PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Thespians!

American Teacher-old
April 29th, 2006, 19:22
Hello all! One thing you may not know about me is that I have been involved in drama productions my whole life. I have an extensive history of acting, producing and directing plays. Since I moved to Thailand, this has been a part of my life that I have sorely missed. Therefore, I am throwing out this post to see if there are any other thespians living here in Pattaya. I'd like to form a discussion group -- and if enough interest was generated perhaps form our own performing community troupe. I have many ideas -- but presently little time, so this is really just in the baby stages of an idea.

Any thoughts?

Fondly,
Chris

www.niddysnook.com
**Send money transfers to Pattaya cheaper than Western Union!**

April 29th, 2006, 20:48
Judging by some posts, I'd have thought this Forum is full of drama queens

Doug
April 29th, 2006, 22:09
Chris,

I think this is a good initiative. When I move to Pattaya soon, I would be interested to participate.

One goal may be to provide ideas for better bar shows. The tranny lip-syncing(sp.) is lost on me. I have developed some ideas that I would like to offer when I get there.

April 30th, 2006, 00:04
Great idea and good luck.

April 30th, 2006, 03:44
Hi, Chris:

There are many talented expats in Pattaya whose performing arts interests, and needless to say their capacities, extend far beyond white panty posing, and deadpan shows with trannies, unconvincing drag queens, and boys in strange costumes bereft of dance talent.

Your idea if developed into a plan and implemented could greatly enhance the options currently available in Pattaya and offer participation for expats rather than only viewing.
Also, the kind of performing art you are considering doesn't require that one be inebriated in order to appreciate it.

I hope the community will respond affirmatively and get a discussion group going.

April 30th, 2006, 03:45
Hi, Chris:

There are many talented expats in Pattaya whose performing arts interests, and needless to say their capacities, extend far beyond white panty posing, and deadpan shows with trannies, unconvincing drag queens, and boys in strange costumes bereft of dance talent.

Your idea if developed into a plan and implemented could greatly enhance the options currently available in Pattaya and offer participation for expats rather than only viewing.
Also, the kind of performing art you are considering doesn't require that one be inebriated in order to appreciate it.

I hope the community will respond affirmatively and get a discussion group going.

April 30th, 2006, 10:51
Therefore, I am throwing out this post to see if there are any other thespians living here in Pattaya...and if enough interest was generated perhaps form our own performing community troupe.

Given the likely demographic of your troupe, may I suggest The Whales of August as your first production.

And you need a theatre that's disabled-friendly with ushers rushing out with wheelchairs and Zimmer frames and dog muzzles as the Ediths and Pearls arrive. Oh, and here's a scary thought, will you be serving food during intermission?

American Teacher-old
April 30th, 2006, 14:23
Disregarding Miss Sybil Thorpe's usual drivel, thanks for the positive response! I have also mentioned this idea in other places and gotten some good interest there as well. Next step is that I will take it to an even bigger market -- maybe a little ad in a local newspaper. Then, I will compile a list of emails (hopefully fairly lengthy) and arrange for our first discussion meeting. This probably won't happen for a month or so -- but if you are interested, drop me a note and I'll add you to the list!

Cheers!
-Chris

www.niddysnook.com (http://www.niddysnook.com)

April 30th, 2006, 17:46
I played the part of, Off--Pearl was the broad.
I hope you will put on the show in your lovely restaurant--And I hope you cook with gas--All the better to euthanize Missy (Notice; I didn't use the B-word.) Sybil: for the humor element, of course: Pearl & I will ll be laughing in our muzzles.
Joking aside; I played the male....Yeah! Male! Me!...lead in a Tennessee Williams play (The clean one.) off Broadway: a church basement near in the Bronx--Pre burnout Bronx.

Seriously, it sounds like a wonderful idea--But you do need the right vehicle. (No, no motocys!)
Miss Sadie Thompson might be a natural--So many sluts fighting for the rol├й of Sadie...and better suited to play rain...in the rain?...acid rain?...Can you imagine the splash Billy would make as a raindrop!...Hell, I'd pay 100 baht just to see that!
But I was thinking you might do something Greek: the costumes would cost next to nothing--The costumes would be next to nothing!
Androcleas and the Lion might be fun to do Thai\Chinese Opera style--But, then, the whole (Farang) cast would want to be inside the Chinese lion: goosing the boy in front of them...Boy, farang, boy, farang--Repeat as necassary. But the whole show might turn into a big orgy inside a lion suit--Which might be entertaining but I think you don't have the floor space...Think you could you rent Lek's for the night?
Oh, well; maybe Andromeda would be a better choice...Lots of Num in (very) short togas. I'd be happy to play Perseus if Hedda would condesend to return from...where ever the Smurf she is...to play the sea monster? (Think what you'd save on makeup!) At the end of the performance you could give Pattacademy Awards...Shortest Toga\best butt; Best tilt-of-the toga; Best performance by a FBOC...
Seriously; I can hardly wait!

American Teacher-old
May 6th, 2006, 18:02
Sorry to post this publicly, but I am having trouble sending a private message back to you (proxy issues?)...

Anyway, here is my response:

Hi Michael. We are very much still in the baby phases of organizing a discussion group. However, I do feel this is a possibility and I have had some good interest. Certainly a talent like yours would be a joy to utilize. Could I please have your email address and then I will update you as things develop.

Thanks,
Chris

** Send that cute boy a fabulous gift basket or money transfer -- see our online store! **

Michael
May 6th, 2006, 18:35
:
Hi Michael. ........ Certainly a talent like yours would be a joy to utilize. ...

I assume that's another Michael. I'd love to join your group of budding thespians, but alas I'm only in Thailand for a few weeks a year and I'm certainly no fan of Pattaya.

mikelele-old
May 7th, 2006, 01:06
Yes, I too am having trouble PM-ing and so, like you, I have to post here. I tried pm-ing you my direct email addy but it seems to be stuck in the outbox. I hope it'll get through at somepoint.

Thank you for your response. I am looking forward to hearing from you again.

M

Michael
May 7th, 2006, 02:03
Thank god for that, it's not Michael, it's mikelele. Sorry Chris, I had a horrible feeling that I'd PM'd you whilst three sheets to the wind!
I don't understand why you seem to get a rather rough ride on this forum and I wish you well with this new thespian venture.

American Teacher-old
May 7th, 2006, 08:35
Thanks for the kind words Michael. And to Mikelele -- I finally got your message!
Anyone else interested in joining the discussion group, please email me directly at info@niddysnook.com

Cheers!
-Chris

May 7th, 2006, 17:36
keep us posted if you get this idea up...not many people know that I was a stand-in for the great Sarah Bernhardt due to our uncanny likeness ie: similar wooden leg.

But as Edith will tell you-I have had a long and varied career on many stages. Ok to be truthful they were usually the last one out of town and it was at the point of the sheriff's gun but I believe I am a born thespian and as the great Dame Edna who takes beauty tips from me says.."thespianism leaves a bad taste in my mouth". I'm not quite sure what she means but a local amateur dramatic society would leave carpet bowls for dead.

I can smell the greasepaint now.

May 7th, 2006, 17:43
Even through the clown nose...warts & varicosities...what ever that is...I'll bet it smells just like a pink gin.