PDA

View Full Version : Reminder Boy Bingo Jan 22 Happy Place Bar

January 19th, 2011, 07:45
Hi.
Just a quick reminder that Boy Bingo is Jan 22nd at Happy Place Bar Soi 2 Boys Town area. Starts 9:30 ends 10:30pm
20% is donated to charity. Many prizes from various businesses throughout Pattaya, inluding Up 2 U, Holland House, Street Life, New Orleans, Mati Hari and Brunos! A good time to be had by all! Grand prize is a voucher for a free off and we give 1,000 b to the boy of your choice. Use the voucher whenever you wish.

Thank you! :alc:

wunnie
January 23rd, 2011, 21:47
You keep advertising cheap drinks and that your bar is the place to go. So, I took 3 friends who had just arrived from UK and were really disappointed to be charged 160 Bt for a small gin and tonic, fairly weak, which is the same as everywhere else.
There were a few boys, none good looking and most looked disinterested except one who was smiling and gyrating madly. and we did not stay long. None of us want to go back
I certainly would not take off a boy even if I did win the bingo!

frequentflier
January 23rd, 2011, 22:49
No Thanks.

January 24th, 2011, 00:15
You keep advertising cheap drinks and that your bar is the place to go. So, I took 3 friends who had just arrived from UK and were really disappointed to be charged 160 Bt for a small gin and tonic, fairly weak, which is the same as everywhere else.
There were a few boys, none good looking and most looked disinterested except one who was smiling and gyrating madly. and we did not stay long. None of us want to go back
I certainly would not take off a boy even if I did win the bingo!

Sorry but it sounds to me as if you expected too much.

You can debate prices with Unkie yourself but 160B for a G&T is not "normal" in a go-go bar as you suggest - nip round the corner and see a big banner (Sawadee Boys?) advertising 180B as a special deal. I have personally paid over 200B in some estabishments.

As far as Happy Place is concerned you have to bear in mind that in go-go bar language "30" boys generally means "6" and "hot" generally means "mediocre" - and since Unkie normally has about 8 boys on stage at any one time - of whom at least 3 are attractive, you have no reason to be disappointed really.

And there is aways the little cutie waiter/doorman who is just delightful.

At th end of the day it's a go-go bar- boys gyrate and the proprietor sells booze at a profit - if you want Cirque du Soleil you have to go elsewhere dear.

:occasion9:

January 24th, 2011, 00:22
Thank you for your comments however, please note that as far as prices, 120 for beer certainly outweighs the 150 - 160 charged in most Boystown bars and the 150 for mixed premium alcohol drinks outwieghs the 160 - 180 mixed bar drinks. Our drinkls are made with 1 1/4 shots premium alcohols and not 1/2 to 3/4 shots of cheap alcohol. We have the most boys of 99% of all bars in Pattaya (gay) and average the most offs recorded for any bar. While our bar is small and fits about 50 customers, we are packed most nights and on show times need to politely tell customers that we are too full to accomodate them, while other bars have 1 and 2 customers. Our boys dance in our bar and are constantly video taped to insure that they are dancing and following our guidelines.

Our Bingo nights are so packed to capacity and seems that evereyone has an excellent time and we have many many winners and satisfied customers except the ONE or TWO that want the music louder or softer or cannot satisfy them no matter what you do.

And you had sooooo many complaints and mentioned this to whom??
Thanks for your comments but reviewing your other posts, it appears that you have similar compalints everywhere you go as well as posting thata you are unhappy with this forum. I think I will have to credit your comments for the reason stated just above. Can't satisfy some, no matter if the drinks were free.

Frequentflier, reviewing your posts, you have begrudged and talked poorly about anything and everything we have tried to do and havent even been in our bar, so I give no creedence to your comment.

PS Thank you Scottish guy for your kind rebuttle comments to this person.

January 24th, 2011, 08:39
Unkiebuck, Visiting Happy Place's website will show a pop-up. Something about expats and THB 99 drinks.
How do expats prove that they are long-stayers?

January 24th, 2011, 09:00
Unkiebuck, Visiting Happy Place's website will show a pop-up. Something about expats and THB 99 drinks.

We take you at your word. We run an honest establishment and hope that our customers do the same with us.
Advise your waiter that you live here 100% of the time and that you qualify for the 99 baht expat rate. Not live somewhere else for even 1 month disqualifies you.

Thank you!
:alc:

January 24th, 2011, 09:31

We take you at your word. We run an honest establishment and hope that our customers do the same with us.
Advise your waiter that you live here 100% of the time and that you qualify for the 99 baht expat rate. Not live somewhere else for even 1 month disqualifies you.

Thank you!

Unkie, I believe you got your user-names mixed up :)

I went to the bar last week and when I ordered I asked if the 99B special was still on. The waiter called over the manager to check and all was good. No problem getting that rate at all.. I enjoyed my visit.

witchhunt
January 24th, 2011, 09:37

Thank you!

Looks like unkiebuck and justme are one and the same.

January 24th, 2011, 12:14

No shit.

I suspected that one at the beginning of the month while I was being "attacked" by both simultaneously - but of course I am "paranoid" according to some.

Oh and, in the light of this "revelation" what about this post:

Thank you for the info Aussie.
Went into Happy Place last night at 10:30 for the show and the place was packed. I mean one or two seats to sit max.
The show was dynamite and had a very good time.

:hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

C'mon Unkie - time to 'fess up!!!!

stevehadders
January 24th, 2011, 13:24
LOL LOL

Getting back to the OP - I was in Pattaya for 3 weeks over Christmas / New Year and have nothing but praise for Happy Place Bar - quality drinks (I recognise difference between cheap and branded gin), good looking staff (obviously not all will appeal to every customer - but a good selection I would say), good service and very friendly. I didnt think the prices were "out of sync" with other bars in the area.

The bar was always full (unlike all the other gogos I visited), and many boys were taken off - and surely these are the only two measures that matter. I found Happy Place a very pleasant and welcome addition - and look forward to my visits there in April

Carry on the good work Uncle Buckie !

January 24th, 2011, 14:38

Brilliant. perhaps he had had too many 99 Baht tots :bot:

January 24th, 2011, 15:16
My dearest Scottish guy....would you please show me a place where it is illegal or even unethical for a bar owner to tout his own bar or reply to a customers praise of his bar?? And when you were being "attacked" I believe it was because you were yapping those gums about you and your boyfreind being mysteriously followed from Boystown by a desperate queen as you said?? Or that you and your boyfreind were getting mysterious phone calls from someone who would not identify themsef?? And then you added icing to the cake by saying you were medically qualified to give advice??. And on and on and on. You were being VICIOUS to everyone on the board and I believe everyone including myself had had enough of your rantings and ravngs and condesending remarks. I mean "and I have the EVIDENCE!!" :sign5: Hey I have an idea, :idea: remember the time you announced to the world that two users were one in the same?? And you said "I have the evidence", well maybe you could open a new thread and report your new findings to the world.
So you were right about ONE minor detail and that was only because I wanted to keep my bar comments seperate from my personal comments so one would not reflect upon the other. BIG DEAL?? It seems that maybe you are trying to have everyone focus their attention away from YOU?? You still have all the other shit you need to overcome my dear before you are even close to my one attempt. It was not to mislead by any means dearie.

Now, now that that is in the open that dear old unkiebuck was asleep at the computer this morning (wowie) shall we get back to all of YOUR stuff? NO, I don't think so. I would like to leave your vicious remarks to everyone in the past and let bygones be bygones, as they say. it had looked like you chilled out and that was a nice new leaf you turned over, as I thought you did. Try it, you'll like it and have alot more freinds!!
:nud:

January 24th, 2011, 15:32
My dearest Scottish guy blaa, blaa blaa :

I really don't think you are doing yourself any favours by bringing your argument with Scotty up again Auntie, you can't blame this one on him, in fact he actually made a good comment in this post. there is nothing wrong with touting your own business by advertising but I would much rather read 'valid' reports from posters who have visited your bar and not from you pretending to have been a customer, who shall we say might exaggerate just a tiny, tiny bit. :dontknow:

witchhunt
January 24th, 2011, 15:41
Have a cold shower and read this thread. Have things changed that much. is it that yaya did not pay to advertise on Sawatdee?

gay-thailand-f9/cheap-advertising-for-yaya-t20122.html?hilit=yaya (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/cheap-advertising-for-yaya-t20122.html?hilit=yaya)

January 24th, 2011, 15:45
Dear Combat while your comment is true to a "certain degree" I have NOT exaggerated one single iota. If I have, ypu are welcome to point it out. Our bar is everything I have said and more and is packed numerous times through the week to the point that we refuse customers at the door because there is no place else to sit. nd YES, I do understand that it is a small bar BUT it does hold about 50 people. I dare say that as most of the bars are lucky when they get 2 - 5 customers, they would die for even half that many!! :alc: But thank you for your advice.

January 24th, 2011, 15:49
Witchunt I dare say that it is not an "advertising stunt" when a user only wants to keep business remarks seperate from personal remarks, and replies to ANOTHER USERS POST. Go on a Witchunt somewhere else. You are using a post that accuses a bar owner of using SGT and posting 4 out of 10 posts for advertising. I did it, what, once in a month?? That aint bad.
It is amazing what some people find as thrilling news when news is slow and there is something to gossp about and make into thrilling and exaggerated news.
Extry Extry read all about it!!
:sign5:

Brad the Impala
January 24th, 2011, 16:37
LOL LOL

Getting back to the OP - I was in Pattaya for 3 weeks over Christmas / New Year and have nothing but praise for Happy Place Bar - quality drinks (I recognise difference between cheap and branded gin), good looking staff (obviously not all will appeal to every customer - but a good selection I would say), good service and very friendly. I didnt think the prices were "out of sync" with other bars in the area.

The bar was always full (unlike all the other gogos I visited), and many boys were taken off - and surely these are the only two measures that matter. I found Happy Place a very pleasant and welcome addition - and look forward to my visits there in April

Carry on the good work Uncle Buckie !

Although your post may be genuine, we now unfortunately have a bar owner who has posted praise of this bar as if he were a customer. He has therefore undermined the validity of any other poster's positive comments about his business, unless perhaps the poster is of long standing. How can we now believe that the apparently impartial comments don't actually come from the owner?

January 24th, 2011, 16:50
Although your post may be genuine, we now unfortunately have a bar owner who has posted praise of this bar as if he were a customer. He has therefore undermined the validity of any other poster's positive comments about his business, unless perhaps the poster is of long standing. How can we now believe that the apparently impartial comments don't actually come from the owner?

Thank you Brad, that was the exact point that I was trying to put across, but Auntie knows best!

January 24th, 2011, 17:01

Thank you for the info Aussie.
Went into Happy Place last night at 10:30 for the show and the place was packed. I mean one or two seats to sit max.
The show was dynamite and had a very good time.

Brad, if you are going to quote, please use the correct quote, not from Steve, a satisfied customer, that has been on this board for 2 years or so, longer than the bar has been open. Or even though I tend to disagree with Scottish Guy alot, maybe his earlier favorable post is mine also. :sign5:
Hurry up, lets really blow this out of proportion. Its juicy and it something we can all get in on! You know maybe he has 5 different names. Certainly he is the ONLY one that has more than one and as I said before, this is what, one post in a month?? Horrible!! Horrible!! Horrible!!
Hey, maybe he has a few thousand and really is the ONLY person on SGT!! My gawd!! :sign5:

January 24th, 2011, 17:07
Keep it up Auntie you are doing yourself more damage by trying to take the heat away and make accusations that you can not prove. Scotty may have more handles, which I very much doubt, but until you can prove it leave it alone. It's you that has been caught out, perhaps you have more who knows?

January 24th, 2011, 17:12
Keep it up Auntie you are doing yourself more damage by trying to take the heat away and make accusations that you can not prove. Scotty may have more handles, which I very much doubt, but until you can prove it leave it alone. It's you that has been caught out, perhaps you have more who knows?

Oh my dear Combat, read what I wrote again!!
It merely stated that Scottish Guy wrote something favorable and I said, MAYBE I AM SCOTTISH GUY ALSO!! Get a grip!!
I said maybe I am SteveHadders and Scottish guy!! :sign5:
Talk about doing damage! Read posts before you quote and give advice. :sign5:
It was my point that I was saying, yes, maybe I am this one and that one also. Maybe I am the only one on SGT!!
Look up my posts, there is ONE business related post from justme and it was not a serious one and it was factual !! It talked about a great show and packed, nowhere to sit. WOW my gawd!! Heavens forbid. :lam: ONE a month ago before Christmas. Get a grip on reality people. :sign3: This is like watching Dallas from USA television programing!! Comon guys, certainly we can run this thread up to at least six pages! :sign5: This is earthshaking news! At least prime time television! Front page on every newspaper in the world even.
The answer you are looking for Combat is that you do not know who is who because this board is "Annoymous". End of subject.

Oh and by the way, I shall continue to post personally under my other name as I see nothing wrong with it! :glasses7:

January 24th, 2011, 18:29
"Do as I say, not as I do" Auntie must be right as always. I most certainly would not be a customer in your bar, Christ if anyone had the audacity to complain they'd be in there a week listening to why they shouldn't be complaining. And posting under multiple handles is much like talking to yourself, and you know what they say about that Auntie?

January 24th, 2011, 18:47
Well done Combat. "Do as I say and not as I do?" You made an error in your post and what did YOU do, try to justify it by diverting attention away from your error and not like me.....pathetic!! :sign5: Again read YOUR WORDS

Re: Board in Pattaya
Author: combat ┬╗ Sun 16 Jan, 2011 4:56 am

Well done Auntie I was hoping that you would notice your own error and correct it.

Thats TWO misquoted errors on one thread! :sign5: Wanna go for three?

Beachlover
January 24th, 2011, 18:51
I think it's fair and probably wise that he keeps his personal and business handles separate. Could've been more upfront about it though.

LOL... Trust Unkie to be "sprung" because he fumbled up on some detail... it's like watching a drunk in a car accident. Then what does he do? He gets out of the car, gets in another car, starts it up and crashes that one too! Hehe :occasion9:

January 24th, 2011, 18:54
I think it's fair and probably wise that he keeps his personal and business handles separate. Could've been more upfront about it though.

LOL... Trust Unkie to be "sprung" because he fumbled up on some detail... it's like watching a drunk in a car accident. Then what does he do? He gets out of the car, gets in another car, starts it up and crashes that one too! Hehe :occasion9:

LOL! I always said I was a little spaced at times. It was too early in the morning to realize I did that! :sign5:

Shit! If I did something that was serious, like the wrong quote above which I later apologized for, (see this thread 2 quotes back) I would own up and apologize for it. I see no harm was ever done here and no need to apologize for it.

By the way Beachie, while I appreciate your comment, the part about, I could have been more up front about it would have taken away all the reason for having to usernames, now wouldnt it? If everyone knew both of them, there would serve no purpose to have a personal one. But thanks for the support anyhoo!

January 24th, 2011, 18:57
Well done Combat. "Do as I say and not as I do?" You made an error in your post and what did YOU do, try to justify it by diverting attention away from your error and not like you said about me.....pathetic!! :sign5:

Report this postReply with quoteRe: Board in Pattaya

Well done Auntie I was hoping that you would notice your own error and correct it.

Dragging up older posts to try to divert attention from your idiotic ruse as a paying customer in your own bar will not wash it. Whenever someone who has not been a 'longtime' poster says anything good about your establishment it will be taken as pure claptrap, which is a pity as it might well be true!

January 24th, 2011, 19:03
[/quote]

Dragging up older posts to try to divert attention from your idiotic ruse as a paying customer in your own bar will not wash it. Whenever someone who has not been a 'longtime' poster says anything good about your establishment it will be taken as pure claptrap, which is a pity as it might well be true![/quote]

Well done Combat, you just keep denying you have been wrong three times now.
"Drgging up old posts"? dear, it came from a current post barely over one week old!!!

Re: Board in Pattaya

Hey I really do not like getting bashed for a minor incident BUT at least if I am going to get bashed, don't preach one thing and live by another!
You have twisted and misquoted three times now. I was not deciving but your accusations are Combat. Live by your own policy.

Dont worry Combat, I wont miss you, you see the bar IS packed most nights and the shows ARE great. One body missing wont hurt. And it will be your loss and not mine. Keep up your bashing and justifying that you yourself screwed up twice,

Combat wrote:
Christ if anyone had the audacity to complain they'd be in there a week listening to why they shouldn't be complaining.

You keep talking about stuff you have no knowlege. You don't know my bar, dont know me.
For me, I am done with this thread.

Beachlover
January 24th, 2011, 19:09
By the way Beachie, while I appreciate your comment, the part about, I could have been more up front about it would have taken away all the reason for having to usernames, now wouldnt it? If everyone knew both of them, there would serve no purpose to have a personal one. But thanks for the support anyhoo!
Ok, that's fair enough you might not announce the personal username. But using both names to attack another poster and using the personal handle to post a positive review of your own bar is pretty wrong. You have to see that. You don't seem to have any hang ups about letting go and owning up about that being not very ethical so hopefully you'll do that so people get off your back about it.

I'm not saying that's the worst thing that's ever been done here but yeah, it's not cool.

I think everyone knows Unkie's just a walking disaster now so maybe just don't take it too seriously when he fumbles up... I think he's relatively harmless and entertaining to watch... :happy7: ... it's cool that he sponsors the board too.

January 24th, 2011, 19:18
But using both names to attack another poster and using the personal handle to post a positive review of your own bar is pretty wrong. You have to see that. You don't seem to have any hang ups about letting go and owning up about that being not very ethical so hopefully you'll do that so people get off your back about it.

I have no hangup about that Beachie. The positive review was used ONCE. It was not proper and thats why IT WAS NOT DONE AGAIN and it was done A MONTH AGO. If I thought it was ok, I would have done it again and again. It was a quick 2 sentence plug.

As far as saying something negative about a person, well it is done all over this board and people are routinely bashing with numerous names, but is it wrong?? Yes it is incorrect and it should be stopped no matter who you are and what board you supposrt. That will not happen again.

cdnmatt
January 24th, 2011, 19:19
http://www.lolcaption.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/funny-fail-pics-epic-fail-massive-train-wreck.jpg

January 24th, 2011, 19:21
I think everyone knows Unkie's just a walking disaster now so maybe just don't take it too seriously when he fumbles up... I think he's relatively harmless and entertaining to watch.

Well put Beachy, and I'm pleased to hear from the real Auntie that his bar is "packed most nights"

Mind how you trip Auntie, I mean go! :thumbleft:

January 24th, 2011, 19:22
http://www.lolcaption.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/funny-fail-pics-epic-fail-massive-train-wreck.jpg

Good one Matt :sign5:

Beachlover
January 24th, 2011, 20:41
Epic Fail
LOL... Now watch as he gets up and does it again! :happy7:

I have no hangup about that Beachie. The positive review was used ONCE. It was not proper and thats why IT WAS NOT DONE AGAIN and it was done A MONTH AGO. If I thought it was ok, I would have done it again and again. It was a quick 2 sentence plug.

As far as saying something negative about a person, well it is done all over this board and people are routinely bashing with numerous names, but is it wrong?? Yes it is incorrect and it should be stopped no matter who you are and what board you supposrt. That will not happen again.
Well... it takes a man to admit a mistake so good on you. Have fun!

January 24th, 2011, 20:50
As far as saying something neg., Well... it takes a man to admit a mistake so good on you. Have fun!

Agreed points made and points taken, time to move on.

January 24th, 2011, 23:45
Contrary to Unkie's suggestion - I have only ever posted under one name.

His other suggestion that he might actually BE me is so ridiculous as to be hardly worth responding to.

As for the attempt to deflect the heat by re-hashing a previous disagreement, well that's just lame - especially since I have continued to frequent his bar during the intervening period. Having to disguise myself with a false nose and black fedora hat has been a bit of a cunt though. No doubt Unkie will be fast forwarding through his CCTV tapes all night now :laughing3: :laughing3:

Unkie's problem now is that he has lost credibilty by using other handles to back himself up and also by posting fake testimonials about his "packed most nights" bar. On the other hand he has 'fessed up as I invited him to do, so kudos for that.

It's all a bit of a pity as his bar is actually quite good (see my original post) and there is no need to post bogus testimonials nor to grossly exaggerate its merits.

January 24th, 2011, 23:52
Contrary to Unkie's suggestion - I have only ever posted under one name. :occasion9:

I'd love you more Scotty if you wern't Scottish, but I suppose we can't have everything we wish for :tongue3:

January 25th, 2011, 00:29
Oh Scotty you did not understand the comment same as Combat.
Someone said made the comment that all the favorable posts were now in question.
I merely pointed out that I was NOT the two favorable posts. One being another persons and one being yours. I said, what am I Scottish Guy ALSO?
Please both of you, read it and get it right and just drop this whole screwy thing!

Ya know, you keep suggesting that you wont go to the bar because you think I have lost credibility etc etc etc etc.
Whatever, ya know you dont have to like the owner of Foodland to like the store and buy there.
Dont like me guys, I really dont give a hoot. The fact remains that the bar is by many many many people #1 as a gay bar in Pattaya. The best drinks, the best boys, the most variety, the best prices, I dont care. I created and have the finest. If you dont want to come, dont.
Tonight at one point we had only 2 seats available before we were at capacity. I had those two seats reserved for Combat and Scottish Guy but you all didnt come. Get over it.

Now you can say.... oh see he started again, but I did not. I had dropped it. It was you guys that trudged it up again could not get the comments straight, because of being tired or drunk and went on posting, wrong stuff. You just dont know when enough is enough.

January 25th, 2011, 01:55
Unkie I really fear you are losing the plot altogether.

At no point did I say I wouldn't go to your bar because you had lost credibility - it's a gogo bar - I go to see cute boys and I don't give a shit about the owner's credibility or even if he shares a bed with a goat.

I have said TWICE now that your bar is actually quite good - just accept the damned compliment, I don't hand out many.

As for it being the busiest/the finest/Pattaya's #1 gay bar /best drinks/best boys - just try to keep some kind of grip on reality will you.

January 25th, 2011, 04:23
I agree with what Scotty is saying. Nothing else to add so as you say Auntie let's move on. I hope you succeed as I have no reason for you not to.

stevehadders
January 26th, 2011, 16:17
Wow, this thread has exploded!

Look guys, I was giving my view on the bar - I am not influenced by anybody, nor do I pretend to be anybody else . I have been a visitor to Thailand for the last 14 years (i fell in love with the Country on my first visit) and have visitd 46 times since then - 3/4 times a year - not just Pattaya but countrywide, as well as Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos....
I was purely giving my own impression of Happy Place Bar - I read about the bar on this forum (and this forum has been great for me to read about whats happening) and I enjoyed it very much, and I will revisit on my next visit in April - simple as that!
The politics of it all - I will leave that to others - have quite enough already day to day, and Thailand is my "escape".

However I do like healthy debate on the board, and some of the comments do bring a smile to my face, so carry on the good work!

Jellybean
January 27th, 2011, 17:51
I've been dropping in to тАЬHappy PlaceтАЭ and its forerunners on at least one occasion when I am in Pattaya for some time now. Sometimes I will take a boy out and sometimes I donтАЩt see anyone who interests me. I was however impressed with the design and layout the first time I paid it a visit. The toilets also looked clean (almost a novel idea!) and well taken care of. I find the drinks prices reasonable and positively cheap compared with what I am used to in Bangkok. Leaving aside the current spat between the owner and some other posters, I have to say that I think itтАЩs a great and a welcome innovation for us to be able to communicate with a bar owner and to be able to put across our points of view whether they are criticisms or praise. I would certainly welcome the opportunity to hear from the тАЬSoi TwilightтАЭ (in Bangkok) bar owners on this forum. Not sure that I would want to participate in the "Boy Bingo" though, but it seems clear from what Unkiebuck says, that ths is popularr with some of his customers.

Impulse
February 2nd, 2011, 15:30
Okay,Im in Pattaya now and I rarely post when I'm here.
My American friend and I had a great time at happyplace.We even went back a second time,and maybe a third this Friday but there will be a party in my honor,so probably not have time.
I like the atmosphere,the mirrors make it look larger than it is.I don't think it's fair for me to rate the bois as we visit funnybois beforehand,so no one will look too great after that.
We found the show entertaining,specially the fire eater,though he wasn't present the last time we went.The music was the best part.Bois bois bois by Salerna will be added to my ipod soon,thought my friend was going to orgasm right there listening to Good bye Argentina,lol.queen.

Owner seems to be a nice guy,just talked briefly.

witchhunt
February 2nd, 2011, 16:43
this Friday but there will be a party in my honor,so probably not have time.

I like the atmosphere,the mirrors make it look larger than it is.I don't think it's fair for me to rate the bois as we visited funnybois beforehand,so no one will look too great after that.

Did you take boys off from funnyboys or happyboys.

If not why not. You indicate that funnyboys are better .why?

A party in your honour and you have only visited 3 times. hey big spender!!!

February 2nd, 2011, 17:52
Thank you guys for your responses and I am sorry Rocket that I did not have enough time to talk to you individually as I try to do. It was a busy night but and I really appreciate your introducing yourself to me as Rocket (I do remember).

I am glad you all had a nice time!

:love4:

Beachlover
February 3rd, 2011, 18:20
:love4:
Wow... the new avatar suits you LOL. :blackeye:

The music was the best part.Bois bois bois by Salerna will be added to my ipod soon
LOL... is that the theme music Happy Place uses?

My Way Bar at Phuket plays that when the gogo boys are dancing on stage too. I remember it from my first ever trip to Thailand... sure is catchy.

[youtube:3p6bcs6r]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiuHdUkuRi0[/youtube:3p6bcs6r]

February 3rd, 2011, 19:22
I do wish these elderly bar owners would move with the times.

Lady Gaga has a different track of the same name (Boys,Boys,Boys)

Much more up-to-date and far better IMHO.

Sabrina is old enough to be a gogo boy's grandmother.

[youtube:2rbao472]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RYuhrAbVmU[/youtube:2rbao472]

Sen Yai
February 4th, 2011, 01:59
My Way Bar at Phuket plays that when the gogo boys are dancing on stage too. I remember it from my first ever trip to Thailand... sure is catchy.

Your memory is failing you. It's Tangmo that plays Sabrina's Boys Boys Boys, not My Way.

Brad the Impala
February 4th, 2011, 02:06

Your memory is failing you. It's Tangmo that plays Sabrina's Bays Boys Boys, not My Way.

Agreed, but perhaps they both do. The owners are of a generation that may be stuck in the groove.

Sen Yai
February 4th, 2011, 02:13
[quote=Beachlover]

Your memory is failing you. It's Tangmo that plays Sabrina's Bays Boys Boys, not My Way.

Agreed, but perhaps they both do. The owners are of a generation that may be stuck in the groove.[/quote:10zv8757]

Yes, perhaps every gay bar in Thailand has played it at sometime, but Tangmo plays it twice a night (at show time) and has done every night for years and years and years and ......

Even Jupiter gave it up a few years back.

February 4th, 2011, 19:47
I looked at the video and want to thank Scottish Guy for posting it. It is very catchy and I will forward it to our choreographer.
While I think it might be good for the SHOW at 10:30 pm each night (plug) I am not sure if he would be able to teach all the regular staff to dance to it.
But we will try.

Again thank you.

Beachlover
February 5th, 2011, 08:59
Your memory is failing you. It's Tangmo that plays Sabrina's Boys Boys Boys, not My Way.
It was definitely My Way. I went there for a drink about a year ago and they were still playing the same music. I know the owner of My Way owns quite a few bars on that street and it wouldn't surprise me if other bars played the same music. It might be 80s/90s music (I think) but it's catchy...

Justme... I reckon any of the popular songs by Lady Gaga should prove a popular theme to stage gigs. Think Alejandro, Monster, Dance in the Dark, Poker Face, Telephone, Bad Romance etc. They're boppy and popular with the gay crowd... just an idea.

When I went to Blue Chilli in Phnom Penh there was this gig where a bunch of ladyboys acted out the song, "Telephone". It was kind of good.

Impulse
February 7th, 2011, 21:45
Did you take boys off from funnyboys or happyboys.

If not why not. You indicate that funnyboys are better .why?

A party in your honour and you have only visited 3 times. hey big spender!!!

No,I was staying near Sunee and there were plenty to off there.Funnyboys have some remarkable bois on display there,arguably the best in pattaya.A party at another bar,which is why I had no time to go back to Happyplace.
Yes,I'm a big spender when I visit Thailand,as it's the only time i really indulge myself all year.But big spender is all relative.Now if I had Bill Gates money,the bois would be lining up at the airport to greet me.