PDA

View Full Version : Amsterdam cabaret in Koh Samui Any info?

lonelywombat
January 8th, 2006, 16:24
I have friends in Phuket ATM who are cabaret tragics. Frustrated performers with no talent. They have given Pattaya the flick because they feel the shows in Phuket are better.

It was their intention to have 3 days in Koh Samui, body surfing before going home.

They were toying with cancelling their Samui trip until on the beach yesterday they heard about Amsterdam Cabaret. They were told it was equal to if not better than Tangmo and CU Tonite.

Now they are in two minds as what to do. Can anyone who has been to see the show help them please.

Also, they were told of the Star Club in the Night Plaza is also a cabaret, yet their understanding is the Star is a small bar next to K Bar, in Soi Starbucks. Which is correct?

Finally has anyone been to Christies ladyboy show?

January 10th, 2006, 10:57
2 negative threads on samui, and no reply to the amsterdam request, feel compelled to make a post.

my bf is doing internship in singapore and we have flown into samui 4 times in the last 15 months for about 5 nights at a time

we stay by choice at the better end south where amsterdam is located when we can get low rates.

amsterdam is a cocktail bar with ladyboy show,no go go and no off. very big and expensive fitout bigger than my way phuket and double boyz boyz boys. big square stage one end cocktail bar in middle restaurant on open side lounge furniture at back not more expensive than other places more cocktail than beer trade

show is better than phuket shows two different shows a night repeated again next night.
ladyboys younger more petite than wooden types in phuket. 8 ladyboy 6 boy dancer
gay owned gay waiting staff male massage also available next door

we have dinner and stay both shows one night and dinner on beach and see second show again another night dancers seem to have fun and are well drilled show is better than tangmo cutonight and myway but myway has more variety and more sexy

just around corner rubyred is upstairs so we cannot visit.

the other ladyboy show is star club in night plaza we go there a lot packed every night.
bar costumes and ladyboys have seen better days. star of show big mama is not typical thai fat comic drag but good performer that can mime big production numbers well

star attracts many backpackers and brit holiday packagers very popular music like kylie village people and currently an elvis set. gay owned gay waiters some very gay and straight crowd often with kids fun night for all more thais as less expensive.

we like to watch straight brit lads getting turned on by big mama they all want have photo taken with her and more we think very strange

the other lady boy show christies is a big tit show for lads and for us not our scene

there is a star bar in soi starbuck where there are 4 small bars each with short time rooms

sometimes when I am tired or have to work my bf goes to green mango disco which is same soi as christies and has mixed crowd. he tells me he has met brit soldiers there who are on r&r

January 11th, 2006, 06:14
Hi Wombat!

I visited Amsterdam Bar last year and thoroughly enjoyed it :D
The bar is nicely appointed and the cabaret was superb.

I did not try to off anyone but I got the distinct feeling from the way they kept swooning at me that the ladyboys and the boy dancers were available after the show. Some came to chat/flirt with us between performances. However rather than my stunning good looks, it could also have been my overactive imagination :wink:

They have a web site at... http://www.amsterdam-samui.com/

I'm sure you/your friends would like the bar very much.

lonelywombat
January 11th, 2006, 17:56
[quote="IwanUK"]Hi Wombat!

Thanks to you both for the follow up, they have decided to fly there tomorrow

TrongpaiExpat
January 11th, 2006, 20:33
Not the best design to see the stage but over all a nice bar. Most of these lady boy lip sync shows look the same to me and in Ko Samui Abba seems to rule.

The Scandinavian and German tourists seem to mix well with the gay patrons without looks or judgment.

Boxer
January 13th, 2006, 19:09
New web site for Samui www.gaykohsamui.net (http://www.gaykohsamui.net)
plus www.utopia-asia.com/thaisamu.htm (http://www.utopia-asia.com/thaisamu.htm)
Let us have an updated report.

January 13th, 2006, 22:31
http://www.amsterdam-samui.com/home.php

In the Soi (lane) to the right as you face 'Starbucks' on Chaweng Beach Road, Central Chaweng, you will find 4 small but lively gay bars all open 3pm to 2am - all are 'off-bars' and offer 'massage' sevice. Expect a boisterous welcome from the staff... which may relent if you gently indicate you are not interested in such attention:

Star Boys Gay owned and operated, small and lively open fronted bar. Located first in the Soi from the main road. Kicks-in about 10pm. K Club Gay owned and operated, small loud but fun bar. Gay expats and visitors. Often with impromptu shows. Corner Guy Gay owned - same owner as Star Club Cabaret. Most fun late as performers from Star Club Cabaret often head there after their show. More details on Star Club
Sun Club Gay owned and operated, small, lively open fronted bar. Kicks-in about 10pm.

All from Boxer's superb website links - applauds I think!!

January 14th, 2006, 14:27
we like to watch straight brit lads getting turned on by big mama they all want have photo taken with her and more we think very strange

Interesting you sould say that hiro-san. Only last night a TV show in the UK opined tht Brits are actually deeply homophobic and that pantoDames and dragStars allow a little "safe" digression. Tell your bf to be careful with those Tommies on leave from Iraq. This is edge play. They can turn nasty very quickly. Well at least as quickly as the French conscripts on a night out from ski training in Alpe d'Huez. You could still smell the smouldering Paris suburbs.

lonelywombat
January 16th, 2006, 09:42
The opening post this thread was a request for info on cabaret shows in Koh Samui.

The boys are on their way home and sent an email to say thanks for the help.

By coincidence they stayed across the road from the soi that Amsterdam is in. I forwarded the advice that had been received and they followed it almost to the letter. Hiro_san's post was spot on.

Only points to add

There was no Abba
The off rooms in soi Starbucks were full of mosquitoes.They went the second night better prepared.
Decided to give Christies a miss after seeing the crowd
Loved Green Mango
3 days is enough. Will return again next trip

January 19th, 2006, 18:03
By coincidence they stayed across the road from the soi that Amsterdam is in. I forwarded the advice that had been received and they followed it almost to the letter. Hiro_san's post was spot on.

thank you for nice words. did they stay at tradewinds cottages.we stayed there last 2 times and will again in the
low season may01-jun30 and again 01sep-22 dec
owner of amsterdam recommended. website very good.
www.tradewinds-samui.com (http://www.tradewinds-samui.com)
all ccottages shown on map.