PDA

View Full Version : weather april mai

Pet
January 20th, 2011, 20:14
I went several time tot Thailand in januari / februari. The last year in Pattaya. I had a great time. But this year the only time I have holidays in the end of april and the first halve of mai. How is Pattaya in these days? Is there enough to do along the beach, the massageboys, and in Boyztown and Sunee? Or is to hot and to wet?

January 21st, 2011, 00:36
Let's start with the weather. April is the hot season with hardly any rain. Thunderclouds may form on some days in May, resulting in heavy rain occasionally, but it is not yet the rainy season. You can see climate charts for Bangkok/Pattaya in http://shamelessmack.wordpress.com/2010/10/24/climate-charts-and-what-to-pack/.

For April May, the maximum daily temperature is likely to be 35 degrees most days, which is about 3 - 4 degrees warmer than the January/February maximum. In May particularly, the difference may feel greater because humidity will be rising by then. More significantly, the nights in April/May will be warmer than Jan/Feb, so you may find yourself sweating even in the evening when you are out. However, so long as you have airconditioning in your hotel room, it shouldn't matter much.

The bars, massage parlours, restaurants and beaches will be noticeably quieter. You will probably see about half the number of people you normally see in Jan/Feb. I personally think it is wonderful. If I am on holiday, why do I want to fight with crowds?

The only problem I have experienced is that in gogo bars, there are times when I am the only customer. I hate being in such a situation, because all the boys are looking at me hoping for their next meal.

stevehadders
January 26th, 2011, 16:24
Mack is spot on... I regularly visit in April , and I enjoy the beaches and restaurants which are quieter, but I have often entered a bar to be the only patron, which feels very strange!
You must also consider Thai New Year - Songkran, in April - which I love but many people don't - its basically a huge water fight - there are many threads on here you can read about the event - its mid April - I think 14-16 in the Country with big day in Pattaya on 19th April I think. My advice would be to smile and join in !