PDA

View Full Version : Do the boys leave Pattaya for Songkran?

asdsrfr-old
January 17th, 2011, 06:27
I may be in Thailand during Songkran--probably Phuket.

After that fun(or madness) is over I may head to Pattaya for a few days . A Thai friend who doesn't go out to the bars told me that all the boys will have left Pattaya to go home to visit their families. Are the gogo bars likely to be empty then? Has anyone been to Pattaya right after Songkran had just finished?

Thanks for any insight.

January 17th, 2011, 08:32
Songkran in Thailand is from 13-15 April 2011 ( and 2012 and so on).
Most "Service-workers" will go home, so their work-places will be relatively quiet.

In Pattaya, Songkran will be held on the 19th......that's the date for the last years.
Most "service-workers" will be back for this great event, however, the question is whether they will provide service-as-usual on the 19th. 80% will be drunk and not able to perform any duty.

DCbob
January 17th, 2011, 09:28
I was here last year and about 50 percent went up country, but that left plenty.
A lot of the farangs leave so less competition.
I will be here this year, so I know I will have fun.
Too wet for fireworks, which I do not like anyway.

MARK
January 17th, 2011, 09:47
Most of the boys go home for Songkran or are that drunk cannot attend work anyway. The krazy dragon will be closed the week Songkran covers the Pattaya area 1 day or so before Songkran and 1 day or so after. :dontknow: :alc:

tomas1
January 17th, 2011, 10:53
How wild it Sonkran in Pattaya? Is it limited to some areas of town like in Bangkok, or will you be wet whereever you go? It is the beginning of Easter holidays for many of us. I will be in Pattaya, but do NOT like to be wet all the time

stevehadders
January 17th, 2011, 14:19
Well I have been most years for about the last 15, and would say its getting longer and wetter! From the date Songkran starts until the finale (the day it is officially celebrated in Pattaya) you will see many people "Playing Water" during the day. If you take baht bus from South Pattaya to Jomtien you will almost certainly be drenched several times - and I mean drenched (usually with iced water!) Most of it is concentrated in those areas until the night prior to Songkran - after the bars close the boys celebrate and run amok !
On the day of Songkran the City is heaving (the festival is held approx week after the rest of the country )- and all Bangkok, or so it seems descend on Pattaya - you will get soaked if you venture out that day! All of Pattaya - Beach Road, 2nd road, Sunnee, Jomtien will be full of people happily soaking each other until sunset when it all finishes.
My advice would be join in, and enjoy, Sanuk! Its all in good humour (mostly) - and the laundries make a fortune on all the powdered clothes! :hello1:

blueboy
January 17th, 2011, 18:31
Songkran in Pattaya & Jomtien is from 13 through to the last BIG day on 19th April.
If you do not mind getting wet, there are thousands of opportunities to meet young Thais gay boys. Groping each other seem to have become widespread - many of the Thais I usually play with will grope straight boys - Bamboo's in Jomtien is good place for that.
Some boys do go back home, but bars are usually still full of boys unlike other reports (my 8 years experience here).

January 18th, 2011, 04:55
I was here last year and about 50 percent went up country, but that left plenty.

I was there last year and had plenty of fun. I suppose if you're picky you'll have less to choose from. I seem to be attracted to most Asian men so hardly a problem for me.