PDA

View Full Version : Marina Inn Pool

stevehadders
January 30th, 2011, 17:30
On my next trip (April, after a week in Vietnam) I will be staying in Mosaik for the first time (usually LCR). May sound strange, but I really like the gogos of Boyztown , but like the relaxing nature of the beer bars in Sunnee.
Anyway , my question being, I have walked past the pool in Sunnee during the evening, but is is open during the day for non guests, and does anyone have any feedback? I do like my days on Jomtien,but sometimes after a late night at Nab etc, I wake very late, and this pool may be an option
I am making a small trip to Hanoi and taking my Thai friend on a Junk on Ha Long bay - will dutifully write a report after my trip!

Beachlover
January 30th, 2011, 19:57
Enjoy Hanoi and Halong Bay. The overnight Junk Boat trips can be fun and the scenery is stunning... see if you can get on one where they let you get out in a kayak and go for a paddle around.

Sex on a boat...mmmm.

January 30th, 2011, 20:01
Enjoy Hanoi and Halong Bay. The overnight Junk Boat trips can be fun and the scenery is stunning... see if you can get on one where they let you get out in a kayak and go for a paddle around.

Sex on a boat...mmmm.

Surely it would be the Queen Mary 2 for you?

Beachlover
January 30th, 2011, 20:13
Why the Queen Mary?

January 30th, 2011, 20:32
Why the Queen Mary?

Last word in luxury dear

stevehadders
January 30th, 2011, 20:38
But whilst the QM2 is luxury, it has no elegance and could be described as vulgar - according to soem hardened cruise passengers I know - having only been on the QM2 for lunch in Southampton with a quick tour, I can't really make a valued judgement!

Beachlover
January 30th, 2011, 20:56
Why the Queen Mary?
Last word in luxury dear
Yeah but all the passengers on these cruise ships are old and decrepit... I want a private boat some day. Something ocean going.

stevehadders
January 30th, 2011, 20:58
You are quite right - you could recruit a most interesting crew!

AKAHagrid-old
January 30th, 2011, 21:02
Back to your question...

As of last summer, the pool was open during the day (10 am-ish) for a small admission charge. I never saw more than 3 or 4 folks there, so it could hardly be deemed a hub of daytime social activity. The owners are rigorous about checking IDs, and any guest must be 18+. I was told by several boys that they did not feel welcome there. So, if you are looking for a quiet place to swim/relax unmolested, the pool is a fine place. If you prefer more action in terms of cruising, conversation, and general sanook, then you would probably be disappointed.

stevehadders
January 30th, 2011, 21:07
ok many thanks - could be good for the day after heavy night, where I would appreciate a couple of quiet hours. Jomtien will still be my main daytime destination

January 31st, 2011, 16:29
The sign outside has recently changed to advertise opening hours of (if I remember correctly) 10am to 01am, but may it is 11am to 1am.

Certainly opens a lot earlier than most places in Sunee, and stays open almost as late.

February 1st, 2011, 20:18
The sign outside has recently changed to advertise opening hours of (if I remember correctly) 10am to 01am, but may it is 11am to 1am.

Certainly opens a lot earlier than most places in Sunee, and stays open almost as late.

Like the rest of Pattaya a great place to catch up on your reading!

lonelywombat
February 26th, 2011, 16:29
Friend of mine who stayed at Mosaik and hired a motorbike. He liked the look of Yensabai Condos pool and drove in , parked his bike at the rear and walked to the pool as if he owned it.

He was not interested in a bar or food and thought it was marvellous.

As for the comment on cruise ships, many of the boys I got to know at Cafe Royale were enticed to cruise ships with mixed results.

My favourite from Cafe Royale worked out of Miami for 6 months non stop with two lunches a week off per week,but not allowed to go ashore. He earnt big money but it all depended on the tips and he had to offer favours to the chief steward to get the high tipping tables. [legs in the air]

My last experience of the Marina pool was the mosquitos ate me to distraction.

arsenal
February 26th, 2011, 20:09
For a change you could also try the huge pool on top of Mike's Shopping Mall. Cheap to get in, cheap food and stunning views all the way around the bay. Usually fairly quiet too.

stevehadders
February 26th, 2011, 22:18
Ah yes Mikes - I remember seeing the pool advertised - may wander up there and see - thank-you
Wombat - yes there were a few good guys from LCR who went on the ships - I think Nop did this - he was the waiter I met on my first visit - very nice guy, as they all were/are

February 27th, 2011, 11:19
For a change you could also try the huge pool on top of Mike's Shopping Mall. Cheap to get in, cheap food and stunning views all the way around the bay. Usually fairly quiet too.

Is this the Mike's next to boyz town or the big one farther north ?

February 27th, 2011, 14:43
I know there are several families at this one I am going to tell you about BUT I like it anyway.
The pool at Jomtien Beach at the Avalon Resort allows non guests to use the pool for (Last time I went in) 500 baht. As I am a diabetic and cant go into the sea, I love swimming pools. This one suits me just fine. The hotel has NO problem with boyfreinds and I have witnessed men playing in the pool with thier boys. Remember it is right on the gay beach at Jomtien so thats where some falang stay because they can bring thier freinds and it is a nice hotel. I have brought friends in there. Also they have neverasked me for an extra charge or asked the boys for ID. Never stopped us, and never asked. I would think they would say something if the boy looked very young.Sure sometimes you see a family look at you strangely but "I DONT CARE". :occasion9:

stevehadders
February 27th, 2011, 16:48
Thank you Just Me - good to know!

Who - the Mikes referred to is one further down Beach/Second Road (entrance on both) about 10 mins walk from Boyztown in North direction - the mall with about 4/5 floors I think. I have seen the pool advertised but never been

Beachlover
February 27th, 2011, 18:28
I am a diabetic and cant go into the sea...
I'm curious... why can't you go in the sea if diabetic?

Jason1988
February 27th, 2011, 20:23

Diabetics have to be careful with their feet getting scraped or cut. Due to poor circulation a diabetic is very slow to heal any wounds. They may lose sensation in their feet and not feel it when they are bitten by a sea creature or cut on a coral reef. Best bet for them is to wear shoes, not go barefoot and swim in a pool.

bao-bao
February 27th, 2011, 21:13
Diabetics have to be careful with their feet getting scraped or cut. Due to poor circulation a diabetic is very slow to heal any wounds.
DING DING DING DING - We have a winner! :hello1:

I've seen people on the beaches in Hawaii (like the one where I took the picture below) wearing a heavier guage rubber shoe specifically for beach and shore play - still flexible, but protective - to avoid cuts and the likes.

On the beaches in Pattaya it's a given there's going to be broken glass, metal, etc. that make it a minefield for anyone who needs to take extra care against cuts and scrapes on their feet - which are open doors for infection, especially in areas where you don't want to know what's been pumped into the water. :pukeright:

While walking the beach in the early morning or late afternoon is something I love to do I never do it there without an old pair of shoes or sandals on (sans socks, of course - you never know when Smiles might be watching - HA!).

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z56/khunbaobao/PA160609adj-W.jpg

Thor69
February 28th, 2011, 04:04
You Know What They Say About Guys With Big Feet.... :rolling:

February 28th, 2011, 09:04

Jason198 and Bao Bao EXCELLENT EXCELLENT answers. Many times also, the legs develop poor circulation and there becomes a redness on the shin bone. Infections set in unbelievably fast and a stay for a week in the hospital every few months is inevitable. Diabeties if unchecked or uncontrolled leads to kidney FAILURE and babythey can't restart the kidneys. Then it is a hospital visit for many hours every other day, to go through the process of circulating your blood from your body through a machine to clean the blood. About a 4 hour process. I am unfortunate to know all this first hand. bangkok Pattaya Hospital is just crammed with others that are on this life saving program.

Beachlover
February 28th, 2011, 18:15
Thanks for the explanation on some of the diabetes effects guys... That's tough. I know a few people with diabetes but wasn't aware of these effects they must live with.

On my first trip to Pattaya I went for a long run in bare feet on Pattaya Beach each morning and I never suffered any cuts or injuries but geez was it bloody messy... had to have eyes like a hawk to avoid bits of glass, cans and other crap every step.

I did the same on Jomtien Beach the next trip and it wasn't anywhere near as bad, plus there was a wider and more level body of sand. Much nicer.