PDA

View Full Version : My Trip Report for BKK and Pattaya

adman5000
January 27th, 2011, 02:16
I enjoyed my recent trip to Thailand even if business at the bars was depressed. The bars were uncrowded and boys were eager for customers. Unfortunately the staff was even more eager for tips.. I am just writing a very basic trip report because things change so quickly in Thailand. A bar I may have loved last year, is sometimes not worth going to the next time. The total volume of customers was down significantly in both Bangkok and Pattaya during the months I was there. I donтАЩt know how the bars survive. I found the overall prices to be much lower in Pattaya than Bangkok both in terms of drink prices (about 100 baht lower) and off fees (100-200 baht lower).

I arrived in BKK on a night flight so by the time I made it to the bars, it was about 12:30 AM. I just wanted to get a quick idea of which bars to come back to so I visited Fresh Beach Boy first which had only 4 boys on stage, so I proceeded to X-Size as they were closing. They had a large selection but I did not have enough time to choose anyone. No problem as I would come back. I then went to Screwboys which is open later than the other bars. The prior year they had some goodlooking boys but this year I found the boys had a much rougher look than I prefer and none that I would call handsome.

The next night I visited X Size which had an even larger selection than the night before- I would say around 20-25 boys with many very nice looking and friendly and decent music. I also stopped by Fresh Beach Boy which had about 10 boys on stage and still has a decent selection. I then went to XBoys which had many handsome guys and a good mix of types- about 15 guys. But the mammasan was a bit too pushy to sell drinks, get a boy to sit with you, and looking for a tip, so I left. Finally I ended up at Dream Boys/Boys Bangkok which still does the combined show and I thought they had the widest selection with more that fit my personal preference. I offed a new boy From Issan. I also think the staff there are more professional and helpful.

On another night I visited Tawan but they were having the King of Tawan contest with 300 baht drinks. The guys were in shape for the upcoming contest in Pattaya but a bit too big for my taste as they waddled through the bar. I do not think the steroid look is attractive. So I went to Ocean Boys (the former Future Boys) which seemed the same. No stunners with a few that had worked at various bars for quite a while. This was the only time I visited that bar. I went to XSize again and offed a boy I knew.

Late in the week I visited Hot Male. The boys were ok, but not like the selection they had two years ago. I offed a boy recommended by the captain who was a bit of a dud. I did not revisit the bar during my visit.

The next night on a Saturday, I visited XSize for the show which was decent. But then I went onto Dream Boy and connected with a boy I have offed many times and always takes good care of his customer.

After returning to BKK a few weeks later, I also visited Jupiter. It seems I always visit this bar just once. The boys are good looking enough but I am usually looking for a good body and most have their clothes on so you canтАЩt see much. On the plus side they rotated quickly and I was not hounded to ask a boy to sit with me for a drink as I had been in the past. They do have some handsome guys.

I also stopped by Solid Bar. It is a bar where you are always welcomed with decent prices and eager boys. I just didnтАЩt see any that were my type.

I also looked in Classic Boys but it is not my type of boy.

I think I liked X Size the best as they always had a stage full of guys of all types. No pressure to buy drinks. But too much smoke inside as both the boys, staff, and some customers were smoking. Dream Boys/Boys Bangkok was my second favorite but their drink prices and off fee is higher.

Overall, I found the volume of customers to be the lowest I have ever seen. It was even slow on the weekends. Some customers would come for the show and then leave without offing anyone.
I also noted several new massage places in Silom/Surawong area. I tried Best Massage on Silom and Climax Massage on Soi Tawan offered good value for a decent real massage. There is also a new place which just opened up below Super A. I looked around but it didnтАЩt get a massage there. The other places along Surawong Road seem to be hurting as there are way too many massage places for the low tourist volume. There was even a foot massage place where the very decent Taste of Thai fast food restaurant used to be.

In Pattaya I found less of a selection of the muscular rice farmer types I prefer than in Bangkok. In both locations I found myself to be the only customer on a number of occasions. Very few Farang customers, mostly Asian customers. The number of bars seemed about the same. In some instances, the boys slip home more often due to fewer customers and I saw instances in Bangkok where some of the boys didnтАЩt even come out on stage due to few or no customers. Several times, because I knew that a certain boy worked at that bar, I asked for him and sure enough, one of the waiter/captains would go in the back and get him or tell me he had just stepped out to eat and would be right back. This is probably mostly due to the fact that I tend to off boys before the shows start.

In Pattaya I quickly looked in some bars and went on to the next. My favorite bars were Copa and A-Bomb as I thought both had good diverse selections. I thought Copa was better than last year. Good selection of different types. I used to like Happy Boys but found the rotation of the boys much slower than in the past and less of a selection. Boyz Boyz did not have anything I fancied as quite a few were older than I prefer. I also found much less of a selection at Dynamite, Sawatdee and Dream Boys than in the past. Wild West Boys was a completely different bar in that there were only 4-5 boys on stage and just a few more hanging around and none who were particularly well built. In fact, while in Pattaya I ended up meeting with a boy who used to work in the bars and enjoyed his company rather than searching through the lite offerings at the bars. I also did not see much in the way of eye candy at the beach either as I had last year but only visited there a few times.

This low volume of activity did make it simpler to get a room at a good price at a time that has been high season in the past. I hope business picks up for the upcoming Chinese New Year and that enough bars stay in business for my return trip next year.

Dboy
January 27th, 2011, 05:40
Nice report. I hope you did more than just that though. There's SO much more to Thailand than the bar scene.

Dboy

January 27th, 2011, 18:14
Author: adman5000 ┬╗ Thu 27 Jan, 2011 3:16 am

I enjoyed my recent trip to Thailand even if business at the bars was depressed. The bars were uncrowded and boys were eager for customers. Unfortunately the staff was even more eager for tips.. I am just writing a very basic trip report because things change so quickly in Thailand. A bar I may have loved last year, is sometimes not worth going to the next time. The total volume of customers was down significantly in both Bangkok and Pattaya during the months I was there. I donтАЩt know how the bars survive. I found the overall prices to be much lower in Pattaya than Bangkok both in terms of drink prices (about 100 baht lower) and off fees (100-200 baht lower).

I thought your report was right on! Thanks.

adman5000
January 29th, 2011, 16:42
Yes, I did a lot more different activities in Thailand than I have described here. Quite honestly, I find all the other activities much more rewarding than the go-go boys. I spent more time in BKK visiting and doing different things than usual and really enjoyed it and I felt like I barely scratched the surface of what there is to do and see. I found TripAdvisor to be useful on recommended activities. The weather was also quite mild compared to past visits. IT is also a treat to see all the handsome guys outside the bar scene.

February 26th, 2011, 16:44
Super A have got them selves a website now - www.superAclub.com (http://www.superAclub.com) - looks OK for massage: cute crew...