PDA

View Full Version : Happy Valentine's Day to you all

February 14th, 2011, 17:43
Have a wonderful Happy Valentines from whitedesire here, enjoy yourselves tonight, buy a bottle of champagne that "justme" is offering. Don't go to Malaysia though and celebrate the occasion, and stay away from their hotels.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12443104

February 14th, 2011, 17:59
Thanks and too you all also! :love4:

Beachlover
February 14th, 2011, 18:31
You too!... My valentine's working tonight :crybaby: so we're celebrating tomorrow night instead. :happy7:

Don't go to Malaysia though and celebrate the occasion, and stay away from their hotels.

Malaysia warns Muslims of Valentine's Day 'trap'

Malaysia has stepped up a campaign to stop Muslims celebrating Valentine's Day - labelling it a "trap" that could encourage immoral behaviour.

Deputy Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin said Monday's celebration of romantic love was "not suitable" for Muslims.

Several Malaysian states are planning to carry out checks on hotels to stop young couples having premarital sex.

The anti-Valentine's Day campaign by the country's Islamic authorities goes back to a fatwa issued in 2005.

The government-run Department of Islamic Development, which handles religious policies, has launched a publicity campaign called "Mind the Valentine's Day Trap".

Wan Mohamad Sheikh Abdul Aziz, the department's chief, told state media: "In reality, as well as historically, the celebration of Valentine's Day is synonymous with vice activities.

"Islam would reject anything, even from the Eastern culture, if it contravenes the Islamic teachings."

He said Islam had never rejected positive things from the West, noting that it had embraced Mother's and Father's Day.

But not all Malaysian Muslims agree with the campaign, with some saying Valentine's Day is harmless.

Other faiths are not affected by the boycott in a country where Muslims make up nearly two-thirds of the 28 million population.

Wow, does that suck.

Rest assured though, the thing about Malaysia is you only have to abide by their Islamic shite if you're an ethnic-Malay Muslim (Muslim by birth, not optional). All these rules they have enforced by the religious police are ONLY enforced on the ethnic-Malays. None of it applies to foreigners or to the Chinese-Malays (who make up a large part of the population) and other ethnic groups there...

... So you shouldn't let stuff like this put you off visiting Malaysia at all. I got drunk at an impromtu beach party, swam naked in the sea (everyone was doing it) and had "pre-marital sex" with a girl when I was there and there is heaps of gay nightlife in Kuala Lumpur so Malaysia's still a great destination, I think.

1PR4BKK
February 14th, 2011, 18:49
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to all my SGT peeps.

I have been to Malaysia on many occasions and have never been disappointed. I am sure that people who want to celebrate the holiday will do so. They also frown upon homosexuality there yet people are still engaging in same sex activities and meeting people online and in public...especially at the airport :-)

I look forward to going back there again later this year.

February 14th, 2011, 20:42
Yes, I've been going to Malaysia for many years also, lots of fun to be had, as is Singapore. Although I don't troll around airports - there are lots of opportunities to be had besides wondering round with baggage and feeling tired, been there, where the T-shirt.

Beachlover
February 14th, 2011, 20:49
especially at the airport :-)
The airport in KL? You've got me curious...

1PR4BKK
February 14th, 2011, 21:00
especially at the airport :-)
The airport in KL? You've got me curious...

I mentioned the airport because of my first trip there. Prior to my trip I had been told that homosexuality was taboo in Malaysia and that everyone was homophobic. To my surprise, upon my arrival at KL I was approached by several hot guys at different times while waiting for my colleague to pick me up to transport me to my accommodations (thank God she was late). I ended up getting phone numbers from most of the guys and hooking up with a few of them during my stay in KL.

Fortunately, I do not have to troll around airports for dates. However, I often smile upon each return to KL when I think about my first airport encounter.

cdnmatt
February 14th, 2011, 21:22
Malaysia is a sespool of shit. As for the gay thing, it's a funny country. Being gay is strictly forbidden, yet there's loads of raving homosexuals all over the place. I remember going downtown by myself, and would have total strangers come up to me, who were obviously gay, and ask, "Hi! I would like to be friends with you.". For such a anti-gay country, they sure don't have a problem churning out the gays.

Beachlover
February 15th, 2011, 07:38
I mentioned the airport because of my first trip there. Prior to my trip I had been told that homosexuality was taboo in Malaysia and that everyone was homophobic. To my surprise, upon my arrival at KL I was approached by several hot guys at different times while waiting for my colleague to pick me up to transport me to my accommodations (thank God she was late). I ended up getting phone numbers from most of the guys and hooking up with a few of them during my stay in KL.
Nice! You must look gay or something LOL.

Sounds like Matt had a similar experience above too. I think there's a special status attached to being a foreigner in Malaysia. Unfortunately, I just look like one of the locals unless I open my mouth and most people tend to think I'm straight so I don't get random approaches unless I'm in a gay club or sauna or something... bummer.

Malaysia is a sespool of shit.
Come on... that's not very fair. How is Malaysia a cesspool of shit? Sure there are plenty of things wrong with the country but it has upsides just like any other country. Being gay is not strictly forbidden (but if you piss the wrong people off they can use it to their advantage). KL is full of gay-oriented businesses and despite a few significant set backs, the society will eventually come out...