PDA

View Full Version : Cafe Royale

January 18th, 2011, 07:10
Is it worth staying at the cafe royale with regard to the prices they charge , or do they manage to get away with it due to their position in boys town. They must also be joaking in charging high season rates up till the beginning of may

January 18th, 2011, 07:18
Is it worth staying at the cafe royale with regard to the prices they charge , or do they manage to get away with it due to their position in boys town. They must also be joaking in charging high season rates up till the beginning of may

Send an e mail to Tom at Le Cafe Royale is your best bet,and ask,maybe website out of date or overlooked,send mail and get an up to the minute answer,is your best course of action,he's a nice amiable guy. :lam:

Everyone is doing deals in Pattaya, you want to buy a house? :notworthy:

stkyricesf
January 18th, 2011, 09:23
I have stayed at Cafe Royale since 98. Of course it has changed. For convience, staff friendliness, and services, it can't be beat. However, since they gave up almost 3/4 of their rooms to Copa and I have not yet stayed at Copa, I can not judge at this time. My loyalty still is with Cafe Royale, but due to prices, I may try the Copa just to compare. Cheers! :alc:

January 18th, 2011, 21:49
Yes definately try the Copa! Clean and nice! I have used thier short time rooms when I get tired at the bar and want to take a nap for a few hours. Clean and comfortable! :bis:

January 19th, 2011, 00:25
I stayed at Cafe Royale last April during Songkran. I thought it was a fair value and a very convenient location. It is loud until 3am if they are having a show downstairs but that isn't every night and it was reasonably quiet, otherwise.

I'm thinking about trying Mosaik on my next stay. I've walked past it a couple of times and it looks very nice, although a bit more out of the way.

brighton man
January 19th, 2011, 01:35
Well I agree and considering the prices they charge for the conditions of the rooms its outrageous!The staff are attractive though .

January 19th, 2011, 02:07
brighton manhit it on the head, the rates are two high for the standard of the rooms. Although you dont go to pattaya to watch tv at night, the room tv , are very old and need to be replaced, as well as most of the beds etc in the delux and standard rooms., The only thing the cafe has going for it is its location, but you get better rooms for less money by staying at the copa n ext door

dab69
January 19th, 2011, 03:00
there are only a couple of rooms that are loud at night.
nice place to make a hotel home with nice people working there.

not that unaffordable and wouldn't consider staying anyplace else.

davidsobe
January 19th, 2011, 07:59
For the last 3 years, I stayed at le Cafe Royale. However, this season, I switched over to the Copa, as their prices are over 15% lower than at le Cafe Royale. And.....I am getting virtually the same room I had at Cafe Royale, but under a different name and ownership. the Ambiance is also more pricey than the Copa.

January 19th, 2011, 08:12
For the last 3 years, I stayed at le Cafe Royale. However, this season, I switched over to the Copa, as their prices are over 15% lower than at le Cafe Royale. And.....I am getting virtually the same room I had at Cafe Royale, but under a different name and ownership. the Ambiance is also more pricey than the Copa.

Hi,

And just along the road you have the Royal Twins,with great swimming pool and location. I loved it there,after selling what is now,the Copa.

It has been popular with many gays and even ones from this board.It depends really where you want to be,at the end of the day. You may want to be within spitting distance of the go go bars,then you have four/five options in the immediate area.

If you want more privacy,without all eyes looking at who you are with or you like the pool in the day and can't be bothered with the trek and vendors of Jomtien,it's another option,and easily in the price range.

They, the Royal Twins, even do a 10% membership scheme for three hotels they own,or they used to.

Pattaya is full of options,and guests can be demanding for their baht,these days.

louis50
January 19th, 2011, 08:49
I stayed here for a couple of days before Christmas. Overall, it was just OK.

Despite having an email confirmation of my booking from the manager, when I arrived the receptionist was unable to locate my booking and was slightly off-hand but eventually, after a lot of sighing and rolling his eyes he called the manager (Tom?) and passed the phone over to me. 'We were expecting you yesterday', were his first words. I pointed out that I had arrived on the same date as in the email and he said it was 'no problem' and that a room was available. Instead of an apology for their mistake and for having 10 or minutes of uncertainty as whether or not I'd get a room I was made to feel as though I was in the wrong. It wasn't a big deal but it wasn't exactly a warm welcome either.

The room was OK but the furnishings were old and a bit tatty. Definitely in need of a refurb, I'd say. I did like the fact that there was free wi-fi in the room.

Other staff were friendly and helpful and the location is convenient but to be honest I wouldn't rush back to this place. For 1500 baht per night there are probably better options available.

Jason1988
January 26th, 2011, 00:32
I stayed at Cafe Royale last April during Songkran. I thought it was a fair value and a very convenient location. It is loud until 3am if they are having a show downstairs but that isn't every night and it was reasonably quiet, otherwise.

I'm thinking about trying Mosaik on my next stay. I've walked past it a couple of times and it looks very nice, although a bit more out of the way.

If you are staying for more than a week Mosaik Apartments is a good alternative. Everything was very clean and well maintained. They couldn't have been nicer tome and went out of their way to make sure that if I needed anything they would be glad to help. It takes some getting use to as it isn't as convenient as staying in Boys Town. It is much quieter for sleeping if that is something you would need to consider. The only downside is the water pressure in the shower can get a bit low at some times. This wasn't a problem for me as I never rush showering. There are plenty of places in the immediate area to eat, drink, get massages and it's just a short walk to Sunee Plaza if that is to your liking. I liked it better than staying at Le Royal Cafe, but I'm sure some on here would not agree.

dab69
January 26th, 2011, 05:34
if you are hard up you can get a Balcony Member Card.
Good on discounts including Cafe Royale.

Jellybean
January 26th, 2011, 13:24
I have stayed at the Caf├й Royale for the past 6 years (not permanently of course, just as and when I go down to Pattaya!) and find it convenient location wise. I also enjoy sitting on the caf├й balcony area watching the gay world go by. The only problem I ever had was when I was put in a room directly above the bar Copa (Splash/ Throb). But I understand that those rooms have been hived off to the separate hotel called The Copa so that problem no longer exists - well not for customers of the Cafe Royale - ha, ha, ha! I have read many posters recommend other hotels and must admit to being curious, but I am not much of a risk taker and tend to stick with what I know. In short, it suits me.

January 26th, 2011, 21:05
Cafe Royale when compared to other establishments isoverpriced. But I don't believe in moaning without giving a response.

However, you also get what you pay for and you have to ask what Le Cafe Royale has to offer and do you get that sort of service at other establishments. Apart from the obvious, i.e. food, bar, entertainment, you also have an very good management team, who I believe act in your best interests when it comes to needing help for whatever reason, i.e. language problems if you get into a little bother, security when bringing people back, contact people if necessary, loads of little things that matter (to me anyway). I don't know of any chain type hotels that would do that for you. The rooms are looking a little tired but they're not that bad, I think new bedding might help, along with showers and toilets redone.

For 1500 bht a night you can stay in a nice hotel with pool etc but these type of places lack the personal touch such what is available at places like Cafe Royale.

adman5000
January 27th, 2011, 02:24
I have always been satisfied staying at Cafe Royale and Tom has always treated me fairly. This time when I made a late decision to come to Pattaya for a few days they were full, so I found a room at the Ambiance. It was just fine. I also found the staff very helpful there. So I view them to be nearly equivalent and am willing to pay the higher price than surrounding areas for the convenience and service.