PDA

View Full Version : lтАЩexception culturelle

February 10th, 2011, 18:44
We tend to have a human instinct that 'deep inside' all people are the same - but they are not. Therefore, if we go into another country and make decisions based on how we in our own home country think - the chances are we'll make some very bad decisions Prof. Geert Hofstede, Emeritus Professor, Maastricht University.

Ok I find this startling, as I always nurtured this idea that deep down inside we are all humans with the same base needs and as such share a base understanding of each other.

Taking what Geert thinks from his studies as true, how different then are Thais deep down inside to us? Particularly for Westerners who have lived there awhile. Im not talking superstitions like religion for example or dont climb through the window backwards on a Wednesday, but deep down inside.

Are we? :crybaby:

Or is Geert Emeraatus a fuck wit?

February 10th, 2011, 19:27
We tend to have a human instinct that 'deep inside' all people are the same - but they are not. Therefore, if we go into another country and make decisions based on how we in our own home country think - the chances are we'll make some very bad decisions Prof. Geert Hofstede, Emeritus Professor, Maastricht University.

Ok I find this startling, as I always nurtured this idea that deep down inside we are all humans with the same base needs and as such share a base understanding of each other.

Taking what Geert thinks from his studies as true, how different then are Thais deep down inside to us? Particularly for Westerners who have lived there awhile. Im not talking superstitions like religion for example or dont climb through the window backwards on a Wednesday, but deep down inside.

Are we? :crybaby:

Or is Geert Emeraatus a fuck wit?

Cedric you certainly know the difference between posting and flooding, a breath oh fresh air!

February 10th, 2011, 20:08
Ok Happyboy I must apologise to all for flooding the forum.

Due to horrible terrifying circumstances well out of my control (all better now) I hadn't visited Thailand for two years until the last few days. So Im overwhelmed once again by it all. Like a virgin all over again. An what a wonderful feeling it all is. Cant tell you how wonderful. :bis:

February 10th, 2011, 23:52
Ok Happyboy I must apologise to all for flooding the forum.

Due to horrible terrifying circumstances well out of my control (all better now) I hadn't visited Thailand for two years until the last few days. So Im overwhelmed once again by it all. Like a virgin all over again. An what a wonderful feeling it all is. Cant tell you how wonderful. :bis:

Cedric you misunderstood me you are by no means a flooder your posts are fun and intelligent! We already have an in house flooder and it certainly is not you!

February 11th, 2011, 19:24
Miss Cedric, Why you bother posting this drivel I can only suppose is due to the fact that you must be locked in wheelchair which in turn is chained to your computer, and your brain is turned off. Get a life.

February 11th, 2011, 20:30
Cedric you misunderstood me you are by no means a flooder your posts are fun and intelligent! We already have an in house flooder and it certainly is not you!

Amazing how timely this is!

February 12th, 2011, 13:23
Miss Cedric, Why you bother posting

Good question. It seems this forum has dumbed down horribly since I was last here. What happened??? All dead? Surely not? Moved onto Cambodia? Maybe. :dontknow:

February 12th, 2011, 17:55
Miss Cedric, Why you bother posting this drivel I can only suppose is due to the fact that you must be locked in wheelchair which in turn is chained to your computer, and your brain is turned off. Get a life.

With respect to Jinks (present or not) and everyone I think this post should be removed at once. I would block the IP address of this arsehole forever too.

Beachlover
February 12th, 2011, 19:27
Miss Cedric, Why you bother posting this drivel...
Totally agree!

February 13th, 2011, 13:37
Totally agree!

Oh do you now, is this yet more anal secretion dribbling from your ruptured encrusted anal warts in lieu of intelligence. Why dont you plug it with a bread knife.

Given that the mod is a paraplegic I find it an extremely insulting and discriminatory post.

thonglor55
February 13th, 2011, 13:49
You are forgetting the wisdom of Our Lord, Cedric, as set out in the Gospels:
Do not throw pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.