PDA

View Full Version : A House Completed in BuaChed ( VIDEO )

alanthebuilder
January 29th, 2011, 08:04
Hello there guys, here is a video we have put together of a Construction finished 2 days ago in Buached.

Hope you like, we will add some pictures and information in the coming days.

[youtube:3gzfzr7j]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ipXpUABvBs[/youtube:3gzfzr7j]
:dontknow:

January 29th, 2011, 08:39
Looks great. How much to build approximately? Is it possible to get solar panels and solar hot water systems in Thailand?

January 29th, 2011, 09:15
Looks very well built. Considering the climate in Bua Chet (which I have just found is in Surin province, almost by the border with Cambodia; altitude 220 metres) and Thailand in general, the Australian-style verandah is a damn good idea.

January 29th, 2011, 11:31
Hmmm was it built to an owners specifications? I wonder how high the ceilings are?

I love the veranda concept but feel there could have been more inside outside areas, with access to the veranda right across the front, louvered at least six wooden ("French" doors).

In front of those nice wide steps down into the garden or back into the living, easy access. The interior seems at odds with the outside and setting.

Im not so sure of these "post Thai style" houses they often jar? A bit lego style Thai perhaps.

I was just lol at the thought, inside Chinese ( Celestial door way) outside a bit Thai, just an impression. :blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye:

January 29th, 2011, 15:11
... A bit lego style ....

I'm surprised the Psychiatrists trust you with lego - I'd have you restricted to crayons for your own safety

:occasion9:

thrillbill
January 30th, 2011, 07:59
Thanks for sharing. I like the design with the veranda. (It will be a joy to do a garden to look at)If you don't mind, what was the estimated cost? 3-4; 5-6; 7-8; 9-10 baht?
It must have been a challenge to truck all the materials to your area.
What frustrations did you encounter?
so the house is in your Thai partner's name?

thonglor55
January 30th, 2011, 09:37
so the house is in your Thai partner's name?What a dumb-cluck you are, thrillbill. Is it the water in Pattaya? The guy's a professional builder!

alanthebuilder
January 30th, 2011, 13:03
We did have a few problems \No water in the days only a trickle at night- 2 * 2 - 2000 litre tanks and pumps solved this. Getting materials on site was ok because IтАЩve got my own 6 wheeler truck, other wise it could have tough Thanks guys and more detailed picks are coming once my P-C virus as gone :crybaby: .

alanthebuilder
February 1st, 2011, 12:44
Thank you Guys, Here are the Photos as I said I would add :

http://www.alanthebuilder.com/buachedgallery.html

Thanks a lot

Alan

quiet1
February 1st, 2011, 17:52
With all the attention to detail, and with that quality of finish, why the bland wall-ceiling joints?

i.e. Why no crown moldings, or even a "drop ceiling" (not sure of the correct term) where recessed lighting is often housed? Something like:

alanthebuilder
February 2nd, 2011, 06:49
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
We offered the crown coving and steps like this house we built in Pattaya http://www.alanthebuilder.com/builder/i ... /Alan2.jpg (http://www.alanthebuilder.com/builder/images/house/Pattayabig/Alan2.jpg)
The clients reply was тАЬI hate that old fashioned lookтАЭ mind you he is only 28 years old !

February 2nd, 2011, 08:38
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
We offered the crown coving and steps like this house we built in Pattaya http://www.alanthebuilder.com/builder/i ... /Alan2.jpg (http://www.alanthebuilder.com/builder/images/house/Pattayabig/Alan2.jpg)
The clients reply was тАЬI hate that old fashioned lookтАЭ mind you he is only 28 years old !

I completely agree with him. Except on the steps.

In the house you just finished I agree it looks sturdy, but the veranda would only work without steps (in my opinion) if it was flush with the ground itself. Why I wonder is the inside so divorced from the outside? Its like an apartment trapped in a house.

I think one should either go for traditional (the trend elsewhere) using the best materials keeping everything light plenty wood, shutters etc or go completely contemporary making the very best use of the surrounding and setting, half half looks cheap and "spec" .

quiet1
February 2nd, 2011, 17:27
@alan: Well, I agree with him that the crown molding in that example was a bit, uh, garish?

Hahaha! Just teasing. You've reconfirmed your credibility as a quality home builder.

Beachlover
February 3rd, 2011, 18:25
Nice... looks like a nice modern version of an Australian Federation-Style bungalow (sort of)... I like the extensive use of wood, even on the outside with the pillars.

GWMinUS
February 3rd, 2011, 23:01
Sorry, the design does not do anything for me.
I would love to build a contemporary interruption of a traditional Thai house. But not up off the ground, I am too old for stairs.
The outside and inside would be one!! With glass doors to keep in the air-con. The veranda would be a place to relax and eat in cooler weather. Lots of overhangs to block the sun and direct the heavy rains.
Inside the wood frame structure would be exposed. Using traditional beam framing, not cheap studs and joists. High ceilings and lots of fans. And the floors would be teak planks, not thin parquet.
Guess I am out of the normal price range. Can something like 1800 SF be built for US$50,000 - 75,000??
OH, and the property needs a walled in private garden. Do not need to see the cheap houses next door.
CHEERS,
An Old Architect

alanthebuilder
February 5th, 2011, 05:03
A big thanks for all your input ... Thanks guys ...

February 5th, 2011, 05:27
Still nothing about the price.

Beachlover
February 5th, 2011, 08:24
Sorry, the design does not do anything for me.
I would love to build a contemporary interruption of a traditional Thai house. But not up off the ground, I am too old for stairs.
The outside and inside would be one!! With glass doors to keep in the air-con. The veranda would be a place to relax and eat in cooler weather. Lots of overhangs to block the sun and direct the heavy rains.
Inside the wood frame structure would be exposed. Using traditional beam framing, not cheap studs and joists. High ceilings and lots of fans. And the floors would be teak planks, not thin parquet....
OH, and the property needs a walled in private garden. Do not need to see the cheap houses next door.
Nice ideas... Although he says they employ an architect, I'm guessing the design process for these houses is a less sophisticated offering than the type you might have delivered in your working life and possibly more builder-led. You get what you pay for...

Also, being relatively out in the middle of no where, security would be a top priority if I were building a house there. Floor to ceiling doors/windows are nice but I would want them to be intruder resistant.

GWMinUS
February 5th, 2011, 08:38
Hey BeachLover!!
For you we can do that.
Just use laminated glass, 1/2 inch thick, like we do in our Museums...
Or have a Houseboy always on site, with a big machete!!!

Yes, I do expect more.
Still it would be interesting what the house cost.
Our Contractor seems very quite on that...

Take care!!
George

Beachlover
February 5th, 2011, 08:51
Heh... a handsome houseboy with a big machete on site.

I've heard you can get glass with and sort of invisible or less visible mesh built into it, which cannot be broken through.

About price, I suspect he's just not very keen to specify the price on each project publicly here. When you throw your prices on the street like this it makes it easier for competitors to get ahead of you...

... of course this doesn't stop a few trolls from continually harassing him for i (although not all people who ask this are trolls).

February 5th, 2011, 09:37
Why is asking the price being a troll???

GWMinUS
February 6th, 2011, 08:25
I agree...

If "alanthebuilder" wants to keep spaming this Forum about his houses, he should be willing to give the details.
Anyway, I think I will build or buy a house in the Philippines.

Cheers,
Hotman

Beachlover
February 6th, 2011, 09:14
Well, I think he should (if he hasn't already...) either name the price or just respond explaining that he doesn't want to do this.