PDA

View Full Version : ratio of comments to viewers

witchhunt
February 19th, 2011, 09:16
I just read a comment about gaybutton board that his viewers to comments is one comment [reply] averages only
10/15 viewers[readers]. On top of that only about 10 to 15 posters make all the posts.

Whilst sipping my morning coffee, I thought Id quickly check out Sawatdee's figures. 25 is the lowest viewers to comments at a quick glance.There are many that are read with few or no comment added, including 6 by Cedric.There seems to be 30 posters here on a regular basis. On a rule of thumb I would suggest each thread here is read by an average of 3 times that as on GB.

On the front page of GB forum there are 2 threads started in sept and 3 in october.GB has stated he has no intention of closing any of these monster threads. I wonder if the only person being fooled by the high numbers of views is GB himself.

February 20th, 2011, 00:17
Cedric was booted, so dont count him but has returned as Roger. So far he has behaved himself. :hello1:

Thor69
February 20th, 2011, 00:44
GB's board has some long running older threads. If you check them out the threads have gone off the topic as what the OP commented on or requested feedback about. There are just a few posters carrying the thread and keeping it alive.

There are different opinions of how to run a board. Personally, I think this one is doing a better job.

GT is falling by the wayside. The board is being carried by the moderators, GT himself and just a couple of posters.
Too bad as at one time I thought the board was going in the right direction. Now it looks as if it is dying a slow
death.

:nud:

February 20th, 2011, 02:13
If you check them out the threads have gone off the topic as what the OP commented on or requested feedback about.

Beachlover
February 20th, 2011, 08:47
Whilst sipping my morning coffee, I thought Id quickly check out Sawatdee's figures. 25 is the lowest viewers to comments at a quick glance.There are many that are read with few or no comment added, including 6 by Cedric.There seems to be 30 posters here on a regular basis. On a rule of thumb I would suggest each thread here is read by an average of 3 times that as on GB.
It's natural for SGT to have a much higher viewer/comment ratio for a combination of reasons...

SGT would get a LOT of random people finding it through searches on Gay Thailand related topics because it's highly ranked and heavily indexed by Google. SGT has been around a lot longer and ElephantSpike was savvy enough to implement good search engine optimisation to ensure high search rankings.

Random people who casually browse onto SGT for the first time are more likely to have a read of what they find and then leave without posting... rather than people who know the site and come here on a regular basis.

I also suspect there are lots of people who read SGT on a regular basis but don't post for fear of being attacked or ridiculed, which is fair enough. You need thick skin to post here regularly and ignore the arseholes.

GBT is new and not very well indexed by Google so most visitors are likely to be registered members and/or people who know the site.

I agree SGT is a great forum and probably the most balanced and interesting and entertaining of all... at least, for the time being.

Smiles
February 20th, 2011, 09:02
" ... Cedric was booted ... "
I doubt that ... more likely he quit the Board and asked the Admin to delete his handle.
Members on Sawatdee are only very rarely banned ~ I can hardly recall the last one who was ~ and they would have to be behave way more dramatically than Cedric ever has ... now or throughout his posting history on Sawatdee (and it is very long history).
For what reason he'd do it, I have no idea.

February 20th, 2011, 10:07
" ... Cedric was booted ... "
I doubt that ... more likely he quit the Board and asked the Admin to delete his handle.
Members on Sawatdee are only very rarely banned ~ I can hardly recall the last one who was ~ and they would have to be behave way more dramatically than Cedric ever has ... now or throughout his posting history on Sawatdee (and it is very long history).
For what reason he'd do it, I have no idea.

He was banned right after he made a horrible vulgar post. He then came back the very next day as Roger.
Sure, I have no proof but then again you dont either. I can only tell you that he made the post and that the mod recvd several complaints on him within a few hours and then he was GONE. I really think that means he was booted. And you are wrong, several people have gotten booted in the last few years.

Beachlover
February 20th, 2011, 20:31
Members on Sawatdee are only very rarely banned ~ I can hardly recall the last one who was...
In the last 2 weeks alone, Happyboy, Cedric and BEASTMASTER were booted with good reason. Cedric was booted after a string of ridiculous posts and multiple complaints but has returned with the handle, "Roger".

Smiles
February 23rd, 2011, 09:31
" ... He was banned right after he made a horrible vulgar post. He then came back the very next day as Roger.
Sure, I have no proof but then again you dont either ... "I have proof the Admin (Elephanspike) didn't ban Cedric ... because he told me so by PM (I asked). The only other person who can ban anyone is Jinks, the moderator. But the Admin knows nothing of why.