PDA

View Full Version : Moustache Bar

February 22nd, 2011, 04:13
A few years ago I went to a wacky bar on a side street off Sukumvit.....My current rental I am sure is in the same area, does anyone know if it is still open.......if memory serves me it was somewhere between Asoke and Nana.

lonelywombat
February 22nd, 2011, 04:57
A few years ago I went to a wacky bar on a side street off Sukumvit.....My current rental I am sure is in the same area, does anyone know if it is still open.......if memory serves me it was somewhere between Asoke and Nana.

You are probably referring to Inter Moustache It is many years since I went there . I felt it was not welcoming farang and was for thai only. It was in the Spartucus listings from at least early 90's, so has been around a long time.

Here is the address

http://www.gaygetter.com/g4/venues/intermustaches

Interested to know how you find it.

Jason1988
February 22nd, 2011, 06:57
I remember that bar. It was about 1-2 years ago I went there. If memory serves me right it was aThai style bar and you removed your shoes before going in. Upstairs there were some model types that would pop in and command a higher fee. It seemed to be busy but with not too many farang. But I'll add that they were always welcoming to westerners and the boys they employed were very sweet.
:love4:

Sen Yai
February 22nd, 2011, 12:07
I think this bar closed a year or two ago, but I haven't been out there recently either.

If thonglor55 was really a genyus, he'd be able to tell us.

There's a detailed write-up on the bar on shamelessmack (http://shamelessmack.wordpress.com/2009/07/18/dog-alley/)

Marsilius
February 22nd, 2011, 12:43
I went there a few times in the early 1990s. As a newbie to Thailand then, I found it (a) tricky to locate, (b) quite awkward for farang in that few employees seemed to speak English (confirming the impression elsewhere that it largely catered to Thais). I soon, therefore, moved on to other establishments.

Nonetheless, I agree that Inter Moustache had some very handsome (generally quite masculine) boys, many of them local university students, on the premises!

February 22nd, 2011, 12:53
Thanks for the info...I will have a go at finding it this evening.

Sen Yai
February 25th, 2011, 02:47
Thanks for the info...I will have a go at finding it this evening.

...and did you?

February 26th, 2011, 00:50
Not yet I've been a naughty boy! :crybaby:

pong
February 28th, 2011, 09:14
yes this place is still open and running-about the only ''gogo''bar left along Sukhumvit. Most others have closed or turned into massageshops. yes-the thai often have a craving for what they see as models/stars (it does not take much to become one-just once on the Tv or in a mag pictured) and they then expect much higher renumerations. OFF-prices for them may also be much higher. The funny thing is that the average farang probably completely misses the reason behind it.
There is-to counterdict the favorable reviews-a rather sad and money-extracting farang treatment reported (also quite recently) on another often rather honest and down-to-earth, bb on Thailand in the cr.f.s. forum. i don not think mr. mack covers these type of bars-except in just the mentioning.