roughly 160 bhat comes back, Surfcrest and BF (who also thought the original bill was 1000) seem surprised, ask the waiter if heтАЩs sure about the change. Waiter goes back to cashier, has a 2 minute conversation with himтАжcomes back to SurfcrestтАЩs table, says no the bar thinkтАЩs they are right as they have the transaction on cameraтАжSurfcrest takes 160 baht change and leaves with BF.

When I got home, I posted thisтАж..

Surprisingly, he said that I could go upstairs and review the security tapes of me handing him the 1000 note which should be a surprise to some of your guests that they are being filmed while in your bar.
Look at the tape dearest, check me out...I am the guy in the military shorts with the dark, dark tan.
Now, how did I get that tan?

Have I not just proved you wrong again big guy....not to mention the integrity factor?

The point, in that post you said was meant to defame this bar appears to be more concerned with being filmed while in the bar as a response to the bar ownerтАЩs opinion of my appearance up to that moment. You and the bar owner made it out to be more than that. You can re-read the thread if you would like Beachlover.

thonglor55
March 7th, 2011, 08:44
.. There is such a thing as two balanced equals coming together.My preference enttirely, it's such a bore having cum oneself and then waiting for the other person to climax.

March 7th, 2011, 16:07
...it's such a bore having cum oneself and then waiting for the other person to climax.

I turn the television on at that point.

:occasion9:

Beachlover
March 8th, 2011, 19:34
...it's such a bore having cum oneself and then waiting for the other person to climax.
I turn the television on at that point.
Wee bit romantic are we? :occasion9:

Beachlover
March 8th, 2011, 19:49
Surfcrest, you are clearly a liar. You demonstrate this by failing to acknowledge your previous accusation at me was proven wrong with a simple link. You refuse to acknowledge your statements are factually untrue, even when proof is placed in front of you.

Your failure to comply with both previous requests demonstrates you deliberately intend to lie your way through unjustified personal attacks on this board.

you weren't there, neither was the one who told you this story
gay-thailand-f9/champagne-wine-sale-t20649-120.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/champagne-wine-sale-t20649-120.html)

The following facts are visible on this board: (1) Your repeated personal attacks at this bar owner, (2) your statement of subsequently visiting the bar and being scammed and (3) the bar ownerтАЩs account of viewing surveillance footage showing you handed over a smaller amount of cash than you claimed.

What is also clear is (1) you declined the staffтАЩs offer to view surveillance footage, which wouldтАЩve vindicated you if you weren't lying and (2) you declined to return to the bar and view the camera evidence after the event but still continued to accuse the bar of scamming you despite the bar offering you evidence to disprove this.

You have a habit of making false accusations, then ignoring evidence, which disproves your accusations when tabled. YouтАЩre a brazenly dishonest and habitual liar.

This is the story you posted about being scammed:

You know, you could almost pass for John Goodman with your striped shirt, brown shorts, suspenders and you must tell me where you picked up those Velcro snap white running shoes. I was in Milan this past Autumn and looked high and low for a pair like that, but came up empty handed.
Sweetie, you're not just big...you're humongous! And I love what you do with that flashlight, you must have been a traffic cop in your younger days or something. I came so close tonight to giving you the typing test that you have been hinting toward. You see the bald ugly waiter took a 1000 baht note from me on our 350 baht bill and played me for the oldest trick on the books. If I wasn't swimming in dough I probably would have made more of an issue with it. Besides,I couldn't take any more arguing with him, his breath smelled horrible, like ka ka or something.
Surprisingly, he said that I could go upstairs and review the security tapes of me handing him the 1000 note which should be a surprise to some of your guests that they are being filmed while in your bar.
Look at the tape dearest, check me out...I am the guy in the military shorts with the dark, dark tan.

Have I not just proved you wrong again big guy....not to mention the integrity factor?

Any more questions for me?

Surf crest
This is the bar ownerтАЩs account of surveillance footage, which captured your actions inside the bar.

The CD of the cameras show Surfcrest putting something in the bill folder. It shows the Asst Manager taking the folder and walking to the cashier. There are 2 cameras. One in the front looking towards the back and one in the back filming towards the front. Therefore I can see the entire episode as it unfolded.
The cashier camera shows the cashier removing a 500 baht note, making change and putting it back into the bill folder and the Asst manager returning it to Surfcrest. End of story.

more concerned with being filmed while in the bar
All or most gogo bars in Pattaya have surveillance cameras. You donтАЩt deny this but you repeatedly point out the presence of cameras in this bar and phrase it in a way that indicates you are trying to make this specific bar look bad.

Surfcrest, your own actions prove youтАЩre an extremely dishonest and unethical individual. I hate to say this but your own behaviour actually supports my opinion of Pattaya, which is the very thing you took issue with when you started making personal attacks on me.

bao-bao
March 8th, 2011, 20:09
Good grief. Cast the bait, reel them in - cast the bait, reel them in.

Let it rest, boys.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z56/khunbaobao/1918trainwreck.jpg

Surfcrest
March 9th, 2011, 02:57
you weren't there, neither was the one who told you this story

The following facts are visible on this board: (1) Your repeated personal attacks at this bar owner, (2) your statement of subsequently visiting the bar and being scammed and (3) the bar ownerтАЩs account of viewing surveillance footage showing you handed over a smaller amount of cash than you claimed.

The CD of the cameras show Surfcrest putting something in the bill folder.

I don't know if Surfcrest handed over a 500 or 1,000 baht note but a few important factors should be noted...

Beachlover, you weren't there and clearly you wouldn't make a very good lawyer. These repeated personal attacks on the bar owner were simply responses to the way over the line mud he and you were flinging my way....without the name calling I've quoted you as having wrote in that one thread alone. You think there was some big fight over 500 baht...which there wasn't....that's like $16 bucks.....nothing. I don't need to view surveillance footage; I know what I look like. If someone wants to video tape their customers in their gay bar in Thailand, identify their customers on an anonymous message board and then threaten to take this footage to the Thai authorities (an empty threat might I add) then that's not my doing....it's their's....whatever good it does their business here on SGT. It's the same as me telling you what I think of you by PM, you sharing that with the board and then telling me to retract what I said. Doll face, the P in PM means Private. Are they really false accusations if it's you who publicised them by sharing that part of the PM? Isn't it amusing how easily you've been manipulated here?

I f*ck over bullsh*t frauds like you all the time.
You're a joke Beachlover!

thonglor55
March 9th, 2011, 08:26
I f*ck over bullsh*t frauds like you all the time.You're a joke Beachlover!Wrong, surfcrest - he's a cyber bully.

Beachlover
March 9th, 2011, 18:26
Surfcrest, you still havenтАЩt acknowledged where your statements have been proven to be lies.

You made accusations, and then ignored facts proving your accusations WRONG. You've done this on multiple occasions. YouтАЩre a brazenly dishonest liar who continues to make personal attacks with unsubstantiated and factually false statements.

These repeated personal attacks on the bar owner were simply responses to the way over the line mud he and you were flinging my way
So how did this start in the first place? It started with you making тАЬover the topтАЭ personal attacks at me, claiming IтАЩve never been to Pattaya. None of your attacks are substantiated and several of your statements have been factually proven wrong.

You think there was some big fight over 500 baht...which there wasn't....that's like $16 bucks.....nothing... If someone wants to video tape their customers in their gay bar in Thailand, identify their customers on an anonymous message board
No, it's not the amount involved. ItтАЩs you posting a story claiming to have been scammed by this bar right after attacking its own on this board. An act, I suspect was intended to unfairly damage this businessтАЩ reputation. The business refuted your claim and stated it has camera footage disproving your story, which you've repeatedly refused to review.

You continue to bad mouth this bar for having surveillance cameras when you know all or most bars in Pattaya have them by law. It was YOU who first identified yourself by posting your story about being scammed and posting a description of yourself:

Moment of truth: Go back to your accusation that IтАЩve not referred to any other trip than my first two, review my response and acknowledge you are wrong. If you canтАЩt do this, then youтАЩre a dishonest individual. You canтАЩt be trusted to tell the truth. Simple as that.

Surfcrest
March 10th, 2011, 00:55
If someone wants to video tape their customers in their gay bar in Thailand, identify their customers on an anonymous message board and then threaten to take this footage to the Thai authorities (an empty threat might I add) then that's not my doing....it's their's....whatever good it does their business here on SGT.
You continue to bad mouth this bar for having surveillance cameras when you know all or most bars in Pattaya have them by law.
Continuing to bad mouth the bar? The issue is not with the cameras or with the bar, itтАЩs with whatтАЩs being done with the information, including here on Sawatdee. If you are going to take the time to quote me Beachlover, you should at least read what you are responding to.

So how did this start in the first place? It started with you making тАЬover the topтАЭ personal attacks at me, claiming IтАЩve never been to Pattaya. None of your attacks are substantiated and several of your statements have been factually proven wrong.
You made accusations, and then ignored facts proving your accusations WRONG. You've done this on multiple occasions. YouтАЩre a brazenly dishonest liar who continues to make personal attacks with unsubstantiated and factually false statements.

These тАЬover the topтАЭ personal attacks on you that you refer to are based on what I said to you about you and Pattaya in the Pattaya threadтАжand I quote for you.

I've held this view of Pattaya ever since I visited a couple of years ago.

When people come here looking for information or advice (Advice About First Trip To Bangkok) about Thailand or Pattaya for that matter you're one of the first on your feet telling them the beaches are shit, the views are shit not to mention your views on the people included in this thread.

YouтАЩve been here twice right, your last visit two years agoтАжone of those visits in the time of year when there were jellyfish?

It sounds as though you have an axe to grind with Pattaya, the people from Pattaya or your message board adversaries from Pattaya.

On Sunday August 10th 2009 you talk about being in Pattaya, getting a massage, walking through Sunee onceтАжyou were here with your mother or your sister right? Low Season again Beachlover? The last you talk about it is Tuesday August 12th 2009тАж.short visit huh? I never knew Pattaya continued to exist in August. No wonder you ran into jellyfish. When was the only other visit you made to have so many opinions about the city and the people living there?

And now the PM you say that proves your multiple visits over the last 6 yearsтАж
IтАЩve gone through facts youтАЩve providedтАжwasted a little time today researching your claims. My responses are in red bold font.

Why did he need to tell us about these two visits [in 2006/2007] to Thailand but could not and has not since told us about any subsequent visits?

I don't specify dates or approximate travel periods for privacy reasons but I've commented on them plenty of times so your claim is false.

Quick search reveals comments on trips I made in 2008/2009/2010:

1. Described a series of events over multiple visits: gay-thailand-f9/transforming-into-money-boy-t20418.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/transforming-into-money-boy-t20418.html)
Proves Nothing, could be a fiction novel.

2. Only time I specified a date and my posts were made from the actual hotel mentioned (page 2 onwards): gay-thailand-f9/dusit-hotel-t17133-15.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/dusit-hotel-t17133-15.html) (note this was when I was still being very courteous with LMTU - he posts as "Bottomsup" here but all his posts were deleted so the thread appears disjointed)
You arrive Saturday September 5th and gone by Wednesday September 9th 2009, No other Thai visits mentioned in your posts at that timeтАж.Low season!!!!

3. Described a 2010 trip here: gay-thailand-f9/beachlovers-trip-report-bangkok-july-t20039.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/beachlovers-trip-report-bangkok-july-t20039.html) (trip was in June, not July as Lonely says) Lonely Wombat asks for details of BeachloverтАЩs trip to Bangkok and Beachlover provides some Harlequin romance storyтАжno Thai specifics and here from Aug 2010. and here gay-thailand-f9/laundry-silom-charged-per-kilo-t19985.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/laundry-silom-charged-per-kilo-t19985.html)
Same Aug 2010 visitтАж.no other Thai posts at this timeтАж.Low Season!!!

4. Cambodia trip reports (visited Thailand on the same trip): any-other-country-f15/phnom-penh-cambodia-trip-report-t20485.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/any-other-country-f15/phnom-penh-cambodia-trip-report-t20485.html) and any-other-country-f15/gay-siem-reap-cambodia-trip-report-t20493.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/any-other-country-f15/gay-siem-reap-cambodia-trip-report-t20493.html)
Who cares? This is about you in Thailand.

5. Described visit to Pattaya/Sunee Plaza: gay-thailand-f9/boys-who-play-t18885.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/boys-who-play-t18885.html)
You talk about walking through Sunee Plaza sometime in the past.

5. Mentioned incident from first Pattaya visit: gay-thailand-f9/boy-addiction-anyone-else-t18932-15.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/boy-addiction-anyone-else-t18932-15.html)
In this post from Jan 1, 2010 you mention something about a boy you met on a past trip to Pattaya.

I donтАЩt think this is over the top Beachlover. You have some fantastic ideas about Pattaya and more specifically the expats that live in Pattaya based on being leered at as you walked through Sunee once? Maybe you had the look of being affordable, a popular trait for Sunee boys. Have you actually met any ex-pats from Pattaya Beachlover or are you combining this with the bad experiences youтАЩve had with the Pattaya crowd on the message boards?

I think you have run out of rope in your argument here Beachlover and with your silly ultimatums. You accuse me of being a brazenly dishonest liar, but you havenтАЩt provided any examples of that yourselfтАж.nor can you demonstrate that you have any relevant experiences in Thailand to justify 4000 plus posts.

Surfcrest

Beachlover
March 10th, 2011, 20:31
Surfcrest, you still havenтАЩt acknowledged where your statements are proven to be lies.

YouтАЩve repeatedly told lies and avoided acknowledging when your lies are proven wrong.

And now the PM you say that proves your multiple visits over the last 6 yearsтАж
Wrong. My message doesnтАЩt state that anywhere and the links aren't to prove the number of times I've been to Thailand. As stated, theyтАЩre to disprove your accusations that I haven't COMMENTED on any visits since 2007. This is your main justification for saying I havenтАЩt been to Thailand multiple times since 2007. You canтАЩt substantiate this and the facts you used to justify this accusation have been proven false.

Surfcrest, the honourable thing would be to admit youтАЩre a liar who was factually wrong on a number of occasions but that might be expecting too much of someone as dishonest as you.

when you talk about your Thailand experiences you always come back to these first two trips (and in this very thread).....nothing since
Why did he need to tell us about these two visits [in 2006/2007] to Thailand but could not and has not since told us about any subsequent visits?
you never bothered to mention that you were going to Thailand, were in Thailand or just got back from Thailand
telling us 3 years and not quite one month ago that he had only visited Thailand twice at that time, each visit over a year apart.
Why did he need to tell us about these two visits to Thailand but could not and has not since told us about any subsequent visits?
You had a very simple task: To acknowledge your statements above were proven wrong by a few links to posts IтАЩve made on visits since 2007. YouтАЩve proven yourself to be dishonest again by failing to acknowledge your statements were proven to be factually incorrect lies.

When people come here looking for information or advice (Advice About First Trip To Bangkok) about Thailand or Pattaya for that matter you're one of the first on your feet telling them the beaches are shit, the views are shit
Ironically, in the two threads you refer to; I was far from the first to discuss PattayaтАЩs negative aspects.

Advice about first trip to Bangkok: Smiles jumps in well before me to say тАЬPattaya/Jomtien have 'beaches', but they are pure krud. Pattaya Beach is flithy, arguably unswimmable, crowded, hooker-infested, with terrible so-called 'sand' which is in fact, simply grit... the sea there is also quite foul ...тАЭ ... followed be several other posters mentioning the negative (and positive) aspects of Pattaya. gay-thailand-f9/advice-about-first-trip-bangkok-t20647.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/advice-about-first-trip-bangkok-t20647.html)

PATTAYA: In this thread, multiple posters including the ORIGINAL POSTER mention many of the negative aspects of Pattaya long before I do. gay-thailand-f9/pattaya-t20678.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/pattaya-t20678.html)

Unfortunately, instead of accepting Pattaya has its downsides and/or accepting someone elseтАЩs view might differ from yours, you decide to make a heap of personal attacks on me. Personal attacks, which were so groundless you had to base them on the factually incorrect lies, which have been disproven above.

Continuing to bad mouth the bar? The issue is not with the cameras or with the bar, itтАЩs with whatтАЩs being done with the information, including here on Sawatdee.=
Cut the crap. You posted a story about being scammed in the bar to damage its reputation after attacking the owner here. In response, the owner described the footage to indicate your story was a big fat lie. Despite most other bars having cameras, you harp on about being filmed and anonymity but you wouldтАЩve stayed perfectly anonymous if you hadnтАЩt posted a scam story, described yourself in the footage and asked the owner to ID you.

I believe you lied, got caught out and canтАЩt face up to it. Simple as that.

It doesnтАЩt matter what direction you take this argument in. YouтАЩve proven youтАЩre a liar who canтАЩt be trusted to tell the truth or accept the truth when it goes against you.

March 10th, 2011, 21:38

http://www.nataliedee.com/021909/that-nineopus-is-a-hypocrite.jpg

Many of the very poor village boys are brought up very SIMPLE manner and with little of the good upbringing you or I might take for granted. That's why when it comes to empathy, they often f*ck up on things like not realising how stuff they say or do makes you feel ...

Surfcrest
March 10th, 2011, 23:45
When people come here looking for information or advice (Advice About First Trip To Bangkok) about Thailand or Pattaya for that matter you're one of the first on your feet telling them the beaches are shit, the views are shit
Ironically, in the two threads you refer to; I was far from the first to discuss PattayaтАЩs negative aspects.

Beachlover, once again you havenтАЩt read what you are quoting me as sayingтАж.and you are just dancing away from the discussion point that isтАж..You have a great deal to say about Pattaya, if your only experience here is 2 days during monsoon season back in 2009 and thatтАжтАж

I know there's a lot of ugly farangs in Sunee Plaza.
....from the Eros bar thread (for example), is based on a walk through you did on one of those 2 days in August, 2009 while in Pattaya.

Unfortunately, instead of accepting Pattaya has its downsides and/or accepting someone elseтАЩs view might differ from yours, you decide to make a heap of personal attacks on me. Personal attacks, which were so groundless you had to base them on the factually incorrect lies, which have been disproven above.

And yet again Beachlover, these personal attacks are simply me doubting that you have any real Gay Thailand experiences of your own. ItтАЩs easy to see that IтАЩve hit a real nerve with you on that pointтАж..you donтАЩt even acknowledge the negative comments other members are currently making about you on various threads, but you are hopping mad and dancing hard with this one. I think that you and I both know that without any real experience of your own, your role here amounts to little more than trolling.....

I'm sure that point has come up before in respect to you, hasn't it Beachlover?

Brad the Impala
March 11th, 2011, 03:23
, your role here amounts to little more than trolling.....

If you believe that to be the case, why do you keep this dreary debate going?

March 11th, 2011, 04:32

Good point Brad, one would think that in this age of technology a stuck gramophone needle was a thing of the past, but in this case it certainly is not.

thonglor55
March 11th, 2011, 07:52
factually incorrect liesNow there's an interesting concept. I guess it's in the same basket as "selfless narcissist" (who does that remind me of?)

danny99
March 11th, 2011, 14:36
Coming over next week for a quick visit following some business in Sing. Need some advice because it's been five years since I was in BKK.
2. Restaurants. In the Silom area, where would you recommend for great food in tablecloth (but casual) restaurants?

If you want to experience real original Thai cuisine, from the courts of Siam, then go to Nahm at The Metropolitan, on Satthorn. For the inexperienced the set tasting menu at about Baht 1500 is a $30 bargain. David Thiompson's two Thai cookbooks are the bibles of Thai main and street food cuisines.

Place is no good for those with narrow views and pre-conceived ideas about Thai food, and that includes, sadly, many Thais.

Reservations are usually essential, only open for dinner. Because of the set dinner, even a meal for only the solo diner is a great experioence.

March 11th, 2011, 21:51
Life is difficult as ever for the best Thai restaurants in Thailand, so please support them! The Nahm is very good but not yet totally convincing. Tropical juices? Orange juice only! One star (Michelin) or 17 points (Gault et Millau) for a Thai restaurant in Bangkok? Not yet, in my opinion.

Two of the best Thai restaurants in the Sathon area, not far from Silom:

Restaurant Nahm, Metropolitan Hotel, South Sathon Road, Bangkok:
http://www.metropolitan.bangkok.como.bz ... drink/nahm (http://www.metropolitan.bangkok.como.bz/eat-and-drink/nahm)
http://www.metropolitan.bangkok.como.bz/location

Reservation: +66 (0) 2625 3388

http://www.lifestyleasia.com/features/n ... le-id/5370 (http://www.lifestyleasia.com/features/nahm-at-the-metropolitan-bangkok-chef-david-thompson/article-id/5370)
http://www.bangkokpost.com/food/cuisine ... no-borders (http://www.bangkokpost.com/food/cuisine/201484/star-quality-knows-no-borders)
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/travel/ ... 5901055131 (http://www.theaustralian.com.au/travel/world/aussie-chef-takes-on-the-thais/story-fn30266j-1225901055131)

http://www.bangkokpost.com/media/content/20101015/192535.jpg

Restaurant Celadon, Sukhothai Hotel, 13/3 South Sathon Road, Bangkok:
http://www.sukhothai.com/Dining/Celadon

Open Daily

Lunch: 12.00 - 15.00 hrs
Dinner: 18.30 - 23.00 hrs

Reservation: +66 (0) 2344 8888

Vira Sa-nguanwong, Chef and head of the culinary team for the award winning Celadon Restaurant was born and raised in Thailand. A self-taught chef whose passion for cooking was inspired by his mother, who was a well known cook in their hometown. Chef Vira has been with Celadon since its opening in 1991 and worked on the original concept. He has been responsible for the development of the menus, cooking techniques, presentation concepts and supervising a team of Thai chefs who specialize in a variety of cooking skills.

Both restaurants: MRT Lumphini Station, Exit 2: Sathon Tai (South Sathon) Road

Restaurant Nahm, Halkin Hotel, London: http://www.halkin.como.bz/eat-and-drink/nahm

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2007/02/26/va1237235724060/chef-5400755.jpg

David Thompson, Thai Food, 2002, 688 pages

http://www.australianbeers.com/beers/in ... son/dt.htm (http://www.australianbeers.com/beers/interview/davidthompson/dt.htm)

If you only own one Thai cookbook, make it this one. It's encyclopaedic in its detail - a masterwork. The recipes range from very simple to advanced, so if you're a fan of Thai and have access to the right ingredients you're bound to find dozens of delicious things to cook. Highly recommended.

This book is really advanced. It isn't so much a cookbook as an encyclopedia on cooking. Great if you are an academic cook wanting to make authentic courtly cuisine. Maybe not so good if you are a beginner cook, squeamish about fermented tofu, fish sauce, and squid, or easily overwhelmed, or have a perverse inclination to read a book cover to cover.

I very much liked the author's earlier book on Thai food "Classic Thai Cuisine". "Thai Food" is a much more ambitious work. This is not a book for the unadventurous or the beginner but it's a brilliant source of authentic Thai recipes and contains a great deal of wisdom on what Thai food is supposed to taste like and how to put a Thai meal together. I would strongly recommend it to the serious cook who has visited Thailand and has a pretty fair idea of what s/he is trying to recreate. I think it might be intimidating and less helpful to someone setting out to explore Thai for the first time. "Classic Thai Cuisine" might be a better bet for such a person.

David Thompson, Thai Street Food, 2010, 372 pages

тАЬAn entirely over-the-top, large-format volume on the joys of Thai street food.тАЭ
тАФWall Street Journal Asia, Holiday Gift Guide, 2010

тАЬRest easy knowing that what a Thai vendor produces from a rickety cart on the side of a busy thoroughfare, you should be able to approximate in a modern kitchen.тАЭ
тАФAustin Chronicle, Best of 2010 List

тАЬGet swept away to the busy streets of Thailand with gorgeous location photos and authentic recipes for unique food that is amazingly complex, spicy, and humble.тАЭ
тАФBon Appetit, Our Favorite Cookbooks 2010, December Issue

тАЬA coffee-table-size love letter to the art of Thai food hawkers.тАЭ
тАФPortland Oregonian, Best of 2010, 12/21/10

тАЬThe pictures alone are enough to sell this coffee-table book of Thai street food. Sure, there are recipes tooтАФfor dishes such as grilled pork skewers, steamed fish curry, and pad ThaiтАФbut it would be nerve-racking to take such a gorgeous book into the kitchen and risk oil splatters and fingerprints.тАЭ
тАФThe AtlanticтАЩs Food Channel, Top Food Books of 2010, 12/17/10

тАЬMy other favorite book came out in the U.S. this year. It's David Thompson's Thai Street Food. I talked about it in 2009 because that's when I got the European release. Now America has the book. Yep, it can double as a doorstop, given its weight and size. But I cook from it. Check the Thai chicken biriyani (khao mok gai) recipe for a sampling of what Thompson's book offers.тАЭ
тАФAndrea Nguyen, Viet World Kitchen, 2010 Cookbook Picks, 12/11/10

тАЬThis oversized, gorgeously photographed ode to the street food culture of Thailand has one major drawback. It might awaken hunger that only a plane ticket can cure. . . . His recipes, in painstaking detail with ample discussion of their places in Thai cuisine and culture, provide both simple and dizzyingly complex road maps for the adventurous cook.тАЭ
тАФBuffalo News, 2010 Gift Guide, 12/8/10

тАЬA riotous magnum opus by this devoted Thai food acolyte, in which any single recipe has flavor equal to approximately 20 meals in the British Isles.тАЭ
тАФAOLтАЩs Slashfood, Cookbook Gift Guide, 12/7/10

тАЬHow do you trump a classic book on Thai cuisine? In 2002 Ten Speed Press published Dave Thompson's Thai Food, almost 700 pages of recipes for dishes from relishes to sweets, illustrated with color photos and prefaced by a short history of the culture. The press has just outdone itself with the same author's Thai Street Food: Authentic Recipes, Vibrant Traditions. This time the book is oversize (11 x 13") and generous with photos not only of many dishes, but also of the markets, klongs (canals), and street stands at which an astonishing array of food can be purchased. . . . Thai Street Food is as much a travel book as a cookbook, exemplary in both categories. . . . Because of its size and heavy use of color, Thompson's new volume is a luxury, priced more like an art book than a cookbook; but if you can get our hands on a copy, it's a treasure.тАЭ
тАФThe Huffington Post, 12/6/10

тАЬBigger than a motorbike and just as transporting, ThompsonтАЩs book is a love letter to the street food of Bangkok. Word on the, um, street is that the recipes taste just like the originals.тАЭ
тАФThe New York Times Book Review, Web Extra: 25 More Cookbooks, 12/3/10

тАЬStreet food has entered the culinary consciousness, getting shout-outs from chefs everywhere in the last decade. David Thompson was among the first to champion Thai cuisine, earning him a Michelin star. His latest book is gigantic тАУ youтАЩll need extra-wide counters to actually use it. The large-scale format, however, reflects an incredible array of Thai dishes: satays and sticky rice, yes, but curries, noodles and shrimp cakes, too. Divided into morning, noon and night, recipes and photo essays travel through markets, cooking stalls and BangkokтАЩs historic Chinatown. ThompsonтАЩs knowledge is in-depth, and his sense of awe is contagious. Just prepare to scour specialty stores for ingredients. Gift it with Dwell magazine, to start planning those extra-wide kitchen counters.тАЭ
тАФMontreal Gazette, Favorite Cookbooks of 2010, 12/1/10

тАЬPart coffee-table book, part travelogue, part cookbook, this full-color celebration of Thai culture and cuisine is a feast for the eyes and the stomach. Thompson, who has been traveling to Thailand since the 1980s, breaks the book down into breakfast, lunch and dinner sections (he calls them Morning, Noon and Night); colorful photographs by Earl Carter bring this oversized book to vibrant life.тАЭ
тАФDenver Post, 2010тАЩs Best Cookbooks, 12/1/10

тАЬAn education unto itself.тАЭ
тАФStarChefs.com, Top 10 Cookbooks 2010: Honorable Mention, November 2010

тАЬFeaturing recipes for the sort of adventurous street eats that travel tv is built on, this stunning visual document boasts 185 poster-sized food and market scene photos.тАЭ
тАФTime Out New York, The SeasonтАЩs Best Cookbooks, 11/12/10

тАЬA beautiful, engrossing door-stopper of a book, Thai Street Food is a travelogue, a history lesson, a cookbook and a glimpse of a day in the life of the vibrant street food of Thailand.тАЭ
тАФCookbooker.com, 11/3/10

"A hunger-inspiring tour of the outdoor markets and food stalls of Thailand. The evocative photos and recipes for noodles, curries, satays, salads, roasted meats, and more capture the daily rhythms, bright flavors, and bustling spirit of BangkokтАЩs streets, and will appeal to anyone with a love for Thai cuisine."
тАФFine Cooking, 10/25/10

тАЬDavid ThompsonтАЩs latest is not only a phenomenal primer in authentic Thai cooking, it is a work of art--full of some of the most gorgeous food photographs ever taken. I dearly love this book.тАЭ
тАФJames Oseland, editor in chief of Saveur and author of Cradle of Flavor

тАЬSpend time with David ThompsonтАЩs Thai Street Food as I have. Take in the images and contemplate the tastes. Then immerse yourself by preparing the food. This is a revelatory work.тАЭ
тАФAndrea Nguyen, author of Into the Vietnamese Kitchen

тАЬGenerous photographs full of life raise this appreciative and knowledgeable exploration of classic Thai street foods to a new level. We are transported instantly to BangkokтАЩs street-side restaurants and stalls, where from early morning to late-night, Thai culinary flare is on dazzling display.тАЭ
тАФNaomi Duguid, coauthor of Hot Sour Salty Sweet

тАЬThe food cognoscenti in America have finally begun celebrating our street foods as something more than novelty, but as David Thompson shows us, the culture of cooking, eating, and sharing in public is at the very heart of Thai life. The recipes, cultural scenes, and photographs in this wonderful book feel so alive--rich with the flavor, messiness, and spirit of living.тАЭ
тАФFrancis Lam, food editor, Salon.com

Blogs:

http://thecooksbroth.blogspot.com/
http://thaifooddong.blogspot.com/

Beachlover
March 15th, 2011, 22:03
I've been on the road for a few days, hence the delayed reply...

Surfcrest, you know when you vindictively claimed a bar scammed you and the bar slammed your story with camera footage, which you refused acknowledge? The honourable thing to would be to retract your lie or at least see the footage offered. YouтАЩve done neither.

On this thread youтАЩve been proven a liar. The honourable thing would be to acknowledge it. YouтАЩve failed to do it FOUR times now.

Firstly: Once again for the fifth time, do you accept your statement below (one of many) is a lie proven wrong?

Secondly: Since youтАЩve been shown to justify your arguments with lies and false facts, I also ask if you can substantiate the following statements:

easy for a Thai person to mistake a Filipino for another Thai person don't you think Beachy
walking through Sunee onceтАжyou were here with your mother or your sister right?
your only experience here [in Pattaya] is 2 days during monsoon season back in 2009
without any real [тАЬgay ThailandтАЭ] experience of your own

Thirdly: You have a habit of telling brazen lies, then ignoring and refusing to acknowledge evidence, which proves you wrong. YouтАЩve done it multiple times now. Why should anybody believe any accusation you make?

Fourthly: The only support youтАЩve had so far in this attack is from trolls like Diec, Homintern/Thonglor55, Once In Awhile and Undaunted/Man4allseasons. None are worth acknowledging.

Beachlover, these personal attacks are simply me doubting that you have any real Gay Thailand experiences of your own... I think that you and I both know that without any real experience of your own, your role here amounts to little more than trolling.....
I donтАЩt have to justify my тАЬroleтАЭ here to you. I participate here because it's an interesting and entertaining space. I enjoy organising my thoughts in writing as do others like Dodger and cdnmatt. IтАЩm not out to be popular but in case you missed it, there's plenty whoтАЩve appreciated my contributions and personal experiences in the past:

@beachlover - thank you so much for the useful information. Much appreciated.
Beachlover- Thanks for your input. I have done some of the things you suggest, and will try some of the ones I have not.
thats indeed a nice overview by BL.
beachlover knows what he's talking about.I consider him a contributer... he adds another interesting perspective....since he's young,asian,and has been to many areas of south-east asia.I hope he never leaves... thought someone like BL being young,would simply look down on anyone paying for sex with one much younger,but he has empathy for the older man's plight.Very openminded way to be.A well thought out post.
We love Beachlover..and I use the "We" correctly as I have got worms.
Beachlover in amongst his many posts has much relevant and interesting things to say
Congratulations Beachlover ! This is an excellent trip report about Phnom Penh which is very informative and well structured ! Moreover, it is easily understandable -> even for a swiss guy and the pictures are fantastic.
Love the detailed report!
Awsome information. Thanks.
Thanks for this great post Beach Lover. It's very helpful for me since I am thinking about a trip to PP.
Very impressive and thorough report. Thanks
Interesting post OP so well done.
Thank you for a very interesting read. I think you raised some very good points on this very thought provoking topic.
Surfcrest, itтАЩs not worth continuing this thread further. I believe you hold Pattaya dear to your heart, took great offense when I pointed out some of its negative aspects and decided to attack me vindictively as you did to that bar owner.

Your attacks are unjustified and baseless. Statements you use to justify them have been proven to be factually false and the rest are entirely unsubstantiated.

You've repeatedly proven youтАЩre an extremely dishonest individual with little morale sense. You're a liar who canтАЩt be trusted to tell the truth, accept the truth when it goes against you or admit when youтАЩre factually proven wrong. That's all that needs to be said.

Last thing I"ll add is you've made some pretty brazenly false accusations about other member/s in your PMs to me, all with absolute conviction despite having no evidence or even signs of proof whatsoever. If anyone wants to see the four unbelievably long ranting bitchy PMs surfcrest has sent me, shoot me a PM (I don't have an issue forwarding on PMs sent by arseholes). They have to be seen to be believed...

Surfcrest
March 15th, 2011, 23:53

For the same reason I'm answering you now BradтАжтАж..because you asked. You need to also take into consideration that PlanetTraveler posted this on Feb 24 in respect to a quick visit he was planning for the next week, Feb 27 to March 5th presumably. Beachlover and I didnтАЩt resume our dreary debate (as you call it) until March 6th. And as dreary as it is, Brad the Impala is hereтАж.and combat is here..тАж.reading alongтАж.how dreary life must beтАж..huh?

Good point Brad, one would think that in this age of technology a stuck gramophone needle was a thing of the past, but in this case it certainly is not.

Just in case you havenтАЩt had your fill combat, hereтАЩs a greatest hits package I put together for you of Beachlover hiding from the question of whether he has had any real experiences in ThailandтАж.or is he just a troll question.

тАжstill havenтАЩt acknowledged where your statements have been proven to be liesтАж.You have a habit of doing thisтАж.your dishonest storyтАж.your own behaviour actually supports my opinion of PattayaтАжтАж.dishonest and fraudulent you areтАж..unjustified personal attacks on this boardтАжyour own behaviour actually supports my opinion of PattayaтАж..Failing to do this means you're lying yet againтАж.personal attacks against a bar ownerтАж.propensity to lie?.... clearly a liarтАж.lie your way through unjustified personal attacks on this boardтАжyour own behaviour actually supports my opinion of PattayaтАжYou have a habit of making false accusations, then ignoring evidence, which disproves your accusations when tabledтАжYouтАЩre a brazenly dishonest and habitual liarтАж..Surfcrest, your own actions prove youтАЩre an extremely dishonest and unethical individualтАжyour own behaviour actually supports my opinion of PattayaтАж..started making personal attacks on meтАж.You made accusations, and then ignored facts proving your accusations WRONGтАж.YouтАЩre a brazenly dishonest liar who continues to make personal attacks with unsubstantiated and factually false statementsтАж..you making тАЬover the topтАЭ personal attacks at meтАжacknowledge you are wrong. If you canтАЩt do this, then youтАЩre a dishonest individualтАж. your own behaviour actually supports my opinion of PattayaтАж You canтАЩt be trusted to tell the truth. Simple as thatтАж.. you still havenтАЩt acknowledged where your statements are proven to be liesтАж the honourable thing would be to admit youтАЩre a liar who was factually wrong on a number of occasionsтАж your own behaviour actually supports my opinion of PattayaтАж your own behaviour actually supports my opinion of PattayaтАж. base them on the factually incorrect liesтАж your own behaviour actually supports my opinion of PattayaтАж. I believe you lied, got caught out and canтАЩt face up to it. Simple as thatтАж. YouтАЩve proven youтАЩre a liar who canтАЩt be trusted to tell the truthтАж your own behaviour actually supports my opinion of PattayaтАж you vindictively claimed a bar scammed youтАж The honourable thing to would be to retract your lieтАж.. youтАЩve been proven a liarтАж The honourable thing would be to acknowledge itтАж YouтАЩve failed to do it FOUR times nowтАж.. is a lie proven wrong?.... habit of telling brazen liesтАж. your own behaviour actually supports my opinion of PattayaтАж. Your attacks are unjustified and baselessтАж youтАЩre an extremely dishonest individual with little morale senseтАж.. youтАЩre an extremely dishonest individual with little morale senseтАж. factually proven wrongтАж.тАж. pretty brazenly false accusationsтАж.. your own behaviour actually supports my opinion of PattayaтАж

easy for a Thai person to mistake a Filipino for another Thai person don't you think Beachy
walking through Sunee onceтАжyou were here with your mother or your sister right?
your only experience here [in Pattaya] is 2 days during monsoon season back in 2009
without any real [тАЬgay ThailandтАЭ] experience of your own

Thirdly: You have a habit of telling brazen lies, then ignoring and refusing to acknowledge evidence, which proves you wrong. YouтАЩve done it multiple times now. Why should anybody believe any accusation you make?

WhereтАЩs the brazen lie Beachlover? You came to Phuket on a package holiday from Australia 4 year plus agoтАжfell in love with a prostituteтАжcame back to Phuket to re-kindle the love with that same prostitute againтАжbecame obsessed with ThailandтАжjoined this and other message boardsтАжmaybe has come through Thailand again, in very low season for very short visitsтАж.but, overall very limited experience in Thailand despite 3 years and well over 4000 posts to the contrary.

I donтАЩt have to justify my тАЬroleтАЭ here to you. I participate here because it's an interesting and entertaining space. I enjoy organising my thoughts in writing as do others like Dodger and cdnmatt. IтАЩm not out to be popular but in case you missed it, there are plenty whoтАЩve appreciated my contributions and personal experiences

You, so admit you are only a troll here Beachlover?

Surfcrest, itтАЩs not worth continuing this thread further. I believe you hold Pattaya dear to your heart, took great offense when I pointed out some of its negative aspects and decided to attack me vindictively as you did to that bar owner.

Oh BeachloverтАжтАжfamous last words, yet again.

Last thing I"ll add is you've made some pretty brazenly false accusations about other member/s in your PMs to me, all with absolute conviction despite having no evidence or even signs of proof whatsoever.

If anyone wants to see the four unbelievably long ranting PMs surfcrest has sent me, shoot me a PM.
Now why would you use member/s when you and I both know we are talking about my favourite ESL teacher Sanook. IтАЩm sure you have shared that with him already. We can just save the time of you sharing my PMтАЩs Beachlover to say that I think you are more likely a Filipino service worker, who has no real business experience of your own (although you do have some incredible ideas as to how you think the business world works) and that you have no real experience in Thailand of your ownтАж.and your history of posts supports thatтАж.and you are a great name caller, whoтАЩs the first to whine about personal attacks.

YouтАЩre a joke Beachlover. You make this board into a joke.

thonglor55
March 16th, 2011, 03:19
... there's plenty whoтАЩve appreciated my contributions and personal experiences in the pastWhat a narcissist! And how insecure do you have to be when some anonymous poster attacks you to then trawl through the entire Forum finding examples when people have welcomed a contribution. Grown ups don't behave in this way. But I guess Selflover hasn't got over that ONS with homintern and his emotional development's been arrested.

bao-bao
March 16th, 2011, 03:39
Ahhh... they're back at it!.... :boxing:

I can't decide which is more entertaining: Surfcrest's ongoing ability to stir Beachlover into taking the bait again, or the way they both seem to keep building on those quote-a-thons they paste into their posts. I think Beachlover probably wins out with his list of saved compliments about himself.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z56/khunbaobao/popcorn-eating-emoticon.gif

Wasn't this about a quick trip to Bangkok? Spirited, indeed!

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z56/khunbaobao/W-CrocodileWelcome.jpg

March 16th, 2011, 06:32
IтАЩm not out to be popular but in case you missed it, there are plenty whoтАЩve appreciated my contributions and personal experiences

:sign5: Our Lady of Perpetual Humility strikes again. You couldn't make shit up like this if you tried.

All bow down before Surfcrest - the undisputed Puppet Master.

March 16th, 2011, 08:16
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3299/4574994086_bfc5dbd023.jpg
4080 posts : 13 friends listed = 313 11/13 posts per friend!

You came to Phuket on a package holiday from Australia 4 year plus agoтАжfell in love with a prostituteтАжcame back to Phuket to re-kindle the love with that same prostitute againтАжbecame obsessed with ThailandтАжjoined this and other message boardsтАжmaybe has come through Thailand again, in very low season for very short visitsтАж.
but, overall very limited experience in Thailand despite 3 years and well over 4000 posts to the contrary.
4080 posts : 56 days in Thailand = 72 6/7 posts per day
4080 posts : 49 days in Thailand = 83 13/49 posts per day

4080 posts : 42 days in Thailand = 97 1/7 posts per day
4080 posts : 35 days in Thailand = 116 4/7 posts per day

4080 posts : 28 days in Thailand = 145 5/7 posts per day
4080 posts : 21 days in Thailand = 194 2/7 posts per day

4080 posts : 14 days in Thailand = 291 3/7 posts per day
4080 posts : 7 days in Thailand = 582 6/7 posts per day

March 16th, 2011, 10:50
Hi,

Where's the guy in the uniform from,Vietnam? :dontknow:

Stunning photo.

March 17th, 2011, 22:49
Yes, a Vietnamese (like Beachlover?), not a Filipino.

Who hates to admit that he has spent more time online in this forum than in Thailand.

Now that we've established you're a real TROLL Beachlover and practically by your own admission,
If you find Surfcrest's sentence difficult to decipher please feel free to ask one of your twelve friends for help.

March 19th, 2011, 01:06
Ummm... I hate that a simple request for local recommendations brought up such negativity, but I do appreciate all the input. I had a GREAT time in Bangkok and I just wish I had more leisure time to explore it.

Quick rundown:

I ended up at Urbanmale for a massage. I wish I had shamelessmack's rating and coding systems down, but it was an enjoyable 90 minutes for a very reasonable US$70 (including tip). I still laugh about Thai Dyed's reply to meeja on that topic.

Chang Palace was better than Salathip -- both at Shangrila Hotel. That's not to say Salathip wasn't good... just that Chang Palace was that much better. Also enjoyed the street food a couple of days and made a return trip to Bed, which was awesome.

The drinks at the sky bar at Lebua State Tower were worth the price. It was a lovely evening and although the glass surrounds needed cleaning, the place offers a dramatic view of the city.

I didn't bother with the tailor, but I did find Super Sports and Active Nation. I guess I was a little surprised at the prices -- but it's been several years since my last visit. I was able to find what I was looking for and can now hit the Emirates beaches.

Didn't make it down to the Boi Soi and didn't hit any clubs (other than Bed), but had a great time. Looking forward to a return trip so I can see what all the fuss is about Babylon.

Again, thanks for all the posts, the advice, and the ideas.

thonglor55
March 19th, 2011, 06:25
please feel free to ask one of your twelve friends for help."friends" also known as "apostles".

Beachlover
March 19th, 2011, 10:24
The drinks at the sky bar at Lebua State Tower were worth the price. It was a lovely evening and although the glass surrounds needed cleaning, the place offers a dramatic view of the city.
Thanks for letting us know how you went, PlanetTraveler... Great to hear you had a good time.

I think the Lebua State Tower Sky Bar is great place to bring a date for a drink at sunset (not so much to meet anyone there).

March 20th, 2011, 15:40
I just read this thread.
The facts contained here are wrong and the parties know what happened. Let it die a peacful death, eh?
:love4:

bao-bao
March 20th, 2011, 21:51
I just read this thread. The facts contained here are wrong and the parties know what happened. Let it die a peacful death, eh? :love4:
That's never going to happen if the alleged parties allegedly involved keep reviving the thread every five days or so, justme. :rolling:

I certainly agree that the ONLY people who know what happened (IF the event happened at all) would be the people who were actually there, and it's silly when people get all up in arms and continue to cite "facts" taken from board posts from online cyber-persona and put them forth as truths.

"I wasn't there, but I read something on SGT where some anonymous poster said something, so I'm sticking to it, and if you can't prove it otherwise I'm going to repeatedly attack you because you called me a naughty name FIRST!" Mom! He's picking on me and I didn't do anything!" ... Jesus wept!

People who take sides in cases such as this Check Bin debacle make as much sense as those who would argue the veracity of what happens in a newspaper comic strip.