PDA

View Full Version : Are we having fun yet?

x in pattaya
January 20th, 2011, 09:06
If you find yourself coming away from a bar filled with semi-naked boys mumbling to yourself:

They were a mixed bag of thin P1s and Q1s, to a few S3RsтАж http://shamelessmack.wordpress.com/2011 ... #more-6115 (http://shamelessmack.wordpress.com/2011/01/12/x-boys-in-pattaya-still-x-rated/#more-6115)
тАж either you should be wearing a monocle and evading the Simon Wiesenthal agents in Chile or possibly a career in Eugenics is beckoning.
For the slothful who just go to a bar to see sexy boys, you may want to print out the following guide to bring along the next time you head to Soi Twilight тАж or if youтАЩre overly concerned about a contaminated gene pool. DonтАЩt forget to pack a caliper alongside your condoms ... and I sure hope I didn't put words in anyone's mouth.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and terms like тАШslimтАЩ, тАШmuscularтАЩ, тАШsmoothтАЩ or тАШhairyтАЩ are often highly subjective.
On occasion when I need to describe a personтАЩs physical appearance, I prefer to use a more objective coding system that I have developed over the years as shorthand for myself whenever I jot down any notes. There are two different systems:

Body shape codes
In a number of posts in this blog, I use a coding system to describe a personтАЩs physique. ItтАЩs a kind of shorthand that I have developed over the years since words, in my opinion, are quite unwieldy and subjective when applied to this purpose. What is тАЬhunkтАЭ to one is тАЬpudgyтАЭ to another; what is тАЬslimтАЭ is emaciated to another.
[Photos attached below ... there are more for the truly obsessive amongst you]
In case readers wonder what the codes mean, here is an explanation.
Basically, itтАЩs a simple system that refers to two main characteristics: skeletal frame and body mass. A typical code will consist of two or more alphanumerals and look like this: W3R.
The first character indicates the skeletal frame, more specifically, the ratio of shoulder width to height:

Note: When I speak of shoulder width, I mean the distance from one outermost bony point of the shoulder (called the Acromion Process in anatomy) to the other. It does not include the fleshy shoulder. Thus, a fat person has, visually, broader shoulders than a skinny guy, but actually, they may have similar skeletal frames, and in my system, they belong to the same series.
Another point to note: A tall тАЬQтАЭ guy may have broader shoulders, in absolute terms (centimetres or inches), than a short тАЬXтАЭ guy, but he is still Q, because the code captures shoulder width relative to height.
The second character (1 to 5) indicates the amount of body mass carried on the frame. Generally, although these terms are highly subjective,
1 = underweight;
2 = slim healthy;
3 = medium;
4 = heavily built or overweight;
5 = obese.
The third character, which becomes necessary only if mass is 3 or higher, refers to the type of mass:
M = mostly lean muscle, therefore with at least some definition;
R = some muscle, softened/rounded with a little fat;
F = mostly fat.
Here are some illustrations, drawn to the similar height and poses to aid comparability. I havenтАЩt bothered to draw the rarer types, so not all the code combinations are shown here. You can click on the graphics for larger versions.
P (pole) and Q (quarter) types:

S (standard) types:

W (wide) series:

X (extra-wide or boxy) series, and specials:

The last three figures are not part of the X series. Instead, they illustrate the times when a fourth character is appended to the code. I do this when there is some striking feature of the person worth noting. Three common fourth-place tags are:
C = unusually horizontal or square shoulders;
V = striking V-shape torso;
B = beer belly.
IтАЩm not consistent about the fourth character. For example, most overweight people have big bellies, but when I make notes of overweight people I have seen, I donтАЩt record it since it is something that is implied once I write тАЬ4FтАЭ or тАЬ5FтАЭ. But if I see a beer belly in someone who isnтАЩt fat, I will record it.
My system is applicable only for men aged 18 to about 40. Above 40, age brings its own changes to body proportions and shape. A more elaborate coding system will be needed to capture them.
Body hair codes
Body hair can either be a turn-on or a turn-off. ItтАЩs quite amazing how different people are when it comes to taste, or, for that matter, how indifferent some others can be to this characteristic in a partner.
To me, itтАЩs an important consideration, and so I have long used a coding system for my diary notes, and now, for this blog.
A typical code has three alphanumerals, e.g. 1B3. The three characters represent the spread of hair on the arm, torso and leg respectively. They donтАЩt represent how thickly haired these parts are тАУ and in that, the system isnтАЩt quite good enough.
Anyway, here are some illustrations that indicate, roughly, whatтАЩs zero to 4 or A to D:
Arm:

Torso:

Leg:

http://shamelessmack.wordpress.com/codes/[attachment=6:37tdkzjf]mack 1 (2).jpg[/attachment:37tdkzjf]

January 20th, 2011, 10:10
I see somebody is very bored today and wants to have some fun at another person's expense. Or that somebody is aggrieved that an abusive comment was disallowed by a blogowner and wants to take revenge.

I make no apologies for adopting a habit of objectivity and precision; in fact I aim to encourage these attributes in speech.

It is a worthy discipline to describe things in neutral, non-judgemental and objective ways; this way it renders information more useful to the other person. To privilege the subjective and banish the objective (as mockery aims to do) is to reduce the transferability of data and information to another person's needs. How often have we seen one person praise a bar for the beauty of the boys it has, only for another to find he has wasted his time going there, since the original description was totally subjective. How often we've seen someone laud a massage parlour as heaven on earth only for another person to go there and find it a dump of a place. How often we've seen someone describe a place as "only five minutes away" thoughtlessly without saying whether it's by car or on foot.

Precision is also important. Without a social expectation that we should be precise in information, we tolerate all too easily situations like these:
1. Hotels that claim to be 4-star or 5-star, without any need to support that claim;
2. Airlines, hotels, etc that are casual and even misleading about prices, failing to mention add-on charges, taxes, etc.
3. Businesses that publish maps that aren't to scale, indicating that they are located just inside a soi when in fact it is a kilometre within and off to one side in a sub-soi to boot.

To wallow in imprecision is to celebrate sloth. Those who mock the precise and the objective as being anal-retentive or whatever other term of abuse are the true vandals of discourse, the destroyers of quality communication. It is the unskilled who mock the skilled, the uneducated who mock the learned, the boorish who mock the polite, in vain attempts to believe himself an equal.

January 20th, 2011, 11:39
From now on, x in pattaya will be known as X5F.
This will not help to identify him ... merely camouflage him amongst the other elderly, obese farangs in Pattaya.

psd1315
January 20th, 2011, 12:34
Old queens never die they just fade away into their own laptops :))

ftj_taw
January 20th, 2011, 13:51
To wallow in imprecision is to celebrate sloth. Those who mock the precise and the objective as being anal-retentive or whatever other term of abuse are the true vandals of discourse, the destroyers of quality communication. It is the unskilled who mock the skilled, the uneducated who mock the learned, the boorish who mock the polite, in vain attempts to believe himself an equal.

You definitely have a way with words. I give you an A+. Unless X, thinks a grade is another sign of being anal retentive

Beachlover
January 20th, 2011, 15:20
That's not a very nice post by the OP.

Let's be honest. No one's saying Mack isn't a bit anal (nooo pun intended) in his blog but that's part of the fun of it's character, I think. I find it hilarious and kind of fascinating. Especially the graphics and diagrams. Keep it up (again, no pun intended), Mack!

To wallow in imprecision is to celebrate sloth.
Brilliant reply... staying in character. :occasion9:

newalaan
January 20th, 2011, 17:57
mumbling to yourself:Nothing changed there then. Well, well it's been all quiet on the troll-front since one of the most prominent, tolerated-by-the-moderators trolls in the whole gay thailand forums has been quiet here, and now we have mr.x making an appearance to fill the 'gap' .

I see somebody is very bored today and wants to have some fun at another person's expensemr.x cannot post anything outwith his own boundries of button-pushing and self-centred promotion. Even his apparently informative posts are just a veil to get to the real basis of such a post..... namely, talking about his own wonderfulness. Expect such a post along soon, until then he'll probably go with the button-pushing.

I'm not a great fan of fussy detail myself........small, medium, large as descriptions do me fine, but macaroni21 is worth a hundred mr.x's if judged on useful and informative postings.

x in pattaya
January 20th, 2011, 18:51
I wonder, is "Eindeutschung" German for "offing from a gogo bar?"

There were measurements of the skull, limbs and bodies. Girls had measurements taken of their pelvis. Boys had measurements taken of their penis. Based on these assessments the children were classified as "valuable", "acceptable", or "not desired" for Eindeutschung

January 20th, 2011, 22:02
I assume that the OP finds the approach dehumanizing but that's because he doesn't understand the reasoning. We all have a list of criteria that we use for finding the best fit for us, whether that be a person or a product. If I subjectively told you my favorite guy in a bar then the odds of you agreeing are pretty low. Why? Looks aren't my highest priority in a companion...as if 'looks' weren't subjective enough.

If Mac tried to disseminate information without carefully explaining his criteria then you wouldn't be able to decide if a place was right for you, based on what is important to you. I've never been to a massage parlor but I appreciate Mac's blog for what it is.

Dboy
January 21st, 2011, 08:19
I thought that rating system was crazy at first...now I like it. But, where are the butt codes?!? Once he gets the butt codes down then he should apply to make this thing an ISO Standard. Butt seriously, you gotta have butt codes.

The guys I like the most are the P's, Q's and S1-S3. How bout u?

Dboy