PDA

View Full Version : Back to Pattaya

January 31st, 2011, 00:40
Hi guys

Hope you are all keeping well. Have just had to change my holiday plans for the next 3 weeks - should have been going to Luxor Egypt for 3 weeks on Wednesday - have now booked a flight to Thailand arriving on Thursday. So not much time to organise much or search this site for information. I have 2 questions so far

1 - mobile sim card - payg - can holidaymakers get these and if so how in Pattaya

2 - East Suites - Jomtiem complex - any comments

Thanks in advance

Brian

January 31st, 2011, 00:54
Hi guys

Hope you are all keeping well. Have just had to change my holiday plans for the next 3 weeks - should have been going to Luxor Egypt for 3 weeks on Wednesday - have now booked a flight to Thailand arriving on Thursday. So not much time to organise much or search this site for information. I have 2 questions so far

1 - mobile sim card - payg - can holidaymakers get these and if so how in Pattaya

Thanks in advance

Brian

Any place that sells phones has these sim cards.
Pattaya is dead look elsewhere if you are looking for a good time?

ceejay
January 31st, 2011, 00:56
Any 7-11 will have them. Cost you about 50 baht including a few free minutes. I wouldn't add more than 100 baht to that. The shop assistant will activate the number for you, if you take the phone with you.

January 31st, 2011, 01:47

I haven't been there but it seems like a good location. A short walk to the beach and anywhere along that road is convenient for the baht buses. I should think it'd be a little quieter than staying in Boyztown.

jinks
January 31st, 2011, 13:02
If you have the time and need a phone straight away, there are several phone shops in the BKK terminal.

January 31st, 2011, 15:05
Thanks guys

Accommodation now sorted - half my stay in VT5 and at the moment the other half at Thai Bali condos

No urgency regarding the SIM - will wait until I get to Pattaya

Brian

Sen Yai
January 31st, 2011, 19:47
1 - mobile sim card - payg - can holidaymakers get these and if so how .....

When I was in Phuket recently, the were handed out for free in the arrivals hall.

tomas1
February 1st, 2011, 11:05
Hi BeardedBrian
you will love vt5. superb location and top standard. direct access to the gay beach. thai bali condos i do not know

February 1st, 2011, 20:12
Why people are still obsessed with visiting Pattaya eludes me?......Having traveled there recently it's notorious Gay nite life is not exactly stellar anymore, far from it!

February 1st, 2011, 20:40
Why people are still obsessed with visiting Pattaya eludes me?......Having traveled there recently it's notorious Gay nite life is not exactly stellar anymore, far from it!

It's all comparative isn't it.

If your interests are predominantly boys and booze it's still the place to go.

If you want to be more cerebral then other places may appeal more.

:occasion9:

February 1st, 2011, 21:49
If your interests are predominantly boys and booze it's still the place to go.

I'm sure there are other reasons to go to Thailand but they are eluding me...

February 1st, 2011, 21:59

It's all comparative isn't it.

If your interests are predominantly boys.(quote) scottish-guy)

I guess you haven't been to Pattaya for awhile. If you live there you need to get out more often.

February 1st, 2011, 22:27
...I guess you haven't been to Pattaya for awhile...

You're right - it's been at least 10 days.

February 2nd, 2011, 03:38
...I guess you haven't been to Pattaya for awhile...

You're right - it's been at least 10 days.

You are hillarioua! : :dontknow:

You are as funny as roadkill?...But you do like to hear yourself.

February 2nd, 2011, 04:08
Get your abacus out and go through this thread up to and including your last comment:

Happyboy - 4 posts

Scottish-Guy - 2 posts

Who is it that likes to hear themselves?

Hmmmm?

dab69
February 2nd, 2011, 07:44
There is always someone every year trying to give a doom and gloom impression about Pattaya,
but when I arrive I find bars like Nice Boys and a couple others packed.

almost like someone is trying to scare people away
from having a good time.

can't remember if it was always some hydra
with less than 100 posts,
but always claims to "know" it's dead there.

February 2nd, 2011, 11:22
There is always someone every year trying to give a doom and gloom impression about Pattaya,
but when I arrive I find bars like Nice Boys and a couple others packed.

almost like someone is trying to scare people away
from having a good time.

can't remember if it was always some hydra
with less than 100 posts,
but always claims to "know" it's dead there.

Other than Nice Boys which I agree is busy largely comprised of of old Kaos guys where is it busy?