PDA

View Full Version : Police checks in Jomtien Complex

Patexpat
February 17th, 2011, 21:01
I understand that the police are currently (Thursday evening) carrying out checks including urine tests on staff of establishments in the Jomtien complex.

February 17th, 2011, 21:07
Given the desolate state of Jomtien Complex these days, it should take all of 30 minutes to process every living soul.

I took some friends there one early afternoon - all that was missing was tumbleweed blowing down the streets.

:occasion9:

February 17th, 2011, 21:19
Given the desolate state of Jomtien Complex these days, it should take all of 30 minutes to process every living soul.

I took some friends there one early afternoon - all that was missing was tumbleweed blowing down the streets.

Why anyone would go there in the afternoon eludes me! There isn't even a place for proper tea.

frequentflier
February 17th, 2011, 21:46
I have often walked around S.Plaza in the afternoon and not seen anybody.Why should J.Complex be any different.?

February 17th, 2011, 22:04
I have often walked around S.Plaza in the afternoon and not seen anybody.Why should J.Complex be any different.?

Hi,

I know both areas well, or did, Jomtien Complex,although not booming in the afternoons by any means, certainly had a fair bit more going on than Sunnee. I am constantly amazed by posters saying how desolate it is, is this true or exaggerated???

I have also looked at one or two places that have their staff posted up on their websites,and without being cruel,let's face it this is the 'sex for sale' business, I think the lads on the websites three years ago,blow these lot on now, away into oblivion. I will not mention any establishments by name,as it is not fair,but it applies to both Bangkok and Pattaya.

I can't accept that they are all now on GayRomeo,maybe some,but not the majority, and although Thailand is on the up wealthwise,this has hardly reflected down to the guys in that 'line of business' they haven't all of a sudden got high powered jobs and decided to quit the sex scene. So where have gone??

They also say the market is changing and the old wealthy sugar daddy's are not being replaced by younger versions as they die off. Does that have a bearing? :idea: :idea:

February 17th, 2011, 22:09

Can't agree - SP almost always has people around - not necessarily in the bars in the afternoon as many are closed, but there are lots of people going about their business and there is always life in the streets.

JC in the afternooon resembles the opening scene from The Omega Man - and I am talking about 3 weeks ago.

February 17th, 2011, 22:22
With all the road construction on the street out front for such a long distance, and the two front buildings torn apart and under what appears to be stalled renovation and they are for sale or rent, it is no wonder the JP Complex is so deserted. Also throw in no a/c in most of the venues and the heat and humidity there and in the area.

Bangkok Police as you may know, have been conducting urine tests and ID checks for the last few weeks on all people who work on Soi 1 and 2. Maybe they did Jomtien Complex because all eyes were on Soi 3 to be next. They may have figured that this would not be expected until after Soi 3. Just a thought.
Still nothing for tourists to be concerned about as they are looking to insure that the workers are legitamaely here and not on drugs. the raids or checks are very swift and professional and they dont bother the tourists at all.
:happy7:

February 17th, 2011, 22:31
Still nothing for tourists to be concerned about as they are looking to insure that the workers are legitamaely here and not on drugs. the raids or checks are very swift and professional and they dont bother the tourists at all.
:happy7:

You are right there Unkie, these random checks have been going on for years and years in both Bangkok and Pattaya and it's never frightened tourists away in droves as some keep predicting.

Patexpat
February 17th, 2011, 22:32

Can't agree - SP almost always has people around - not necessarily in the bars in the afternoon as many are closed, but there are lots of people going about their business and there is always life in the streets.

JC in the afternooon resembles the opening scene from The Omega Man - and I am talking about 3 weeks ago.

but what is your point? If JC was deserted in an evening then there is some cause for concern re: your observation. In reality it's no more deserted at 2pm than Boystown. Can't comment on Sunee plaza as I never have cause to venture there.

February 18th, 2011, 01:06
Jesus Christ - all 'm saying is that JC is deserted in the afternoon - why is that statement cause for an argument?

Some people in here need to have their knickers untwisted.

Thor69
February 21st, 2011, 01:00

I thought about staying in that area and I'm glad I changed my mind. Folks told me how good the Poseidon was and I visited for breakfast. The buffet looked as if scavengers had descended on it and there was very little left. I asked the server if they were going to replace anything and she shrugged her shoulders and walked away. I finished my coffee and went over to Ocean Cafe. At least at Ocean Cafe they understand that you're a customer and bend over backwards to serve you. The food is good there by the way.

gerefan2
February 23rd, 2011, 14:07

I was fortunate to be there for the huge raid in Sunnee a few weeks ago ....best entertainment in Pattaya by far! Wouldnt have missed it for the world...

February 24th, 2011, 18:19
I was fortunate to be there for the huge raid in Sunnee a few weeks ago ....best entertainment in Pattaya by far! Wouldnt have missed it for the world...

How did it compare to viewing some dead car-crash victims by the side of the road?

arsenal
February 24th, 2011, 18:51
I've got to agree. The police raids I have witnessed have always entertained me as have the various police blocks I have ridden through over the years. Nothing to hide....enjoy the ride.

February 25th, 2011, 06:07
... Nothing to hide....enjoy the ride.

Hope you don't get arrested with your prostitute then.

People in glass houses etc.

:occasion9: :occasion9:

arsenal
February 25th, 2011, 08:50
Thank-you Scotchman. I always make them take off the tee shirt that has I AM A PROSTITUTE emblazened on the front.

RichLB
February 25th, 2011, 09:16
What's the deal with misrepresenting Jomtien Complex? The area is a mix of good restaurants, gay hotels, a couple show bars, host bars and with the new venues at Ganymead also a Karaoke and Sauna.

The earlier comment about Poseidon's breakfast buffet makes me shake my head - the poster must have arrived after the buffet was closed. Where else can you get such an array of offerings (eggs made to order, waffles, about 8 hot food items, antipasto selections, croissants, deserts, salads, unlimited coffee, etc.) for 165 baht? I think it's the best breakfast deal in town. If that price is too steep for you, try Two Guys or Antz or any of the other restaurants.

It's true, the streets are not party central during the day, but they are hardly deserted. In the evening, the host bars are hopping and if you plan on dining in the area, you'd be wise to get reservations first. However, for some odd reason there are no gogo bars in the Complex so if your interests are limited to those, then Sunee and Pattayaland is most probably a more wise choice.

Smiles
February 25th, 2011, 09:38
" ... It's true, the streets are not party central during the day, but they are hardly deserted. In the evening, the host bars are hopping and if you plan on dining in the area, you'd be wise to get reservations first ... "
Agree. That Jomtien doesn't have GoGo Bars is no reason to avoid it. It can be a lot of fun during the evening (we always stay in Jomtien vicinity and been there many more times than bothering with Pattaya) and the host bars are often packed after 10PM.
Had breakfast buffet at Poseidon a couple of times, and it's a very tasty and varied affair.

The only place I don't care for in Jomtien is the industrialized black and stainless steel atmosphere of The Venue: dated, old fashioned shows (to fall asleep over) and an ambience as inviting as an ice hotel room at the Arctic Circle in Norway.

February 25th, 2011, 14:08
Thank-you Scotchman. I always make them take off the tee shirt that has I AM A PROSTITUTE emblazened on the front.

I tried that one - but when anybody saw them with ME they seemed to make that assumption anyway for some strange reason.

:rolling: :rolling: